What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA HOOPS THREAD! -- K petitions to get Maui Jim Maui Invitational moved to Transylvania (4 Viewers)

Who is worse?

• Total voters
The final season for Coach K has started off swimmingly and really excited for this team’s run come April.

And I don’t care your general opinion of him/his style, the return of Dickie V earlier this week for the UCLA/Zags game was worthy of a tear shed or two.  Felt absolutely right in the world to hear the voice of college basketball calling games again

In the Duke / Gonzaga tilt, Bilas just announced that "both of these teams are legit". :lmao:  
I laughed too.  It seemed liked Bilas was implying "as National Championship caliber" but it sounded odd the way it came out.

Really good game - even after all these years and all these wins I still root for the Zags.  I think it’s one of the most remarkable stories building a powerhouse like they have.
Agreed.  The style of play is so, so nice to watch too.  Comparing it to old school coaches running a pack line defense and ten pass offensive sets is night and day.  Both can work in college, but watching one is awesome and the other hurts my eyeballs.  Note: Arizona just made this transition with the move to former Zags assistant coach Tommy Lloyd now running the show in Tuscan...and they're now one of the most watchable teams in college basketball.

Really liking this Duke team.    Banchero is an absolute beast but they have some studs around him.  Williams give them an enforcer down low and they really pressure the ball.   They just need to stay hydrated.   
Williams in the middle really makes that team work.  He reminds me of Capella as a rim-runner that can anchor a defense.  Banchero is as advertised and the team has a toughness to them that will help against top opponents.  Question their guard play a bit, but we'll see how that develops during conference play.

Oh man, they just showed Utah Valley almost upsetting #12 BYU.  That would've been awesome.

Former Dancing to the Stars Winner Mark Madsen is the coach of Utah Valley.

ETA wow, they won it in OT.

Looks like Madsen took them from 11-19 (5-10) in his first year to 11-11 (9-4) and tied for 1st in conference last year (WAC).  They're 7-1 this year.  It will be his last.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two games last night, with very different styles:

Kentucky @ LSU - Talent to spare from both sides with very little precision.  Poor execution in the half-court killed both teams and the game turned into a slopfest.  Will Wade was unhinged at the end of the 1st half and Calipari seems to constantly be yelling at the officials or his own assistants.  Tough watch.  Could tell both are recruit first, coach second types.

UK - Kellan Grady can really shoot the 3.  If he maintains that, it could be the difference between a tourney run and a 2nd round flameout.  Oscar Tshiebwe has the best motor in the country (not just for a big).  Love his effort.

LSU - Eric Gaines surprised me with his skill level, interested to see how he develops.  Same with Brandon Murray.  He has the size that could make him a matchup issue for smaller college lineups.

Oklahoma @ Baylor - Opposite feeling with these two squads vs the game above.  Very well coached on both sides, with clear plans in place on both sides of the ball.  The Bears swarming defense (and inexperience of the younger OU players) forced the Sooners into a slew of turnovers and that was the difference.

Baylor - Absolutely fantastic team.  James Akinjo was awesome at Arizona last season, but he's even better now.  Can get too ball dominant at times, but he's a legit ball handler.  Adam Flagler has such a pure stroke.  Overall team defense is among the best I've seen thus far.

Oklahoma - Tanner Groves gives OU an anchor, he's an underrated passer from the post / elbow.  The Freshman class looks really strong, was most surprised by Bijan Cortez.  He's got that long hair going all over, but his fundamentals are all old school buzz cut.  Great vision.

what a day …

No. 1 Gonzaga at Saint Mary's: lost 67-57.

No. 2 Arizona at Colorado: lost 79-63.

No. 3 Auburn at No. 18 Tennessee: lost 67-62.

No. 4 Purdue at Michigan State: lost 68-65.

No. 5 Kansas at No. 10 Baylor: lost 80-70.

No. 6 Kentucky at No. 18 Arkansas: lost 75-73.

20 minutes of real time to play the last :90 or so of Tennessee/Arkansas.  Pretty fun to watch the zebras gathered around monitors three different times.

Ruins the game.

ACC playing in Brooklyn and having to keep the lights down to not show all the empty seats is one of the funniest things I’ve seen in a while. That conference is a dumpster fire all-around. 

Wow this place is really going down hill fast.  Selection Sunday and no thread talking about the brackets.  

I am shocked that the Big 10 got 9 teams in as I think they are way overrated again and will be betting heavily against all of them except maybe Wisconson.  I love the Big 12 and also like the SEC.  Can't wait for Thursday!

UCLA has a great draw...I'll have them advancing to the Final 4 in all my brackets.  I think they handle Baylor if that region goes chalk(sans UCLA)

Zags have a pretty clear path

Zona gonna get tested by Tennessee if that region goes chalk, but I like AZ(3 of 4 ESPN guys pick AZ to win it all)

Midwest a crapshoot...Auburn probably the highest ceiling, this is the weakest region IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
This is ... odd. Gator fans laughing at Dawg fans who are laughing at signing away their coach (who was a dead man walking) 

White and UF needed a change. Move saves Gators from paying 8 mil buyout.

@PeteThamel: Sources: UGA reached out to Florida around noon today for permission to speak with Mike White. UGA did a Zoom with White and he informed Florida officials he’s leaving a few hours ago. White told his team around 5 pm.

Mick saved this program. We disagree on how good he was, that’s all.
I’d like to maybe point out the fact that I let the world know Mick Cronin was terrible before UCLA hired him.

Apologies in advance to any women on here who are offended by this obvious humorous post. If any sane ends up in your vajajay, it’s unintentional.

Users who are viewing this thread