What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (7 Viewers)

+2

I think his career is over.  Hope I'm wrong.
He might get another shot next year - I have serious doubts that a team would bring him in this year, so close to his rehab stint, after essentially quitting on the team that gave him a thousand chances and stood by him for so long.  

Not to mention he's suspended indefinitely, and hasn't actually officially received discipline for his admission that he violated his NFL parole by drinking. 

So yeah - at least for 2017 I'm not feeling it. I saw this topic bumped and was shocked that there could possibly be news other than, "yep, still suspended". lol 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
He might get another shot next year - I have serious doubts that a team would bring him in this year, so close to his rehab stint, after essentially quitting on the team that gave him a thousand chances and stood by him for so long.  

Not to mention he's suspended indefinitely, and hasn't actually officially received discipline for his admission that he violated his NFL parole by drinking. 

So yeah - at least for 2017 I'm not feeling it. I saw this topic bumped and was shocked that there could possibly be news other than, "yep, still suspended". lol 
My bump tells you all you need to know about my receiving corps.  :yucky:

Any news or thoughts on his prospects for 2017?
I think his prospects include recovering from alcohol addiction. I mean football really needs to take a back seat. He's fighting for his life. Hope he realizes this. Anything anyone puts in front of their recovery, they will lose.

Pulling for him in real life but not optimistic about him playing football again.

I drafted him in the second round of the rookie draft his rookie year. Really not expensive so I just keep him on the bench. Really don't have a positive or negative reaction to him. If he makes it that will be great. If he falls again I'll probably hold him til he's 28-29 or permanently banned. It's his life not mine.

I think it moved.  No risk, fully incentive the deal and Hoodie will cut him at first glimmer of trouble. 
Perhaps the idea of walking into a winning system with strong leadership in the lockerroom is exactly what Gordon would need to regain credibility in the NFL. One clean moss-like season of video-game numbers in New England with a strong chance of a superbowl appearance, and he'd be right back in the driver seat for another big payday with any number of NFL teams. 

Last edited by a moderator:
One clean moss-like season of video-game numbers in New England with a strong chance of a superbowl appearance, and he'd be right back in the driver seat for another big payday with any number of NFL teams. 
Disagree. Think he'll have to show he can stay clean a few full seasons, if he's even reinstated, before anyone will give him more than a one year contract. He certainly won't be in line for guaranteed cash any time soon.

Disagree. Think he'll have to show he can stay clean a few full seasons, if he's even reinstated, before anyone will give him more than a one year contract. He certainly won't be in line for guaranteed cash any time soon.
You and I watch different versions of the NFL 

Let's say he is reinstated....where does he end up?

I thought Philly but they just went shopping...I say SF where Shanagins tries to find his next Julio. Why not....what does that organization have to lose?

According to ESPN's Dan Graziano, Josh Gordon is expected to hear back from the league about his reinstatement application by late April or early May.
Gordon applied for reinstatement on March 1 and should learn his fate around the same time as the NFL Draft. Substance abuse issues have kept Gordon off the field since 2014. Browns coach Hue Jackson has washed his hands of Gordon, making it unlikely he'll be back with Cleveland even if he's reinstated. Gordon turns 26 in April.

Source: Dan Graziano on Twitter

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports "it’s doubtful" the Browns give suspended WR Josh Gordon another chance.
It falls in line with coach Hue Jackson's stance on Gordon. The Browns are expected to shop Gordon if he gets reinstated, but could ultimately release him. Gordon’s status should be known before OTAs.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer 
Mar 25 - 8:54 PM

Users who are viewing this thread