What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (19 Viewers)

I have no idea what the point of either exercise was.
The point was to see if you were a big enough rube to fall for their lowball crap.

Congrats though.  You won.

They figure you'll be so wowed by them in person you'll change your clearly stated criteria. 

I'm sure there are some in your situation who feel flattered by the whole ordeal they end up talking themselves into a lower price than they started with because of the environment/workplace/city life/whatever. 
Or, y'know....this.

DA RAIDERS said:
think cheesecake factory style menu (we never eat there)  but that style.  everything from eggs benedict to kung pao shrimp and everything between.  in my mind, i think that none of it must be good.  or that fresh. :X  
We are absolutely identical in this.  If you have 60 items on your menu, you probably are serving about 58 ####ty items.  But its impossible to know which 58 are lousy, and you can't just use the ol' "don't buy trout from a steakhouse" measuring stick when you can't even begin to guess if the place is a barbecue joint, or a fried chicken shack, or a seafood place.

Food trucks and "abuela's kitchens" get it....make three or four things, but freaking OWN them.  Throw a handful of sides in there that pair nicely with the entrees.  Get a decent drink list.  Profit.

Speaking of drinks, I should have purchased more scotch earlier.

Frequent travelers, mostly people that fly a lot @krista4 etc........ My wife just spent 2 weeks in North Carolina helping her niece after her sister died. She flew home from Greenville, NC to Charlotte, then to Wis. Last night opening her luggage (A checked bag) there was a notice inside from TSA stating her checked bag was opened and checked..... WTF ? When did this start happening? I had no clue this was a thing. Doesn't look like anything is missing, but, and I realize safety nowadays is a must, so I'm not angry, just that neither of us had ever experienced this before. Is this new?

Frequent travelers, mostly people that fly a lot @krista4 etc........ My wife just spent 2 weeks in North Carolina helping her niece after her sister died. She flew home from Greenville, NC to Charlotte, then to Wis. Last night opening her luggage (A checked bag) there was a notice inside from TSA stating her checked bag was opened and checked..... WTF ? When did this start happening? I had no clue this was a thing. Doesn't look like anything is missing, but, and I realize safety nowadays is a must, so I'm not angry, just that neither of us had ever experienced this before. Is this new?
No. They've been doing it for awhile. It's why I always leave a giant printout of 2G1C for their prying eyes.

That’s not new, it happens a good bit. 

Yesterday’s diet consisted of an English muffin, 3 fried eggs and what some would consider an offensive amount of beer and whiskey. 

The scale today is 7 poinds less than yesterday.

my diet book will be released next week 
Maybe you can trade a copy for "DIY Home Scale Repairs"

uh, about 2001. 

I flew to California from Chicago after my grandfather died to scatter his ashes up on June Mountain. Had to take Papa with me in the suitcase. He was in a pewter/metal urn. I knew damn well they would see this giant metal cylinder object on the X-ray and open up my suitcase so after wrapping the thing in bubble wrap and multiple layers of plastic wrap and tape I taped a not to it - ‘Human Remains. Please Do Not Disturb’

When we got to California I opened the suitcase and sure enough - TSA note was in there with a hand written note at the bottom of the form letter ‘we didn’t touch it. Sorry for your loss.’

Then on the way back we couldn’t fit the now empty urn back in the suitcase so I tossed it in a dumpster behind an IHOP in Oakland lol. 

It’s a very meaningful area for my family. My mom and dad met there. My dad skied the mountain. My grandparents lived there for 15 years. They owned the Union 76 station in Lee Vining in the 70s (the one right on the other side of Tioga Pass - not sure what is is now). 

My grandmother, grandfather and dad are all scattered up there. 
Cool. I grew up skiing Mammoth and June.  Lots of great memories in that area.

It’s a very meaningful area for my family. My mom and dad met there. My dad skied the mountain. My grandparents lived there for 15 years. They owned the Union 76 station in Lee Vining in the 70s (the one right on the other side of Tioga Pass - not sure what is is now). 

I have a buddy that grew up in Bishop.  His grandparents owned the hardware store there.  

My old MP3 player has the strangest quirk (I don't use my phone for music because I can't afford to drop it and break it - I need it for work).  Years ago I burned all of my CDs into my computer and have saved it on external hard drives, so I have a few thousand songs stored.  I like to have my music on random shuffle.  It always starts with the last song I was listening to, which is fine, but I would expect all of the following songs to be random.  However, for some reason, the 2nd song always played is a U2 song called "40" and then the 3rd song and the following songs would be randomly chosen.  I really hate that U2 song at this point and skip past it now.

My old MP3 player has the strangest quirk (I don't use my phone for music because I can't afford to drop it and break it - I need it for work).  Years ago I burned all of my CDs into my computer and have saved it on external hard drives, so I have a few thousand songs stored.  I like to have my music on random shuffle.  It always starts with the last song I was listening to, which is fine, but I would expect all of the following songs to be random.  However, for some reason, the 2nd song always played is a U2 song called "40" and then the 3rd song and the following songs would be randomly chosen.  I really hate that U2 song at this point and skip past it now.
Hooooooooow lonnnnnnggg....to sing this song.

I went to a Catholic HS.  In my Jr year Theology class the teacher would make us take turns giving a “devotion” at the beginning of class.  You were supposed to find a passage or quote about Jebus and read it to the class.  We had to do it like once a month. And you would lose points if you didn’t do it or did it half assed.

I ALWAYS forgot when it was my turn.  

One day I walked into class and saw that it was my turn.  I started to panic but then has a brainstorm.  I told the teacher I forgot my “devotion” in my locker and ran out to get it.

I came back with my “War” cassette and read off the lyrics to”40”.

I think I got a B-.

Thanks, Bono!

Up here now. I'll pay my respects. 

Been happening for a long time.

Thx man. I know you love it up there. I’m going first week of August. My youngest daughters name is June. Gonna bring her up there. 

If you’re in June Lake grab a beer at the Tiger Bar. 
Really enjoyed the June lake brewery. There's a Hawaiian food truck in the parking lot, serving some pretty good food. It was very fun 

happens all the time.    welcome to america post 9-11

I was gonna send a thumbs up emoji to a colleague in Morocco over Skype but then I recalled that’s like a middle finger some places (or at least I think it is)

Paul McCartney, Pete Townsend, and Mick Jagger were comparing gifts that they had received over the years. Paul showed the other two a ring made with jewels cut and fitted into the shape of a beetle and said he had received it from the Queen as a thank you for sharing his music. They both agreed it was impressive.

Pete Townsend showed the other two a necklace with gold letters an inch high that spelled 'Tommy' and said that he received it as a thank you for composing the rock opera. They both agreed it was impressive.

Mick Jagger then showed the other two a loaf of brown bread and said that he had received it after concerts in North Africa. Paul and Pete said that it was nice but not as impressive as their gifts.

Mick said 'I know, it's only a Moroccan roll but I like it'

Might have mentioned a sweet sweet ganglion cyst that appeared out of nowhere on my left wrist about year and half ago.  Somebody here suggested slamming it with a giant book and I tried that about a year ago when my sister was dating this behemoth of a man but he was unsuccessful.  

Well, we tried again Friday with my neighbor buddy who had a lot of liquid courage flowing through his blood stream, as did I.  Went and retrieved the giant atlas, put my hand down flat on the countertops and braced myself.  *WHAM* down came the book and nothing happened.  I gave him one more shot and *WHAM*!!!!  Gone!  It just....exploded inside my hand.  My buddy freaked out, ran outside and barfed.  But, it's gone.  Oh sure, I'm a little bruised up and swollen and I'm sure there's a blood clot floating around inside of me somewhere, but my left wrist is no longer unsightly.

TA DA!

General Malaise said:
Might have mentioned a sweet sweet ganglion cyst that appeared out of nowhere on my left wrist about year and half ago.  Somebody here suggested slamming it with a giant book and I tried that about a year ago when my sister was dating this behemoth of a man but he was unsuccessful.  

Well, we tried again Friday with my neighbor buddy who had a lot of liquid courage flowing through his blood stream, as did I.  Went and retrieved the giant atlas, put my hand down flat on the countertops and braced myself.  *WHAM* down came the book and nothing happened.  I gave him one more shot and *WHAM*!!!!  Gone!  It just....exploded inside my hand.  My buddy freaked out, ran outside and barfed.  But, it's gone.  Oh sure, I'm a little bruised up and swollen and I'm sure there's a blood clot floating around inside of me somewhere, but my left wrist is no longer unsightly.

TA DA!
And why on earth wasn't there a video of this epic and comedic adventure?!!?

Treatment options include watchful waiting, splitting the affected joint, needle aspiration, or surgery.[3] About half the times they resolve on their own.[4] About 3 per 10,000 people newly develop ganglion of the wrist or hand a year.[5] They most commonly occur in young and middle aged females.[3] Trying to treat the lesion by hitting it with a book is discouraged.[4]
RIP GB GM

Users who are viewing this thread