What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DYNASTY: Lance Kendricks (1 Viewer)

I first got worried when I started to see projections for over 900 yards for Kendricks. The guy will be a major force in this offense, I have no doubts. But, the hype just got way, way , way out of control. In NFL.com fantasy he was the 14th ranked TE at one point. Thats nuts!! Tight End is not a position you learn in one year unless you play for the patriots. Check all the best TEs in the game, they all took multiple years to develop. Do I think Kendricks is a smart kid? Yes. Do I think he has a boatload of talent? Yes. Do I he might be a little to young and inexperienced to be a major fantasy factor? Yes. He ran the wrong routes last night and didn't go in motion when he was suppose to. This offense is so young its going to be tough to have anyone be an elite fantasy player this year. Although, you did see a glimpse of what he can do last night with that 26 yard grab. If you bought him in redraft, KAEO him throughout the year. Once this kid has a full grasp of the playbook and starts feeling fully comfortable on the field it will be poetry in motion.

Thats nuts!! Tight End is not a position you learn in one year unless you play for the patriots
Thats the fly in the ointment- why the patriots? And would Josh McDaniels know how to make that happen in St Louis?

Rotoworld:

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch thinks the Patriots could make a run at free agent TE Lance Kendricks.

Patriots OC Josh McDaniels was the play-caller in St. Louis when the Rams drafted Kendricks 47th overall in the 2011 draft and went as far to "pound the table" for him. It proved to be a significant reach, as Kendricks never developed into a pass-catching threat for the Rams. But he's a solid do-it-all tight end who could make for a solid running mate with Rob Gronkowski in New England.

Related: Patriots

Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch
Mar 6 - 12:01 PM

Kendricks is averaging almost 10 targets per game over the last 4 weeks which is #1 among TEs and he is available on most wires.

Roto

Lance Kendricks at Jets: Among all tight ends over the past four weeks, Kendricks is No. 1 in targets per game at 9.75. He’s seen target totals of 6, 7, and 10 over the past three games and leads the Rams in red-zone targets in that span. Kendricks should have had an easy touchdown last week against the Panthers, but he dropped a pass that hit him right in the hands in the end zone. Kendricks blamed the sun getting in his eyes after the game. Coach Jeff Fisher said he wants to run the ball more, but this isn’t the week to get Todd Gurley going on the ground. The Jets are No. 2 in run-defense DVOA and 30th against the pass. They’ve allowed the seventh-most receiving yards to tight ends and are 23rd in red-zone defense. Kendricks’ ceiling is relatively low, but at such a shallow position like tight end, it’s hard to pass up on the volume he’s been seeing lately. Even a 4-50 or 5-60 receiving line could put Kendricks in the mix for a TE1 finish.

Kendricks is averaging almost 10 targets per game over the last 4 weeks which is #1 among TEs and he is available on most wires.

Roto
Why are they saying he's averaging almost 10 targets a week over the last three. That's misleading info. He's averaging almost 8 targets. Every thing gets sensationalized now days. Let's just be truthful 7.2 targets per week isn't almost 10 it's almost 8. Still good but not 10. Roto blows everything out of proportion. Hack site. 

It was poorly written.  Per FBGs his last 3 games targets were 8, 9, and 12.  Pretty nice TE floor production available on the wire.

Users who are viewing this thread