What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<< (2 Viewers)

So I saw the questionable tag pop up on ESPN today. Rotoworld reporting he was limited in practice, but nothing else to report.

Anything to see here? Nothing I could find elsewhere, but I'm pretty much on 24/7 alert for DMC injury statuses.

So I saw the questionable tag pop up on ESPN today. Rotoworld reporting he was limited in practice, but nothing else to report. Anything to see here? Nothing I could find elsewhere, but I'm pretty much on 24/7 alert for DMC injury statuses.
Just picked up Goodson because you posted this.

some good new for McFadden

The NFL has upheld Broncos MLB Joe Mays' one-game suspension for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Matt Schaub.

Mays will miss this week's game against Oakland, which is welcome news for Darren McFadden. Wesley Woodyard and Keith Brooking, previously splitting time at weak-side linebacker could be stretched into three-down players along with Von Miller

Yeah, it's as if he gets injured/is on bye each week. But isn't. But just scores just like it, and kills my teams.

:ptts: I'm the guy who starts DMC in all my leagues every week.

With the exception of one or two guys, it's just not worth it to take RBs early anymore. Hell, I can grab a scrub off the waiver wire to get this level of "production" each week.

You guys playing in non-PPR?

He has two nice fantasy weeks so far in my scoring. The schedule ahead looks good too.

never drafting this guy again unless he falls like 2-3 rounds lower... raiders are as bad as they ever were. and I fell for it again. damn my eyes! :shock: :shock:

I swear, I think the more research you do the more you screw yourself. You buy into all the hype, eventually convince yourself, and go against your gut

The two bad games have sucked, but in my league he's still RB16 through four weeks. Granted, it's not what I hoped for when I drafted him, but as a boom/bust RB he's still not bad.

My big concern with him at this point is his complete lack of use in the passing game. After the first week, I was hoping he'd get a lot more opportunities in that area, but they seem more interested in using Marcel Reece or Mike Goodson in that role.

You guys playing in non-PPR?He has two nice fantasy weeks so far in my scoring. The schedule ahead looks good too.
Yep, in PPR week 1 and 3 were acceptable.
The only thing about week 1 though was that it appears to be a fluke. The team doesn't seem to have any interest in using him in the screen game anymore, unfortunately.My big hope is that they use the bye week to figure out a way to get him better involved in the games. Preferably by ditching the zone blocking scheme that is clearly not working for them.

You guys playing in non-PPR?He has two nice fantasy weeks so far in my scoring. The schedule ahead looks good too.
The only thing about week 1 though was that it appears to be a fluke. The team doesn't seem to have any interest in using him in the screen game anymore, unfortunately.My big hope is that they use the bye week to figure out a way to get him better involved in the games. Preferably by ditching the zone blocking scheme that is clearly not working for them.

bump

he doesn't seem to have the patience to thrive in a zone blocking scheme, but can't for the life of me figure why they don't let him chip block and release for dump off passes

after two years of owning this guy its time to move on. whether its his team or his chicken legs I just can't take it anymore. I will sell him in my league if possible. I will use this as an example to look more closely at a talented player s situation and especially if they are on the raiders cause they suck

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubt the Raiders ditch the zone blocking scheme. Seems like it would be tough to do week 5 of the season and the HC has been defending it all season. Too bad for us DMC owners. We are stuck with a dud.

Don't think he's going to finish as a top 5 RB even if he stays healthy, but I still think he's a top 12 RB for sure and a decent buy low target right now.

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2012/10/02/changes-coming/

Changes coming?

Comments(6)

|

|

Print

The Raiders have two days of practice during the bye week, and the coaches will look at everything, even the zone-blocking scheme in which Allen believes, but hasn’t worked.

Take away the 64-yard touchdown run in Week 3 against Pittsburgh and Darren McFadden has gained 137 yards on 56 carries (2.4 yards per carry).

“We’re not going to stick our head in the sand,” coach Dennis Allen said. “We’re going to evaluate everything and see what things we need to improve on and where we can get better, and there’s a lot of things that go into that.

“And we’re going to go from A to Z. We’ve got a lot of getting better to do, and that’s what we plan on doing.”

McFadden, always the team guy, isn’t about to start pointing fingers at the coaches or the offensive linemen.

“It’s one of those things where you just got to keep running,” McFadden said. “With the zone scheme, it’s going to hit here and there, but you just have to keep running. Stick with it and keep pounding the ball.”

The Raiders, seventh last year, are last in the league in rushing with 60.8 yards per game.

But that’s just one of a laundry list of problems:

^ The Raiders have allowed 125 points through four games, the most since 1962, the year before Davis joined the franchise.

^ The Raiders have just three sacks, no interceptions and have allowed the opposition to convert 53.3 percent of their third downs.

^ They’re being outscored 55-7 in the third quarter.

On that one, Allen thinks first-half problems are leading to bigger third-quarter issues.

“Part of that is we’ve got to play better in the first half specifically on third down, convert third downs on offense, get off the field on defense,” he said. “Especially on defense so we don’t have to play so many plays so we don’t get tired and worn down in the second half. …

“The first half, we haven’t had enough plays on offense so we don’t develop that continuity and the flow. And then on defense, we play too many plays because we haven’t done a good enough job of getting off the field on third down. Starting the second half and the third quarter, we’re going to evaluate that, but part of that is a byproduct of where we’ve been in the first half.”

If anything, the bye week comes at a good time for the 1-3 Raiders.

“We’ve got a lot of work to do,” Allen said. “We’ve got a lot of areas that we’ve got to improve on. This bye week comes at a good time for us, gives us a chance as coaches to look at and evaluate what we’re doing, who we’re doing it with and come up with solutions that can help us get better and help us win some games.”

An overhaul is unrealistic, but you might see the Raiders make some tweaks in the running game, work on some pass-rush stunts, install some more 3-4 looks on defense and move emergency cornerback Michael Huff back to safety.

Also, the Raiders signed DB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah and OL Nick Mondek to the practice squad and released WR Tori Gurley and LB Carl Iheancho.

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2012/10/02/changes-coming/Changes coming?. Comments(6)| E-mail| PrintThe Raiders have two days of practice during the bye week, and the coaches will look at everything, even the zone-blocking scheme in which Allen believes, but hasn’t worked. Take away the 64-yard touchdown run in Week 3 against Pittsburgh and Darren McFadden has gained 137 yards on 56 carries (2.4 yards per carry). “We’re not going to stick our head in the sand,” coach Dennis Allen said. “We’re going to evaluate everything and see what things we need to improve on and where we can get better, and there’s a lot of things that go into that. “And we’re going to go from A to Z. We’ve got a lot of getting better to do, and that’s what we plan on doing.” McFadden, always the team guy, isn’t about to start pointing fingers at the coaches or the offensive linemen. “It’s one of those things where you just got to keep running,” McFadden said. “With the zone scheme, it’s going to hit here and there, but you just have to keep running. Stick with it and keep pounding the ball.” The Raiders, seventh last year, are last in the league in rushing with 60.8 yards per game. But that’s just one of a laundry list of problems: ^ The Raiders have allowed 125 points through four games, the most since 1962, the year before Davis joined the franchise. ^ The Raiders have just three sacks, no interceptions and have allowed the opposition to convert 53.3 percent of their third downs. ^ They’re being outscored 55-7 in the third quarter. On that one, Allen thinks first-half problems are leading to bigger third-quarter issues. “Part of that is we’ve got to play better in the first half specifically on third down, convert third downs on offense, get off the field on defense,” he said. “Especially on defense so we don’t have to play so many plays so we don’t get tired and worn down in the second half. … “The first half, we haven’t had enough plays on offense so we don’t develop that continuity and the flow. And then on defense, we play too many plays because we haven’t done a good enough job of getting off the field on third down. Starting the second half and the third quarter, we’re going to evaluate that, but part of that is a byproduct of where we’ve been in the first half.” If anything, the bye week comes at a good time for the 1-3 Raiders. “We’ve got a lot of work to do,” Allen said. “We’ve got a lot of areas that we’ve got to improve on. This bye week comes at a good time for us, gives us a chance as coaches to look at and evaluate what we’re doing, who we’re doing it with and come up with solutions that can help us get better and help us win some games.” An overhaul is unrealistic, but you might see the Raiders make some tweaks in the running game, work on some pass-rush stunts, install some more 3-4 looks on defense and move emergency cornerback Michael Huff back to safety. Also, the Raiders signed DB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah and OL Nick Mondek to the practice squad and released WR Tori Gurley and LB Carl Iheancho.
I can only hope that the coaching staff in Oakland can get their heads out of the ### and change the blocking scheme that is obviously not working!! Obviously something is wrong when arguably one of the best RB's in the league can't gain more than 2 yards per carry and was gaining damn near 5 yards per carry last year!! Some coaches are so ####ing stupid it's unreal!!

FWIW, I just traded Steven Jackson and Reggie Wayne for DMC in one league today, and after the trade went through the other owner told me they'd have given him to me for much less.

FWIW, I just traded Steven Jackson and Reggie Wayne for DMC in one league today, and after the trade went through the other owner told me they'd have given him to me for much less.
That owner is an #######. I think Wayne was a bit much though, yeah. I think SJax + a WR2 would have been more appropriate.

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2012/10/02/changes-coming/Changes coming?Marcel Reece is the guy to grab on the Raiders ! Thank me later.. Comments(6)| E-mail| PrintThe Raiders have two days of practice during the bye week, and the coaches will look at everything, even the zone-blocking scheme in which Allen believes, but hasn’t worked. Take away the 64-yard touchdown run in Week 3 against Pittsburgh and Darren McFadden has gained 137 yards on 56 carries (2.4 yards per carry). “We’re not going to stick our head in the sand,” coach Dennis Allen said. “We’re going to evaluate everything and see what things we need to improve on and where we can get better, and there’s a lot of things that go into that. “And we’re going to go from A to Z. We’ve got a lot of getting better to do, and that’s what we plan on doing.” McFadden, always the team guy, isn’t about to start pointing fingers at the coaches or the offensive linemen. “It’s one of those things where you just got to keep running,” McFadden said. “With the zone scheme, it’s going to hit here and there, but you just have to keep running. Stick with it and keep pounding the ball.” The Raiders, seventh last year, are last in the league in rushing with 60.8 yards per game. But that’s just one of a laundry list of problems: ^ The Raiders have allowed 125 points through four games, the most since 1962, the year before Davis joined the franchise. ^ The Raiders have just three sacks, no interceptions and have allowed the opposition to convert 53.3 percent of their third downs. ^ They’re being outscored 55-7 in the third quarter. On that one, Allen thinks first-half problems are leading to bigger third-quarter issues. “Part of that is we’ve got to play better in the first half specifically on third down, convert third downs on offense, get off the field on defense,” he said. “Especially on defense so we don’t have to play so many plays so we don’t get tired and worn down in the second half. … “The first half, we haven’t had enough plays on offense so we don’t develop that continuity and the flow. And then on defense, we play too many plays because we haven’t done a good enough job of getting off the field on third down. Starting the second half and the third quarter, we’re going to evaluate that, but part of that is a byproduct of where we’ve been in the first half.” If anything, the bye week comes at a good time for the 1-3 Raiders. “We’ve got a lot of work to do,” Allen said. “We’ve got a lot of areas that we’ve got to improve on. This bye week comes at a good time for us, gives us a chance as coaches to look at and evaluate what we’re doing, who we’re doing it with and come up with solutions that can help us get better and help us win some games.” An overhaul is unrealistic, but you might see the Raiders make some tweaks in the running game, work on some pass-rush stunts, install some more 3-4 looks on defense and move emergency cornerback Michael Huff back to safety. Also, the Raiders signed DB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah and OL Nick Mondek to the practice squad and released WR Tori Gurley and LB Carl Iheancho.
I can only hope that the coaching staff in Oakland can get their heads out of the ### and change the blocking scheme that is obviously not working!! Obviously something is wrong when arguably one of the best RB's in the league can't gain more than 2 yards per carry and was gaining damn near 5 yards per carry last year!! Some coaches are so ####ing stupid it's unreal!!

Pretty disturbing Carson Palmer nugget here, from Roto:

&gt;&gt;&gt; Carson Palmer has completed just 1-of-14 throws of longer than 20 yards downfield this season.

We haven't noticed significant decline in Palmer's passing velocity or downfield arm strength, but he's clearly not been an efficient vertical passer thus far in what is supposed to be a vertical-oriented Greg Knapp offense. Through the first five weeks, Palmer is the No. 21 overall fantasy quarterback. He has a difficult matchup with Atlanta's top-seven pass defense in Week 6. &lt;&lt;&lt;

ONE freakin' completion over 20 yards :confused: Doesn't do much to loosen up the box for our boy DMac, eh?

DHB and Moore hopefully back on the field together this week ... but, man ... 1-14 is abysmal :X

Pretty disturbing Carson Palmer nugget here, from Roto:&gt;&gt;&gt; Carson Palmer has completed just 1-of-14 throws of longer than 20 yards downfield this season.We haven't noticed significant decline in Palmer's passing velocity or downfield arm strength, but he's clearly not been an efficient vertical passer thus far in what is supposed to be a vertical-oriented Greg Knapp offense. Through the first five weeks, Palmer is the No. 21 overall fantasy quarterback. He has a difficult matchup with Atlanta's top-seven pass defense in Week 6. &lt;&lt;&lt;ONE freakin' completion over 20 yards :confused: Doesn't do much to loosen up the box for our boy DMac, eh?DHB and Moore hopefully back on the field together this week ... but, man ... 1-14 is abysmal :X
As a DMac and D. Moore owner I've watched my fair share of Raider games and can tell you that if you'd spent anytime watching the Raiders this stat would not surprise you in he least. Palmer has been absolutely dreadful this year and I have a really hard time explaining how he is even ranked as the #21 QB because he looks like they pulled some 15 year old out of the punt, pass, and kick program and threw him into the NFL. Had an owner in my league try to trade Palmer to me citing his mediocre stats and I had to inform him that I've seen him play and his fantasy points don't adequately reflect his poor play. Lots of things to dislike about the Raiders offense and I have a hard time believing that Palmer isn't the biggest issue - followed by WR injuries, ZBS, coaching, and then McFadden (who has missed some opps in the form of incorrect cuts and a few dropped passes).

I remain hopeful that The Raaaaaaaaaiders organization / coaching staff will turn this thing around. Perhaps it's reverse psychology or wishful thinking, but damnit it can't get any worse in Oakland, can it? I keep flopping between McFadden, Ridley, and Forte - all have their issues. This week rolling with McFadden, his schedule gets easier and I gotta believe this team figures it out!!! :confused: or I am simply drinking the juice :banned:

RB Darren McFadden (OAK) The Raiders spent plenty of time during their bye week trying to find ways to involve Darren McFadden more, according to head coach Dennis Allen. The Raiders are last in the league in rushing with 60.8 yards on the ground per game. Oakland feels McFadden is ready to break out, and the Atlanta Falcons, their Week 6 matchup, have allowed 5.4 yards per carry.

Traded DMC for Ridley over his bye week, and that was looking great until Ridley's fumble late in the Denver game. Still might work out so long as Ridley stays out of the doghouse. Although I'm hoping I got some value in this deal, I think it illustrates one of the advantages DMC has. So long as he's healthy, he WILL get the vast majority of carries in Oakland. Whereas Ridley or similar backs - although outproducing DMC - they just don't have the same job security.

I think that makes a pretty good case to trade FOR McFadden - he's got talent, and job security... if he ever pulls it together.

Holding him in at least 2 other leagues to hedge against him pulling it together.

(The rest of the deal was that I gave up Dez for Dem. Thomas - so I was happy to pull the trigger, but it's easier to evaluate by just considering the RBs. The above poster who traded SJax AND Reggie Wayne... well, that must have been before Wayne's blow up. Ouch.)

Traded DMC for Ridley over his bye week, and that was looking great until Ridley's fumble late in the Denver game. Still might work out so long as Ridley stays out of the doghouse. Although I'm hoping I got some value in this deal, I think it illustrates one of the advantages DMC has. So long as he's healthy, he WILL get the vast majority of carries in Oakland. Whereas Ridley or similar backs - although outproducing DMC - they just don't have the same job security. I think that makes a pretty good case to trade FOR McFadden - he's got talent, and job security... if he ever pulls it together. Holding him in at least 2 other leagues to hedge against him pulling it together. (The rest of the deal was that I gave up Dez for Dem. Thomas - so I was happy to pull the trigger, but it's easier to evaluate by just considering the RBs. The above poster who traded SJax AND Reggie Wayne... well, that must have been before Wayne's blow up. Ouch.)
Before the game last week, I wouldn't have really minded this trade. Afterwards though, with the ball security issues and Vereen randomly getting GL work, I hate it. The problem is, Ridley has two, arguably three very talented backs waiting in the wings behind him. If you put the ball on the ground, BB doesn't care who you are or what you're doing, you'll be replaced. At this moment, if you can trade Ridley for DMC or Murray, I would do so in a heartbeat for many reasons, one of them I just stated.DMC is coming out of the bye facing his softest rush defense so far this season. I am a bit worried ATL will take a large lead too quickly, but so many RBs have had success against them, even Shuan Draugn, Deangelo Williams and Jackie Battle. DMC should be able to wipe the floor with them.

Plus, Oakland has got to get the ball down the field versus opposing defenses stacking the box keying entirely on McFadden. C'mon on Palmer, D Moore, Heyward-Bey, etc....open up the running lanes!

If Oakland falls behind - it's lights out :thumbup:

Traded DMC for Ridley over his bye week, and that was looking great until Ridley's fumble late in the Denver game. Still might work out so long as Ridley stays out of the doghouse. Although I'm hoping I got some value in this deal, I think it illustrates one of the advantages DMC has. So long as he's healthy, he WILL get the vast majority of carries in Oakland. Whereas Ridley or similar backs - although outproducing DMC - they just don't have the same job security. I think that makes a pretty good case to trade FOR McFadden - he's got talent, and job security... if he ever pulls it together. Holding him in at least 2 other leagues to hedge against him pulling it together. (The rest of the deal was that I gave up Dez for Dem. Thomas - so I was happy to pull the trigger, but it's easier to evaluate by just considering the RBs. The above poster who traded SJax AND Reggie Wayne... well, that must have been before Wayne's blow up. Ouch.)
Before the game last week, I wouldn't have really minded this trade. Afterwards though, with the ball security issues and Vereen randomly getting GL work, I hate it. The problem is, Ridley has two, arguably three very talented backs waiting in the wings behind him. If you put the ball on the ground, BB doesn't care who you are or what you're doing, you'll be replaced. At this moment, if you can trade Ridley for DMC or Murray, I would do so in a heartbeat for many reasons, one of them I just stated.DMC is coming out of the bye facing his softest rush defense so far this season. I am a bit worried ATL will take a large lead too quickly, but so many RBs have had success against them, even Shuan Draugn, Deangelo Williams and Jackie Battle. DMC should be able to wipe the floor with them.
Next time I make a trade, I'll hit you up for your fumblitis pre-vision! :PIf only I had known Ridley would fumble for the second time in two weeks, I would've reconsidered. Still though, its hard to be too unhappy with a trade that yielded me 151 yards and a TD, and the #5 RB... so long as Bill doesn't pull the plug. In any case, if I was looking to move McFadden today, I would think more critically about a Ridley trade. Other backs I would also consider are Matthews and as mentioned Murray, maybe McGahee. Forte if possible. However, I probably won't be trading FOR McFadden in the league where I just traded him away, as I already own him in 2-3 other leagues. Too much exposure to a player with a long injury history, and a record of ineffectiveness rushing the ball in every game except one. There's also the bye week to consider... if your team has a losing record, having multiple players on bye REALLY hurts your team. Moving McFadden over his bye was the right time, but now that it's over, he's more of a hold.

Thats funny. I traded Ridley for DMC before their bye week. Felt that Ridley had reached his peak with that situation only getting more crowded and DMC has a great schedule coming up, plus a bye week for the coaches to figure out what went wrong. Hopefully I'm right.

Is there any logical reason why, as a DMC owner, Goodson should be sitting on the waiver wire in my 14-team league in favor of a few long-shot fliers by the likes of Lamar Miller, Bilal Powell and Alphonso Smith? I have an $0 auction bid in to grab him at noon today (he's been on the wire for two weeks), but I'm so tempted to instead stash Smith from AZ for just one week to see how things play out with their backfield. I evenually will stash Goodson for the remainder of the season (around week 8-9 once my BYEs clear up), but is it worth the risk, even for a week, not to grab DMC's handcuff? Week 6 sounds right on schedule for the annual injury bug for him, so I'm thinking I should just play it safe. Given Goodson's zone-scheme background in Carolina, I wouldn't be surprised if he performed decently in the event of an injury to DMC (fingers crossed).

Thoughts?

Is there any logical reason why, as a DMC owner, Goodson should be sitting on the waiver wire in my 14-team league in favor of a few long-shot fliers by the likes of Lamar Miller, Bilal Powell and Alphonso Smith? I have an $0 auction bid in to grab him at noon today (he's been on the wire for two weeks), but I'm so tempted to instead stash Smith from AZ for just one week to see how things play out with their backfield. I evenually will stash Goodson for the remainder of the season (around week 8-9 once my BYEs clear up), but is it worth the risk, even for a week, not to grab DMC's handcuff? Week 6 sounds right on schedule for the annual injury bug for him, so I'm thinking I should just play it safe. Given Goodson's zone-scheme background in Carolina, I wouldn't be surprised if he performed decently in the event of an injury to DMC (fingers crossed).Thoughts?
... if it (DMac down w/injury)happens ... snag Marcel Reece instead ... save some $$$$, and get a genuine diamond in the rough.Could turn into RBBC, and my money would be on Reece as having most bang for the buck :thumbup:

I'm running without a backup.

Goodson would get the first shot, but I am a Panthers homer and have seen his constant fumbles in action. If he took over, his fumbling issues would get him benched pretty quickly.

Jones is a speed option who probably can't carry a full load.

Reece is interesting, but his usage in the run game has been minor and I don't see him taking over in that area. Maybe goal line touches, but I see the passing game continuing to be his main area of usage... So I wouldn't see him gaining much more value than what he has now.

Users who are viewing this thread