What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sherman is a tool (1 Viewer)

You guys are crazy. Sherman is hilarious. We need more people like him in the league, not less.
What are you 14?
It's a game...it's entertainment. I'm a 42 year old white guy living in WI and thought it was great.
Really? You liked seeing him taunt his opponent after dodging a bullet? And then liked hearing him rant like a lunatic about how great he is after the game?Sounds like a case of arrested development to me.

Last edited:
Sorry. Give me Patrick Peterson. Just as good a corner, if not better, and not a total ### clown.

Sherman is a great player and if he were on my team, I guarantee you Sean Payton wouldn't put up with that nonsense for a second...

I thought the cockiness was annoying last year, but I've warmed up to the guy. He's supremely confident. The only way to shut him up is to beat him, and there aren't many doing that lately.

Everyone would love him if he was on their team. Don't kid yourselves.

I thought the cockiness was annoying last year, but I've warmed up to the guy. He's supremely confident. The only way to shut him up is to beat him, and there aren't many doing that lately.

This the dude that thought Harbaugh would draft him out of Stanford, isn't it, and was pissed that he didn't.

He looks like the absolute perfect teammate.

Holy Cow, will someone please get this guy away from the microphones before he does any more harm? He has quickly become the most hated athlete I have ever seen. Seriously. Why do you need to still run your mouth about Crabtree being "mediocre" at 11:46?

And #### Dilfer for saying how great Carroll is for letting his players be themselves. Oh my God what a truly pathetic organization from the top down. Just horrible. Please Peyton, kick these posers back to that rainy $hit-hole.

Holy Cow, will someone please get this guy away from the microphones before he does any more harm? He has quickly become the most hated athlete I have ever seen. Seriously. Why do you need to still run your mouth about Crabtree being "mediocre" at 11:46?

And #### Dilfer for saying how great Carroll is for letting his players be themselves. Oh my God what a truly pathetic organization from the top down. Just horrible. Please Peyton, kick these posers back to that rainy ####-hole.
Wow you are laying it on real thick most hated athlete you've ever seen?

Last edited by a moderator:

And #### Dilfer for saying how great Carroll is for letting his players be themselves. Oh my God what a truly pathetic organization from the top down. Just horrible. Please Peyton, kick these posers back to that rainy ####-hole.
Yup. And it's not even close. I think it's going to be a huge story too. I have heard 4 post game interviews from Sherman. Only on the live national feed did he tone it down. Even an hour after the game he was still hamming I up and endlessly mocking Crabtree. You're probably young and don't quite get why this sort of stuff rubs people the wrong way. I didn't understand it either when I was young. But boy, it really turns people off.

And #### Dilfer for saying how great Carroll is for letting his players be themselves. Oh my God what a truly pathetic organization from the top down. Just horrible. Please Peyton, kick these posers back to that rainy ####-h, not that yoole.
Yup. And it's not even close. I think it's going to be a huge story too. I have heard 4 post game interviews from Sherman. Only on the live national feed did he tone it down. Even an hour after the game he was still hamming I up and endlessly mocking Crabtree. You're probably young and don't quite get why this sort of stuff rubs people the wrong way. I didn't understand it either when I was young. But boy, it really turns people off.
This is not a good look, not that you care.

I love listening to the guy. It's like watching the heel (bad guy) in Pro Wrestling.

But it's fun because it's just him. If everyone were like this then the sport would just be a bunch of trash talking, people losing their tempers, fights, etc and we'd lose the true competition.

It's the class on this team, like Wilson (and others) that allows Sherman to act this way. That's fine.

It's very telling that he talks so much, and then when he said to that Redskin's lineman "What you gonna do?" and then he got popped, he backed off real quick. Then when others stepped inbetween him and the lineman, he started to yell again.

Again, for those that played sports, everyone knows the idiot on the team who talks more than he should, but he's a good player so you embrace him and put up with it. Yet everyone still knows he's an idiot.

That being said, when I was a kid I would have loved this. The "rebel" attitude, "I'm the man", "I don't care if you don't like it", etc etc. Now, as an adult, thankfully, most of us outgrow it and treat others with respect.

Yet, it is fun to watch the outlier, and thus, even more fun to watch him lose and eat his crow. Sherman's good, though, so we don't get to see him eat it as much as many would like.

The guy is great, you're kind of a turn off though.

This is a huge rivalry, and he got the best of Crabtree. I'm guessing Crabtree ran his mouth enough to tick Sherman off. Maybe Crabtree is the one who should shut up and play because he's not in Sherman's league.

I love listening to the guy. It's like watching the heel (bad guy) in Pro Wrestling.

But it's fun because it's just him. If everyone were like this then the sport would just be a bunch of trash talking, people losing their tempers, fights, etc and we'd lose the true competition.

It's the class on this team, like Wilson (and others) that allows Sherman to act this way. That's fine.

It's very telling that he talks so much, and then when he said to that Redskin's lineman "What you gonna do?" and then he got popped, he backed off real quick. Then when others stepped inbetween him and the lineman, he started to yell again.

Again, for those that played sports, everyone knows the idiot on the team who talks more than he should, but he's a good player so you embrace him and put up with it. Yet everyone still knows he's an idiot.

That being said, when I was a kid I would have loved this. The "rebel" attitude, "I'm the man", "I don't care if you don't like it", etc etc. Now, as an adult, thankfully, most of us outgrow it and treat others with respect.

Yet, it is fun to watch the outlier, and thus, even more fun to watch him lose and eat his crow. Sherman's good, though, so we don't get to see him eat it as much as many would like.
Its also a *tiny* bit because he's undeniably the best CB in the league 2 years running that he's afforded the platform he's been given :knowledge:

I personally hate his act. Running up to Crabtree afterwards was trash. As others said, I'll take someone who goes about his business quietly and shows respect. That said, I'm pretty sure this is all an act. He is quickly becoming the most polarizing figure in the game and is setting himself up for some nice endorsements and other gigs after his football career.

But it would be great to see Peyton win and run up in his face but that's not Peyton's style although I imagine some players will return the favor.

proninja said:

OJ Simpson

Rae Carrruth

Pete Rose

Ugeth Urbina

You think the best corner in football being a jerk about being the best corner in football is on the level of murder, and that a smart Stanford grad who is a great teammate, awesome film room guy, and model citizen off the field is as hated as murderers because you don't like how he runs his mouth.

That's remarkably dumb.
What's dumb is you drawing murderers into the equation. Let me spell it out for you since you can't figure it out for yourself. Murderers are worse and more hated than Richard Sherman.

Last edited:

Its also a *tiny* bit because he's undeniably the best CB in the league 2 years running that he's afforded the platform he's been given :knowledge:
What do you mean? "Its" a tiny bit. What is the "its" you are talking about? Sorry, I've had a few tonight. :)

The guy is great, you're kind of a turn off though. This is a huge rivalry, and he got the best of Crabtree. I'm guessing Crabtree ran his mouth enough to tick Sherman off. Maybe Crabtree is the one who should shut up and play because he's not in Sherman's league.
What I do love about these incidents is that is has a culling affect on the Shark Pool. You get to see people's true colors. Keep thinking Sherman is a great man.

He is better than you. He knows it. I want that in my star corner. If you don't you're insane.

The guy is great, you're kind of a turn off though. This is a huge rivalry, and he got the best of Crabtree. I'm guessing Crabtree ran his mouth enough to tick Sherman off. Maybe Crabtree is the one who should shut up and play because he's not in Sherman's league.
What I do love about these incidents is that is has a culling affect on the Shark Pool. You get to see people's true colors. Keep thinking Sherman is a great man.
i don't want him working in my office, I want him on my football team. Totally different dynamic.

Disclaimers: I am a Stanford graduate and live in Seattle. I am not really a fan of the Seahawks (can't stand Carroll from his USC days), but my son loves them, so I have quasi adopted them. My true allegiance is with the Vikings (masochist that I am).

Anyway, many posters are stating that Stanford folks must be embarrassed. Truth is, most of us are disappointed in this latest outburst. Not because it reflects poorly on the school (I think it just may survive this). But rather because most of us really like that Sherman goes against type. It gets really tiresome when former Stanford players fit stereotypes--Luck is the goofy Amish-looking guy who succeeds due to his perfect memory (and not his underated athleticism), Jonathan Martin is soft and couldn't handle normal locker room culture, Ertz and Fleener are just average athletes, and on and on. Sherman was the antidote to all that. Brash and outspoken, gifted athlete. As a result, we secretly enjoyed most of his schtick. And it is a schtick. This time, he clearly went too far, but it is who he is. Disappointed? Yes. Embarrassed? Hell no. Thug and moron? I do not think those words mean what you think they mean.

proninja said:
proninja said:

OJ Simpson

Rae Carrruth

Pete Rose

Ugeth Urbina

You think the best corner in football being a jerk about being the best corner in football is on the level of murder, and that a smart Stanford grad who is a great teammate, awesome film room guy, and model citizen off the field is as hated as murderers because you don't like how he runs his mouth.

That's remarkably dumb.
What's dumb is you drawing murderers into the equation. Let me spelling out for you since you can't figure it out for yourself. Murderers are worse and more hated than Richard Sherman.
Good. That's my point. So you agree that when you said "he has quickly become the most hated athlete I have ever seen" you were utterly, totally wrong.
proninja said:
proninja said:

OJ Simpson

Rae Carrruth

Pete Rose

Ugeth Urbina

That's remarkably dumb.
What's dumb is you drawing murderers into the equation. Let me spelling out for you since you can't figure it out for yourself. Murderers are worse and more hated than Richard Sherman.
Good. That's my point. So you agree that when you said "he has quickly become the most hated athlete I have ever seen" you were utterly, totally wrong.
. Yeah, I guess I was totally, utterly wrong to the brain dead few in here who can't comprehend the context with which I made the statement. Let me spell it out for you again. Among active, non-murdering athletes Richard Sherman is my most hated player. Does that work for you?

He is better than you. He knows it. I want that in my star corner. If you don't you're insane.
You could be right. But we've seen this before -

Big star who's at or near the top at his position and likes to let everyone know it.

Team's winning? No problems. Eveyrone loves him.

Team starts losing? Loud mouthed star, no matter how good, becomes a cancer to varying degrees.

This doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough to make me want a more respectful guy with talent over the loud, obnoxious one.

Gonna be interesting to see him line up against 88 in two weeks with Manning under center. Slightly different challenge compared to going up against Crabtree fresh off an Achilles injury and Kaepernick throwing it up for grabs.

Who cares if he is a great man. He is a great player, and entertaining in a unique way. This is the NFL. Not the cooking channel.

You might be the SHERMAN of this forum actually, except far less people are fans of yours percentage-wise.

proninja said:
:goodposting:

I'd rather have the brash, opinionated, runs-his-mouth dominant football player than a perfect citizen who can't do his job as well. I've spent too much time rooting for the Mariners, who bring in exceptional citizens that suck at their job. Sherman pissing people off is the least of my concerns. Go win one more game, don't do anything truly awful, and keep on keeping on. :thumbup:
But that's the thing, Pro. They aren't mutually exclusive. There are top players at their positions that are very respectful and set a good example. I think you'd agree that you'd take that, correct?

Don't get me wrong, I guess I'd like Sherman on my team, if my team was hurting at that position, but I'd sure like a guy who "spoke his mind" with respect to others when he did it, also keeping in mind that kids are going to emulate him and his actions.

You could be right. But we've seen this before -Big star who's at or near the top at his position and likes to let everyone know it.

Team's winning? No problems. Eveyrone loves him.

Team starts losing? Loud mouthed star, no matter how good, becomes a cancer to varying degrees.

This doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough to make me want a more respectful guy with talent over the loud, obnoxious one.
Perfectly stated Hoss.

this

proninja said:

I'd rather have the brash, opinionated, runs-his-mouth dominant football player than a perfect citizen who can't do his job as well. I've spent too much time rooting for the Mariners, who bring in exceptional citizens that suck at their job. Sherman pissing people off is the least of my concerns. Go win one more game, don't do anything truly awful, and keep on keeping on. :thumbup:
im much happier with Buster Skrine on my team than that bum! #### him!

Gonna be interesting to see him line up against 88 in two weeks with Manning under center. Slightly different challenge compared to going up against Crabtree fresh off an Achilles injury and Kaepernick throwing it up for grabs.
I think maybe Sherman was over the top because it was the 49ers. That has become a bitter rivalry.

And of course you can flip flop what you just said as well, it will be a slightly different challenge for both 88 and Manning going up against Sherman and the Seattle D, in cold, potentially nasty weather in NY.

proninja said:

im much happier with Buster Skrine on my team than that bum! #### him!
Ouch. I hate seeing fellow Browns fans who would rather suck than have a stud like Sherman and win.

Users who are viewing this thread