What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<< (5 Viewers)

Wow, I left to go eat dinner and kept up with the game from my phone. Shocked to see him picking up chunks of yardage like the old mcfadden. Did he look good, or was it just a result of defensive breakdowns. Certainly an encouraging sign, regardless.
He got most of his big gains that I saw on toss sweeps and outside runs, a lot of them against a stacked box with KC looking for the run. When he gets a little blocking and space he still looks like the same explosive DMac. But then on most of the Raiders' runs between the tackles he's usually gaining one or two yards after getting hit in the backfield or at the line. I think the Raiders' issues running the ball have a lot more to do with the blocking and playcalls than with McFadden, personally.He did drop a couple of passes that he should have caught, but the guy's still a beast.

As of tonight, he's at #13 in RB scoring in my league for the season. It's been ugly as hell, but somehow, he's one spot below being an RB1 in my leagues.

So, yay?! Sign of things to come hopefully. I too saw the tosses and sweeps were more effective. Now any coach that wants to keep his job should keep doing what works. Getting DMC outside the tackles WORKS!!!!! So hopefully we see more of that. Can't believe the Raiders are 3-4.

So, yay?! Sign of things to come hopefully. I too saw the tosses and sweeps were more effective. Now any coach that wants to keep his job should keep doing what works. Getting DMC outside the tackles WORKS!!!!! So hopefully we see more of that. Can't believe the Raiders are 3-4.
Let's hope the coach realizes it WORKS. DMC looked great on a couple of those sweeps/tosses. Finding holes with ease when he's not running up the middle.
Reverse jinx made him respectable... Nice going 2nd and 8
What are you doing? Why did you stop trolling the thread?
Almost had a td before victory formation, arm tackled lol. Ill take that stat line
Yep, encouraging.

Entertainment value of this thread alone is worth the 1st round pick I spent on him. I'm not sure I'd even trade him for a $5 Wade Boggs rookie card at this point.

Weekly scoring rank (PPR)

Wk1: #2

Wk2: #41

Wk3 #6

Wk4 #45

Wk6 #4

Wk7 #14

Wk8 #5

PPG Rank: #11

#19th RB in my standard league. Could be worse.

Big week coming from McFadden. I couldn't deal him.. have to ride the horse and gallop to the finish.

He's up to RB12 in my PPR league, so he's put up low-end RB1 numbers...even though it's been really ugly.

As of tonight, he's at #13 in RB scoring in my league for the season. It's been ugly as hell, but somehow, he's one spot below being an RB1 in my leagues.
He is RB19 in my standard scoring league. Still considered an underperformer, but I am encouraged by seeing a few of these big runs he is starting to pop off. Hopefully allen and knapp see what's working and use more and more of it to free him up in space as the season wears on. At this point if he finishes RB12 or better in standard scoring thats a huge win imo. Im not taking him out of my lineup. I have lived and died with him all season, not gonna stop that now.

Pulled him for MaGahee last week and am doing so again this week. My other starter is Ryan Mathews. I hate them both! But for now, I am rolling with Mathews and MaGahee.

Pulled him for MaGahee last week and am doing so again this week. My other starter is Ryan Mathews. I hate them both! But for now, I am rolling with Mathews and MaGahee.
You are one frustrated Raiders fan!
I'm quite positive after looking at ROS that DMC, McGahee and Mathews have the easiest schedules of all RBs for the remainder. With the match ups both McGahee and Mathews have weekly, it's probably been easier than you think to bench DMC. I'd call him a rational Raiders fan. :thumbup:

I've got the same three and also benched McFadden last week. FBG has Matthews and McFadden ranked a lot higher than McGahee this week, though, so I've got McFadden in so far...

I mean, he did have the biggest run this year vs. PIT. Also, TB has been absolutely lit up by violent runners this year. ALMO ran for 113 on 21 carries and a score, ADP ran for 123 on 15 carries and a score. This bodes well because both have been primarily run straight up the gut this year. Let's hope the OL blocking is decent today.

Now is not the time to sit DMC.

He is a guaranteed 25 touch a game RB1, plug him in every week from here forward.

The blocking, per usual, is atrocious. Each of his first three runs could've easily been 1-2 yard gainers but he made something out of nothing. It makes me wonder what could have been this year.

Sigmund Bloom @SigmundBloom

Gulp RT @agonzalezAP #Raiders RB Darren McFadden has left with a leg injury and is questionable to return, team says.

UPDATE:

Evan Silva @evansilva

#Raiders RB Darren McFadden doubtful to return with leg injury. In locker room for X-rays.

Will Carroll @injuryexpert

Looks like it could be mcfaddens left ankle. (Picture via RedZone) pic.twitter.com/jqPHa3Cb

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit. Looks like I picked the wrong week to drop Goodson to pick up D Williams in response to the trade rumors, thinking I could just reverse it this week if he didn't get traded.

Unfortunately that's the problem...because even though you know Oak can't block anyone, you also know that:

- Mcfadden is talented

- Oak plays Den, KC, Car in the playoffs

So you, me and everyone else is gonna be left hanging onto him for the next few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double-good since I can now start Goodson, who is a better fit for this scheme.
I'm with you brother!!! A guy in my league dropped Goodson today to pick up Ballard, but if I don't get him on waivers no big deal to me... I'll just start Spiller and D. Martin, which I wanted to do, but I kept starting McFadden. This injury will make it much easier to do! McFadden has been a bum this year although it has more to do with his OL than him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Goodsen do very well. He's better fit for their scheme.

Inserting a zone block scheme with McFadden would be like running a Princeton offense with Steve Nash at PG.

Users who are viewing this thread