What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA HOOPS THREAD! -- K petitions to get Maui Jim Maui Invitational moved to Transylvania (1 Viewer)

Who is worse?

• Total voters
nice to hear UWGB being talked about but you can't lose in the semi's of the Horizon and expect to get in on the strength of a very early season win over Virginia

Wichita State got a #1 seed, but their path is ridiculous for a #1......Kentucky then Louisville then Michigan/Duke. That is a brutal path.

Kansas best case 2 for Syracuse but OSU worst case 6. Every team has a tough draw it seems. West looks weakest at first glance.

Okla St vs Arizona is an awesome 2nd round game. Okla St definitely with the talent to win that one
Gonzaga has the efficiency numbers of a 5 seed. Everyone is looking past them and Oklahoma State is the toughest 9 they could've gotten matchup-wise, but it's by no means a sure thing that OK State wins.

Okla St vs Arizona is an awesome 2nd round game. Okla St definitely with the talent to win that one
Gonzaga has the efficiency numbers of a 5 seed. Everyone is looking past them and Oklahoma State is the toughest 9 they could've gotten matchup-wise, but it's by no means a sure thing that OK State wins.
Gonzaga just doesn't pass that eye test for me where as Oklahoma St does. But yeah, anything can happen in one game.

Unbelievable that Tennessee has to play a play-in game. They are 13th on kenpom which equates to 4 seed numbers.

East and West are a joke. The top teams in the South are strong. The Midwest is a nightmare. WTF.

I wasn't too bummed seeing Kentucky as an 8 with Wichita St, but #### when I saw UL as the 4. Seeing Duke and Michigan fill out the bracket... insane.

Unbelievable that Tennessee has to play a play-in game. They are 13th on kenpom which equates to 4 seed numbers.
I am not a big fan of kenpom. Always seems to have a few that I scratch my head on.
Filling out your bracket by kenpom's rakings has shown to be a fairly good bracket model.

Kenpom's numbers are telling, but definitely not everything. I run my own spreadsheets every year for bracket matchups and kenpom maybe factors in 25% in my decisions, but they're about as accurate as there is out there.

So I'm a sports stat nerd. My first of many many bracket models to come is just a 5 minute gut pick without looking at any numbers.

Final 4: Florida, Villanova, Creighton Louisville. I do not like Arizona's region. Don't want to pick Arizona, don't want to put my money on Wisconsin, so who's left? Creighton? Ugh I guess.

Champ: Florida over Louisville. I have a feeling most of my models will have Florida as the champs. I have Louisville there because they are playing unbelievably despite their overall SOS.

This is by no means the bracket I'm using in my pools.

So I'm a sports stat nerd. My first of many many bracket models to come is just a 5 minute gut pick without looking at any numbers.

Final 4: Florida, Villanova, Creighton Louisville. I do not like Arizona's region. Don't want to pick Arizona, don't want to put my money on Wisconsin, so who's left? Creighton? Ugh I guess.

Champ: Florida over Louisville. I have a feeling most of my models will have Florida as the champs. I have Louisville there because they are playing unbelievably despite their overall SOS.

Creighton can't beat good teams unless they are raining threes. Can they do that three straight games after beating their first round cupcake?

Creighton can't beat good teams unless they are raining threes. Can they do that three straight games after beating their first round cupcake?
Yeah, I don't like it either. Hopefully the numbers provide the answers.

Users who are viewing this thread