What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA HOOPS THREAD! -- K petitions to get Maui Jim Maui Invitational moved to Transylvania (1 Viewer)

Who is worse?

• Total voters
East gonna have UVA, Mich St, Villanova, and Iowa St. Also Cincinnati and UNC
Michigan State and Florida are in the Final 4....I am not sure who comes out of the west or midwest.
Michigan State and Florida in the final.....MSU National Champs.....book it.
Care to take bets on MSU vs. Florida in the final?
What kind of odds?
The best.

Michigan State and Florida are in the Final 4....I am not sure who comes out of the west or midwest.
What kind of odds?
The best.
I am all in!

What kind of odds?
You pick 'em. (considering they would meet before the final)

Borzello has the 1-68 S-Curve posted at cbssports.com. I'm too dumb to link to it using a mobile device, but here's the top 16 grouped by region

1 Florida 7 Kansas 10 Syracuse 15 UCLA

2 Arizona 8 Wisconsin 11 Creighton 16 San Diego State

3 Wichita State 6 Michigan 9 Duke 13 Louisville

4 Virginia 5 Villanova 12 Iowa State 16 Michigan State

So yeah, Wichita State got screwed. Their 2-seed was a 1-seed this morning, and they got the best 3-seed and the best 4-seed.

So I'm a sports stat nerd. My first of many many bracket models to come is just a 5 minute gut pick without looking at any numbers.

Final 4: Florida, Villanova, Creighton Louisville. I do not like Arizona's region. Don't want to pick Arizona, don't want to put my money on Wisconsin, so who's left? Creighton? Ugh I guess.

Champ: Florida over Louisville. I have a feeling most of my models will have Florida as the champs. I have Louisville there because they are playing unbelievably despite their overall SOS.

This is by no means the bracket I'm using in my pools.
Creighton can't beat good teams unless they are raining threes. Can they do that three straight games after beating their first round cupcake?
They've done it all season and have the best 3Pt% in the nation.

Doug McDermott is gonna lead Creighton to the Elite 8 AT LEAST. Possible Final Four.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't look good for my wildcats, but an upset over WSU would set up a UK/Louisville sweet 16 matchup in Indy...would be epic.

Borzello has the 1-68 S-Curve posted at cbssports.com. I'm too dumb to link to it using a mobile device, but here's the top 16 grouped by region

So yeah, Wichita State got screwed. Their 2-seed was a 1-seed this morning, and they got the best 3-seed and the best 4-seed.
They could have just flipped Duke and Syracuse on the 3 line and kept pretty close to a true S-Curve.

American Conference got a bump down from pretty much every team.

I'm not saying that's wrong but just my observation. Cincinnati is a dead team walking.

So I'm a sports stat nerd. My first of many many bracket models to come is just a 5 minute gut pick without looking at any numbers.

Final 4: Florida, Villanova, Creighton Louisville. I do not like Arizona's region. Don't want to pick Arizona, don't want to put my money on Wisconsin, so who's left? Creighton? Ugh I guess.

Champ: Florida over Louisville. I have a feeling most of my models will have Florida as the champs. I have Louisville there because they are playing unbelievably despite their overall SOS.
are you ####### kidding?

They could have just flipped Duke and Syracuse on the 3 line and kept pretty close to a true S-Curve.
Fwiw, as the top #3 seed they put Duke in the closest remaining region (Indy is closer to Durham than Memphis).

Pretty dumb reason as that basically assures the region with the most good teams closest to the regional site will end up being loaded.

Shame for UWGB but you got to win that game against Milwaukee I guess. It's a shame though as their top two, and really only two, players were hurt that game. Oh well, go UW.

Fwiw, as the top #3 seed they put Duke in the closest remaining region (Indy is closer to Durham than Memphis).

Pretty dumb reason as that basically assures the region with the most good teams closest to the regional site will end up being loaded.
I thought they would consider Duke's region the South even though Indy is closer. Much like UK 2 years ago when they went South. That said, I think Duke lucked out a bit getting the MW. I think Kansas/Florida is more difficult than Michigan/WSU or Michigan/Louisville.

Well, as a Michigan fan, I must say that we look very shaky. Despite making the Big 10 championship game, we had two very close games and then looked awful today against MSU. Being in what looks to be the hardest region....

Not very optimistic. :(

are you ####### kidding?
let me guess. I dissed your team?

Fwiw, as the top #3 seed they put Duke in the closest remaining region (Indy is closer to Durham than Memphis).Pretty dumb reason as that basically assures the region with the most good teams closest to the regional site will end up being loaded.
I thought they would consider Duke's region the South even though Indy is closer. Much like UK 2 years ago when they went South. That said, I think Duke lucked out a bit getting the MW. I think Kansas/Florida is more difficult than Michigan/WSU or Michigan/Louisville.
The teams have some input on what their preferred sites are, and how much travel distances matter to them. So when the TSC is assembling the bracket, they know whether Duke would rather be placed in Indy or Memphis, and if San Diego State would rather be the 4-seed in Anaheim or the 3-seed in New York.

are you ####### kidding?
you just argued 2 weeks ago that Louisville wasn't in the national championship conversation at all, due to SOS, yet now you have them in the title game?

Some brackets are stronger but for the most part, the strength is distributed. I don't really see many teams with that unfair of a path. Wichita State might have somewhat of a gripe but even then.

2nd round (or 3rd round games) could be difficult for just about anyone. Most 7-10 seeds have at least 1 very good win so if they play well, they could knock off a top team.

MSU and Louisville are tough 4 seeds but someone had to get them. And you only face one side of the other bracket. Maybe the West is weaker but SD State won at KU and Wisconsin might have their best team this year.

TV Schedule. All times Eastern:

FIRST FOUR GAMES

TUESDAY, MARCH 18

6:40, truTV, Dayton: Albany vs. Mount St. Mary's (Brian Anderson/Dan Bonner//Kristine Leahy)

9:10, truTV, Dayton: North Carolina State vs. Xavier (Brian Anderson/Dan Bonner//Kristine Leahy)

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19

6:40, truTV, Dayton: Cal Poly vs. Texas Southern (Kevin Harlan/Len Elmore/Reggie Miller//Rachel Nichols )

9:10, truTV, Dayton: Iowa vs. Tennessee (Kevin Harlan/Len Elmore/Reggie Miller//Rachel Nichols)

ROUND OF 64 GAMES

THURSDAY AFTERNOON, MARCH 20

12:15, CBS, Buffalo: Ohio State vs. Dayton (Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery/Allie LaForce)

12:40, truTV, Milwaukee: Wisconsin vs. American (Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel/Lewis Johnson)

1:40, TBS, Orlando: Colorado vs. Pittsburgh (Anderson/Bonner/Leahy)

2:10, TNT, Spokane: Cincinnati vs. Harvard (Spero Dedes/Doug Gottlieb//Jaime Maggio)

2:45, CBS, Buffalo: Syracuse vs. Western Michigan (Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery/Allie LaForce)

12:40, truTV, Milwaukee: Oregon vs. BYU (Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel/Lewis Johnson)

1:40, TBS, Orlando: Florida vs. Albany/Mount St. Mary's (Anderson/Bonner/Leahy)

2:10, TNT, Spokane: Michigan State vs. Delaware (Spero Dedes/Doug Gottlieb//Jaime Maggio)

THURSDAY EVENING, MARCH 20

6:55, tBS, Buffalo: UConn vs. Saint Joseph's (Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery/Allie LaForce)

7:10, CBS, Milwaukee: Michigan vs. Wofford (Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel/Lewis Johnson)

7:20, TNT, Orlando: Saint Louis vs. N.C. State/Xavier (Anderson/Bonner/Leahy)

7:27, truTV, Spokane: Oklahoma vs. North Dakota State (Spero Dedes/Doug Gottlieb//Jaime Maggio)

9:25, TBS, Buffalo: Villanova vs. Milwaukee (Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery/Allie LaForce)

9:40, CBS, Milwaukee: Texas vs. Arizona State (Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel/Lewis Johnson)

9:50, TNT, Orlando: Louisville vs. Manhattan (Anderson/Bonner/Leahy)

9:57, truTV, Spokane: San Diego State vs. New Mexico State (Spero Dedes/Doug Gottlieb//Jaime Maggio)

FRIDAY AFTERNOON, MARCH 21

12:15, CBS, Raleigh: Duke vs. Mercer (Kevin Harlan/Len Elmore/Rachel Nichols)

12:40, truTV, San Antonio: Baylor vs. Nebraska (Marv Albert/Steve Kerr/Craigh Sager)

1:40, TBS, St. Louis: New Mexico vs. Stanford (Jim Nantz/Greg Anthony/Tracy Wolfson)

2:10, TNT, San Diego: Arizona vs. Weber State (Andrew Catalon/Mike Gminski/Otis Livingston)

2:45, CBS, Raleigh: UMass vs. Iowa/Tennessee winner (Kevin Harlan/Len Elmore/Rachel Nichols)

3:10, truTV, San Antonio: Creighton vs. UL Lafayette (Marv Albert/Steve Kerr/Craigh Sager)
4:10, TBS, St. Louis: Kansas vs. Eastern Kentucky (Jim Nantz/Greg Anthony/Tracy Wolfson)

4:40, TNT, San Diego: Gonzaga vs. Oklahoma State (Andrew Catalon/Mike Gminski/Otis Livingston)

FRIDAY EVENING, MARCH 21

6:55, TBS, Raleigh: Memphis vs. George Washington (Kevin Harlan/Len Elmore/Rachel Nichols)

7:10, CBS, St. Louis: Wichita State vs. Cal Poly/Texas Southern winner (Jim Nantz/Greg Anthony/Tracy Wolfson)

7:20, TNT, San Antonio: North Carolina vs. Providence (Marv Albert/Steve Kerr/Craigh Sager)

7:27, truTV, San Diego: VCU vs. Stephen F. Austin (Andrew Catalon/Mike Gminski/Otis Livingston)

9:25, TBS, Raleigh: Virginia vs. Coastal Carolina (Kevin Harlan/Len Elmore/Rachel Nichols)

9:40, CBS, St. Louis: Kentucky vs. Kansas State (Jim Nantz/Greg Anthony/Tracy Wolfson)

9:50, TNT, San Antonio: Iowa State vs. North Carolina Central (Marv Albert/Steve Kerr/Craigh Sager)

9:57, truTV, San Diego: UCLA vs. Tulsa (Andrew Catalon/Mike Gminski/Otis Livingston)

Seedings from year to year become more questionable. They do not mean what they used to mean and that is not good.

Quit with the stories or matchups and go with a definite standard. Top teams should get the chance to dance.

Seedings from year to year become more questionable. They do not mean what they used to mean and that is not good.

Quit with the stories or matchups and go with a definite standard. Top teams should get the chance to dance.
What was questionable about it? Apart from Louisville which BracketMatrix had as a 3, what is wrong with it?

Brackets take a more holistic approach than the polls. It'd be stupid to go by the polls. And the committee doesn't care much about stories or matchups. The fact is, there would be matchups, rematches, stories, etc regardless b/c of coincidence.

NCAA does not want WSU in the final four again, so much...that they made Louisville A 4 seed and Kentucky an 8 seed. BS.

TV Schedule. All times Eastern:

FIRST FOUR GAMES

TUESDAY, MARCH 18

6:40, truTV, Dayton: Albany vs. Mount St. Mary's (Brian Anderson/Dan Bonner//Kristine Leahy)

9:10, truTV, Dayton: North Carolina State vs. Xavier (Brian Anderson/Dan Bonner//Kristine Leahy)

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19

6:40, truTV, Dayton: Cal Poly vs. Texas Southern (Kevin Harlan/Len Elmore/Reggie Miller//Rachel Nichols )

9:10, truTV, Dayton: Iowa vs. Tennessee (Kevin Harlan/Len Elmore/Reggie Miller//Rachel Nichols)

ROUND OF 64 GAMES

THURSDAY AFTERNOON, MARCH 20

12:15, CBS, Buffalo: Ohio State vs. Dayton (Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery/Allie LaForce)

12:40, truTV, Milwaukee: Wisconsin vs. American (Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel/Lewis Johnson)

1:40, TBS, Orlando: Colorado vs. Pittsburgh (Anderson/Bonner/Leahy)

2:10, TNT, Spokane: Cincinnati vs. Harvard (Spero Dedes/Doug Gottlieb//Jaime Maggio)

2:45, CBS, Buffalo: Syracuse vs. Western Michigan (Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery/Allie LaForce)

12:40, truTV, Milwaukee: Oregon vs. BYU (Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel/Lewis Johnson)

1:40, TBS, Orlando: Florida vs. Albany/Mount St. Mary's (Anderson/Bonner/Leahy)

2:10, TNT, Spokane: Michigan State vs. Delaware (Spero Dedes/Doug Gottlieb//Jaime Maggio)

THURSDAY EVENING, MARCH 20

6:55, tBS, Buffalo: UConn vs. Saint Joseph's (Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery/Allie LaForce)

7:10, CBS, Milwaukee: Michigan vs. Wofford (Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel/Lewis Johnson)

7:20, TNT, Orlando: Saint Louis vs. N.C. State/Xavier (Anderson/Bonner/Leahy)

7:27, truTV, Spokane: Oklahoma vs. North Dakota State (Spero Dedes/Doug Gottlieb//Jaime Maggio)

9:25, TBS, Buffalo: Villanova vs. Milwaukee (Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery/Allie LaForce)

9:40, CBS, Milwaukee: Texas vs. Arizona State (Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel/Lewis Johnson)

9:50, TNT, Orlando: Louisville vs. Manhattan (Anderson/Bonner/Leahy)

9:57, truTV, Spokane: San Diego State vs. New Mexico State (Spero Dedes/Doug Gottlieb//Jaime Maggio)

FRIDAY AFTERNOON, MARCH 21

12:15, CBS, Raleigh: Duke vs. Mercer (Kevin Harlan/Len Elmore/Rachel Nichols)

12:40, truTV, San Antonio: Baylor vs. Nebraska (Marv Albert/Steve Kerr/Craigh Sager)

1:40, TBS, St. Louis: New Mexico vs. Stanford (Jim Nantz/Greg Anthony/Tracy Wolfson)

2:10, TNT, San Diego: Arizona vs. Weber State (Andrew Catalon/Mike Gminski/Otis Livingston)

2:45, CBS, Raleigh: UMass vs. Iowa/Tennessee winner (Kevin Harlan/Len Elmore/Rachel Nichols)

3:10, truTV, San Antonio: Creighton vs. UL Lafayette (Marv Albert/Steve Kerr/Craigh Sager)

4:10, TBS, St. Louis: Kansas vs. Eastern Kentucky (Jim Nantz/Greg Anthony/Tracy Wolfson)

4:40, TNT, San Diego: Gonzaga vs. Oklahoma State (Andrew Catalon/Mike Gminski/Otis Livingston)

FRIDAY EVENING, MARCH 21

6:55, TBS, Raleigh: Memphis vs. George Washington (Kevin Harlan/Len Elmore/Rachel Nichols)

7:10, CBS, St. Louis: Wichita State vs. Cal Poly/Texas Southern winner (Jim Nantz/Greg Anthony/Tracy Wolfson)

7:20, TNT, San Antonio: North Carolina vs. Providence (Marv Albert/Steve Kerr/Craigh Sager)

7:27, truTV, San Diego: VCU vs. Stephen F. Austin (Andrew Catalon/Mike Gminski/Otis Livingston)

9:25, TBS, Raleigh: Virginia vs. Coastal Carolina (Kevin Harlan/Len Elmore/Rachel Nichols)

9:40, CBS, St. Louis: Kentucky vs. Kansas State (Jim Nantz/Greg Anthony/Tracy Wolfson)

9:50, TNT, San Antonio: Iowa State vs. North Carolina Central (Marv Albert/Steve Kerr/Craigh Sager)

9:57, truTV, San Diego: UCLA vs. Tulsa (Andrew Catalon/Mike Gminski/Otis Livingston)
Copied and pasted to the OP. Thanks GB.

are you ####### kidding?
you just argued 2 weeks ago that Louisville wasn't in the national championship conversation at all, due to SOS, yet now you have them in the title game?
2 things, first that was just my gut bracket. I'm sure SOS will pop up again when I actually look at the numbers. 2nd,I actually said that a month ago and that's a long time ago.

I'm basing taking them to the finals on how hot they've been coming off their tournament. I never said they were out of the discussion at all, just that their SOS of 100+ didn't have them battle tested. But after seeing them play in the conference tournament, I'm not sure it will matter much. They're playing extremely well.

No worse than they've ever been. Relax.

Kansas best case 2 for Syracuse but OSU worst case 6. Every team has a tough draw it seems. West looks weakest at first glance.
That's crazy. OSU can't shoot AT ALL. Dream matchup for Cuse and their zone.
Teams that give us the most problems are in the mold of Pittsburgh. Tough, physical man to man d, pass the ball well in the interior and hit the offensive glass. I'd rather see them play a great shooting team over a Pitt, Ohio St, VCU any day. Boeheim baits teams into early three's and then extends the zone and takes those looks away. My list of 9 teams we didn't want to face were Pitt, UConn, Louisville, Ohio St, Florida, VCU, Arizona, Cinci, Virginia. All those teams a bad matchup and we have 4 in the region.

Users who are viewing this thread