Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Start 2 QB & Superflex Leagues: Discussion and Strategy thread

8 hours ago, Fariq said:

I have a 2-QB league with a $50 entry fee drafting Tuesday night if anyone is interested. 

What hosting site and what are the rest of the league settings?

Now that 3 rounds are in the books, we should have some clarity of options. The top 3 QBs went exactly where everyone expected. RBs & WRs had some interesting landing spots. Some things I'm wondering about are below.

Is 1.01 still Burrows or should consideration be given to CEH now that he's gone to the best situation in football?

Should Swift or Taylor still be ahead of CEH on RB boards?

Where should we target Love and Hurts now that they've gone to clipboard holder status for at least 2020?

How do you see the first 2-3 rounds of rookie drafts shake out? IDP vs. non-IDP differences?

18 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

Now that 3 rounds are in the books, we should have some clarity of options. The top 3 QBs went exactly where everyone expected. RBs & WRs had some interesting landing spots. Some things I'm wondering about are below.

Is 1.01 still Burrows or should consideration be given to CEH now that he's gone to the best situation in football?

Should Swift or Taylor still be ahead of CEH on RB boards?

Where should we target Love and Hurts now that they've gone to clipboard holder status for at least 2020?

How do you see the first 2-3 rounds of rookie drafts shake out? IDP vs. non-IDP differences?

I have been pondering this also.  I think first 2 picks will likely be Burrow and Tua. 

To me the question is where does Herbert fall? 

3? 

5 after CEH and Taylor?  

9 after Dobbins Swift Lamb Jeudy?

I am also wondering how easy it will be trade down in rookie drafts.  I normally like trading down but not sure how easy that will be this year given the depth

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Faust said:

Pick 1.09
Justin Herbert is going to last until 1.11 or even 1.12 in some draft rooms, but if your league is holding a fast draft, pick 1.09 should be your target. Targeting this pick will decrease the chances that you miss out on the Los Angeles Chargers quarterback of the future. Herbert comes at a major discount relative to Joe Burrow, and Tua Tagovailoa. He is going late enough that playoff teams can add to their quarterback depth charts without having to surrender any assets. With that being said, pick 1.09 is still going to be a bit pricey to acquire. There will still be a number of the top rookie receivers available here (and into the second round), while some draft rooms will still have players like Cam Akers and Ke’Shawn Vaughn available here. I held this pick in my most recent superflex rookie draft, and the top trade targets from owners seeking the pick were indeed Herbert and Akers. 

I just found this advice to be interesting as in the 2 QB poll Herbert won at pick 1.07

• Like 1

SF league that’s drafting right now I was able to get Burrows at 1.2. Tua went 1.4 and Herbert went 1.9. 
CEH went 1.1 so I was very happy to be able to take burrows. Otherwise I was probably taking Tua

• Thinking 1

12 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

I just found this advice to be interesting as in the 2 QB poll Herbert won at pick 1.07

All SF leagues are not the same, but in my dynasty SF league, I have the 1.6 pick, and I don't expect any of Burrow, Tua, or Herbert to be available at that point. QBs are GOLD in that league.

On 5/4/2020 at 12:58 PM, Bfrahm3 said:

SF league that’s drafting right now I was able to get Burrows at 1.2. Tua went 1.4 and Herbert went 1.9. 
CEH went 1.1 so I was very happy to be able to take burrows. Otherwise I was probably taking Tua

In mine it was Burrow 1.1, Tua 1.2, Herbert 1.4

8 hours ago, tangfoot said:

In mine it was Burrow 1.1, Tua 1.2, Herbert 1.4

My SF dynasty hasn't drafted yet, but I expect it to go like this. I have the 6th pick and would definitely take any of those 3 QBs if they fall to me, but I'm not expecting that.

What kind of prices can I expect to pay for an aging veteran QB?

Somebody like Rivers/Brady/Brees

8 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

They are usually fairly cheap.  Totally depends on who has them and if they are contenders, rebuilding, or have decent options already at QB and can afford to move the older guy.

Now is probably the best time to try and acquire as they may be interested in shiny new toys.  I would search out for the guy that has QB options and needs help somewhere else and just ask what they want. 

The problem is most people with these type QB's think they can get more than other's are willing to pay so sometimes the gap between buyer and seller is sometimes bigger than you would like.  That is what makes this tough.  Once you show interest the price will probably go up.

1 hour ago, tangfoot said:

I traded Rodgers in 2 superflex leagues this month.

Sent Rodgers + 4.08 to a contender for their 1.11 in one league on Monday.

A few weeks ago I was offered McLaurin straight up for him which I didn't think was enough so I ended up sending Rodgers + Gurley + Calais Campbell for N'Keal Harry + 2.04 (Ruggs) + Trubisky on an orphan I picked up that needs a rebuild. Most league-mates felt it was a lopsided deal but it was only the one other owner that made offers on him. Market is not great. You need a contender that has hope Rodgers will play with a chip on his shoulder. I don't like his situation at all and was happy to ship him off in both cases.

24 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

A few weeks ago I was offered McLaurin straight up for him which I didn't think was enough so I ended up sending Rodgers + Gurley + Calais Campbell for N'Keal Harry + 2.04 (Ruggs) + Trubisky on an orphan I picked up that needs a rebuild. Most league-mates felt it was a lopsided deal but it was only the one other owner that made offers on him. Market is not great. You need a contender that has hope Rodgers will play with a chip on his shoulder. I don't like his situation at all and was happy to ship him off in both cases.

I’d prefer McLaurin straight up, but it’s close

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 3:58 PM, Flying Elvis said:

I don't like either of those deals in a SF league.  I think that is way underselling although I do understand the frustration of trying to trade QB's in any league.  If you really wanted out from under Rodgers for whatever reason sometimes you just gotta pull the trigger.  Personally, I would have left it alone because i don't see the value and I would have waited until mid season when someone may be desperate and could have gotten a better haul (maybe).

On 5/20/2020 at 7:24 PM, Edgar said:

I’d prefer McLaurin straight up, but it’s close

This is crazy talk in my SF league. QBs are gold in that league. Rodgers >>>>>>> McLaurin in that league.

• Thanks 1