What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fargo TV series on FX - season 3 starts TONIGHT 4/19!!! (1 Viewer)

PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Was not expecting the new lady cop to put it together for Gloria.

For a lawyer, Sy handled her visit about as stupidly as possible.
Did they say he was a lawyer? I thought he was simply a business partner.  :shrug:

Nah I'm still enjoying it, it's just not as charismatic. 
I'm kinda "Mike's Day" (meaning i would watch a entire GoPro day of Mike Ermentraut's from BB & BCS) with the Fargo brand right now. It's kind of a great place for a writerhead like me to be, trusting a show so much that you no longer require it to be on the edge of imagination or drama or originality, but just be. Kinda like a chick who's as much fun with a bowl of popcorn as a bottle of tequila.

The other cop left it, something about noticing her license plate number was her lucky number and that she would play it in the Lotto and split the winning if she won. 
Thanks,  Was watching some on my phone without my reading glasses :bag:

The Laura Buxton balloon story is absolutely true. The two Laura's were very similar, down to the patches of color on the fur of the pet hamsters they each owned. 

The only minor thing I'm not sure of is why the cops jumped so fast to brother vs brother. Seemed they hadn't considered the junkie might have targeted his own parole officer for failing his drug test, and screwed up his name and address. Just because of the E in the phone book, but that's still a big jump compared to an idiot/illiterate convict. 
Because of the car "accident"

I love Nikki... keep that face absurd, honey!

"Which one of you is the ####?"

"We can keep ya in the shirt to hide yer....difference"

"Now let's make a sex tap"

Awesome episode.

Of course now Ray will think Sy had those guys beat Nikki up on purpose and Ray will go after Emmitt's wife.

Was mildly disappointed to see Nikki rise from behind the car. Something so Fargo about killing off the the character (and her Theron-quality skinnygirl butt) we most want to see more of. But, like the bronco fella said dere, that's what happens after the cup
Were they implying that she died in the tub?

This season, while still watchable, lacks something that the previous two seasons had.  This installment ends the second people stop behaving like complete imbeciles.  The other seasons had people making dumb decisions, but there was an underlying logic to the whole thing.  This season (again, while watchable) is almost insulting.

This season, while still watchable, lacks something that the previous two seasons had.  This installment ends the second people stop behaving like complete imbeciles.  The other seasons had people making dumb decisions, but there was an underlying logic to the whole thing.  This season (again, while watchable) is almost insulting.
Scale & temperature are the dif. This is a small & petty world, not the grand pastiche of life in the cold S1 & 2 were. I'm OK widdat but not as happy.

Just finished Season 2. I liked it but it wasn't amazing. It was a little flabby over the run of the series. It needed to be a little tighter as storytelling goes. I liked the cast quite a bit.

Yeah things like Emmitt not explaining to his wife that it was his brother in the sex tape irked me. But then the entire episode wouldnt have happened without that leap of faith.

Yeah things like Emmitt not explaining to his wife that it was his brother in the sex tape irked me. But then the entire episode wouldnt have happened without that leap of faith.
At the time she was driving off he had no idea what it was they watched. It wasn't until later, after they left and he viewed it, that we see him in the car talking to his brother.

Still, going to be hard to convince her that it was his brother and not him on the video.. People see what they want to see and unless he gets a confession from his brother the wife is going to think he is full of :bs:

snogger said:
At the time she was driving off he had no idea what it was they watched. It wasn't until later, after they left and he viewed it, that we see him in the car talking to his brother.

Still, going to be hard to convince her that it was his brother and not him on the video.. People see what they want to see and unless he gets a confession from his brother the wife is going to think he is full of :bs:
He had an entire episode to explain it to her 

wikkidpissah said:
Scale & temperature are the dif. This is a small & petty world, not the grand pastiche of life in the cold S1 & 2 were. I'm OK widdat but not as happy.
Which category would you put the movie in?

Statorama said:
after the success of the first 2 seasons its not fair to judge this season until the very end ...it deserves at least that much

Normally that would be fair, but at this point in the other two I was captivated...at this point with this one I'm just frustrated
it has the same feel and style as the first 2...its not as intense as the others but it still has enough twists to keep me guessing...i wouldnt want it to be just like the others  and its asking a lot to expect out of the park home runs 3 seasons in a row...if this one is more like an inside the park home run i can live with that...but thats me ...everyone has different expectations ...i just want a good story 

Users who are viewing this thread