What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (17 Viewers)

Jesus, spit the hook out.  He doesn’t even need  it.

He's purposely twisting it out of proportion. He's trolling. 
I've been around here long enough, but thanks.

I don't really think that is the case with @Statorama. Defending a position, even if it is a wrong one does not necessarily mean he is trolling.

We are way to quick to anger nowadays and I think that everyone needs to occasionally stop and take a couple deep breaths every now and then. Me, stat, con, @baymen etc. all of us could benefit from taking the time to practice reasonable discourse.

Can all of you shut the hell up about this non issue. All of you have a right to your own opinion. Quit trying to push that opinion on someone else. Let them go on believing what they will. Can we all agree to discuss the MCU Universe, and not so much the actors that portray the characters in that universe and what they say in our reality? I keep checking back in this thread and hoping to get some cool new nugget about the movies, but it's the same old circle jerk going on over and over and over and over and over and over again

I think that this is all very tiring from multiple angles.

I do not listen to movie reviewers, especially when it comes to comic movies or sci fi movies. I also do not care about the personal opinions of actors and actresses. Their opinion is as meaningful to me as my neighbor or my plumber. 

I do not listen to movie reviewers, especially when it comes to comic movies or sci fi movies. I also do not care about the personal opinions of actors and actresses. Their opinion is as meaningful to me as my neighbor or my plumber. 
I like to hear what my neighbor or plumber have to say. Seriously...

TheFanatic said:
I like to hear what my neighbor or plumber have to say. Seriously...
Actually this I agree with because at least with them I know if they are into the topic etc vs the critic who will never admit to liking such plebeian movie fare.

Actually this I agree with because at least with them I know if they are into the topic etc vs the critic who will never admit to liking such plebeian movie fare.
Exactly. I want to know the opinions of people that can actually relate to me and I can relate to rather than these chumps or actors and actresses who preach to me about how to live when they don't live in the same reality I do. The plumber does live in my reality. 

I like to hear my plumber's opinion about plumbing.

How about the fact that they are just fun to watch?  I don't care about reviews....never have.  Either I want to watch it or I don't based on what I know or have seen.  If I see the preview and like it, I'll watch it.  If I've read the comic books and I found them entertaining, I'll watch the movie version.  I don't care who says what about the movies, I just want to be entertained.  That's it.  I don't care about your social issues or why you're taking offense to an actor/actress.  I don't care if you feel jobs were outsourced because the movie was made in Australia vs Austin.  I don't care about you trying to take a political stance on your soapbox by flooding ballots or "online polls".

I go to the movies to be entertained.  Period.  I don't judge whether or not I'll view the movie based on some social metric or online poll opinions.  If I want to watch it, I watch it.  

I thoroughly enjoyed Black Panther.  I loved the comic book character and his story arcs.  I loved the way Marvel introduced him in Civil War.  I was excited to watch the movie.  I couldn't care less about any racial undertones.  Call me naive, but I didn't even realize there were racial undertones in that movie.  I was too busy being entertained. 

Why can't going to the movies, or even talking about movies, just be about entertainment?  Why does everything have to have a political or social or racial or cultural impact?  Why can't it be more about the sheer enjoyment of the story?  I also wonder why a simple MCU thread which was routinely visited by comic nerds suddenly become the new soapbox for the Political Subforum? 

I find Marvel, and to a lesser extent DC, movies entertaining.  I do not find all the political soapbox drama entertaining.  

While not MCU, first Dark Phoenix trailer was released last night and is out on youtube. Hopefully it's a lot better than the mess that was Apocalypse.

While not MCU, first Dark Phoenix trailer was released last night and is out on youtube. Hopefully it's a lot better than the mess that was Apocalypse.
These have gone downhill since First Class, IMO.  Just haven't been too happy with how things have been setting up.  I expect the franchise to get rebooted when Marvel/Disney finally takes full control.

These have gone downhill since First Class, IMO.  Just haven't been too happy with how things have been setting up.  I expect the franchise to get rebooted when Marvel/Disney finally takes full control.
I think the Rogue cut of Days of Future Past was a really good movie, arguably the best in the whole series.

Logan was also a really well made movie.

Got tix to March 7.   Why do they always say the release date is the day after the movie premieres?  Is this to make the people that go on the first day feel extra nerdy?

I think the Rogue cut of Days of Future Past was a really good movie, arguably the best in the whole series.

Logan was also a really well made movie.
Haven't seen the Rogue cut yet...the original left a sour taste for the most part.  I'll take another look sometime.

I did like Logan.  I tend to view movies like that and The Wolverine outside of the XMen in general.  Logan does well as a stand alone movie.

Got tix to March 7.   Why do they always say the release date is the day after the movie premieres?  Is this to make the people that go on the first day feel extra nerdy?
The Thursday shows are called "previews" I think since they are not country wide where as on Friday is the full release where every theater that has it will show the movie.

Fandango announced today that Captain Marvel is already the 3rd biggest Marvel MCU presale, behind only Infinity War and Black Panther and that was just in the first 24 hours of pre sale for Captain Marvel.

Don't expect it. This is supposedly the final fox film before the rights lapse back to Marvel for the X-Men. It looks like they slapped this thing together and it has the same director as X-Men 3. So expect the same type of Dark Phoenix.

Don't expect it. This is supposedly the final fox film before the rights lapse back to Marvel for the X-Men. It looks like they slapped this thing together and it has the same director as X-Men 3. So expect the same type of Dark Phoenix.
X Men 3 was directed by Bret Ratner

Dark Phoenix is directed by Simon Kinberg.

Ratner is not involved in this movie.

I personally thought Days of Future Past may have been the highlight of the franchise (excluding the Deadpool films of course, which are the pinnacle of all MCU and MCU adjacent films).

Not sure why the Rogue version is preferred over the theater release.  It's ultimately a small change.  I view them as interchangeable. 

Thought I read it was. My mistake.
Kinberg definitely has the super hero background as a producer but this looks to be his directorial debut.  Should be interesting.

I'd like to know from him what his role was in how the Miles Teller Fantastic Four film played out.  I know it turned into a #### show during production and I think they switched directors after they started filming.  It makes me curious how much of that falls at Kinberg's doorstep. 

I personally thought Days of Future Past may have been the highlight of the franchise 

Not sure why the Rogue version is preferred over the theater release.  It's ultimately a small change.  I view them as interchangeable. 
we should probably be talking about this in the xmen thread but here are my reasons for preferring it

1) I think Rogue is an important character to the original cast.  To have her all but cut out of the theatrical version was disappointing

2) The Rogue rescue scene was one of the coolest shot scenes in the entire series with the constant cutting back and forth to old Magneto and Young Magneto

3) Bobby's death has significantly more meaning in the Rogue cut

we should probably be talking about this in the xmen thread but here are my reasons for preferring it

I don't disagree with any of that but, ultimately it's a small shift. They add a character and change the timing of two things involving Iceman and Magneto. 

It doesn't change the story in the least.

The F4 film was truly slapped together because the rights were about to revert to Marvel so they had to pump something out quick.

Dark Phoenix was greenlit and already done with filming before anything was announced about Marvel possibly buying out Fox in late 2017. The original release date for Dark Phoenix was a year ago but it’s been pushed multiple times now, once for reshoots, not a great sign.

it would be cool if they could incorporate some of the big players from the 80s into a marvel flick like maybe have rosco coltraine get a radiashun blast and get a super power and become friends with captn american and kick bad guys butts all across the south that would rule take that to the bank bromigos 

Fandango announced today that Captain Marvel is already the 3rd biggest Marvel MCU presale, behind only Infinity War and Black Panther and that was just in the first 24 hours of pre sale for Captain Marvel.
I was surprised to hear Fandango owns RottenTomatoes.  Was I the only one out of that loop?

Already bought my tickets for Friday for the white male bashing Captain Marvel. And smiled as I bought them! And I'm am old white guy!!
I bought mine too and hope this movie is good. I just have doubts, but have to watch no matter what because of Avengers right behind this, else this would be a Netflix movie for me.

I personally thought Days of Future Past may have been the highlight of the franchise (excluding the Deadpool films of course, which are the pinnacle of all MCU and MCU adjacent films).

The Rogue version is the best because Anna Paquin is in it. That is a huge change. Not interchangeable.

The Rogue version is the best because Anna Paquin is in it. That is a huge change. Not interchangeable.
She has maybe 10 minutes of screen time and barely speaks. I like the version but it effectively adds nothing.

We're not talking Blade Runner here.

Last edited by a moderator:
She has maybe 10 minutes of screen time and barely speaks. I like the version but it effectively adds nothing.

We're not talking Blade Runner here.
It adds Rogue... that is enough to make that version superior to the theater one. Rogue is life.

it would be cool if they could incorporate some of the big players from the 80s into a marvel flick like maybe have rosco coltraine get a radiashun blast and get a super power and become friends with captn american and kick bad guys butts all across the south that would rule take that to the bank bromigos 
rosco p. coltraine?

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
He could give parking tickets telepathically to someone who parked next to a fake fire hydrant? 

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
He could give parking tickets telepathically to someone who parked next to a fake fire hydrant? 
yeah but with more action take that to the bank bromigos

Not sure when I'm going to get to see this. I'm out of town this weekend and the weekend after is St. Patties. The weekend after that, we are celebrating what will be my 3 year olds Bday. If I go during the week, my youngest son will undoubtedly fall asleep before it's over. 

Users who are viewing this thread