What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL3 - Comments (1 Viewer)

QB: Rivers (7)

RB: Trent Richardson (10)

RB: Roy Helu (10)

RB: Mark Ingram (6)

RB: Donald Brown (4)

WR: Dez Bryant (5)

WR: Darius Heyward-Bey (5)

WR: Nate Washington (11)

WR: Davone Bess (7)

WR: David Nelson (8)

TE: Rob Gronkowski (9)

TE: Dallas Clark (5)

Finally getting back to the prime position of WR. Washington is coming off a 1000 yard season, and with Britt possibly gimpy to start the season and a rookie learning his craft on the other side, there are points to be had.

I also drafted WRs the following 2 rounds as well. Bess is a prime target in PPR to me, as he should catch quite a few balls down there just like prior to Marshall's arrival. David Nelson in the 11th round was nice as well, as he is coming off a nice season and is a HUGE target in the red zone.

On my thoughts of RBs, it is simply a matter of scarcity to me. While going so heavy at RB so early can hurt me at other positions, there are just so many more quality WRs week-in and week-out than there will be at RB. The only thing is that all of my RBs are young, and potentially in time-share situations. But Donald Brown who was the LAST one I selected I feel has the potential to outscore the 2nd and 3rd backs I took. He was simply too much to pass up at that point. Plus, the more starters selected at a position by me, the less available to the other 15 teams. There will be over 90 "starting" WRs in the NFL this season. Only probably 35-40 RBs.

There are still quite a few WRs that I think have a shot at some good numbers out there, but not too many RBs.

Last edited by a moderator:
4.11 Romo 5

8.11 Flynn 11

1.06 McCoy 7

5.06 Stewart 6

10.11 Ryan Williams 10

2.11 Nicks 11

3.06 Marshall 6

7.06 Blackmon 6

11.06 Stephen Hill 9

6.11 Keller 9

9.06 Fleener 4

QB: 4.09 Philip Rivers QB9 SDC (7)

QB: 15.08 Brandon Weedon QB 33 CLE (10)

RB: 2.09 Trent Richardson RB9 CLE (10)

RB: 5.08 Roy Helu RB24 WAS (10)

RB: 6.09 Mark Ingram RB29 NOS (6)

RB: 8.09 Donald Brown RB38 IND (4)

WR: 3.08 Dez Bryant WR16 DAL (5)

WR: 7.08 Darrius Heyward-Bey WR37 OAK (5)

WR: 9.08 Nate Washington WR48 TEN (11)

WR: 10.09 Davone Bess WR 59 MIA (7)

WR: 11.08 David Nelson WR63 BUF (8)

TE: 1.08 Rob Gronkowski TE2 NEP (9)

TE: 12.09 Dallas Clark TE27 TBB (5)

PK: 14.09 Jason Hanson PK8 DET (5)

DEF: 13.08 New England Patiots DEF19 (9)

And I FINALLY take my 2nd QB in round 15. Come on Weedon! Show me that Heckert/Holmgren know what they are doing. :)

This isn't where I brag about how awesome my picks are.

This where I try to figure out WTF I picked..........

6.05 reaper - Carson Palmer QB18 OAK5

7.12 reaper - Ryan Fitzpatrick QB22 BUF8

1.12 reaper - Maurice Jones-Drew RB5 JAX6

3.12 reaper - Darren Sproles RB15 NOS 6

8.05 reaper - Jahvid Best RB36 DET5

11.12 reaper - Toby Gerhart RB48 MIN11

4.05 reaper - Miles Austin WR18 DAL5

5.12 reaper - Demaryius Thomas WR27 DEN7

9.12 reaper - Austin Collie WR51 IND4

10.05 reaper - Randall Cobb WR57 GBP10

12.05 reaper - Jacoby Ford WR66 OAK5

2.05 reaper - Antonio Gates TE4 SDC7

14.05 reaper - Lance Kendricks TE29 STL9

13.12 reaper - Miami Dolphins DEF21 MIA7

15.12 reaper - Carolina Panthers DEF CAR246

super quick comment reaper....with Gates pretty fragile (almost when not if he misses a game here or there or a stretch of games)...I would have naybe tride to back him up a little sooner with someone a little stronger....I know the prevailing thought is that Kendricks "has" to get better....but if Gates does go down for any period of time, you could be in a world of hurt if Kendricks really doesn't improve and has a similiar season as last year...you should probably snag another TE or two before we are done....two cents

super quick comment reaper....with Gates pretty fragile (almost when not if he misses a game here or there or a stretch of games)...I would have naybe tride to back him up a little sooner with someone a little stronger....I know the prevailing thought is that Kendricks "has" to get better....but if Gates does go down for any period of time, you could be in a world of hurt if Kendricks really doesn't improve and has a similiar season as last year...you should probably snag another TE or two before we are done....two cents
I think the majority of people here are in a world of hurt with TE2.That said, supposedly Gates is healthier than he's been in a few years - With the WR switches going on and a fire under Rivers butt, I'm expecting a come-back year for Gates.... TE7 was a career low point last year, WITH the nagging injuries, since his rookie year.

Not a big fan of Jahvid Best but, In this format I really need him to stay unconcussed for 6 weeks or so....

I think the majority of people here are in a world of hurt with TE2.That said, supposedly Gates is healthier than he's been in a few years - With the WR switches going on and a fire under Rivers butt, I'm expecting a come-back year for Gates.... TE7 was a career low point last year, WITH the nagging injuries, since his rookie year.
and just fyi Sproles, Gerhart, and Collie were your one pick before me snipe city....really couldn't believe Sproles was lasting that long....good lucketa: and my comment about your TE2 was really just that Gates seems a little more fragile than the other TE's that were taken that high, so had I myself pulled the trigger on him that early, I may have tried to back him up a little sooner than if I had taken one of the other elite guys.....agreed TE2 is a usually a question mark for most.....

WR: 17.08 Mohammed Massaquoi WR82 CLE (10)

PK: 18.09 Greg Zeurline PK STL (9)

DEF: 16.09 Cleveland DEF26 (10)

Update with WR taken in round 17. Massaquoi I hope does better with a better QB in there. Back in 2009 with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson throwing him the ball, he actually had a decent year. I hope with the upgrade from Colt McCoy to Weedon's arm, he can show something.

QB:

P.Manning 7

J.Locker 11

R.Tannehill 7

RB:

R.Matthews 7

W.McGahee 7

D.Carter 4

B.Jacobs 9

WR:

V.Cruz 11

B.LLoyd 9

G.Little 10

T.Young 5

N.Burleson 5

TE:

B.Pettigrew 5

J.Casey 8

PK:

M.Bryant 7

B.Walsh 11

TD:

GreenBay 10

New York Jets 9

Updated with Bye Weeks - Lucky number 7 could be a rough one!

QB: P.Manning 7J.Locker 11R.Tannehill 7 RB: R.Matthews 7W.McGahee 7D.Carter 4B.Jacobs 9WR:V.Cruz 11B.LLoyd 9G.Little 10T.Young 5N.Burleson 5TE:B.Pettigrew 5J.Casey 8PK:M.Bryant 7B.Walsh 11TD:GreenBay 10New York Jets 9Updated with Bye Weeks - Lucky number 7 could be a rough one!
Yeah, it'll be a bit rough for ya. You'd better hope Locker is the starter by Week 7 or you get 0 at QB. And your top two RBs mean you better hope Carter and Jacobs blow up or you're getting little at that position, too. Otherwise, your other positions look strong, so maybe they will make up for that...?

QB: C Newton (6), M Sanchez (9)

RB: J Charles (7), S Greene (9), L Blount (5), A Green (10)

WR: R White (7), R Wayne (4), L Moore (6), R Moss (9), P Burress (?), E Doucet (10)

TE: T Gonzalez (7), M Lewis (6)

K: S Janikowski (6), P Dawson (10)

DEF: RAVENS (8), RAIDERS (6)

I kinda screwed myself early by taking three top picks with a week 7 bye week, but I would like to think I mitigated it somewhat with later picks. Not a Sanchez fan, but I think Newton + Sanchez isn't a bad combo. My RBs have a bit of promise, but there are a lot of IFs. Will Charles bounce back? Will the Jets stick to "ground and pound" and use Greene more this year, as they have promised? Will Blount quit fumbling and hold off the rookie? Will Green continue to show promise and take the starting job from Starks?

My WRs are... eh. I think people have written Wayne off already with a rookie QB and a relatively weak offense. But I think Luck and Wayne will do fairly well, and the rookie will lean on the veteran like many do in their first few years. Moore could be solid; can't go wrong being the #2 in NO. Moss could be a bust again, or a nice find. Who knows what we'll get out of him...? I would like to think he'll be a very motivated Randy Moss, at least for this year. I was happy to get Burress late; some team will sign him and he will produce. I'm not stressing his lack of signing yet - it's May. Doucet was a pleasant surprise last year. I think he could work out nicely as a #3 if he holds off Roberts, which I think he will.

Two TEs, two K, and two DST. I can live with them...

Balance of comments to follow but feel free to fire away

QB

1.03 QB1 - Rodgers - (10)

9.03 QB2 - Matt Cassel (7)

RB

3.03 RB1 - Lynch (11)

4.14 RB2 - Turner (7)

15.03 RB3 - Mendenhall (4)

17.03 RB4 - McCluster (7)

WR

2.14 WR1 - Wallace (4)

5.03 WR2 - Steve Johnson (8)

6.14 WR3 - Crabtree (9)

7.03 WR4 - A Boldin (8)

16.14 WR5 - Breaston (7)

18.14 WR6 - Hester (6)

TE

8.14 TE1 - Olsen (6)

12.14 TE2 - Bennett (11)

15.03 TE3 - Fasano (7)

K

10.14 K1 - Gostkowski (9)

11.03 K2 - Crosby (10)

Def Sp/Tm

9.03 Def1 - Pittsburgh (4)

Balance of comments to follow but feel free to fire awayQB1.03 QB1 - Rodgers - (10)9.03 QB2 - Matt Cassel (7)RB3.03 RB1 - Lynch (11)4.14 RB2 - Turner (7)15.03 RB3 - Mendenhall (4)17.03 RB4 - McCluster (7)WR2.14 WR1 - Wallace (4)5.03 WR2 - Steve Johnson (8)6.14 WR3 - Crabtree (9)7.03 WR4 - A Boldin (8)16.14 WR5 - Breaston (7)18.14 WR6 - Hester (6)TE8.14 TE1 - Olsen (6)12.14 TE2 - Bennett (11)15.03 TE3 - Fasano (7)K10.14 K1 - Gostkowski (9)11.03 K2 - Crosby (10)Def Sp/Tm9.03 Def1 - Pittsburgh (4)
I really like how your team turned out. You turned out good at TE for waiting. Turner and Lynch were huge value picks. I'm not a fan of your WRs (probably based on group think) but could easy see being wrong as they have great potential.

If I recall correctly a few years ago as a newbie to these, in one of the leagues I took two QB’s in the first 4 or 5 rounds and was given the ol thanks for joining the Mock Drafts welcome. Think I took McNabb as the second guy. Have no idea where I finished but pretty sure it wasn’t first. Those that have been in these with the Ref this year probably noticed a pretty common theme that included 3 parts.

1. QB in first round.

2. Screw RB’s.

3. Aaron Hernandez will be on my team.

Need to preface some of this by saying I hated my draft spot in this draft. I know you can win from any draft spot, but for some reason (and it may only be a one year thing) the ends of these drafts didn’t really seem like the place you wanted to be. Picks really seemed to be forced/dictated. I think it is a combination of a couple things. First and foremost, the quality of drafters in these leagues. Very, very, little will ever “fall” to you. Very few gifts. So like in my case with taking Hernandez in the second, it was pretty much dictated that I had to take him there if I wanted him, he wasn’t coming back. Second, to me is a combination of 3 things that are all kind of tied together: 2 PPR for TE, the NFL is a passing league, and the overall general suckiness and uncertainty at the RB position this year pretty much across the board after the top 3 guys.

Might have possibly broken my own record this year by taking Stafford in the 1st and Vick in the 3rd , although I think BNB mentioned he may have done it once. Here is what happened: had Sproles, made it to me in the 3rd, he was my pick and none of this #### would have ever happened. But this was just one of the many times that reaper ###### me. I didn’t LOVE anything else that was left so I said #### it. I decided to kind of play a combination of maxing out a score at a position and screw your neighbor. While one of my top three picks will not score for me each week, they ain’t gonna score for anybody else either. Saw some of the guys without a QB in the 3rd, knew some of them were probably targeting Vick (cause he should bounce back in a big way) and decided I didn’t really want to see them add him to their roster that was already loaded with some great players at RB/WR and which I had none of. Screwing the RB position was already in play for me, so this was really just a matter of passing on a WR. Think in one league earlier, I was the last to draft a RB and then the first to have 4 or something, so that was pretty much going to be the way I rolled this year. Vick and his ability for monster games is the only QB I would have done this with. Playing best ball with Stafford/Vick should keep me in the top 5 at that position each week, and having both of them on my team keeps maybe at least one other guy OUT of the top 5 at that position each week. Does that make sense…?.... #### if I know…but it sounds good to me and that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

On to my team in my next post:

Stinkin Ref:

13th slot.

Pre-draft thoughts: Hated my draft spot, QB first, TE second, screw RB, and with only 18 roster spots I really wanted to maximize my options of having as many players possible available each week, so really watched bye weeks and while not wanting to let it really dictate who I drafted I will say I factored it in a little more this draft than most. In addition, that part of the strategy became magnified when I took Vick in the third. Losing a quality player at another position with that pick meant I needed to maybe have as many options each week at those positions as possible. Not only did I hate my draft spot, I hated the pace of the draft and lack of commentary, not even sure why I am doing this write up, we sucked donkey balls. SSL2 ##### slapped us on commentary and all the leagues dominated us on pace. But who gives a #### we were like a bunch of honey badgers enjoying the train ride even though we knew we were going to crash.

1.13 Mathew Stafford QB5 DET (5)

3.13 Michael Vick QB6 PHI (7)

No bye week issues. Not much to say here that I haven’t already covered. This pair has to help give me some point differential at this position from about 12 other teams each week.

6.04 BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB26 CIN (8)

7.13 Peyton Hillis RB33 KCC (7)

8.04 Stevan Ridley RB35 NEP (9)

12.4 Mike Goodson RB50 OAK (5)

No bye week issues. Think I have BJGE on every team in these survivor leagues. Not high octane but should produce every week. Hillis could produce low end RB1 on a consistent basis with the potential to have some monster 2 TD type games, and if Ridley is indeed the man I could have production of like 2.5 starters here. Goodson should get plenty of touches. Was surprised to see Ridley keep falling and he wasn’t the direction I was going to go with that pick, but seemed like I couldn’t pass him up. With not taking a RB until round 6 I’m ok with this group because I think most of us will be scrambling for RB points this year. Goodson will get touches regardless, but could be gold when DMC goes down. He really should have gone earlier to Comet somewhere.

4.04 Vincent Jackson WR17 TBB (5)

5.13 Eric Decker WR28 DEN (7)

9.13 Brandon LaFell WR52 CAR (6)

10.4 Mario Manningham WR56 SFF (9)

11.13 James Jones WR64 GBP (10)

17.13 Kevin Walter WR85 HOU (8)

No bye week issues here which is money at WR in an 18 man roster league. I am honestly luke warm on VJ but I think he will be ok. I will be targeting Decker in most every draft this fall. I’m buying LaFell’s potential this year. Was planning on taking Collie in the 9th and then LaFell in the 10th but Reaper screwed that plan. Looking back now that I have had time to think about it, I think I like LaFell/Manningham combo better than Collie/LaFell combo.…so it may have been a good thing. Love Jones as a 5th in this format as he can have those big games and his late bye week (10) means I get 9 straight weeks of having him available. Knew I could get Walter late as he has been going undrafted in some leagues. His bye week was perfect and I may be on an island and I know there is some buzz about some of the other kids in camp, but when it gets teed up for real in September I think Walter is on the field a ton and hangs on to the WR2 spot opposite AJ. Who knows what happens at WR in SF and that isn’t necessarily the place you want to go shopping for WR points but hopefully they brought him in for a reason and he makes some plays. Every week I have 5 scores to choose from and all but 6 weeks I’ll have 6.

2.04 Aaron Hernandez TE3 NEP (9)

15.13 Dennis Pitta TE BAL (8)

It’s not that I have a ton of man love for Hernandez, I just think he will produce the most points at the position behind Graham and Gronk. He gets a huge amount of targets and receptions no matter who else is out there. More of a WR than a TE, which is a bonus in this format. Kind of happy to get Pitta so late, he may actually out produce Dickson this year.

14.4 Garrett Hartley PK5 NOS (6)

16.04 Connor Barth PK20 TBB (5)

Took a gamble on Hartley but hoping it is one that kind of pushes me over the top. There were safer options when I took him, but he could be huge and I might need that to win it. Kasay was resigned but indications are that may be just to be a “camp leg”. I think Hartley wins the job and I could actually see Kasay kicking elsewhere in the league this year. Looked up Barth’s stats and he was pretty impressive last year, didn’t realize that. Could have an edge here with a dome guy and a nice weather guy both playing in a high scoring division.

13.13 Kansas City DEF21 KC (7)

17.13 Tampa Bay DST (5)

Meh…KC could be tough and some have TB rated higher than where I was able to get them.

Overall: hated my draft as it was unfolding, still not crazy about it but we’ll see. Changed things up a little, let’s see if keeping Vick off of another team helps pay dividends. None of the positions jump out at you, except for maybe QB, and I don’t have those studs that can carry you week in week out at a position outside of QB, so this will be a team effort if there is any success. Decker, Ridley, LaFell could make or break me.

Good luck.

:banned:

Stinkin Ref:13th slot. Pre-draft thoughts: Hated my draft spot, QB first, TE second, screw RB, and with only 18 roster spots I really wanted to maximize my options of having as many players possible available each week, so really watched bye weeks and while not wanting to let it really dictate who I drafted I will say I factored it in a little more this draft than most. In addition, that part of the strategy became magnified when I took Vick in the third. Losing a quality player at another position with that pick meant I needed to maybe have as many options each week at those positions as possible. Not only did I hate my draft spot, I hated the pace of the draft and lack of commentary, not even sure why I am doing this write up, we sucked donkey balls. SSL2 ##### slapped us on commentary and all the leagues dominated us on pace. But who gives a #### we were like a bunch of honey badgers enjoying the train ride even though we knew we were going to crash. 1.13 Mathew Stafford QB5 DET (5)3.13 Michael Vick QB6 PHI (7)No bye week issues. Not much to say here that I haven’t already covered. This pair has to help give me some point differential at this position from about 12 other teams each week.6.04 BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB26 CIN (8)7.13 Peyton Hillis RB33 KCC (7)8.04 Stevan Ridley RB35 NEP (9)12.4 Mike Goodson RB50 OAK (5)No bye week issues. Think I have BJGE on every team in these survivor leagues. Not high octane but should produce every week. Hillis could produce low end RB1 on a consistent basis with the potential to have some monster 2 TD type games, and if Ridley is indeed the man I could have production of like 2.5 starters here. Goodson should get plenty of touches. Was surprised to see Ridley keep falling and he wasn’t the direction I was going to go with that pick, but seemed like I couldn’t pass him up. With not taking a RB until round 6 I’m ok with this group because I think most of us will be scrambling for RB points this year. Goodson will get touches regardless, but could be gold when DMC goes down. He really should have gone earlier to Comet somewhere. 4.04 Vincent Jackson WR17 TBB (5)5.13 Eric Decker WR28 DEN (7)9.13 Brandon LaFell WR52 CAR (6)10.4 Mario Manningham WR56 SFF (9)11.13 James Jones WR64 GBP (10)17.13 Kevin Walter WR85 HOU (8)No bye week issues here which is money at WR in an 18 man roster league. I am honestly luke warm on VJ but I think he will be ok. I will be targeting Decker in most every draft this fall. I’m buying LaFell’s potential this year. Was planning on taking Collie in the 9th and then LaFell in the 10th but Reaper screwed that plan. Looking back now that I have had time to think about it, I think I like LaFell/Manningham combo better than Collie/LaFell combo.…so it may have been a good thing. Love Jones as a 5th in this format as he can have those big games and his late bye week (10) means I get 9 straight weeks of having him available. Knew I could get Walter late as he has been going undrafted in some leagues. His bye week was perfect and I may be on an island and I know there is some buzz about some of the other kids in camp, but when it gets teed up for real in September I think Walter is on the field a ton and hangs on to the WR2 spot opposite AJ. Who knows what happens at WR in SF and that isn’t necessarily the place you want to go shopping for WR points but hopefully they brought him in for a reason and he makes some plays. Every week I have 5 scores to choose from and all but 6 weeks I’ll have 6.2.04 Aaron Hernandez TE3 NEP (9)15.13 Dennis Pitta TE BAL (8) It’s not that I have a ton of man love for Hernandez, I just think he will produce the most points at the position behind Graham and Gronk. He gets a huge amount of targets and receptions no matter who else is out there. More of a WR than a TE, which is a bonus in this format. Kind of happy to get Pitta so late, he may actually out produce Dickson this year. 14.4 Garrett Hartley PK5 NOS (6)16.04 Connor Barth PK20 TBB (5)Took a gamble on Hartley but hoping it is one that kind of pushes me over the top. There were safer options when I took him, but he could be huge and I might need that to win it. Kasay was resigned but indications are that may be just to be a “camp leg”. I think Hartley wins the job and I could actually see Kasay kicking elsewhere in the league this year. Looked up Barth’s stats and he was pretty impressive last year, didn’t realize that. Could have an edge here with a dome guy and a nice weather guy both playing in a high scoring division. 13.13 Kansas City DEF21 KC (7)17.13 Tampa Bay DST (5)Meh…KC could be tough and some have TB rated higher than where I was able to get them.Overall: hated my draft as it was unfolding, still not crazy about it but we’ll see. Changed things up a little, let’s see if keeping Vick off of another team helps pay dividends. None of the positions jump out at you, except for maybe QB, and I don’t have those studs that can carry you week in week out at a position outside of QB, so this will be a team effort if there is any success. Decker, Ridley, LaFell could make or break me.Good luck. :banned:
Had a long reply together last nite and then closed the tab by mistake.QB - Best in the league by a long shot. I would venture to guess that you beat ten teams by ten points ten weeks this year. I'm not a fan of Stafford in the first when guys like Rivers, Vick, Big Ben are falling to the 3rd/4th. That said, Vick is probably the only guy in the league that could add more then 20 pts plus bye week production to your team. A+RB - I kind of like what you did here. Two guys that should get you some pts each week and a potential bb stud in Ridley. I'm not sold on Goodson. What happened to Reece or Tiawan who were all the rage before? Loved his skills in Carolina other than the fumbles. Maybe Oakland is more forgiving in that respect. Grade D+WR - For spending so little capital I think you did really well again. VJax was made for bb. Decker is a strong WR2. Manningham and Jones will have their big weeks. Not sold on Lafel. He doesn't get enough separation to be anything special. That said, he'll be on the field this year. Really like Walter late. I think you got a great mix of big week guys and solid contributors. Grade B-TE - Overall a great pair. I can see some weeks that neither hit between all the weapons in NE and Dickson. I really like Pitta in the 15th but he'll probably only post scores when he gets in the endzone. Grade B+ D - I like both of your defenses given where you got them Grade CK - Assuming Harley is the guy Grade A-. If not your looking at something in the D range.Overall I think your team will be a very tough out. If things break right at RB you could be one of the favorites. You'll have time to sort that out with your QBs posting 30+ point weeks.

If I recall correctly a few years ago as a newbie to these, in one of the leagues I took two QB’s in the first 4 or 5 rounds and was given the ol thanks for joining the Mock Drafts welcome. Think I took McNabb as the second guy. Have no idea where I finished but pretty sure it wasn’t first. Those that have been in these with the Ref this year probably noticed a pretty common theme that included 3 parts.1. QB in first round.2. Screw RB’s.3. Aaron Hernandez will be on my team.Need to preface some of this by saying I hated my draft spot in this draft. I know you can win from any draft spot, but for some reason (and it may only be a one year thing) the ends of these drafts didn’t really seem like the place you wanted to be. Picks really seemed to be forced/dictated. I think it is a combination of a couple things. First and foremost, the quality of drafters in these leagues. Very, very, little will ever “fall” to you. Very few gifts. So like in my case with taking Hernandez in the second, it was pretty much dictated that I had to take him there if I wanted him, he wasn’t coming back. Second, to me is a combination of 3 things that are all kind of tied together: 2 PPR for TE, the NFL is a passing league, and the overall general suckiness and uncertainty at the RB position this year pretty much across the board after the top 3 guys.Might have possibly broken my own record this year by taking Stafford in the 1st and Vick in the 3rd , although I think BNB mentioned he may have done it once. Here is what happened: had Sproles, made it to me in the 3rd, he was my pick and none of this #### would have ever happened. But this was just one of the many times that reaper ###### me. I didn’t LOVE anything else that was left so I said #### it. I decided to kind of play a combination of maxing out a score at a position and screw your neighbor. While one of my top three picks will not score for me each week, they ain’t gonna score for anybody else either. Saw some of the guys without a QB in the 3rd, knew some of them were probably targeting Vick (cause he should bounce back in a big way) and decided I didn’t really want to see them add him to their roster that was already loaded with some great players at RB/WR and which I had none of. Screwing the RB position was already in play for me, so this was really just a matter of passing on a WR. Think in one league earlier, I was the last to draft a RB and then the first to have 4 or something, so that was pretty much going to be the way I rolled this year. Vick and his ability for monster games is the only QB I would have done this with. Playing best ball with Stafford/Vick should keep me in the top 5 at that position each week, and having both of them on my team keeps maybe at least one other guy OUT of the top 5 at that position each week. Does that make sense…?.... #### if I know…but it sounds good to me and that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. On to my team in my next post:
I did this last year and won a title. When I looked back at my team it's funny how similair they are. I went Rodgers in the first and P. manning in the 3rd. Manning never posted a point but Rodgers carried the load. I also took a TE (Gates) in the 2nd but backed him up with Hernadez in the 6th - 8th. Gates was a bust based on where I took him, buy paired well with Hernadez. My RBs were RBush, Gerhart, DWilly, and 2 others (Harrison and Rodgers) that didn't help me. They didn't do much early and came on strong late...I see similiar if not better potential from your stable. My WRs also include Walter although I paired him with Hou Jones. Maclin, Floyd, Nelson, and Moore were all boom/bust guys like yours who outproduced their draft position. I had some close calls finishing 2nd or 3rd to last four times before mashing the pedal the last fours weeks with the best final 2 and 4 week totals of any team in all of the leagues.Many ways to skin this cat in this format. As I stated in the prior post, your team will definately be a tough out and has outstanding potential to be a home run.

If I recall correctly a few years ago as a newbie to these, in one of the leagues I took two QB’s in the first 4 or 5 rounds and was given the ol thanks for joining the Mock Drafts welcome. Think I took McNabb as the second guy. Have no idea where I finished but pretty sure it wasn’t first. Those that have been in these with the Ref this year probably noticed a pretty common theme that included 3 parts.1. QB in first round.2. Screw RB’s.3. Aaron Hernandez will be on my team.Need to preface some of this by saying I hated my draft spot in this draft. I know you can win from any draft spot, but for some reason (and it may only be a one year thing) the ends of these drafts didn’t really seem like the place you wanted to be. Picks really seemed to be forced/dictated. I think it is a combination of a couple things. First and foremost, the quality of drafters in these leagues. Very, very, little will ever “fall” to you. Very few gifts. So like in my case with taking Hernandez in the second, it was pretty much dictated that I had to take him there if I wanted him, he wasn’t coming back. Second, to me is a combination of 3 things that are all kind of tied together: 2 PPR for TE, the NFL is a passing league, and the overall general suckiness and uncertainty at the RB position this year pretty much across the board after the top 3 guys.Might have possibly broken my own record this year by taking Stafford in the 1st and Vick in the 3rd , although I think BNB mentioned he may have done it once. Here is what happened: had Sproles, made it to me in the 3rd, he was my pick and none of this #### would have ever happened. But this was just one of the many times that reaper ###### me. I didn’t LOVE anything else that was left so I said #### it. I decided to kind of play a combination of maxing out a score at a position and screw your neighbor. While one of my top three picks will not score for me each week, they ain’t gonna score for anybody else either. Saw some of the guys without a QB in the 3rd, knew some of them were probably targeting Vick (cause he should bounce back in a big way) and decided I didn’t really want to see them add him to their roster that was already loaded with some great players at RB/WR and which I had none of. Screwing the RB position was already in play for me, so this was really just a matter of passing on a WR. Think in one league earlier, I was the last to draft a RB and then the first to have 4 or something, so that was pretty much going to be the way I rolled this year. Vick and his ability for monster games is the only QB I would have done this with. Playing best ball with Stafford/Vick should keep me in the top 5 at that position each week, and having both of them on my team keeps maybe at least one other guy OUT of the top 5 at that position each week. Does that make sense…?.... #### if I know…but it sounds good to me and that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. On to my team in my next post:
I did this last year and won a title. When I looked back at my team it's funny how similair they are. I went Rodgers in the first and P. manning in the 3rd. Manning never posted a point but Rodgers carried the load. I also took a TE (Gates) in the 2nd but backed him up with Hernadez in the 6th - 8th. Gates was a bust based on where I took him, buy paired well with Hernadez. My RBs were RBush, Gerhart, DWilly, and 2 others (Harrison and Rodgers) that didn't help me. They didn't do much early and came on strong late...I see similiar if not better potential from your stable. My WRs also include Walter although I paired him with Hou Jones. Maclin, Floyd, Nelson, and Moore were all boom/bust guys like yours who outproduced their draft position. I had some close calls finishing 2nd or 3rd to last four times before mashing the pedal the last fours weeks with the best final 2 and 4 week totals of any team in all of the leagues.Many ways to skin this cat in this format. As I stated in the prior post, your team will definately be a tough out and has outstanding potential to be a home run.
Well you guy did a re-draft move in a best ball format. And in the case of Bass winning last year, the peyton pcik certainly didnt help, it was all Rodgers. I have found you need extreme depth, or big time studs to win in this format ( usually 3 stud type players)

If I recall correctly a few years ago as a newbie to these, in one of the leagues I took two QB’s in the first 4 or 5 rounds and was given the ol thanks for joining the Mock Drafts welcome. Think I took McNabb as the second guy. Have no idea where I finished but pretty sure it wasn’t first. Those that have been in these with the Ref this year probably noticed a pretty common theme that included 3 parts.

1. QB in first round.

2. Screw RB’s.

Need to preface some of this by saying I hated my draft spot in this draft. I know you can win from any draft spot, but for some reason (and it may only be a one year thing) the ends of these drafts didn’t really seem like the place you wanted to be. Picks really seemed to be forced/dictated. I think it is a combination of a couple things. First and foremost, the quality of drafters in these leagues. Very, very, little will ever “fall” to you. Very few gifts. So like in my case with taking Hernandez in the second, it was pretty much dictated that I had to take him there if I wanted him, he wasn’t coming back. Second, to me is a combination of 3 things that are all kind of tied together: 2 PPR for TE, the NFL is a passing league, and the overall general suckiness and uncertainty at the RB position this year pretty much across the board after the top 3 guys.

Might have possibly broken my own record this year by taking Stafford in the 1st and Vick in the 3rd , although I think BNB mentioned he may have done it once. Here is what happened: had Sproles, made it to me in the 3rd, he was my pick and none of this #### would have ever happened. But this was just one of the many times that reaper ###### me. I didn’t LOVE anything else that was left so I said #### it. I decided to kind of play a combination of maxing out a score at a position and screw your neighbor. While one of my top three picks will not score for me each week, they ain’t gonna score for anybody else either. Saw some of the guys without a QB in the 3rd, knew some of them were probably targeting Vick (cause he should bounce back in a big way) and decided I didn’t really want to see them add him to their roster that was already loaded with some great players at RB/WR and which I had none of. Screwing the RB position was already in play for me, so this was really just a matter of passing on a WR. Think in one league earlier, I was the last to draft a RB and then the first to have 4 or something, so that was pretty much going to be the way I rolled this year. Vick and his ability for monster games is the only QB I would have done this with. Playing best ball with Stafford/Vick should keep me in the top 5 at that position each week, and having both of them on my team keeps maybe at least one other guy OUT of the top 5 at that position each week. Does that make sense…?.... #### if I know…but it sounds good to me and that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Well you guy did a re-draft move in a best ball format. And in the case of Bass winning last year, the peyton pcik certainly didnt help, it was all Rodgers. I have found you need extreme depth, or big time studs to win in this format ( usually 3 stud type players)
not exactly sure what that means....no way would I do this in redraft weekly head to head type of situation...in fact this is about the only type of format I would think about doing it so I couldn't disagree with you more....best ball is about the only time you would want to do this....non best ball you would be trying to decide between these two each week and it would be a nightmare....in redraft/non best ball you just take one of these guys and play them every week.....

1. QB in first round.

2. Screw RB’s.

not exactly sure what that means....no way would I do this in redraft weekly head to head type of situation...in fact this is about the only type of format I would think about doing it so I couldn't disagree with you more....best ball is about the only time you would want to do this....non best ball you would be trying to decide between these two each week and it would be a nightmare....in redraft/non best ball you just take one of these guys and play them every week.....
some leagues guys horde top tier QBs and look to trade them. Ive seen it done.

Feel free to Mock Me... :)

I may regret waiting on QB2 so long if Weedon does not get the starting job quickly, but I am actually confident that as long as he is the starter, he should do well. Bonus points as Browns play the Colts in week 7 when Rivers is on bye, so not too tough of a defense, hopefully.

Lots of young guys, but 3 of the 4 are potentially starters. Richardson I look to be a stud from day 1. I just hope that his rookie season does not end up like my 3rd guy here, or I will be out quickly. Speaking of Ingram, I hope that with the coach out, they lean on the running game a bit more. Ingram did not do too badly, but he just needs to get healthy. Helu will have his big games, as long as Shannahan lets him. Brown I see actually as a GREAT pickup as late as I got him.

WR: 17.08 Mohammed Massaquoi WR82 CLE (10)

Another position where I hate my youth. I do not like Bryant, but he should have his big games. Heyward-Bey closed out the year on a STRONG note. I actually like Washington to have another good season - Britt is banged up, and the rookie has been rumored to be brought along slowly. Bess should be a lock for 70+ catches in MIA, so getting him that late was ridiculous value. Nelson had a pretty good year, and you can't teach his height in the red zone. Massaquoi was a late gamble, but I hope with the upgrade at QB he can become viable again.

Did not want to spend my 1st rounder on Gronk, as I know he cannot match last season, most likely. Still, this makes my position strong, as long as he is in there. I don't expect much out of Clark, but figured I would take a gamble.

PK: 18.09 Greg Zeurline PK STL (9)

I am VERY happy with my kickers. Detroit should score a BUNCH of points this season, and Zeurline is one of my favorite rookie kickers this season. When a team drops a kicker as good as Josh Brown for a rookie, you know that they think highly of him.

DEF: 16.09 Cleveland DEF26 (10)

Defense is rather meh. I am hoping for some low-scoring slugfests in the AFC-North for some CLE points. The Pats defense I actually like this season, with the talent they added in the draft.

1. QB in first round.

2. Screw RB’s.

some leagues guys horde top tier QBs and look to trade them. Ive seen it done.
okaaaaaaaaayyyy....but thats obviously not what is happening here....no "hording" (only 2) and no trading involved...it would actually make more sense to say it the other way around....that the guys in redraft are pulling a best ball survivor move......taking two top guys in this format is not really an issue...it may be a little deviation from the "norm" but all things considered possibly an acceptable strategy, especially if one guy goes down and the other keeps you in it, let alone the chance of potentially having another top 5 score should one of your guys who "should" put up a top 5 score lay an egg.....

PREKICKOFF ANALYSIS

QB:

P.Manning 7

J.Locker 11

R.Tannehill 7

Workable, and 3 scoring options is a good thing. Manning has big upside.

RB:

R.Matthews 7

W.McGahee 7

D.Carter 4

B.Jacobs 9

Matthews injury is tough. If I can live til he returns, I'll be better here, but not all world. Carter looks liek a bust.

WR:

V.Cruz 11

B.LLoyd 9

G.Little 10

T.Young 5

N.Burleson 5

Like the top 2. ready for the Salsa Kid to do his thing tonight! WR3 committee is solid.

TE:

B.Pettigrew 5

J.Casey 8

Go Lions!

PK:

M.Bryant 7

B.Walsh 11

TD:

GreenBay 10

New York Jets 9

Utility slots are good.

Hurdle 1 is survive Matthews until Matthews returns. Hurdle 2 is week 7. If I get past hurdle 1, I think I have a solid chance to go deep.

Users who are viewing this thread