Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Doctor Detroit

***Detroit Tigers thread: Offseason should be great!***

I actually watched the whole game last night. Jimenez sure got squeezed by the ump, but nice to see Castro get his first hit. 

Went to Detroit over the weekend, beautiful park you guys have there. We moved around a bit and the site lines are pretty great all the way around. Coming from Fenway anything is better but yours were top notch. I'd put look and feel up there with Camden for the parks I've been to. Loved the Tiger's greats statues in the OF, wish we had something like that at Fenway. Fans were very cool too, well done Detroit :thumbup:

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Kraft... said:

Went to Detroit over the weekend, beautiful park you guys have there. We moved around a bit and the site lines are pretty great all the way around. Coming from Fenway anything is better but yours were top notch. I'd put look and feel up there with Camden for the parks I've been to. Loved the Tiger's greats statues in the OF, wish we had something like that at Fenway. Fans were very cool too, well done Detroit :thumbup:

Did you check out the New Amsterdam bar about right field? Nice place to hang out when the Tigers are getting lit up.

• Like 1

Heard an interview with Victor on the radio and he apologized a number of times for ripping the fans a few years back.  Said was sorry and related to his brother. "I love my brother but we fight all the time and no matter how big the fight I still love him..I feel the same way about the fans in Detroit'

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Did you check out the New Amsterdam bar about right field? Nice place to hang out when the Tigers are getting lit up.

Is that the one with all the local beers? If so yes we hung there for a bit but just between innings. 

16 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

@Doctor Detroit

Can you summon the spirit of John Wockenfuss to help the Tigers take care of business in Milwaukee these next couple of days.

They've almost won the first two games, all I can promise is an almost win today. 

Any chance that John Wockenfuss has play by play or color commentary chops? I hear there are some openings 

10 hours ago, Epic Problem said:

Any chance that John Wockenfuss has play by play or color commentary chops? I hear there are some openings 

Anything has to be better than Matt Shepard and Gibby...I’ll probably watch games on mute if they go that route

14 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Anything has to be better than Matt Shepard and Gibby...I’ll probably watch games on mute if they go that route

Listen to Dan and Jim FTW

• Like 1

Not a huge surprise the Tigers didn’t protect Derek Hill. I would doubt anyone would rule 5 him but I guess you never know. They did protect Perez though by moving him to 40 man roster. 

13 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Welcome to Detroit Tyson Ross..hopefully the Tigers can get a prosepct at the trading deadline for you.

Yes, really cant go wrong with something like this. Not like there is a salary cap.

14 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Yes, really cant go wrong with something like this. Not like there is a salary cap.

Ross pitches good and they might get a decent player for him.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Welcome to Detroit Tyson Ross..hopefully the Tigers can get a prosepct at the trading deadline for you.

A few seasons ago, the Cubs offered Javy Baez to San Diego for Tyson Ross. 

San Diego refused, the main reason was their lingering embarrassment over the Anthony Rizzo for Andrew Cashner trade. 

They feared getting burned twice. 

3 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

A few seasons ago, the Cubs offered Javy Baez to San Diego for Tyson Ross. 

San Diego refused, the main reason was their lingering embarrassment over the Anthony Rizzo for Andrew Cashner trade. 

They feared getting burned twice. 

At time Ross seems dominant..don` know why he gets lit up so much.

5 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Pretty much.  Like I was saying, the Tigers need to bridge to all their pitching prospects.  Mize, Perez, Manning, etc are on the way but they need some filler in the meanwhile.  Ross is good filler, Matt Moore probably not but these are the equivalent of throwing a few hundred bucks at Coinbase.  Ross is Bitcoin cash, Moore is buttgoblincoin.  Get 200 innings combined and that's profit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1