What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Suicide Squad - DC Comics - Aug 5th (1 Viewer)

Insein

Footballguy
DC is trying to pull off their own "Guardians of the Galaxy" magic with their eclectic group of anti-heroes the Suicide Squad.

So I admit to only knowing a little bit about the suicide squad but I do know some of the characters in it (Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Joker as a villain). After reading up on it, I am excited. This could be DCs big chance that finally pays off. They've got some big names onboard. Will Smith, Tom Hardy, Margo Robbie.

Anybody that's a fan have any idea how this will be?

Last edited by a moderator:
The gamble isn't going thru with the movie. The gamble is in A) having it so early in the D.C. Universe movie timeline and B) investing names like Will Smith to it. Attaching names like that to it indicates that they expect big things from it..... If it fails and it's that early in the timeline, it could hit the whole project with a negative perception. GoG was a gamble for Marvel and they were smart enough not to run it as their second or third movie; they waited until it could afford to get buried to release it.

I don't question the decision to do it. I do question the decision to do it immediately after BvS.
They're desperate. Marvel is owning them.
I don't know.....DC has nice success on television and two second and third Batman movies grossed more than any other comic book movie except for The Avengers. They flubbed a bit on Superman (IMO...should have went with an actor with more name recognition)....but that even grossed 300 mil.

I don't get the need for a name actor. If the story is engaging then the actors are secondary. I'd invest in a top notch writer and director first.

RDJ was on the downside prior to Iron Man. No one had ever heard of Helmsworth before Thor, etc.

The comics have been great since the 'reboot'. But DC film making has always been spotty. I won't hold my breath.

I hope the blonde doesn't die in the movie. She's nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Margo Robbie. She's the chick from the wolf of wall street. And Harley Quinn is probably the 3rd or 4th most popular Batman character these days. So its doubtful she goes any where.

Margo Robbie. She's the chick from the wolf of wall street. And Harley Quinn is probably the 3rd or 4th most popular Batman character these days. So its doubtful she goes any where.
By the picture I thought she was the mindboggler character with the belt and ripped shirt. That's good its not her.

Too bad they do not incorporate the actors that play those roles on the CW's series. They already have the Suicide Squad running in Arrow.

Too bad they do not incorporate the actors that play those roles on the CW's series. They already have the Suicide Squad running in Arrow.
An error occurredYou have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Why do they release it to Comicon and then don't release it officially to the web like an hour later? I get that they want it to hit ComiCon first.....but it doesn't make sense for their first web presence to be a fan shot video. Once that video hit....they need to officially release it.

Looks decent...unfortunately doesn't look like Will Smith dies in the first few minutes so I guess I'll have to deal with his terrible acting

Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn though... :wub:

We host one of the sites that got the trailer first. To say that the interest in this thing (based on viral traffic today) is high would be an understatement. Absolutely crushed our servers for hours, Even more than the Star Wars trailer a couple months ago.

Trailer wasn't all that impressive to me. And I'm into all of these movies.

Question - is in the same universe of the Superman thing? I heard him mentioned in the timeline. And is Batman in it? It looked like he was jumping on a car or something.

It's not fair, but I can't help compare Ledger's Joker to Leto's, and it doesn't seem close.

Question - is in the same universe of the Superman thing? I heard him mentioned in the timeline. And is Batman in it? It looked like he was jumping on a car or something.

It's not fair, but I can't help compare Ledger's Joker to Leto's, and it doesn't seem close.
Yes, same universe as Man of Steel and the upcoming Batman vs. Superman movie.

i think that was just a guy in a batman mask

Same here. The trailer was a little disappointing. I will say though the Leto looked cool as the Joker and the Margot chick looked good.

Affleck in credits as Bruce Wayne / Batman

Nope, he's on top of the car that Harley Quinn is driving in the trailer

Users who are viewing this thread