What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (3 Viewers)

1) I'm not sure how to "click" on the quest from the console without a cursor/mouse, but I will play with that tonight.  It would be extremely helpful.

2) I get that the areas reset, but why does my map of the explored areas need to reset?  Does the map itself change?  Maybe that explains why I have trouble finding things the second time.
1) Can't help you on this one.  Buddy, is feature available on console?

2) The areas are not random in shape.  However, to give the allusion of randomness, the camera angle can change each time a new instance is created of said area which if you don't know an area intimately can almost feel like a change..

Last edited by a moderator:
I just disagree. Being new to this game which is pretty unique and complicated I think learning how things work, learning the ins and outs are pretty important. Just going with a "guide" to start takes away quite a bit from what makes the game great. 
We'll just disagree then.  You still learn the ins and outs even with a guide. But it can be very frustrating to invest in a character that seems powerful early on, then just dies all the time once you get to the late/end game.  If you're in it for the long haul with multiples characters though and fully realize your first playthrough will be nothing other than a learning experience, then more power to you.    

1) Can't help you on this one.  Buddy, is feature available on console?

2) The areas are not random in shape.  However, to give the allusion of randomness, the camera angle can change each time a new instance is created of said area which if you don't know an area intimately can almost feel like a change..
OK, definitely experienced that.  Went to an area once, and what I was looking for was right near the entrance one time, and when I went back I had to wander around for it.  That makes sense.

I hit level 89 last night.  Working through maps tier 13ish now.  

Leveling is real slow now as every death means at least 3-4 more maps have to be run to make up for the experience loss.

How many are playing on XB1?  I'll post the name of my witch later (I used a random name generator as I am horrible with names, so of course I can't remember what it is), but would be up for joining forces if other people are on when I am.

Mamoux is my main character name.   I have several characters in the high 90's that have played several different builds.  I have one at level 100 that is a Templar.   I spend too much time on this game.  It is highly addictive.  https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mamoux
I have never broken 90 with a character.  That seems to be my topping off point.

How many hours into that one character that you hit 100 with?

How many are playing on XB1?  I'll post the name of my witch later (I used a random name generator as I am horrible with names, so of course I can't remember what it is), but would be up for joining forces if other people are on when I am.
do you add friends within POE, or do you just add them as xbox live friends and see when they're playing POE?

do you add friends within POE, or do you just add them as xbox live friends and see when they're playing POE?
:shrug:  I think you can do it either way.  Probably easier to go with just friends via Xbox, and see when people are playing.

<----Nittany Dodger (though it is usually my kids unless it is PofE).

I have never broken 90 with a character.  That seems to be my topping off point.

How many hours into that one character that you hit 100 with?
I played off and on with him for a long time.  I am in  guild with a guy who will hit 100 three to four times each league.    It is more about running high maps, without deaths than anything else.  The first 100 was the hardest, but after you focus on one character and have enough currency to run high maps, and have good gear it is easier.  

Figured out how to use the map in conjunction with the quests last night, so that was good.

Spent 10 minutes finding all the cords for my headset to plug that in for the first time in months, so I could actually hear the game.  I still couldn't get any sound, so that was a bummer.

The game continues to force me into a Bow build for my next char. So far all of my unique drops have been a bow, quiver, Ashrend Body Armor, a jewel that was dex/projectile based, and an 18% caustic arrow gem. 

I am using my first char on the xbone I am using a loot farmer and equipping any that has + to rarity. Not really following any sort of major plan other than a life/bleed build that I used long ago. 

Magic - Blue

Rare - Yellow

Unique - Burnt Orange (?)
OK thanks.  No, I haven't seen that yet, but hopefully it stands out from the yellow as I am just breezing past many of those.

I've seen a few in bold purple, which I assume are all special items related to quests or currency or whatever.

OK thanks.  No, I haven't seen that yet, but hopefully it stands out from the yellow as I am just breezing past many of those.

I've seen a few in bold purple, which I assume are all special items related to quests or currency or whatever.
I have been having a hard time noticing the yellows vs whites at times. I thought it was possibly my TV calibration. Are you having the same issue?

I have been having a hard time noticing the yellows vs whites at times. I thought it was possibly my TV calibration. Are you having the same issue?
I would say it is pretty close, and it does take a minute to look to see which it is.  So many colors to choose from they could have shaded them differently, or done something to really draw your attention.

Figured out how to use the map in conjunction with the quests last night, so that was good.

Spent 10 minutes finding all the cords for my headset to plug that in for the first time in months, so I could actually hear the game.  I still couldn't get any sound, so that was a bummer.
Can no one on the xbox hear the game or is the problem isolated to just some?

This was a bug in the beta too. Unfortunately not fixed yet.

I don't know about all headsets, however for mine, if I plug in the USB and green headset jack into the tv, and plug the other end into my controller, the sound works out of both the headset and the tv. So I just lay the headset down and use the tv sound, or mute the t.v. and use the headset 

Can no one on the xbox hear the game or is the problem isolated to just some?
Shady Inc posted the workaround above.  I did that while on the main screen last night, after the sound had cut out.  Got the headset plugged in, and the sound came on.  But, as soon as I actually loaded a game, it cut out again.  Hopefully it gets fixed soon, as I read posts earlier in this thread of people raving about the sound.

I hit level 90 last night and started to work on upgrading my Pantheon Powers.  I am not feeling a big effect of these powers yet though.

One thing I wanted to mention for the new players.

The 4 levels of rareity are as follows

Normal - Magic - Rare - Unique

It can be counter intuitive (especially if you are a D3 player where Legenday's rule the heap) but Unique's are NOT equivalent to Legendary in D3.   

Unique's many many times have worse stats than an equivalent rare.  What makes unique's special is that they can be build specific (if not build defining at times).

I just wanted to let you guys know not to get too excited seeing a Unique drop and then be disappointed it is no better than the rare you are wearing.  Sometimes it will be be and most times it won't be.  

Yes, level 91!  First time ever with a character (this must be my 11th or so).

Next thing on my list is to figure out what to do with all the sextants I have been picking up.  I know they are used to add mods to the atlas but I am unsure which maps and which mods to focus on.

So many new things in this game. I played this for a year or two non-stop when it came out and I feel like it's a completely new game. So many new orbs/gems/jewels etc etc. and its all free. Absolutely amazing job by GGG

Yes, level 91!  First time ever with a character (this must be my 11th or so).

Next thing on my list is to figure out what to do with all the sextants I have been picking up.  I know they are used to add mods to the atlas but I am unsure which maps and which mods to focus on.
Run them on the maps that you only want to drop.   Have you fixed your atlas to only drop the maps you like to run? 

Sextants make mapping much more profitable and sustainable, even more so if you have a speed clearing build.

I try to cultivate my atlas each league, i really like Racecourse personally so a shaped one is tier 11. However i have yet to fully utilize a properly sextant'd atlas. A guildie of mine has mastered sextant blocking and its light and day difference.

SHIZNITTTT said:
Run them on the maps that you only want to drop.   Have you fixed your atlas to only drop the maps you like to run? 
I do not know how to fix the atlas to do this.  I am having a hard time maintaining maps above tier 13.

Which mods should I look for when using them on a map?

Probably not how the designers want you to play, but I have resorted to googling where destinations are exactly before starting out on quests.  Cuts down on time spent wandering much more, and makes the game more enjoyable.  I would imagine doing a couple of characters solves this problem, but on the first go round, not so much.

Probably not how the designers want you to play, but I have resorted to googling where destinations are exactly before starting out on quests.  Cuts down on time spent wandering much more, and makes the game more enjoyable.  I would imagine doing a couple of characters solves this problem, but on the first go round, not so much.
I can't do that.  I'm OCD and clear out pretty much every map, open up every chest, and bust every barrel/vase, etc.  I can't help myself.

The game is rather linear. Not sure why you wouldn't just clear every map and move on?

The game is rather linear. Not sure why you wouldn't just clear every map and move on?
Because I may start out on spot a, needing to get to spot c to solve me quest.  While going through spot b, I see a branch that goes off in a different direction, and while going down there I pick up another side quest to solve, that leads to yet another branch.

It drives my OCD crazy to have five different active quests going on a one time.

Because I may start out on spot a, needing to get to spot c to solve me quest.  While going through spot b, I see a branch that goes off in a different direction, and while going down there I pick up another side quest to solve, that leads to yet another branch.

It drives my OCD crazy to have five different active quests going on a one time.
Most get solved as you progress through maps in a given area. the only thing I think you will need to look up locations for are the prophecies which I believe can send you all over the place. 

I have a serious resistance problem on these higher acts.  Dying left and right.  I'll be at lvl 60 forever at this rate.
res is the second most important defense in the game behind health.  Ignore chaos res entirely and focus on maxing lighting, fire and cold.  Give up damage to get it.

I've been trying to do some mf runs with my witch, hard to find areas that are easy enough for her to handle, but that still have a boss that might drop something nice.

I'm taking a break from her a bit for my flame arrow ranger too, she is fun and I am loving the decoy totem.  I've died a ton less with her due to the totem taking all the attention.

I've been trying to do some mf runs with my witch, hard to find areas that are easy enough for her to handle, but that still have a boss that might drop something nice.

I'm taking a break from her a bit for my flame arrow ranger too, she is fun and I am loving the decoy totem.  I've died a ton less with her due to the totem taking all the attention.
I think my frost blade character might be done.  I can't advance past level 91.   I just don't have the ability to maintain the map tiers I need for experience and one death can wipe out hours of grinding on lower tier maps.

I am still making buckets of cash though so I might keep playing to build up wealth for next character. 

I think my frost blade character might be done.  I can't advance past level 91.   I just don't have the ability to maintain the map tiers I need for experience and one death can wipe out hours of grinding on lower tier maps.

I am still making buckets of cash though so I might keep playing to build up wealth for next character. 
Yeah, I am running into that issue with frost blades even on lower levels with my assassin.

how does your atlas look?  low tier maps (1 through 7) should drop like candy.  Unless your character is stuck in the spot where you need higher tier maps.
Frankly I don't really understand how that part works.  I have several map "tokens" but don't know where or how to use them.

Frankly I don't really understand how that part works.  I have several map "tokens" but don't know where or how to use them.
ahh.  ok.  maps are the end game material.

You use the map "tokens" in the Map Device.

You can access the end game map device in Act 10 in the Templar Lab..  Or more usefully just advance the master Zana to level 2 and put a map device into your hideout.

The maps can be crafted (using currency on the token to make them magic or rare).  By making them magic or rare, you add mods on to them that make them harder, but also produce more loot.

You put the token in the device and it will create an area with a boss that you can explore.  If you clear the area and boss you can then add the map to your atlas and start building from there.

There are over a 100 maps broken up into 16 tiers which eventually can lead you to the 4 guardians and the shaper, the true end game boss.  I have never gotten close to this with any of my characters.

I spend more times on end game maps, than I do completing the regular game with each character.

Users who are viewing this thread