What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (7 Viewers)

Get ready for your $10.50 Old Styles!!
Well, I pay through the nose at Blazer games for beer, so that won't bother me.  Plus, a day game, I'm hoping my 'thirst' for booze will somewhat tamped down.  I dunno, this has been a lifelong dream of mine, so I'm hoping it's worth it.  I don't really do too much in the way of travel or hobbies anymore, so I'm pretty geeked up over this.

Sooo....."Saks Down Under" is the Aussie version of Saks 5th Avenue?  Or is it a Saks outlet that only sells drawahs and such?

Last edited by a moderator:
I caught a White Sox game a couple of years ago.  My bulletproof vest cost about the same.
I went about 10 years ago, it was a day game.  I do remember some shady character trying to show us a shortcut down an alley, but then i saw some other people going that way and realized it was legit

Well, I pay through the nose at Blazer games for beer, so that won't bother me.  Plus, a day game, I'm hoping my 'thirst' for booze will somewhat tamped down.  I dunno, this has been a lifelong dream of mine, so I'm hoping it's worth it.  I don't really do too much in the way of travel or hobbies anymore, so I'm pretty geeked up over this.
The stupid thing is you can pay $10.50 for an Old Style or Bud Light, or $11.50 for a Goose Island.  So it is only an extra dollar to go from pee water to a decent beer.

The bleachers are fun to sit in.  Depending on the opposing outfielder you can get some interaction.  Cubs against Astros years back, Lance Berkman playing LF, crowd was teasing him about his weight, as he ran out to start an inning someone threw down a package of Twinkies.  He opened it, ate one and put the other in his pocket, turned around and thanked the guy.

Playoff game against the Braves in 2003 guy next to my friend was passed out and slumped against my buddy by the end of the first inning.

The stupid thing is you can pay $10.50 for an Old Style or Bud Light, or $11.50 for a Goose Island.  So it is only an extra dollar to go from pee water to a decent beer.

The bleachers are fun to sit in.  Depending on the opposing outfielder you can get some interaction.  Cubs against Astros years back, Lance Berkman playing LF, crowd was teasing him about his weight, as he ran out to start an inning someone threw down a package of Twinkies.  He opened it, ate one and put the other in his pocket, turned around and thanked the guy.

Playoff game against the Braves in 2003 guy next to my friend was passed out and slumped against my buddy by the end of the first inning.
That is awesome!

How bad will it be?  My 15 and 14 year olds aren't phased by poor behavior, but we won't be accosted or anything, will we?
I spent the better part of 8 years attending most every Cards-Cubs game with bleacher tickets, as a Cardinals fan, drunkenly jawing with drunk Cubs fans and only ever had one incident.  And that was because my boss got too hammered and went a little too far with two gigantic Cardinals fans who were not amused.  By anything.  In their entire lives.

The bleachers at Wrigley are a bar with the largest cover charge you'll ever likely pay. There just happens to be a really big screen with the game on once you get there. Some people even notice/watch it.  Tell the boys to enjoy the boobs and midriff.  The biggest concern you should have is third degree burns baking in the sun.

I spent the better part of 8 years attending most every Cards-Cubs game with bleacher tickets, as a Cardinals fan, drunkenly jawing with drunk Cubs fans and only ever had one incident.  And that was because my boss got too hammered and went a little too far with two gigantic Cardinals fans who were not amused.  By anything.  In their entire lives.

The bleachers at Wrigley are a bar with the largest cover charge you'll ever likely pay. There just happens to be a really big screen with the game on once you get there. Some people even notice/watch it.  Tell the boys to enjoy the boobs and midriff.  The biggest concern you should have is third degree burns baking in the sun.
And if they have GM's pigment, that will happen even if its only 60 out.

good luck with that.  i was thrown out of murphy's, before a day game.  snuck back in and slipped the bartender a $50, so i could keep drinking with my buddies.   :bowtie:

You'll have a good time. 

popped up here a couple years back.

basically, if there's a business on the verge of bankruptcy, if it's model is aggregating random cheap goods and selling them at "discount" prices and/or it can dump the unsellable crap and far out of fashion items in this market.... we have that store & within 6 months of its grand opening here, a national story will run about the parent company going out of business and all its stores closing.

:confetti: 
love the Gordmans.  Great sport socks for $1/pair or less.  Name brand golf shirts and shorts.  

Our closed last year.  :rant:

good luck with that.  i was thrown out of murphy's, before a day game.  snuck back in and slipped the bartender a $50, so i could keep drinking with my buddies.   :bowtie:
Before a day game is impressive. I was kicked out of El Jardin one night after a game. Happened to have a change of clothes in my friend's car because we were crashing at someone's apartment in the neighborhood. Went to the car, stripped down to my underwear in the middle of the street and changed. Walked right back into the bar and :hifive: the bouncer that just kicked me out as I repaid my $5 cover charge. 

My wife and sons tend to keep me between the lines, GB.
our trip was a drunken corn hole of 8 dudes that flew in from all over the country.  the most sober i was the entire 4 days, was as i boarded my flight at 8am.  one guy was tight with a big wig at Budweiser and we had seats, 8 rows behind the visiting dugout(dodgers) for all 3 games that weekend.  tommy lasorda was right in front of us.  one of my buddies looks a bit too much like OJ Simpson, and by the 4th inning, of the first game, chants of GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY, rained down on us constantly.  it was so f'ing funny and my buddy, HATED it.  which made it funnier. :lmao:  

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading the Shark Pool and taking a look at the politics forum, I am now convinced that this is the website where common sense bends over and grabs its ankles.  This is one of the only readable threads here.

Just purchased four tickets to the Cubs game July 6th.  In the outfield bleachers.  GA.  Any guesses on the total including about 9 layers of taxes and fees?  

Chicago is going to financially ruin me in ways 5 kids have not, isn't it?
Yes...you are ####ed.   Let's meet for a beer to discuss your plans.   

Amy Taylor‏ @amytaylor1

Client (shoving Scrubbing Bubbles and Formula 409 back under my kitchen sink, visibly angry): OK all I’m saying Amy is maybe you shouldn’t have said you offer GFE because some of us are gonna get the wrong idea and lemme tell you this has been a big letdown

Tanner you aren't a redneck. Trust me.

GM have fun. It will be awesome and safe. 

I hate the Aflac duck and Jamie from progressive. I hope they get in a car with the duck driving and slide under a gas truck

I left the house with the TV on whatever was playing basketball (TBS?), then came home and turned it on and find that there's a version of the Joker's Wild with Snoop Dogg as the host.  Apparently this has been a thing for a while?  And no one told me?

In other news, apparently we are the anti- @RedmondLonghorn family.  You know how we're building a house?  I found out yesterday that it's now due to be finished three months AHEAD of schedule.  For many people this would be a good thing, but for me it is a ####### nightmare.  Not ready to move, sell the one we're in, etc.  

In other other news, I had a tiny ding in my windshield that I took to Safelite for putting some #### on it so it wouldn't spread.  Guy plopped some resin on and BAM!  Now have an eight-inch crack in the windshield.  Neat.

In other news, apparently we are the anti- @RedmondLonghorn family.  You know how we're building a house?  I found out yesterday that it's now due to be finished three months AHEAD of schedule.  For many people this would be a good thing, but for me it is a ####### nightmare.  Not ready to move, sell the one we're in, etc.  

In other other news, I had a tiny ding in my windshield that I took to Safelite for putting some #### on it so it wouldn't spread.  Guy plopped some resin on and BAM!  Now have an eight-inch crack in the windshield.  Neat.
3 months ahead of time would set off some alarms for me.  How many corners are being cut?

WTF.

We continue to collect dogs like you and Mr. Krista collect cats (and houses). Adopted Lola, a grouchy and matronly 6 year old corgi and our long term foster pup, Sky (a German Shepherd), is due here in a few weeks. That will make 4 dogs total (2 GSDs and 2 corgis).

Safelite repairs,....Safelite RE-#######-PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread