What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Selling ready-to-win Dyn team in 12 tm lg; .5ppr; $75 to buy, &#0 (1 Viewer)

pr2010top

Footballguy
Hi guys,

I rebuilt a team in a 12 team ESPN(might be a deal-breaker for many of you) dynasty league basically from scratch in the past two years. This next season will be the league's 6th year of play. My team kind of fell apart last year...6-2 start, 0-6 finish but I don't think I'm overselling this team by calling it ready-to-win now. Just look at the roster in a 12 team league. I'm not just going to walk away from it even though I'd like to focus on another league I just joined with a higher fee. I'd like to sell this at fair value and I'm going to start off asking for $75 for the rights to the team. The league fee is separate in the summer and is $50 per year. Honestly, I don't know if that's too much or about right. If it's not I assume the team won't sell and maybe you'd like to check back as the price will drop. Thanks for looking!

This is a 2 rb, 2wr, 1 te, 1 wr/te league.

I'm not carrying a K or Def right now so I could stock up on position players. Here is the roster.

The bad is I DO NOT have a 1st or 2nd rd pick in the rookie draft.

QB

RG3

EJ Manuel

RB

Ben Tate

Chris Johnson

Trent Richardson

Danny Woodhead

Marcus Lattimore

Darren Sproles

Bilal Powell

WR

A.J. Green

Larry Fitzgerald

Michael Crabtree

Eric Decker

Julian Edelman

Kendall Wright

Mike Wallace

Rueben Randle

TE

Jimmy Graham

Dennis Pitta

Basically you'd need to place once in the money and the transaction would be profitable for you.

Reason I'm leaving: I just joined another dynasty startup I'd like to focus on.

I've already cleared the sale and transfer with my commish, who took about five minutes to respond to my question in the offseason. That should tell you all you need to know about him! BTW, it's a 100% payout in the league, no commish fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested in the league. It's $75, but how much was the buy-in for the league? And is there a link to the league?

He's demonstrating that the commish is on top of things, even in the offseason.
Ha...I guess I can see how you could take that the other way. Yeah guys, I was just saying that I got an instant response from the guy during work hours in the middle of March. Just trying to show that he's on the ball...and I didn't want to go selling the team and then notifying the commish.

Edit: Team is not sold. I tried to clear up all the terms above. Thanks.

I've never seen a team being sold separate from the league fees. This will be interesting.

I don't see paying $125.00 ($75.00 to you and $50.00 for league fees) as a good investment with this so called "ready to win" team. You'd need a couple more "elite" talents for that type of investment from me to even consider such a thing. If someone's willing to give that to you than koudos to you!

This is laughable.

It's like the Yankess having to pay a posting fee to negotiate with Tanaka.

What is this nonsense ?

:wolf:

If this team had a real RB it would be ready to "compete" a nd would still not be a lock for anything. As it stand this team is ready to just make or miss the playoffs.

Well then the price will come down to whatever the fair market price is guys. I'd never heard of selling a fantasy team in the first place, so why not go with a higher price to start. The reason I'm selling it is because I'd rather focus on a more expensive dynasty I've joined...but I don't want to walk away from a top five team in the league. It's also a nice thing to go directly into a sixth year league. It's no fun to join a dynasty and have it break up the next year. I think there's value in the situation. The first interested guy thought it was $75 total...so maybe that's the fair price. Why not watch and see what it goes for in case you ever want to do it. It's really not that big of a deal and nobody is forcing anyone to buy it.

As far as RB's go, yeah when I joined the dynasty I was ecstatic to get Trich at #3...I hope he comes around. At least Brown is gone. Hopefully Tate takes a step as well. The positive of the RB situation is that you can only start a max 2 since the flex is WR/TE.

No offence, but you should probably just do what everyone else does and if you don't want to commit to the league just give up the team and let the commish fill it. If someone is willing to pay you for this "win now" team, all the power to ya. You're basically charging HUGE commission for filling this team.

eNdblu said:
No offence, but you should probably just do what everyone else does and if you don't want to commit to the league just give up the team and let the commish fill it. If someone is willing to pay you for this "win now" team, all the power to ya. You're basically charging HUGE commission for filling this team.
If you'd take the time to read the post directly above you'd see I'm not "charging" anything for the team. I'm letting the market set itself (if there is a market for this team)...if there's not I'll keep it and play like normal. It's not really that big of a deal...nobody is forcing anybody to do anything here. Don't worry no "offence" taken.

Put the team forsale on Ebay, place a link in this thread to the item, start it at $1.00 and we'll see if there is a market for this. But, I think 99.9% of any potential fantasy owner would think that the league fee is included in the price, so you will have to make it clear that it isn't.

The real question is, what do the top teams look like? If the top 3 teams are strong like they are in most leagues around year 6, this team is a boarder line playoff team that will have a tough time winning it all.

Users who are viewing this thread