Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Corporation

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Sanity Prevails Spidey Back in MCU

Recommended Posts

Why are First Class, Days of Future Past, And Logan so good, but Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix such abominations?  They really messed up what could have been a satisfactory storyline. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Why are First Class, Days of Future Past, And Logan so good, but Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix such abominations?  They really messed up what could have been a satisfactory storyline. 

My best guess is that they did not have consistent strong leadership like the MCU has to keep the oversight in place.  The writing in particular was extremely inconsistent.

The worst movie in the series was The Last Stand, written by Simon Kinberg

The second worst movie in the series was Dark Phoenix directed by Simon Kinberg.

This is not a coincidence.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

My best guess is that they did not have consistent strong leadership like the MCU has to keep the oversight in place.  The writing in particular was extremely inconsistent.

The worst movie in the series was The Last Stand, written by Simon Kinberg

The second worst movie in the series was Dark Phoenix directed by Simon Kinberg.

This is not a coincidence.

And aren’t they both about Phoenix?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

And aren’t they both about Phoenix?!

Yup.  They let the same guy screw up the story twice.

I don't think they had their own Kevin Feige type of person to over see everything to make sure the flow of movies made some sense.

Edited by NewlyRetired

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the list I saw the other day, Marvel movies are poorly represented on the Disney + menu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Do you guys think that Disney will pull/cancel the Hawkeye show?

Gotta wait and see what these accusations are about I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont get why all these serious directors are bashing the mcu movies......i mean i love goodfelllas and godfather.....but i also love a good popcorn superhero flick....seems odd those guys are so butt hurt

thought there was a code to not bash others art?

Edited by bicycle_seat_sniffer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

i dont get why all these serious directors are bashing the mcu movies......i mean i love goodfelllas and godfather.....but i also love a good popcorn superhero flick....seems odd those guys are so butt hurt

thought there was a code to not bash others art?

I just think they've officially hit old-man "get off my lawn" status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -arcK- said:

I just think they've officially hit old-man "get off my lawn" status.

Yes. Plus it's reporters asking them about it. These are not unsolicited opinions. It's like asking your grandpa his thoughts on minorities. Why go there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i saw that new spiderman movie fart from homecoming and it was ok i liked the mysterious guy he was ok for a fake out take that to the bank bromigos

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a note that the new Thor will tie heavily into Disney plus shows.  It's great in a marketing concept - but I think that is a drag at the box office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Saw a note that the new Thor will tie heavily into Disney plus shows.  It's great in a marketing concept - but I think that is a drag at the box office.

Looks like both the Loki and WandaVision shows will tie heavily into Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness as well.  

I loved when Shield worked alongside the movies, was disappointed there wasn't more interactions between the Netflix shows and MCU (they made veiled references since they were technically in the universe, but had no direct crossovers).  Planned to watch them anyway, hope they work in better then Shield did.

I do think it can cause issues though.  Before they announced D+ would be avail on the Amazon services, my sister was ready to bail on both the shows and the movies if you needed to watch the shows to know whats going on.  Didn't want to spend the $ on Roku or other services.  I can imagine others may feel the same.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unlike you  brohans i can not afford fancy real comic books but i do buy some alternative market comic books from the guys on the corner and last friday i bought a great one about a magician wizard who can make portals with a green rock and who is named senor weird anyhow he was a famous doctor until he was in a accident and now he drives an el camino and his theme song is low rider and he makes these totally weird portals anyhow it was pretty good for a buck and i hope that he is in the next avengers take that to the bank bromigos 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ps the el camino is invisible take that to the bank bromigos 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, B Maverick said:

I loved when Shield worked alongside the movies, was disappointed there wasn't more interactions between the Netflix shows and MCU (they made veiled references since they were technically in the universe, but had no direct crossovers).  Planned to watch them anyway, hope they work in better then Shield did.

Completely agree.  Heard rumblings through ScreenRant that with the recent changes at the top of Marvel, some of the Netflix characters may now become available in the movies - one example provided was Daredevil.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peak said:

Completely agree.  Heard rumblings through ScreenRant that with the recent changes at the top of Marvel, some of the Netflix characters may now become available in the movies - one example provided was Daredevil.

I saw one report citing DareDevil and Punisher may be worked in, using the same actors.  That would be great if they did.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’ll be a thing like watching the shows will give you a few Easter eggs you get to appreciate in the movies. Marvel isn’t going to bury their golden goose with too many tv tie-ins that 50% won’t see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see Marvel replicating what they were able to do with the 23 movies they did make. No way a story could be as good and as smooth as the Infinity one. Now, Marvel/Disney is in it for the money by pumping up Disney+ and all of these crossovers. Too much is going to be too much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, coyote5 said:

I think that would be a big mistake based off how casual some fans are. I know 3 people off the top of my head who enjoy going to see the MCU movies in theatres as they are a fun experience — I can’t picture any of them sitting through 8 hours of programming each season on tv. 
 

I don’t think I want to necessarily sit through 8 hours of an MCU series either tbh. These characters do not need that much exploration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Capella said:

I think that would be a big mistake based off how casual some fans are. I know 3 people off the top of my head who enjoy going to see the MCU movies in theatres as they are a fun experience — I can’t picture any of them sitting through 8 hours of programming each season on tv. 
 

I don’t think I want to necessarily sit through 8 hours of an MCU series either tbh. These characters do not need that much exploration. 

 I completely agree.  I'm much closer to a casual MCU fan than a hardcore one so this would probably push me away rather than draw me in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, badmojo1006 said:

Watching Thor: Dark World for the first time. Question.

Where is The Doctor?

Malekith, leader of the Dark Elves. Unless you know it’s him, it’s hard to recognize him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bcdjr1 said:

Malekith, leader of the Dark Elves. Unless you know it’s him, it’s hard to recognize him.

Yeah, I was more saying because it was set in London, plus the monsters looked like cybermen, thought we were in a Doctor Who episode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

What’s the timeline here and who is her “dad?”

It's Hopper from Stranger Things. Oh, what super hero is he? I have no idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dhockster said:

It's Hopper from Stranger Things. Oh, what super hero is he? I have no idea

Fat Captain Russia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

What’s the timeline here and who is her “dad?”

Timeline is shortly after Civil War according to wiki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Ironically Russia is where Hopper is likely being held now in Stranger Things :)

Marvel crossover! Now he is Captain Hopper!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

There is speculation that if Black Widow is well received that the sister will join the Avengers in future movies.

Smart move. Johannson is getting too old to stay in the movies, so get a related younger actor to take her place. Does Black Widow have a sister in the comics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dhockster said:

Smart move. Johannson is getting too old to stay in the movies, so get a related younger actor to take her place. Does Black Widow have a sister in the comics?

Yelena Belova, who is another black widow in the comics, is the same general character in this upcoming movie.  In the comics Yelena was not related to Natasha and I don't think it was ever mentioned in the comics that Natasha had a sister but they have retconned her character a few times over the decades so I guess it may have happened some where.

Edited by NewlyRetired

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dhockster said:

It's Hopper from Stranger Things. Oh, what super hero is he? I have no idea

Red Guardian I think, basically a soviet version of Captain America (he even has a shield in the comics.) Although it appears they have made him pretty much the comic relief for the movie.

Didn't like the initial look for Taskmaster, looks absolutely nothing like his comic counterpart.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Buckna said:

Red Guardian I think, basically a soviet version of Captain America (he even has a shield in the comics.) Although it appears they have made him pretty much the comic relief for the movie.

Didn't like the initial look for Taskmaster, looks absolutely nothing like his comic counterpart.

Is that who the archer was supposed to be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it looks good, but I wish they would have released this prior to Endgame.  I guess that would have led to questions like "Where is Yelena or Red Guardian" (presuming they survive this movie) in Endgame though, which already had a crowded plate of characters.

I'm in regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't really interested in a Black Widow movie but that trailer kind of reminds me of Winter Soldier movie which was amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dhockster said:

Smart move. Johannson is getting too old to stay in the movies.

Plus she's dead

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mario Kart said:

My daughter has a very bit part in this. Stunt/photo double for black widows mother in a flashback or something. She was so excited to tell me about it. I can’t wait for her to see the final cut so I know if I need to go see it to see her. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Plus she's dead

Well, sure, there's that. But since it is a comic book world, there are always ways around that. They could kind of do a "Weekend with Bernie" but with Black Widow in the role of Bernie.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dhockster said:

Well, sure, there's that. But since it is a comic book world, there are always ways around that. They could kind of do a "Weekend with Bernie" but with Black Widow in the role of Bernie.

As the Hollywood saying goes: "No body, no death."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bcdjr1 said:

Is that who the archer was supposed to be?

Presumably yes, he is supposedly the villain of the film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.