What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McClure's BBQ (4 Viewers)

Hey Tipsy I pointed a guy I work with in your direction for some good Que while he's in NO on vacation. His name is Lonnie and he should be stopping by tonight.

Hey Tipsy I pointed a guy I work with in your direction for some good Que while he's in NO on vacation. His name is Lonnie and he should be stopping by tonight.
he called yesterday...i think they came in last night while I wasn't there. gotta see the fam sometimes. :)

Really nice day yesterday in Charm City, so I paraded the T all over town. Here we are at the Baltimore Zoo in front of the prairie dog enclosure. Apologies for the cheesy smile, but when teen daughter says smile, you smile.

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u462/JamesDaulton/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0072_zpsea2bdca6.jpg
WTF?! SLEEVES?! :)
I know, right. Wifey likes the shirt so much she forbid me to "alter" it at all. This is seriously at the top of my t-shirt collection as far as comfort.

So, my birthday is coming up. I have a sneaking suspicion that my wife is planning a trip down to McClures. I could be off, but I know my wife's MO.

You plan on being closed at all in December? Don't want her to be bummed if she is indeed planning this.

coming to NOLA for the Saints/9ers game this weekend, and will be there until Wednesday. I'll definitely have to try Tipsy's place at least once...my mouth is already watering!

Went for lunch last Friday and it was fantastic. My wife is still talking about it. We split the all meats and all sides plate. I think the pulled pork with the South Carolina sauce was my favorite. We both loved the jambalaya too. :thumbup: to Tipsy

looks like I might be judging an amatuer BBQ cook off filmed here in Nola...new show....I can't compete because I'm a restaurant. filming in December.... I get a limo :)
Need any help tasting and limo sitting?

Seriously though, if you need help with Hogs for the Cause, let me know, as long as I don't have any conflicts, I'm interested in learning and don't mind doing Charlie work

Just booked a little bidness trip to Nawlins. Tipsey, I will be there on Thursday, December 12th. Will bring my crew with me. Look forward to seeing you again and getting some fine grub and a shirt.

went in Thursday night just after opening. we had all meats all sides. it was a lot of food for 2 so couldn't finish it all, but everything was really good. the ribs and chicken stood out the most among the meats, and I probably liked the potato salad best among the sides but the jambalaya and mac & cheese were also great.

place was quiet when we got there as most people were ordering their food to go, but it picked up later on when we were leaving. Since it was pretty quiet, got to talk to Tipsy for a bit and it was good to meet him. Got myself a shirt and he threw in some free rub as well. It's a nice place. Highly recommend making a visit if you're in town.

had a great trip. also ate at Dante's Kitchen the night before. Shrimp & Grits there was probably the best I've ever had. Hit up some great restaurants like Commander's Palace and August while we were there and never had a bad meal. Such a great food city and McClure's fits right in.

As for the smoker problems, he moved it across the street to get it away from the condo that was complaining about the smoke. Sounds like it's in a trial period to see if that helps resolve the complaints.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you're just some guy standing on a random street corner smoking meat now?

That's kinda cool.
well, I think before the smoker was behind the restaurant between him and the condo building. now it's just across the street but it's a pretty small and non-busy street so not too much further away from the restaurant.

looks like it's right next to a dog daycare place. man those dogs must salivate from smelling delicious smoked meat all day long.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's kinda cool.
well, I think before the smoker was behind the restaurant between him and the condo building. now it's just across the street but it's a pretty small and non-busy street so not too much further away from the restaurant.

looks like it's right next to a dog daycare place. man those dogs must salivate from smelling delicious smoked meat all day long.
I'm trying to figure out how to shtickify this. Could I just set up a smoker on one corner of Las Vegas Blvd and hang out all day with a cooler, a lawn chair, and a pork butt?

That's kinda cool.

I'm trying to figure out how to shtickify this. Could I just set up a smoker on one corner of Las Vegas Blvd and hang out all day with a cooler, a lawn chair, and a pork butt?
Ask Worm, he had pretty much everything but the smoker at the Circle Bar.

Very mean of him to put up those pictures of the smoked turkeys he is selling for thanksgiving on facebook. Especially since he hasn't responded to a request to ship one!!! ;->

Aaron Rudnicki said:
went in Thursday night just after opening. we had all meats all sides. it was a lot of food for 2 so couldn't finish it all, but everything was really good. the ribs and chicken stood out the most among the meats, and I probably liked the potato salad best among the sides but the jambalaya and mac & cheese were also great.

place was quiet when we got there as most people were ordering their food to go, but it picked up later on when we were leaving. Since it was pretty quiet, got to talk to Tipsy for a bit and it was good to meet him. Got myself a shirt and he threw in some free rub as well. It's a nice place. Highly recommend making a visit if you're in town.

had a great trip. also ate at Dante's Kitchen the night before. Shrimp & Grits there was probably the best I've ever had. Hit up some great restaurants like Commander's Palace and August while we were there and never had a bad meal. Such a great food city and McClure's fits right in.

As for the smoker problems, he moved it across the street to get it away from the condo that was complaining about the smoke. Sounds like it's in a trial period to see if that helps resolve the complaints.
the sabers hat gave it away.....

Aaron Rudnicki said:

the sabers hat gave it away.....
Was he wearing it backwards?

That's kinda cool.
well, I think before the smoker was behind the restaurant between him and the condo building. now it's just across the street but it's a pretty small and non-busy street so not too much further away from the restaurant.looks like it's right next to a dog daycare place. man those dogs must salivate from smelling delicious smoked meat all day long.
Ask Worm, he had pretty much everything but the smoker at the Circle Bar.
WTF!

Very mean of him to put up those pictures of the smoked turkeys he is selling for thanksgiving on facebook. Especially since he hasn't responded to a request to ship one!!! ;->
sold a bunch so far. I'm nearly pit capacity. I'm really dropping the ball this year by not offering sides too...I might come up with some last minute since ill be cooking for the family as well but right now I am preoccupied....

.I am preparing for the Po Boy festival this weekend think 50k people on one 1/2 mile street....serving my smoked brisket cheese steak with provolone sauce and smoked onions & peppers. I have about 500 pounds of brisket to cook & slice and about 60 gallons of Jambalaya or more....

sold a bunch so far. I'm nearly pit capacity. I'm really dropping the ball this year by not offering sides too...I might come up with some last minute since ill be cooking for the family as well but right now I am preoccupied....

.I am preparing for the Po Boy festival this weekend think 50k people on one 1/2 mile street....serving my smoked brisket cheese steak with provolone sauce and smoked onions & peppers. I have about 500 pounds of brisket to cook & slice and about 60 gallons of Jambalaya or more....
That fest is gonna be insanity since there won't be a Saints game on Sunday.

Godspeed.

And my request for shipping to DC? ;->

tipsy mcstagger said:

Sounds great. Wish I could go, but I'm also wondering if you have a cardiologist on staff?

tipsy mcstagger said:

Pics needed. I expect to see that PoBoy on the Food Channel soon.

tipsy mcstagger said:

I forbid you from removing this from the menu before January 5th :o

I'm hopefully throwing some business your way tonight. I told them to get the All Meats & All Sides, and to ask for Tipsy.

What is provolone sauce.

And if I get down there and McClures is closed, I will be :mad:
we make a white roux, add heavy cream, provolone, salt, pepper, and horseradish. Its like nacho cheese sauce but with provolone. I hate the cheeze whiz philly uses so I went with a gooey melty provolone sauce on it.

Mr. Ected said:
tipsy mcstagger said:

And my request for shipping to DC? ;->
sorry...homeland security won't let me near a mail box again after the great brisket panic of 2011.....

Users who are viewing this thread