Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Corporation

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Sanity Prevails Spidey Back in MCU

Why are First Class, Days of Future Past, And Logan so good, but Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix such abominations?  They really messed up what could have been a satisfactory storyline. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Why are First Class, Days of Future Past, And Logan so good, but Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix such abominations?  They really messed up what could have been a satisfactory storyline. 

My best guess is that they did not have consistent strong leadership like the MCU has to keep the oversight in place.  The writing in particular was extremely inconsistent.

The worst movie in the series was The Last Stand, written by Simon Kinberg

The second worst movie in the series was Dark Phoenix directed by Simon Kinberg.

This is not a coincidence.

• Laughing 1

48 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

My best guess is that they did not have consistent strong leadership like the MCU has to keep the oversight in place.  The writing in particular was extremely inconsistent.

The worst movie in the series was The Last Stand, written by Simon Kinberg

The second worst movie in the series was Dark Phoenix directed by Simon Kinberg.

This is not a coincidence.

And aren’t they both about Phoenix?!

17 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

And aren’t they both about Phoenix?!

Yup.  They let the same guy screw up the story twice.

I don't think they had their own Kevin Feige type of person to over see everything to make sure the flow of movies made some sense.

Edited by NewlyRetired

From the list I saw the other day, Marvel movies are poorly represented on the Disney + menu. 

15 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Do you guys think that Disney will pull/cancel the Hawkeye show?

Gotta wait and see what these accusations are about I guess.

i dont get why all these serious directors are bashing the mcu movies......i mean i love goodfelllas and godfather.....but i also love a good popcorn superhero flick....seems odd those guys are so butt hurt

thought there was a code to not bash others art?

Edited by bicycle_seat_sniffer

19 hours ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

i dont get why all these serious directors are bashing the mcu movies......i mean i love goodfelllas and godfather.....but i also love a good popcorn superhero flick....seems odd those guys are so butt hurt

thought there was a code to not bash others art?

I just think they've officially hit old-man "get off my lawn" status.

3 hours ago, -arcK- said:

I just think they've officially hit old-man "get off my lawn" status.

Yes. Plus it's reporters asking them about it. These are not unsolicited opinions. It's like asking your grandpa his thoughts on minorities. Why go there?

i saw that new spiderman movie fart from homecoming and it was ok i liked the mysterious guy he was ok for a fake out take that to the bank bromigos

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Saw a note that the new Thor will tie heavily into Disney plus shows.  It's great in a marketing concept - but I think that is a drag at the box office.

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Saw a note that the new Thor will tie heavily into Disney plus shows.  It's great in a marketing concept - but I think that is a drag at the box office.

Looks like both the Loki and WandaVision shows will tie heavily into Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness as well.  

I loved when Shield worked alongside the movies, was disappointed there wasn't more interactions between the Netflix shows and MCU (they made veiled references since they were technically in the universe, but had no direct crossovers).  Planned to watch them anyway, hope they work in better then Shield did.

I do think it can cause issues though.  Before they announced D+ would be avail on the Amazon services, my sister was ready to bail on both the shows and the movies if you needed to watch the shows to know whats going on.  Didn't want to spend the $ on Roku or other services.  I can imagine others may feel the same.  

• Like 2

unlike you  brohans i can not afford fancy real comic books but i do buy some alternative market comic books from the guys on the corner and last friday i bought a great one about a magician wizard who can make portals with a green rock and who is named senor weird anyhow he was a famous doctor until he was in a accident and now he drives an el camino and his theme song is low rider and he makes these totally weird portals anyhow it was pretty good for a buck and i hope that he is in the next avengers take that to the bank bromigos 

• Like 2

ps the el camino is invisible take that to the bank bromigos 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B Maverick said:

I loved when Shield worked alongside the movies, was disappointed there wasn't more interactions between the Netflix shows and MCU (they made veiled references since they were technically in the universe, but had no direct crossovers).  Planned to watch them anyway, hope they work in better then Shield did.

Completely agree.  Heard rumblings through ScreenRant that with the recent changes at the top of Marvel, some of the Netflix characters may now become available in the movies - one example provided was Daredevil.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peak said:

Completely agree.  Heard rumblings through ScreenRant that with the recent changes at the top of Marvel, some of the Netflix characters may now become available in the movies - one example provided was Daredevil.

I saw one report citing DareDevil and Punisher may be worked in, using the same actors.  That would be great if they did.

• Like 4

I think it’ll be a thing like watching the shows will give you a few Easter eggs you get to appreciate in the movies. Marvel isn’t going to bury their golden goose with too many tv tie-ins that 50% won’t see. 

I don't see Marvel replicating what they were able to do with the 23 movies they did make. No way a story could be as good and as smooth as the Infinity one. Now, Marvel/Disney is in it for the money by pumping up Disney+ and all of these crossovers. Too much is going to be too much.

13 minutes ago, coyote5 said:

I think that would be a big mistake based off how casual some fans are. I know 3 people off the top of my head who enjoy going to see the MCU movies in theatres as they are a fun experience — I can’t picture any of them sitting through 8 hours of programming each season on tv. 

I don’t think I want to necessarily sit through 8 hours of an MCU series either tbh. These characters do not need that much exploration. 

49 minutes ago, Capella said:

I think that would be a big mistake based off how casual some fans are. I know 3 people off the top of my head who enjoy going to see the MCU movies in theatres as they are a fun experience — I can’t picture any of them sitting through 8 hours of programming each season on tv. 

I don’t think I want to necessarily sit through 8 hours of an MCU series either tbh. These characters do not need that much exploration. 

I completely agree.  I'm much closer to a casual MCU fan than a hardcore one so this would probably push me away rather than draw me in.