What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (5 Viewers)

so a bit of second hand smoke is worth 10 games, wife beating is worth 6 games, and child endangerment is probably nothing.

Lesson here is that it is better to beat your wife and kids to blow off a little steam, than to hang with the fellas who may be smoking a bit o'weed.

Can you guys afford to stash him for 9 more weeks?
Absolutely. Why not?

All my leagues have 6 bench spots, and other than a bye week for my QB, I never carry a backup QB. I don't carry a backup TE, K or backup DST. My K and DST will hit the waiver wire when their bye weeks come up. I can afford to drop a Latimer, Austin, Crowell, etc., to keep Gordon all year.

So what happens if he goes to court in october and is convicted of a DUI. Would it be 10 games suspend, BYE week & 2 for the DUI? Does it look like you can start him 3 games IF you make the playoffs (for those with playoffs weeks 14, 15, 16)? Will the two game suspension for first time offenders be changed under the new rules as well? Also, all of these reporters have mentioned just about every number between 0 and 16 for number of game suspensions. It seems like these nerds are just rolling their polyhedral dice and calling it news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't your end of the bench guys so that by say, week 10 some backup becomes an instant starter and possible upside as you finish the season and head into the playoffs?

If I may (Clevelander here FWIW):

The next story Mary Kay Cabot breaks will be her first - widely regarded throughout Cleveland media as a nincompoop. Frozen out by the team on real news, I believe she is a propaganda machine used by the Browns to do their bidding. The Browns news I get from her is almost always via other sources not named Mary Kay. Doesn't mean she's wrong though, to be fair.

If its 10 games and I am Gordon I sue and get a temporary injunction. The Hail Mary. Believe he can hit the field if judge agrees.

Ps:

If someone can name these 4 apparent violations, thatd be great

3 has been the number by ALL media and ALL personalities up to now.

Magically it's 4 today

Thanks
This is from the 7/9/13 RW & CPD:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Josh Gordon is already in Stage 3 of the NFL's drug program and is now one failed drug test away from a one-year suspension.
Gordon's February failed drug test for codeine was his "second strike," suggesting he either failed another drug test before that, or entered the NFL already in the league's drug program. The codeine test vaulted Gordon into Stage 3. As Browns beat reporter Mary Kay Cabot writes, "One more failed test and Gordon's storybook NFL career could be in serious jeopardy." Players suspended for one year under the substance policy can apply for reinstatement after the year is up. For now, Gordon is only suspended for Weeks 1 and 2.
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/8282/josh-gordon

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/06/cleveland_browns_wr_josh_gordo_1.html

I don't have the knowledge on this stuff that others here have. Does Stage 3 mean there were 3 violations by that point?

I wonder if "hmmm.....interesting" is his reaction to immediate reinstatement as Jay Feely assured us unequivocally....You know on account of he's the best source yet and all.

As a Gordon owner either way this has a been the most fun fking ride ive been on in a while...

Its been a pleasure boys....hold on tight.

Regarding the DUI, was his first offense for another DUI (I honestly don't know). If not the way I read the report was that the first DUI didn't bring a suspension, just entrance into a program.

Regardless, Gordon can easily delay the DUI date if he decides to. Living in NC, I know a few people who received DUIs years ago that still haven't been resolved.

As for the suspension, if 10 games is the number, that's a tough one. The only leagues I own him in are two dynasty leagues (where I'll keep him for sure) and I a two person keeper, where I have a feeling it will be a battle to make the playoffs. He's a 9th round keeper next year though, so it makes my decision to keep him a little easier. If it was a straight redraft and I was in a battle to make the playoffs, I'd probably sell him now.

He went undrafted in my 10 team shark league. I picked him up on waivers and will look to trade him to someone else to hold onto and wait for his late season return.

I have Calvin and D. Thomas as my 1-2, so I'm leveraging Gordon for a better RB.

I wish it had been more games, but someone will bite :thanks:

Users who are viewing this thread