What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Suicide Squad - DC Comics - Aug 5th (1 Viewer)

Great movie.  Really liked it.  And I have hated most of this recent DC stuff except for wonder woman.   James Gunn is the man

Really enjoyed it. Over the top gore and violence. It is so interesting to see Cena's range,  cocky, yet he plays it in such a self-deprecating kind of way. Not giving anything away here, but the scene where he spends the entire monologue in nothing but his tighty whities, had to be hard to pull off with a straight face.  I want to watch it again just to see some of the back and forth dialogue between him and Elba. It had almost a Deadpool pace in how the lines were delivered.   

It was good to see Harley Quinn be the badass she should have been in the first move and not some love struck girl longing for her boyfriend. 

And boy is Daniela Melchior as Ratcatcher 2 easy on the eyes. link

It is a little long, but I really liked it. 

Marvel did more or less the same with Bana's HULK and Norton's INCREDIBLE HULK.  It can be seen as a sequel, as there are relationships/events in the first movie that are apparent in the second movie.......but they're not saying it's a direct sequel.   

This was a million times better than the one from a few years ago.   It's probably my favorite recent DC movie effort

My only complaint would have been the manner in which they introduced and then summarily eliminated most of the cast.  Kind of feel that they might have done a better job in fleshing out the idea that Waller was basically throwing that one squad away so the other could have succeded.  Also kind of surprised at the late movie deaths as I thought both characters were interesting enough to keep for a potential sequel.

That being said, DC doesn't have a shortage of stupid Z Level villains....there's enough of them for 12 movies.

Just saw this in the theater today....it was good.  Honestly, not sure if the first one was worse though.  King Shark was cool but I think Killer Croc > King Shark.

And I think I'm annoyed with Harley Quinn now.  The voice is kinda annoying. 

Big fan of Idris and yeah, the Ratcatcher girl was great along with Cena.

Definitely worth a watching overall.

Weasel looks like he's on meth.  He could have been played by Steve Buscemi, imo.
"You know what, Steve? Sitting in makeup every morning for six hours blows ... you can just do the scenes out of costume. Ehh, they'll fix in post. Don't worry about it ..."

Weasel looks like he's on meth.  He could have been played by Steve Buscemi, imo.
He is played by the director's brother and you probably know him from Guardians of the Galaxy as the sidekick to Yondu, which was oddly Michael Rooker who played Savant in this movie as well, 

He is played by the director's brother and you probably know him from Guardians of the Galaxy as the sidekick to Yondu, which was oddly Michael Rooker who played Savant in this movie as well, 
Sean Gunn, he also plays Rocket for a lot of motion capture scenes in MCU films too.

I went into this with such low expectations but it wound up being a pretty fun watch with all of the wtf moments...

It’s not a great movie - but it’s about the best suicide squad movie that you can get.

probably an 8 in general and a 9 for suicide squad movie

SS is going to suffer due to lack of depth of origins and no great comic story or villain to draw from

I really liked it. Didn't have high expectations, but man, what a fun ride. My wife liked it too, so that was good.

My only complaint would have been the manner in which they introduced and then summarily eliminated most of the cast.  Kind of feel that they might have done a better job in fleshing out the idea that Waller was basically throwing that one squad away so the other could have succeded.  Also kind of surprised at the late movie deaths as I thought both characters were interesting enough to keep for a potential sequel.

That being said, DC doesn't have a shortage of stupid Z Level villains....there's enough of them for 12 movies.
Did you watch the end credits scenes? Some survived, I'll leave it at that :)

Users who are viewing this thread