What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RGIII Attitude Issues? (1 Viewer)

ImTheScientist

Footballguy
Per rotoworld

Two scouts expressed to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that they have concerns with Baylor QB Robert Griffin III's attitude.

"He's got a little bit of a selfish streak," said one scout. "Everybody was laying on Cam, but for some reason this guy has become gloves-off. He doesn't treat anybody good." Another scout "questioned the way Griffin deals with people," perhaps referencing RG3's refusal to conduct pre-draft private workouts. We wouldn't read into these opinions. We just found them interesting.
It will be interesting to see how RGIII acts/reacts when things don't go his way...we should see this pretty fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lemme guess... Scouts and fans of the Colts?
Colts could have RGIII if they want him. They are choosing Luck, guess I don't see why they would be upset?
He refused to workout for them. Perhaps one reason.
He would have worked out had he thought they were actually going to pick him. Take the blinders off bro.
Scientist, you kidding me, bro?

This has ZERO to do with me liking Griffin. For all I know, he does have an attitude problem (though odd this is the first we hear of it). This has everything to do with a team sitting pretty at the #1 pick and having what some argue to be the better QB, BLOW OFF YOUR TEAM for a workout.

Do you honestly think that didn't rub some of the Colts' scouts and mgmt the wrong way? If you say no, then I think you're the one with the blinders on.

... bro.

Colts could have RGIII if they want him. They are choosing Luck, guess I don't see why they would be upset?
He would have worked out had he thought they were actually going to pick him. Take the blinders off bro.

This has ZERO to do with me liking Griffin. For all I know, he does have an attitude problem (though odd this is the first we hear of it). This has everything to do with a team sitting pretty at the #1 pick and having what some argue to be the better QB, BLOW OFF YOUR TEAM for a workout.

Do you honestly think that didn't rub some of the Colts' scouts and mgmt the wrong way? If you say no, then I think you're the one with the blinders on.

... bro.
"Take your blinders off bro" .....Do you really think the colts are not selecting RGIII due to a workout?

... bro.
"Take your blinders off bro" .....Do you really think the colts are not selecting RGIII due to a workout?
Please find the exact quote where I even made mention to that.You're grasping at straws now. If you can't see how a team with "almighty #1 power" wouldn't be offended by a star player denying their request for a workout, then there's no helping you.

Whether they were going to draft him, or not.

Enjoy the draft.

Yeah, I remember after the combine how many GMs, coaches, and NFL network personalities cringed about his awful attitude. :rolleyes:

Can I get a Cliff's Notes on the petty bickering here? Calm down. This feels like a non-story. It would be different if stories like this had been a bad pattern over time. A couple of quotes a week before the draft mean nothing to me.

He is a confident guy so I can see how that can rub people the wrong way. On Gruden's QB Camp he seems like a fun-loving guy but he did repeat a couple times 'I don't care what people think of me'. He was referring to his socks but it still struck me as odd that he'd repeat it. Not something I'd worry about but if you want to nit-pick a guy there's always something.

I found it kinda funny right now there is a "RG3 attitude issues" and "RG3 class act" thread just a few topics away from each other.

great thread OP, this is why i love the SP.

i recently read that RGIII neglected to say please OR thank you at his home town mcdonalds drive-thru in copperas cove, TX the other day.

RGIII is undraftable imo. there is no excuse for this kind of behavior. he doesn't belong in today's NFL...

ETA: this just in... andrew luck was spotted holding the door for an 87 year old woman who had just pulled her 1998 lincoln towncar into the handicap parking space next to the entrance of red lobster in houston, tx. sources say it took her 10 minutes to get to the door but luck stood his ground and held the door with a smile as she shuffled her way inside.

my take: luck is a future hall of famer without a doubt.

great thread OP, this is why i love the SP.i recently read that RGIII neglected to say please OR thank you at his home town mcdonalds drive-thru in copperas cove, TX the other day. RGIII is undraftable imo. there is no excuse for this kind of behavior. he doesn't belong in today's NFL...ETA: this just in... andrew luck was spotted holding the door for an 87 year old woman who had just pulled her 1998 lincoln towncar into the handicap parking space next to the entrance of red lobster in houston, tx. sources say it took her 10 minutes to get to the door but luck stood his ground and held the door with a smile as she shuffled her way inside.my take: luck is a future hall of famer without a doubt.
Luck also scored a 37 on the WonderLUCK.

At this time of year, when teams are hoping players will fall, or rise, so the player they really want falls to them, it's really important to believe every piece of smoke or hype.

Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff.

Please believe me, everything I'm tell you is false.

I can't lie to you, I'm telling the truth.

Sorry, not something I'd give too much credence or weight to. (based on other examples of his character)

I think we run out of things to talk about with top blue chip players, so we tear them down, to build them back up again.

For the record, RGIII didn't work out for ANY teams that asked, he didn't single out the Colts. Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned.

By all means, continue with the vitriol though.

For the record, RGIII didn't work out for ANY teams that asked, he didn't single out the Colts. Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned.By all means, continue with the vitriol though.
RGIII didn't single out the colts but the colts booze hound owner singled out RGIII.

Trying to validate the decision for their fans. Same reason they leaked stuff about Manning injuries and recovery struggles.
Bull####. If even 25% of the fanbase wants Griffin over Luck (and I'd say that's high), they would never be swayed by a report as stupid as this.And what happens if Luck turns out average and Griffin is a star? Will Indy personnel come out and say, "Well, we thought Griffin had some attitude problems so we chose Luck instead"? Of course not. A moronic story to begin with and an even worse attempted explanation.

Trying to validate the decision for their fans. Same reason they leaked stuff about Manning injuries and recovery struggles.
Bull####. If even 25% of the fanbase wants Griffin over Luck (and I'd say that's high), they would never be swayed by a report as stupid as this.And what happens if Luck turns out average and Griffin is a star? Will Indy personnel come out and say, "Well, we thought Griffin had some attitude problems so we chose Luck instead"? Of course not. A moronic story to begin with and an even worse attempted explanation.
Huh?It's not a story, it's a thing that some guys actually said. So I don't see how it can be "moronic. And I wasn't saying that's definitely the motivation behind it. I was offering a possible explanation as to what might be the motivation of the Colts IF they were the ones behind the story, because that was the question that was asked. I don't know if they are the ones behind it. But if you don't think fan expectation or happiness with personel decisions plays a factor in teams' decisions to disseminate certain information, I would love to hear your explanation of how the story of Manning's fourth surgery got out.You should think about switching to decaf.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Andrew Luck scored a 37 on his Wonderlic Test, while Robert Griffin III scored a 24.24 is considered the league average by Wonderlic score historians. Luck's Wonderlic result was nine points higher than his predecessor, Peyton Manning's. Blaine Gabbert scored a 31 on the Wonderlic last year, and there has never been any indication that the test is an indicator of future NFL performance. Apr. 19 - 11:15 am et
As smart as he is, how did he only score a 24? :shock:

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Andrew Luck scored a 37 on his Wonderlic Test, while Robert Griffin III scored a 24.

24 is considered the league average by Wonderlic score historians. Luck's Wonderlic result was nine points higher than his predecessor, Peyton Manning's. Blaine Gabbert scored a 31 on the Wonderlic last year, and there has never been any indication that the test is an indicator of future NFL performance. Apr. 19 - 11:15 am et
As smart as he is, how did he only score a 24? :shock:
Standardized tests do not imply intelligence.Only memorization.

Plus, RG3 finished quickly as he had a pow-wow to attend... Right ScienceGuy?

ETA: While I'm sure RG3 is an intelligent guy, getting a Masters doesn't necessarily mean he's brilliant... just dedicated.

Look at me :)

So let's recap all the news that just broke today...

1. Colts tell Luck he's going #1.

2. Scouts say RGIII has a bad attitude.

3. Luck outscores Griffin by 13 points on the wonderlic.

Coincidence? I think not. :tinfoilhat:

So let's recap all the news that just broke today...1. Colts tell Luck he's going #1.2. Scouts say RGIII has a bad attitude.3. Luck outscores Griffin by 13 points on the wonderlic.Coincidence? I think not. :tinfoilhat:
Interesting. By this logic, Irsay was indicating RGIII was a possibility just to gauge fan reaction? Now that the decision is made, all of this PR spin to further validate the selection and lock everyone into thinking they've made the right choice. Well I wasn't convinced before today, but now I am. :popcorn:

Colts fans are going to be haywire when Luck throws TD pass after TD pass to.... uhm.... guys n stuff.

Better get that boy some weapons before they eat him alive.

"Don't taze me bro!" :lmao: This is the typical ticky-tac BS that always gets "leaked" around this time. RGIII is confident...I don't think he has a primadonna attitude. With both of his parents being in the military as enlisted folk, I doubt highly they would have allowed that. These type of leaks aren't worth the time. RGIII will be just fine and I'm sure his teammates will have no problem playing with him.

I know RGIII personally. He's an absolute dooshbag. You don't want him on your team.

If anyone knows Jim Irsay, Daniel Snyder, or Zygi Wilf please relay this info. I would strongly advise against the Colts, Redskins, or Vikings picking him.

I know RGIII personally. He's an absolute dooshbag. You don't want him on your team. If anyone knows Jim Irsay, Daniel Snyder, or Zygi Wilf please relay this info. I would strongly advise against the Colts, Redskins, or Vikings picking him.
This isnt sarcasm!

I know RGIII personally. He's an absolute dooshbag. You don't want him on your team. If anyone knows Jim Irsay, Daniel Snyder, or Zygi Wilf please relay this info. I would strongly advise against the Colts, Redskins, or Vikings picking him.
Funny, I heard the same things about Luck. I think any team holding the first 29 picks would be far better off without him.

RG3= class

I posted a thread about a personal experience regarding him. His career could be a hall of fame clipboard holder but the guy seems genuine.

The same scout questioned skill comparisons of Griffin and Newton."As much as is written about his athleticism, his athleticism under duress in the pocket isn't even close to Cam Newton's," the scout said. "This guy, the only way he gets big plays with his feet is if he's got a wide-open field and the sea opens for him."Another scout interviewed by the newspaper questioned the hype around Griffin, referring to "a lot of bad tape.""Everybody is just assuming because of the Heisman and the socks and all that BS... they are ignoring a lot of bad tape that he's had," the scout said. "I don't think he has vision or pocket feel, which to me are the two most important components of quarterbacking. He's just running around winging it. He's (Michael) Vick, but not as good a thrower."Both of these testimonies are anonymous, and to be taken with a grain of salt. If there are ulterior motives for the criticism, we won't know, but one has to wonder if every team has RG3 rated as high as the Redskins are said to.

^^^

What ulterior motives could there possibly be? Those are some VERY critical words, which all of a sudden, a week before the draft, start pouring out.

The skins aren't going to magically back out now after selling the farm.

Amazing how the sources are anonymous. What a load of ####.

Combine this with today's news about Wright being a fat lazy, 3rd round bum... and something tells me a Baylor hating SOB may be behind it.

Didn't we hear similar nonsense last year about Newton? IIRC, the critics claim he had a fake smile and was very selfish. Now we start hearing garbage about RG, that by all appearance, has no validity. At the risk of getting flamed, I can't help but think there are racial overtones behind these criticisms.

Didn't we hear similar nonsense last year about Newton? IIRC, the critics claim he had a fake smile and was very selfish. Now we start hearing garbage about RG, that by all appearance, has no validity. At the risk of getting flamed, I can't help but think there are racial overtones behind these criticisms.
we still hear this stuff about newton. no surprise it started up about griffin, and a few ppl predicted it would. its bc ppl are still racist.

Per rotoworld

Two scouts expressed to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that they have concerns with Baylor QB Robert Griffin III's attitude.

"He's got a little bit of a selfish streak," said one scout. "Everybody was laying on Cam, but for some reason this guy has become gloves-off. He doesn't treat anybody good." Another scout "questioned the way Griffin deals with people," perhaps referencing RG3's refusal to conduct pre-draft private workouts. We wouldn't read into these opinions. We just found them interesting.
It will be interesting to see how RGIII acts/reacts when things don't go his way...we should see this pretty fast.
Good day for :fishing:

Users who are viewing this thread