What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (17 Viewers)

So, shuke designs/patents medical devices, but cant figure out a way to get more than 15 suckers into a human mouth at once?  Sounds like someone needs to hit Solidworks a little bit harder this weekend!

Seriously though, what kinda devices we talking here anyway?  Im legitimately interested.  A friend of mine and I have talked off and on about exploring getting more 3D work in the medical/healthcare field and device stuff is usually one of the things mentioned by pros we've talked with (i assume theres a lot of pre viz/prototyping?).
Spent last 20 years in orthopedics implants - joint replacements and plating systems.  New job is a drug delivery device.

Yes, a lot of prototyping.  Am I supposed to know what pre viz means?

No real dignity to the story, unfortunately. I was outside with my son and horsing around in the snow. I slipped on some ice and faceplanted into the sidewalk. I have a huge black eye, mild concussion that gave me crazy vertigo for a few days, the swelling around my eye is bad enough that it's pressing against a batch of nerves in my cheek and causing some numbness along the cheek, left side of my nose, and left side of my upper lip. i had a MRI today because there is some question of bone(s) broken around the eye socket, cheek, and/or brain pan.

i'm mostly feeling like myself except for the numbness thing. my boy tells me I'm no longer able to call myself "pretty" after this.   
### ####, man. be careful out there. we aren't young anymore.

who knew puzzles could be so addicting

bought and finished my first one this week. 1000 piece. clicking that last piece in was oddly satisfying and disappointing at the same time.
Bought my son a 1000 piece Star Wars one last Christmas.  I find them soul-soothing.  

you understand that if you're unsatisfied with the amount of food shuke can stuff in his mouth, you have recourse, right?  let's see 16 suckers in your mouth, my friend.   youtube is a lot easier than installing netflix
I'm just a YouTube EatingTM fan, hoss.   I'll leave 16+ items to the actual YouTube EatingTM pros.

I'll be your Huckleberry drug delivery device
Hmmm.  "Drug delivery device" does come off kinda coke mule-esque.  NTTAWWT.

Spent last 20 years in orthopedics implants - joint replacements and plating systems.  New job is a drug delivery device.

Yes, a lot of prototyping.  Am I supposed to know what pre viz means?
"Pre-visualization" any better? :)  

If not, then I can try and explain further.  It can encompass a lot of things, really, but what I was referring to would be the creation of whatever items you may be designing virtually prior to actually burning real money on physical prototypes.  3D renderings, conceptual drawings, sometimes animations of the device/product in action, etc, etc.   That sorta thing.  Most pre viz I've been involved with producing typically was used in the early stages of developments for products to help secure investors/"generate hype"/what have you when the physical item didn't exist yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
who knew puzzles could be so addicting

bought and finished my first one this week. 1000 piece. clicking that last piece in was oddly satisfying and disappointing at the same time.
How many Werther's Originals did you consume during this marathon?  Maybe rewarded yourself with a half a stick of Freedent after you'd finished?  Let the family know about it via an electrical text entry on your Jitterbug wireless telegraph?

How many Werther's Originals did you consume during this marathon?  Maybe rewarded yourself with a half a stick of Freedent after you'd finished?  Let the family know about it via an electrical text entry on your Jitterbug wireless telegraph?
i was 6 hot toddies deep by the end. curled up with my Reader's Digest and Lawrence Welk as a reward.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
No real dignity to the story, unfortunately. I was outside with my son and horsing around in the snow. I slipped on some ice and faceplanted into the sidewalk. I have a huge black eye, mild concussion that gave me crazy vertigo for a few days, the swelling around my eye is bad enough that it's pressing against a batch of nerves in my cheek and causing some numbness along the cheek, left side of my nose, and left side of my upper lip. i had a MRI today because there is some question of bone(s) broken around the eye socket, cheek, and/or brain pan.

i'm mostly feeling like myself except for the numbness thing. my boy tells me I'm no longer able to call myself "pretty" after this.   
dude... 

:(

Heard today that Frampton is going to have to stop touring after this year.

eta link
Saw him last year and was by far the worst show I've ever seen. Had three long sessions where he talked, and talked, and talked, and talked about really nothing that destroyed any music vibe that was happening.

Saw him last year and was by far the worst show I've ever seen. Had three long sessions where he talked, and talked, and talked, and talked about really nothing that destroyed any music vibe that was happening.
Sounds like the Counting crows show I walked out of last summer. Really went to see Live, but for some reason, they were the opener for CC. Once CC came on, all the dude did was yammer on. Just play August and get off the stage.

whatever happened to that guy who chronicled his trips to all the rub & tugs around the country?

was that here? was that at the cage? did i imagine that?

geezus ...I can't remember the last time I heard this 😄
Hey Jack, what's happenin'?
Oh, I don't know
Well, rumor around town is that you might be thinkin' 'bout goin' down to the shore
Yeah, I think I’m gonna go down to the shore

What ya gonna do down there?
Oh, I don't know
Play some video games, buy some Def Leppard T-shirts
Don't forget your Motley Crüe T-shirt!
You know all proceeds go to get their lead singer outta jail

Uh-huh
Can't wait to go down. Hey uh, were ya gonna check out the sand bar while you’re down there?
Uh, what's the Sand Bar?
It’s a place that lets sixteen year-old kids drink
Oh, cool

Yeah, hey, guess who's gonna be there?
Uh, I dunno. who?
My favorite cover band, Crystal Sh**
Wow
Yeah, they do a great Doors show. And it goes a little like this

Love me two times, baby
Love me twice today
Love me two times, girl
'Cause I got AIDS
Love me two times, baby
Once for tomorrow
Once cause I got AIDS

what are you doing up beef heart?  i'm worried about you, after interacting with that f'ing train wreck, the robert kraft thread  

eta:  bat signal  @Henry Ford

Last edited by a moderator:
what are you doing up beef heart?  i'm worried about you, after interacting with that f'ing train wreck, the robert kraft thread  

eta:  bat signal  @Henry Ford
Thanks for the concern.  I don’t really get too upset when people who don’t know what the #### they’re talking about try to criticize my position on human trafficking and prostitution. 

I purchased a rather large firearm recently that I picked up today and I took out my work frustrations at the gun range and am now eating carrot cake and listening to the Dead Milkmen.

Sadly, Amazon Music does not appear to have Methodist Coloring Book. 

Thanks for the concern.  I don’t really get too upset when people who don’t know what the #### they’re talking about try to criticize my position on human trafficking and prostitution. 

I purchased a rather large firearm recently that I picked up today and I took out my work frustrations at the gun range and am now eating carrot cake and listening to the Dead Milkmen.

Sadly, Amazon Music does not appear to have Methodist Coloring Book. 
carrot cake?  each to their own, i suppose.  

i knew you were fine, just an ugly subject.  and it was obvious, that you have a stake in that vile ### world.  kudos.  

carrot cake?  each to their own, i suppose.  

i knew you were fine, just an ugly subject.  and it was obvious, that you have a stake in that vile ### world.  kudos.  
It’s occasionally hard for me to fathom how little this country cares about sex trafficking, sexual assault, and sexual exploitation in this country. It passes. 

Users who are viewing this thread