What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McClure's BBQ (3 Viewers)

Sorry. Didn't want to offend you

Anyway, all meats and all sides is the only way to go if you want to try everything imo. On top of that, Tipsy graciously added the lamb ribs to the platter and they were extremely awesome. I second what icon said about them earlier. The lamb takes the smoke on perfectly.

My favorite was the brisket. Cooked perfectly. Great bark and great taste. Followed by the ribs (pork and lamb), pulled pork, chicken and then sausage. But don't let that make you think any of it was bad. It is more of a great to less great.

I don't usually eat sides but told myself I had to. I loved the jambalaya and the collared greens. I even tried the pork and beans which I liked.

I tried all the sauces as well. My wife and I both settled on the nola east sauce.

My wife thought everything was great as well. I wish I had time to go back. The place was busy the whole time I was there ( Sunday 1-3ish)

And as others have said, it was a treat to meet Neil. He took time out of his busy day to chat with us for a few minutes. Hardly self important and far from portly.

All in all, awesome experience and am psyched that we were able to make it down.

Sorry. Didn't want to offend you

Anyway, all meats and all sides is the only way to go if you want to try everything imo. On top of that, Tipsy graciously added the lamb ribs to the platter and they were extremely awesome. I second what icon said about them earlier. The lamb takes the smoke on perfectly.

My favorite was the brisket. Cooked perfectly. Great bark and great taste. Followed by the ribs (pork and lamb), pulled pork, chicken and then sausage. But don't let that make you think any of it was bad. It is more of a great to less great.

I don't usually eat sides but told myself I had to. I loved the jambalaya and the collared greens. I even tried the pork and beans which I liked.

I tried all the sauces as well. My wife and I both settled on the nola east sauce.

My wife thought everything was great as well. I wish I had time to go back. The place was busy the whole time I was there ( Sunday 1-3ish)

And as others have said, it was a treat to meet Neil. He took time out of his busy day to chat with us for a few minutes. Hardly self important and far from portly.

All in all, awesome experience and am psyched that we were able to make it down.
Nice. How's the rest of the trip? You got some great weather

Trip is awesome so far. I will.update the nola thread when I get home.

One more thing about mcclures, thought the service was great. Girl working was super nice

New entree / side started today: Smoked Veg Plate with onions, peppers, garlic, eggplant, squash, zucchini, portobellos, and grilled bread.

Also started jarring up my pickles for sale...and escabeche (pickled jalapenos, carrots, onions) and both are on sale as sides or the whole jar.

I can tap the farmers market crowd and any vegetarians / vegan friends of mine out there....and gives me something to do while im here all morning long everyday.

New entree / side started today: Smoked Veg Plate with onions, peppers, garlic, eggplant, squash, zucchini, portobellos, and grilled bread.

Also started jarring up my pickles for sale...and escabeche (pickled jalapenos, carrots, onions) and both are on sale as sides or the whole jar.

I can tap the farmers market crowd and any vegetarians / vegan friends of mine out there....and gives me something to do while im here all morning long everyday.
Is this an every day thing? If so, :thumbup: Trying to drop another few lbs via weight watchers and this would be golden

Is this an every day thing? If so, :thumbup: Trying to drop another few lbs via weight watchers and this would be golden
yep....for now at least. imagine a bbq joint that caters to vegans too. cats & dogs living together. mass hysteria.

yep....for now at least. imagine a bbq joint that caters to vegans too. cats & dogs living together. mass hysteria.
If I were to stop by with my wife one day I'm pretty sure the order would be one all meat, all sides and one smoked veg. She'd obviously try everything on my plate while jealously guarding hers for herself. If the veg dish wasn't there she might be harder to convince to repeat the visit, but would order the chicken the first time at least. In short, powerful means to get repeat customers by appealing to the more health conscious crowd (read: wimmenfolk ;) )

FBG "cactus" sent some of his friends visiting here from Arizona a week or two ago. They brought in a couple that lives in town but I don't believe they had been here. Now that local couple is letting me cater a big wedding party of 200 folks for them in a month.

Send me your address cactus. Rub on the way....
You got it Brotha! I heard that you landed the wedding gig - congrats!

By the way, did you know that the Bride-to-be is the Mayor's niece?

Rub would be SWEET - I do a fair bit of smokin here in the desert!
I see they closed the bar we went to a few times.

If I were to stop by with my wife one day I'm pretty sure the order would be one all meat, all sides and one smoked veg. She'd obviously try everything on my plate while jealously guarding hers for herself. If the veg dish wasn't there she might be harder to convince to repeat the visit, but would order the chicken the first time at least. In short, powerful means to get repeat customers by appealing to the more health conscious crowd (read: wimmenfolk ;) )
I can put down some chow... I'll say that you won't have any issues with her picking off your All Meat All Sides platter... huge portion of food :yes:

I'm going to be down in New Orleans during Mardi Gras for my cousin's wedding. I've already got my whole family excited about trying out New Orleans' hottest new BBQ restaurant. I can't wait to finally experience the glory of McClure's after following Neil's experience here for years.

Popping Up for Lunch @ the Rusty Nail today for the 1st time....they have never had lunch open ....i'm guessing 25 guests just to be generous to myself today. Small beginnings...

Popping Up for Lunch @ the Rusty Nail today for the 1st time....they have never had lunch open ....i'm guessing 25 guests just to be generous to myself today. Small beginnings...
So how does that work. Do you need to have another smoker on hand when you pop up. Do you cook by Mcclures and then transport it

Good luck either way

Tipsy may have had a Cooking Channel TV crew in his restaurant all day yesterday.... :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been to McClure's probably 7 or 8 times since Tipsy opened and it's really been excellent every time.

I went by on Monday and Neil had read beans and rice. Got a side of pork and a drink for about $10. Great value and the red beans were outstanding.

Even if you've eaten there a bunch of times, stop by. You never know what Tipsy might have up his sleeve that day.

Tipsy, when I left on Monday I even called Tom Fitzmorris' show on my way home. He said his wife loves your place. He hasn't gotten by yet, but he says he has tasted his wife's stuff and he said your ribs were top shelf. So, maybe he'll stop by one day...

I have been to McClure's probably 7 or 8 times since Tipsy opened and it's really been excellent every time.

I went by on Monday and Neil had read beans and rice. Got a side of pork and a drink for about $10. Great value and the red beans were outstanding.

Even if you've eaten there a bunch of times, stop by. You never know what Tipsy might have up his sleeve that day.
This is smart strategy. Don't let the menu get stale... frequent unannounced (or only announced via social media) little specials like that do wonders to drive repeat business.

great story does icon have a share of this restaurant?
No. I'm just excited for a buddy's success. :thumbup: At best the Comp BBQ Team we are both on competes under the McClure's name, so TV exposure could potentially help our cause with onsite judging at Memphis in May. However, no, I have no financial stake... just a rooting interest for a friend.

--

UPDATE:

The Judges & TV Crews are in the house right now filming for the "New Orleans : BBQ Wars" episode :popcorn:

Gllll tipsy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome news.

Forgot to tell you....when I came to the pop up that Friday, I asked you about the wings...did them the next day and they were great. Didn't add any salt to the mix....brined them overnight...smoked them on indirect heat on my grill and then a quick fry.

:thumbup:

Man....another tv show lined up and a short filming session with a pbs web series tomorrow. the next tv show should be about the biggest positive thing to ever happen to me professionally...but I'm assuming a lot. Cannot mention the show or host so if you know please keep it quite. I will hint...y'all probably know the host but the concept is brand new and i'm one of the first episodes. A national tv commercial is how I see it panning out....

Meanwhile.....Here comes my largest catering order yet thanks to a recommendation from FBG cactus to some folks visiting from Arizona that brought a friend in getting married. She loved the food.

And the last three weeks have now surpassed my opening 3 weeks average. I didn't think i would get back to that level until my 2nd or 3rd year. It has been a painful last 6 months, but light is starting to shine at the end of the tunnel. Sunday was our largest crowd yet. I finally need more help here!

Now...I have to clean my 3 & 4th case of collard greens for the week.

Users who are viewing this thread