Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Matt Waldman

Josh Gordon Everything Thread

4 minutes ago, OU#1 said:

I think the theory is he had all preseason to condition, he's been with the team during the suspension, and he went for 80/TD in preseason with starters on the field for both teams.  So shape shouldn't be an issue?

Again--my theory is that he failed another drug test--and that was just a side thought.  However--isn't it the case that while you are on suspension--you don't get to work out with the team or even work out in the facilities? I might be wrong--but if he let himself go in the off season--then got some working out in during camp to where he had a moment or two in the preseason--but then had 4 weeks on his own again--I wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't disciplined enough to stay in shape or get in better shape.    It's also quite possible that not only did he relapse on drugs--but he also didn't stay in shape. It's not like this secondary theory couldn't be in addition to him failing a drug test.  

4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I recall none of those at all - I believe you may be confusing him with Kelvin Benjamin. 

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/josh-gordon-needs-to-lose-some-weight-as-he-inches-closer-to-return-080816

1 minute ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

Again--my theory is that he failed another drug test--and that was just a side thought.  However--isn't it the case that while you are on suspension--you don't get to work out with the team or even work out in the facilities? I might be wrong--but if he let himself go in the off season--then got some working out in during camp to where he had a moment or two in the preseason--but then had 4 weeks on his own again--I wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't disciplined enough to stay in shape or get in better shape.    It's also quite possible that not only did he relapse on drugs--but he also didn't stay in shape. It's not like this secondary theory couldn't be in addition to him failing a drug test.  

He was allowed with the team and at the facilities.

Just now, jvdesigns2002 said:

300lb right tackle Josh Gordon would have a better chance of playing again, than failed/skipped another drug test Josh Gordon.

• Like 1

Just now, wadegarrett said:

He was allowed with the team and at the facilities.

Not to change the subject..but then why can't Tom Brady practice with the team?  I read that while he is on suspension he's not even allowed to talk football with any personnel?  Are there different rules for different types of suspensions?

28 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

My guess is that he failed another test and is proactively doing this. 

However--there is maybe another possibility:

It's possible that maybe he got lazy and didn't do any conditioning during his 4 week suspension and figures it's better for him to get healthy and to buy himself more time to be in ideal shape than it is for him to come back and look like a slob that did nothing but party during the off season.  If he came back looking fat and slow--with no history of rehab--his career would definitely be over.  This might keep his chances of coming back to the NFL slim. 

This is the kind of reasoning that keeps wives in abusive relationships. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

I wasn't stating your theory, I was stating the counter theory that he's not out of shape.  Hence giving some reasoning into why your "out of shape" possibility doesn't really have much weight.

• Like 1

Just now, OU#1 said:

I wasn't stating your theory, I was stating the counter theory that he's not out of shape.  Hence giving some reasoning into why your "out of shape" possibility doesn't really have much weight.

Understood and agreed.  

3 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

That was August 8th, long before he came out and looked phenomenal in the preseason. 

Time happens. 

9 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

Not to change the subject..but then why can't Tom Brady practice with the team?  I read that while he is on suspension he's not even allowed to talk football with any personnel?  Are there different rules for different types of suspensions?

Gordon was allowed at the facility. He was not allowed to practice.

• Like 1

Is it possible for him to play on Sundays and then goto rehab after maybe like Mon-Sat? 

Just trying to give him less scheduling conflicts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ghostguy123 said:

Yep, I wish I owned Pryor right now, and I would SELL SELL SELL. He might be the most overvalued player in fantasy circles at this time

not sure exactly what hes valued at but it should be pretty damn high.  dont see how he doesnt average 5+ catches a game here on out and then throw in some running and passing bonii.  hes easily a top 15 wr going forward.

1 minute ago, cvnpoka said:

not sure exactly what hes valued at but it should be pretty damn high.  dont see how he doesnt average 5+ catches a game here on out and then throw in some running and passing bonii.  hes easily a top 15 wr going forward.

I'll take that bet.

I don't think CLE has a top 15 anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

C'mon Soulfly--let's be real here.  It's not like Gordon is some great dude with drugs being his only issue.  This dude dodged a paternity test for a year until a judge put a warrant out for his arrest a few weeks ago.  He was out there for a year partying with Manziel while a young woman was wondering if the potential father of her child would play a part of that child's life.  The guy doesn't want help--if he wanted it--he would have gotten it in the offseason, or during the 4 week suspension that he was serving---he wouldn't do it now.  Sorry for the rant--it's just frustrating to see how easily people are willing to let themselves fail.  

As a sidenote:  There are two different types of paternity tests--one is a swab test--and the other a blood test. I'm just wondering if maybe his paternity test exposed some sort of drugs in his system.  I want to make clear that this is nothing more than just pure speculation on my part.  

posts like this make me question the future of the human race.  

12 minutes ago, MaxThreshold said:

What does this mean? :bag:

SMH = slow motion handshake

its a thing. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, OU#1 said:

Loving the optimistic speculation in this thread.  Can't wait to get the facts so we know what to do with this guy.

We are all in denial....he blazed it up and failed his first test back...

uhh, thats wat pretty much everyone in this thread is saying.

23 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

Here is the link to the NFLPA substance abuse policy.  It talks about it on page 21 for when players are allowed access to the facilities.  

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Player Development/2015 Policy and Program on Substances of Abuse.pdf

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cvnpoka said:

posts like this make me question the future of the human race.  

Yes--I'm obviously a terrible human being.  That's why I design and donate merchandise to local charities on average of 3-4 times a month (literally almost once a week) -including children's cancer centers, programs that provide wheelchairs to disabled people that cannot afford them, and philharmonic societies that use the items for silent auctions to raise money for schools to maintain their music programs.  Regardless of how terrible I am--can we stick to keeping this thread about Gordon? 

Edited by jvdesigns2002

1 hour ago, chad in Indy said:

Not sure. I don't know if anybody has access to him if he is checked in. Was looking for anybody who maybe could provide clarification 

Well to enter a rehab he will be tested. Whether the NFL has access depends on if he consents to let the NFL see those results. 

As a human being I have some empathy for Josh Gordon and hope he gets help for whatever issues lead him to self medicate to the extent that it jeopordizes his NFL career.

As a citizen I think the NFL's policy on marijuana use, and federal and most state laws, are immoral and irresponsible, particularly given the medical information we have and the manner in which the league and the medical community overprescribe pain killers and opiates.

As a FF player I'm glad I got over my late summer desire to own Gordon in any leagues or the subscriber contest.

As a Leveon Bell owner its a nervous reminder that he is one slip up away from a long suspension.

As a Terrelle Pryor owner it makes me a little excited to see what he can do the rest of this season.  Some are saying sell, sell, sell, which I can understand if you are getting a great return.  But his value is still so fluid right now that I'm glad I didnt move him like I tried to a week ago and there is a lot of upside here that I'm happy to have on my roster right now.

• Like 3

So...is the shark move to pick up Corey Coleman now even though it might be a few more weeks?  He becomes the #1 when he comes back, right?

17 minutes ago, squistion said:

:lol: 

Yeah, sorry.  I don't spend 24/7 on Twitter like you do.  I actually have a job, responsibility and a family.  You know what that is, right?  A job?  Responsibility?  Family?

At least on your tombstone they can put "Knew all the latest Internet terms".  I guess you'll have that.

Edited by MaxThreshold
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

Yes--I'm obviously a terrible human being.  That's why I design and donate merchandise to local charities on average of 3-4 times a month (literally almost once a week) -including children's cancer centers, programs that provide wheelchairs to disabled people that cannot afford them, and philharmonic societies that use the items for silent auctions to raise money for schools to maintain their music programs.  Regardless of how terrible I am--can we stick to keeping this thread about Gordon? 

Do you also provide Sensitivity Training?  I think you might be good at it. ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaxThreshold said:

Yeah, sorry.  I don't spend 24/7 on Twitter like you do.  I actually have a job, responsibility and a family.  You know what that is, right?  A job?  Responsibility?  Family?

You keep showing your age despite your claim that you are this 40ish guy which no one believes.

1 minute ago, squistion said:

You keep showing your age despite your claim that you are this 40ish guy which no one believes.

WTF are you talking about?  Are you ######ed?  I think you are.

11 minutes ago, massraider said:

Do you also provide Sensitivity Training?  I think you might be good at it. ?

Nope.  I just prefer to not be labeled as a terrible human being for having an opinion about a football player in a forum that is specifically designed for people to post their opinions on football players.  I certainly don't agree with a lot of your football opinions but that still doesn't give me the right to make personal attacks on you.  The other poster doesn't know me--you don't know me--so let's keep baseless and blind personal attacks out of things.  I've stated my opinion on Josh Gordon in this thread--and the only thing I should have to defend is my opinion of him. I have no desire to- nor should I be in a position to have to defend myself against personal attacks from people that have no idea who I am.  I also have no desire to derail this thread.  Let's just agree to keep things about Josh Gordon. 

Edited by jvdesigns2002

2 hours ago, spider321 said:

500% chance this check-in is because he failed another test, or knew he would fail another test. 

you never know with these things

Just now, Max Power said:

you never know with these things

You may not know, but I know, and you can bet Goodell knows too.

• Like 1

Just now, spider321 said:

You may not know, but I know, and you can bet Goodell knows too.

so its confirmed he failed another drug test?

5 minutes ago, MaxThreshold said:

WTF are you talking about?  Are you ######ed?  I think you are.

No I am not a clueless senior trying to pass himself off as a 40 year old.

40 minutes ago, cvnpoka said:

this is exactly why I wish I had him. 

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

E = mc 2, the sun will rise in the East, and Gordon failed a test, skipped a test, or is doing this to try to avoid a test.

...but you may refer to this knowledge as sorcery.

Just now, squistion said:

No I am not a clueless senior trying to pass himself off as a 40 year old.

You think that because I didn't know what "smh" meant that makes me some addled senior citizen?   :lmao:

You're a riot.  You've certainly moved on to tin hat level crazy.  I guess you need to learn to take better notes in that notebook you use to track everyone in these forums.

40 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

SMH = slow motion handshake

its a thing. 

I learned about this in the FFA Wooing thread: SMH = So Many Hugs

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MaxThreshold said:

So...is the shark move to pick up Corey Coleman now even though it might be a few more weeks?  He becomes the #1 when he comes back, right?

This guy gets it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nugget said:

I learned about this in the FFA Wooing thread: SMH = So Many Hugs

I guess since you didn't know it it makes you at 70+ years old according to Squistion.

4 minutes ago, MaxThreshold said:

You think that because I didn't know what "smh" meant that makes me some addled senior citizen?   :lmao:

You're a riot.  You've certainly moved on to tin hat level crazy.  I guess you need to learn to take better notes in that notebook you use to track everyone in these forums.

Dude, we all get old eventually if we are lucky, but one shouldn't try to pretend otherwise in the age of the internet. It didn't even occur to you to Google smh, for if you had:

https://www.google.com/search?rls=aso&client=gmail&q=smh

Urban Dictionary: smh

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=smh
Urban Dictionary

Acronym for 'shake my head' or 'shaking my head.' Usually used when someone finds something so stupid, no words can do it justice. Sometimes it's modified to ...

What does SMH mean? - SMH Definition - Meaning of SMH ...

www.internetslang.com/SMH-meaning-definition.asp
The slang word / acronym / abbreviation SMH. ... The definition of SMH is "Shaking My Head" ... SMH is an acronym, abbreviation or slang word that is explained above where the SMH definition is given.

13 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I haven't seen it in the Twitter, but check Albert Breer.

Had an interesting tweet that Gordon battled insecurity and self esteem issues, and was self medicating.  

I don't really wanna pick on a guy with emotional issues, so I'll just say I don't think Gordon is worthy of a roster spot and leave it there.

But no, I haven't seen confirmation of failed test.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, massraider said:

I haven't seen it in the Twitter, but check Albert Breer.

Had an interesting tweet that Gordon battled insecurity and self esteem issues, and was self medicating.  

I don't really wanna pick on a guy with emotional issues, so I'll just say I don't think Gordon is worthy of a roster spot and leave it there.

But no, I haven't seen confirmation of failed test.

Self admitting is a sign of maturity and self awareness.  I hope that is the case with him. 

On 9/28/2016 at 11:27 AM, Soulfly3 said:

I'm starting him this week.  

19 minutes ago, squistion said:

Dude, we all get old eventually if we are lucky, but one shouldn't try to pretend otherwise in the age of the internet. It didn't even occur to you to Google smh, for if you had:

I'm not sure what your deal is but this doesn't make any sense.  Are you really accusing me of lying about my age?  Seriously?  The relevant question should really be HOW OLD ARE YOU?  Because this is quite childish. 

It's obvious you think copying and pasting tweets of others and knowing ALL of the internet slang is some kind of achievement that makes you better than everyone else, but I can tell you without a doubt that the only thing that comes across is how shallow you are.  In the end, none of that #### matters.  I hope you grow up realize that one day.  Good luck.

And, on a more serious note, you really need to stop with the note taking on all the posters.  That's just iCreeper level stuff.

Can we get back to the discussion of Josh Gordon now?  TIA.

Edited by MaxThreshold

50 minutes ago, MaxThreshold said:

The shark move was trading for Coleman two weeks ago, if you had Josh Gordon. 

1 minute ago, Gandalf said:

The shark move was trading for Coleman two weeks ago, if you had Josh Gordon. 

Well the good news is I picked Coleman back up. :thumbup: