What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Anarchy League 1 (2 Viewers)

'David Yudkin said:
Overall, maybe it's me thinking some of the guys you drafted will be less productive than you see them, but IMO you've drafted better teams in the past. I think you have managed to not draft a single player without a bunch of question marks. AJ, Gates, and Daniels with health issues. Gore, Thomas, DWill, Sanders, Holmes with questions on how well they will do or in situations that have chaned a fair amount. All in all, that makes it hard to have a good sense of how your team will do.
Thanks for the feedback. I really thought I drafted a better team...but I agree with alot of you comments. Maybe I haven't been following things as closely this year and have been resting on the success hangover of last year.

'Stinkin Ref said:
tire kickin....without looking at how the whole draft played out… QB - KCQB 14.1, MiamiQB, 15.16Word is that KC will run the ball a ton. They might, but they will need to throw and when they do, they have a solid group of WR’s, a pretty athletic TE, and some guys out of the backfield who can catch and then also get some YAC. I expect a pretty balanced offense out of KC. Good Oline. I would expect KC to finish around TMQB20 or so. Have no idea what to expect out of MIA. Bess and Hartline aren’t really getting much love in these drafts and people seem to actually like 85 better. This could be a train wreck of a passing game in a division with some decent defenses. Think you’ll be losing ground at this position.RB - Gore 5.16, Tate 7.16, Williams 8.1, Jones 9.16I’ve been avoiding Gore, yeah I’m one of those guys. Lots of other guys there that may steal some touches. Gore is a pretty damn good football player and if he can stay in the lineup, you could be ok. WR’s there should keep the defense honest. I love Tate. One of the few guys that can put up RB2 type numbers no matter what. And he becomes huge if Foster goes down. Tate is one of the few back up RB’s that deserves to be taken pretty high and a case could be made that he deserves to go before some RB1’s on some teams. You love you some Dwilly. I am avoiding that backfield cause as I have said before, CAR might have the most talent of any backfield in the game, it’s just not a good fantasy backfield (outside of Newton). I think at one time or another they all get theirs. No real comment on Felix at this time, if things work out he is a solid RB4. WR - AJ 2.1, Thomas 4.1, Holmes 6.1, Sanders 12.1, Tate 18.1Solid group here even though I am not high on Holmes. You called Holmes a safe pick, I kind of look at it the other way. I think he has become a risky pick. Name recognition seems to keep him up there, but not sure his game will justify it. Sanders is a guy that I have been targeting in almost every survivor and Anarchy but I could never seem to get. Keep hearing that PIT will be running some hurry up and that they may feature the passing game. With or without Wallace, I think Sanders surprises people and has a pretty big year. Love that pick. Not sure what is going on in SEA so not sure about Tate. Obviously AJ and Thomas are a solid pair at the top although Thomas's achilles tightened up on him . Would like to see if there would have been a more intriguing option than Holmes with the first pick of the 6th. TE - Gate 1.16, Daniels 3.16, Dressen 16.1Going with 3 here might have liked to see it be a little stronger. Gates has been on my do not draft list for several years now so that sours me on this group. Reports are he is “healthier than ever”. Yeah right. Is Daniels gonna be the guy we used to know or he is kinda just fading away? Well everybody says this is a run first team and they are, but they lost Winston and they will throw some. Daniels better have a pretty big resurgence to justify being a third/early 4th rounder, IMO. I live in CO so it’s Broncos 24/7 here, people are really high on Dressen (more of a red zone guy than anything). In the 16th I guess he has as good a chance as anybody to outscore whatever RB or WR you would have taken there. I reffed him in high school, so kinda pulling for him. K - Gostkowski 11.16, Bryant 13.16D - Philly 10.1, Carolina 17.16 Love your kickers and DST ain’t bad. Overall: Think this team is really relying on a healthy Gates, AJ, Gore, and even Thomas which is kinda scary if you think about it. And also kinda of hoping for a Foster injury. I think you have enough to keep you in the middle of the pack and if you hit on those guys staying healthy and Foster gets dinged you could move your way up the leaderboard. I know you wait on QB, but this team could have used a little more upside there.
Some thoughts about your comments...1. Daniels - 14th TE off the board. Next two were Olsen and Keller. They went in the 4th round in this draft (both available several rounds latter in league 7 :confused: ) so I had to pull the trigger at that spot. So out of those three, who do you take? I try to avoid Panthers as not to jinx them and have Keller in several other leagues and don't feel great about him. Do you like Daniels/Holmes better than Harvin/Moeaki?2. Holmes - Next off the board were Heyward-Bay, Moore, Rice. Do you like any of those guys better? I thought Moore would have lasted.

'Stinkin Ref said:
tire kickin....without looking at how the whole draft played out… QB - KCQB 14.1, MiamiQB, 15.16Word is that KC will run the ball a ton. They might, but they will need to throw and when they do, they have a solid group of WR’s, a pretty athletic TE, and some guys out of the backfield who can catch and then also get some YAC. I expect a pretty balanced offense out of KC. Good Oline. I would expect KC to finish around TMQB20 or so. Have no idea what to expect out of MIA. Bess and Hartline aren’t really getting much love in these drafts and people seem to actually like 85 better. This could be a train wreck of a passing game in a division with some decent defenses. Think you’ll be losing ground at this position.RB - Gore 5.16, Tate 7.16, Williams 8.1, Jones 9.16I’ve been avoiding Gore, yeah I’m one of those guys. Lots of other guys there that may steal some touches. Gore is a pretty damn good football player and if he can stay in the lineup, you could be ok. WR’s there should keep the defense honest. I love Tate. One of the few guys that can put up RB2 type numbers no matter what. And he becomes huge if Foster goes down. Tate is one of the few back up RB’s that deserves to be taken pretty high and a case could be made that he deserves to go before some RB1’s on some teams. You love you some Dwilly. I am avoiding that backfield cause as I have said before, CAR might have the most talent of any backfield in the game, it’s just not a good fantasy backfield (outside of Newton). I think at one time or another they all get theirs. No real comment on Felix at this time, if things work out he is a solid RB4. WR - AJ 2.1, Thomas 4.1, Holmes 6.1, Sanders 12.1, Tate 18.1Solid group here even though I am not high on Holmes. You called Holmes a safe pick, I kind of look at it the other way. I think he has become a risky pick. Name recognition seems to keep him up there, but not sure his game will justify it. Sanders is a guy that I have been targeting in almost every survivor and Anarchy but I could never seem to get. Keep hearing that PIT will be running some hurry up and that they may feature the passing game. With or without Wallace, I think Sanders surprises people and has a pretty big year. Love that pick. Not sure what is going on in SEA so not sure about Tate. Obviously AJ and Thomas are a solid pair at the top although Thomas's achilles tightened up on him . Would like to see if there would have been a more intriguing option than Holmes with the first pick of the 6th. TE - Gate 1.16, Daniels 3.16, Dressen 16.1Going with 3 here might have liked to see it be a little stronger. Gates has been on my do not draft list for several years now so that sours me on this group. Reports are he is “healthier than ever”. Yeah right. Is Daniels gonna be the guy we used to know or he is kinda just fading away? Well everybody says this is a run first team and they are, but they lost Winston and they will throw some. Daniels better have a pretty big resurgence to justify being a third/early 4th rounder, IMO. I live in CO so it’s Broncos 24/7 here, people are really high on Dressen (more of a red zone guy than anything). In the 16th I guess he has as good a chance as anybody to outscore whatever RB or WR you would have taken there. I reffed him in high school, so kinda pulling for him. K - Gostkowski 11.16, Bryant 13.16D - Philly 10.1, Carolina 17.16 Love your kickers and DST ain’t bad. Overall: Think this team is really relying on a healthy Gates, AJ, Gore, and even Thomas which is kinda scary if you think about it. And also kinda of hoping for a Foster injury. I think you have enough to keep you in the middle of the pack and if you hit on those guys staying healthy and Foster gets dinged you could move your way up the leaderboard. I know you wait on QB, but this team could have used a little more upside there.
Some thoughts about your comments...1. Daniels - 14th TE off the board. Next two were Olsen and Keller. They went in the 4th round in this draft (both available several rounds latter in league 7 :confused: ) so I had to pull the trigger at that spot. So out of those three, who do you take? I try to avoid Panthers as not to jinx them and have Keller in several other leagues and don't feel great about him. Do you like Daniels/Holmes better than Harvin/Moeaki?2. Holmes - Next off the board were Heyward-Bay, Moore, Rice. Do you like any of those guys better? I thought Moore would have lasted.
I personally liked Wayne way better than Holmes (he was the next WR right after you took Santonio). I also would have taken Olsen, Keller, and Cook over Daniels (those guys were spaced out over the next round). IMO, Daniels and Holmes were some combination of question mark picks or lower upside picks that you ended up taking too soon rather than too late. You took Holmes the earliest out of the 7 leagues. You took Daniels 2nd earliest out of all the leagues. I know some of that is hard to predict as the other leagues drafted after this one, but even I was curious about those picks at the time. IMO, Holmes may go down as having only one 1,000 yard season and mostly a disappointment over his career.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally liked Wayne way better than Holmes (he was the next WR right after you took Santonio). I also would have taken Olsen, Keller, and Cook over Daniels (those guys were spaced out over the next round). IMO, Daniels and Holmes were some combination of question mark picks or lower upside picks that you ended up taking too soon rather than too late. You took Holmes the earliest out of the 7 leagues. You took Daniels 2nd earliest out of all the leagues. I know some of that is hard to predict as the other leagues drafted after this one, but even I was curious about those picks at the time. IMO, Holmes may go down as having only one 1,000 yard season and mostly a disappointment over his career.
Here's my thoughts on Daniels over Olsen/Keller/Cook as I went down the checklist.1. Highest scoring offense - Daniels2. Best lock for the playoffs - Daniels3. Dodds opinion; Daniels 193, Keller 201, Olsen 173, Cook 180 - Keller with Daniels edging ahead due to playoffs. Henry and Wood agree with Dodds and Muarile has Daniels at 250 pts. In the case of a draw, I'll defer to this firepower.Holmes v. WayneMaybe a bad decision in hindsight. Assuming a toss up, Wayne is six years older and has no shot at the playoffs. The Jets might get in. Burress is gone.I think my problem might be that I weight playoff expectations to heavily.

Here's my thoughts on Daniels over Olsen/Keller/Cook as I went down the checklist.1. Highest scoring offense - Daniels2. Best lock for the playoffs - Daniels3. Dodds opinion; Daniels 193, Keller 201, Olsen 173, Cook 180 - Keller with Daniels edging ahead due to playoffs. Henry and Wood agree with Dodds and Muarile has Daniels at 250 pts. In the case of a draw, I'll defer to this firepower.Holmes v. WayneMaybe a bad decision in hindsight. Assuming a toss up, Wayne is six years older and has no shot at the playoffs. The Jets might get in. Burress is gone.I think my problem might be that I weight playoff expectations to heavily.
Obviously we all end up having some sort of projection, notion, or opinion on all players. In my case, it's looking at recent history and at some projections, then assessing the situation and coming up with that assessment.As far as Daniels goes, he's ranked 15th, 26th, and 19th the past 3 years and will turn 30 during the season. He's clearly struggled with injuries, and as I see it, the Texand have migrated a little bit from a passing team to a defense and pound the ball team compared to a few years ago. Schaub is also coming off an injury, which in the early going may mean less passing production. I agree HOU should make the playoffs again, but I have a hard time thinking Daniels will play as big a role as he used to, may play fewer snaps, and may not be targeted as much.Keller, on the other hand, has ranked 13th, 13th, 3rd, and 11th. Your same logic for Holmes applies to Keller. With LT and Burress gone, there's more targets available. And Keller's regular season numbers across the board have gone up each season.Again, to each his own, but I see these situations differently than you do. I agree, though, that if Daniels stays healthy and the Texans go on a deep post season run he could reap big benefits. I'm just not sure what % chance that could happen.

Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC TMQB

Texans, Houston HOU TMQB

Pretty blah pair of QBs for me. I really like Hou as they should be in the playoffs and if A. Johnson stays heathy their passing attack is pretty scary. Jack is maybe the worst TMQB in the league and was drafted as such.

Hunter, Kendall SFO RB

Ingram, Mark NOS RB (P)

Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB

Wells, Beanie ARI RB (Q)

I'm happy with my group of RBs. Getting MJD at the end of rd. 2 was a pleasant surprise.... Unless he holds out. I don't think he will though. I really like Ingram in this format and in general. NO is still a playoff caliber team and I think he will score a decent amount of TDs in that offense. Wells is still a starter but could end up in a RBBC this year with Williams. Given his inability to stay healthy I think that would actually help in this type of league as he could play through the season. Hunter was just a rollout the dice. Gore could be spelled and Hunter seems capable enough to produce in that offense.

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

Cruz, Victor NYG WR

Johnson, Calvin DET WR

Meachem, Robert SDC WR

Randle, Rueben NYG WR

Robinson, Laurent JAC WR

The strength of my team is here at WR. Having the unanimous #1 WR in fantasy helps start it off. Calvin should be in line for another monster year and if Det improves he could also see a few extra games. Cruz is a PPR machine and NYG are also serious playoff contenders. Bowe is one of my favorite players this year as I think KC is playoff bound and in store for a huge rebound. I drafted 3 guys capable of WR1 numbers in those guys and if my team is successful it will be because of them. After that, I tried to simply target guys I felt were WR1 on their team and would therefor see targets. I believe that is whati got with both Meachem and Robinson. Randle I hope takes the WR3 spot in NYG.

Bennett, Martellus NYG TE

Scheffler, Tony DET TE

My TEs are weak for a league set up like this one. I'm hoping/neededing my strength at WR to overcome this. If either of these guys surprise and produce strong numbers I my have a chance to win it. I think Bennett could be such a guy but he's disappointed throughout his career thus far.

Janikowski, Sebastian OAK PK

Nugent, Mike CIN PK

Not much to say about kickers. Jano is a great K because of his long range. I'm hoping Cincinnati makes the playoffs again to get extra points out of Nugent.

Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def

Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC Def

As I said earlier, I think KC has elite ability on D and will be regarded as one of the best in the NFL at some point this year. They have talent at all 3 levels and playmakers as well. I'm picking them to win their division and play extra games based on the strength of this unit. So, I had to draft them. Jack is better than many realize but because their offense is so bad it's still tough to get excited about them.

Heading into the playoffs, teams within 200 points of the leader . . .

League 1

STINKIN' REF 3117.32

Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB

Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB

Vinatieri, Adam IND PK

Bengals, Cincinnati CIN DEF

HEAR-THE-FOOTSTEPS 2994.32

Colts, Indianapolis IND TMQB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Boldin, Anquan BAL WR

Wayne, Reggie IND WR

Welker, Wes NEP WR

Carlson, John MIN TE

Walsh, Blair MIN PK

Broncos, Denver DEN DEF

DICKEY MOE 2970.56

49ers, San Francisco SFO TMQB

Packers, Green Bay GBP TMQB

Crabtree, Michael SFO WR

Green, A.J. CIN WR

49ers, San Francisco SFO DEF

UNLUCKY BASS TURDS 2937.94

Patriots, New England NEP TMQB

Royster, Evan WAS RB

Decker, Eric DEN WR

Jones, Julio ATL WR

Moss, Randy SFO WR

Moss, Santana WAS WR

Cooley, Chris WAS TE

Texans, Houston HOU DEF

AARON RUDNICKI 2932.70

Ravens, Baltimore BAL TMQB

Redskins, Washington WAS TMQB

Foster, Arian HOU RB

Green-Ellis, BenJarvus CIN RB

Pierce, Bernard BAL RB

White, Roddy ATL WR

Miller, Zach SEA TE

Hauscha, Steven SEA PK

Seahawks, Seattle SEA DEF

BASSNBREW 2932.40

Gore, Frank SFO RB

Tate, Ben HOU RB

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Tate, Golden SEA WR

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Daneils, Owen HOU TE

Dreeson, Joel DEN WR

Bryant, Matt ATL PK

Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK

The wonders of the Anarchy Leagues. Stinkin' Ref is in the lead but won't have a lot of playoff points on the horizon. He may be an underdog here.

Despite my relatively few remaining eligible players on my roster, I'm shooting for a 49er Super Bowl run to take this thing. BRING IT!

Even better: a 49ers/Bengals SB. BRING IT HARDER!

The wonders of the Anarchy Leagues. Stinkin' Ref is in the lead but won't have a lot of playoff points on the horizon. He may an underdog here.
with Bears TMQB and Marshall on board....da Bears not getting in hurts.....this could be an epic free fall down the ranks...

Resetting after WC weekend . . .

STINKIN' REF 3140.32

Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB

Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB

HEAR-THE-FOOTSTEPS 3067.94

Boldin, Anquan BAL WR

Welker, Wes NEP WR

Broncos, Denver DEN DEF

AARON RUDNICKI 3047.28

Ravens, Baltimore BAL TMQB

Foster, Arian HOU RB

Pierce, Bernard BAL RB

White, Roddy ATL WR

Miller, Zach SEA TE

Hauscha, Steven SEA PK

Seahawks, Seattle SEA DEF

DICKEY MOE 3001.32

49ers, San Francisco SFO TMQB

Packers, Green Bay GBP TMQB

Crabtree, Michael SFO WR

49ers, San Francisco SFO DEF

BASSNBREW 2976.90

Gore, Frank SFO RB

Tate, Ben HOU RB

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Tate, Golden SEA WR

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Daneils, Owen HOU TE

Dreeson, Joel DEN WR

Bryant, Matt ATL PK

Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK

UNLUCKY BASS TURDS 2966.24

Patriots, New England NEP TMQB

Decker, Eric DEN WR

Jones, Julio ATL WR

Moss, Randy SFO WR

Texans, Houston HOU DEF

A-Rud starting to make his move. BNB has some horses but may be too far behind and has no QB left. DM needs the Niners to get to the SB. This could go down to the wire . . .

A-Rud starting to make his move. BNB has some horses but may be too far behind and has no QB left. DM needs the Niners to get to the SB. This could go down to the wire . . .
AARON RUDNICKI 3166.72Ravens TMQBBernard PierceRoddy WhiteSTINKIN REF 3157.82Jacquizz RodgersBASSNBREW 3119.80Frank GoreMatt BryantStephen GostkowskiHEAR-THE-FOOTSTEPS 3117.14Anquan BoldinWes WelkerDICKIE MOE 3113.3249ers TMQBMichael Crabtree49ers DEF

AARON RUDNICKI 3166.72Ravens TMQBBernard PierceRoddy WhiteSTINKIN REF 3157.82Jacquizz RodgersBASSNBREW 3119.80Frank GoreMatt BryantStephen GostkowskiHEAR-THE-FOOTSTEPS 3117.14Anquan BoldinWes WelkerDICKIE MOE 3113.3249ers TMQBMichael Crabtree49ers DEF
Congrats Aarron. You should hit 3200 at a min. Ref's upside is 3180, mine the same, HTFS 3200 (but if he hits this you score much higher than 3200). IF SF makes the SB then DM will approach 3200.

AARON RUDNICKI 3218.52Baltimore Ravens BAL TMQBBernard Pierce BAL RB HEAR-THE-FOOTSTEPS 3165.84Anquan Boldin BAL WRSTINKIN REF 3161.32None BASSNBREW 3153.80Frank Gore SFO RB DICKIE MOE 3147.44San Francisco 49ers SFO TMQBMichael Crabtree SFO WRSan Francisco 49ers SFO DEF

AARON RUDNICKI 3218.52Baltimore Ravens BAL TMQBBernard Pierce BAL RB HEAR-THE-FOOTSTEPS 3165.84Anquan Boldin BAL WRSTINKIN REF 3161.32None BASSNBREW 3153.80Frank Gore SFO RB DICKIE MOE 3147.44San Francisco 49ers SFO TMQBMichael Crabtree SFO WRSan Francisco 49ers SFO DEF
should have had Peyton as my QB as he would have been a great representation of my team......great regular season and then.... :toilet:

should have had Peyton as my QB as he would have been a great representation of my team......great regular season and then.... :toilet:
Wow. Could go from first in the regular season to fifth after the playoffs. I wish my team could be ever be good enough to pull off something that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread