What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drafting strategy (1 Viewer)

Matt's Eagles

Footballguy
I know there will probably draft the BPA for the holes on your team....but let's say 12 dynasty startup team PPR...What pick do you like and what is your usual take? Is it RB/RB...Is it WR or RB for the 1st 4 rounds?

I know there will probably draft the BPA for the holes on your team....but let's say 12 dynasty startup team PPR...What pick do you like and what is your usual take? Is it RB/RB...Is it WR or RB for the 1st 4 rounds?
There's the thing called the "Search" function. Not to be a ####, but try to use it before you start this thread. We have a 5-10 page thread on it that's only a week or so old if you just search for it :thumbup:

There's the thing called the "Search" function. Not to be a ####, but try to use it before you start this thread. We have a 5-10 page thread on it that's only a week or so old if you just search for it :thumbup:
Lol...sorry looked back 4 pages...didnt see it...thought it was relevant to this upcoming season

Well a lot of variables. If im in the 1-3 im taking Foster or Rice(in redraft ill take ADP or CJ2K over them). Probably QB-WR in the 2nd/3rdIf im in the 4-8 unless ADP slips this far im targeting a QB likely Rodgers, id wager hes the best dynasty QB atm. Most likely WR-WR in 2nd/3rdIf im in the 9-12 im likely gonna go WR-WR in the first/second for studs dream scenario would be Megatron and Nicks hoping to get Josh Freeman or even better QB in the 3rd or 4th.I would honestly Prefer 9-12.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care much about positions until later in the draft. I try to mix safe picks with risk/reward types, concentrate more on safe picks for core players and then bring in some high upside players. For example, an ideal draft from the 10 hole would look something like Rodgers, Mendenhall, Maclin, Gates, Holmes, Spiller, MThomas, Simpson...

Lol...sorry looked back 4 pages...didnt see it...thought it was relevant to this upcoming season
That's why you use the search function rather than manually doing it. I'll go bump it. Again - it would be a lot more helpful for you probably to have all the info that's out there already.

That's why you use the search function rather than manually doing it. I'll go bump it. Again - it would be a lot more helpful for you probably to have all the info that's out there already.
I am not asking for all the analysis...VORP...Just asking people how they draft....when they do a startup....don't need the 7 pagedebate. Just looking to see how different people approach a draft

Users who are viewing this thread