What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (8 Viewers)

The neighbor who took video of the Botham murder aftermath has been fired from her job and has been receiving death threats as well. 

The neighbor who took video of the Botham murder aftermath has been fired from her job and has been receiving death threats as well. 
Yea and that happened months ago.  I wouldn’t be shocked if he was getting intimidated also and was gonna go tell folks he was.

Not really. Convenient would have been before the trial.
Yeah i dont understand the conspiracy theory here. This guy wasnt a key witness. Hell you could argue he was a better witness for defense. He said he had on multiple occasions gone to wrong floor and even got so far as trying to get in and his key wasnt working and then he realized. 

Makes no sense for the cops to kill this guy. Especially now that the trial is over. 

video was released. https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/10/13/fort-worth-police-officer-fatally-shoots-woman-her-home-while-checking-an-open-front-door/.

Cop  reacts to the scene. Gun seen in window. Officer reacts. Wait for more info.
Was the gun seen from the window? They didn’t say if the woman had the gun on her or if it was just in the house. They never identified themselves as officers. If some person was creeping around your house at night, you might get a gun to protect yourself. This is murder, straight up.

Was the gun seen from the window? They didn’t say if the woman had the gun on her or if it was just in the house. They never identified themselves as officers. If some person was creeping around your house at night, you might get a gun to protect yourself. This is murder, straight up.
Exactly.  There is a process that this officer needed to go through prior to just straight shooting someone.  Yes that process can happen fast.  But you cant just up and shoot first and ask questions later.  Sadly that is actually the culture amongst police and especially against people that skew lower on the socioeconimic scale.  It needs to stop.  Lock this ####er up.  Send a message.

Exactly.  There is a process that this officer needed to go through prior to just straight shooting someone.  Yes that process can happen fast.  But you cant just up and shoot first and ask questions later.  Sadly that is actually the culture amongst police and especially against people that skew lower on the socioeconimic scale.  It needs to stop.  Lock this ####er up.  Send a message.
Like why not knock on the front door in the first place and immediately ID yourself as police? Why are they are creeping around the home? It was a wellness check because a door was open, sloppy police work resulted in a person being killed for no reason.

Like why not knock on the front door in the first place and immediately ID yourself as police? Why are they are creeping around the home? It was a wellness check because a door was open, sloppy police work resulted in a person being killed for no reason.
See the sad thing is, the officer was most likely scared. And scared officers are allowed to pull the trigger with no recourse which is a problem.  Especially when you are irrationally scared due to some preconceived bias.  There is a difference though between being scared, and being threatened or in a situation that requires you to shoot to kill.  Based on the info thus far, this was not that situation.  And the officer should pay the consequences for that mistake. 

See the sad thing is, the officer was most likely scared. And scared officers are allowed to pull the trigger with no recourse which is a problem.  Especially when you are irrationally scared due to some preconceived bias.  There is a difference though between being scared, and being threatened or in a situation that requires you to shoot to kill.  Based on the info thus far, this was not that situation.  And the officer should pay the consequences for that mistake. 
If a call comes in for a wellness check because a front door is open and that makes the officer so scared that they are ready to shoot at the drop of a hat, that person has no business in the force. That’s one of the most innocuous calls possible. Sure anything can go wrong at anytime but you are there to make sure someone is ok and they did the absolute opposite of that. If the homeowner shot and killed the officer, that would have been more understandable than what happened here. 

And obviously didn’t take the money or drugs with them.  
The money and drugs were found in his home. The firefight happened outside in the parking lot. 

They took everything he had on him outside.

Should they have tossed his place too after shooting him and one of them being shot? Provided of course that they knew which apartment was his. 

The money and drugs were found in his home. The firefight happened outside in the parking lot. 

They took everything he had on him outside.

Should they have tossed his place too after shooting him and one of them being shot? Provided of course that they knew which apartment was his. 
I’m mostly kidding. It is a weird situation. Also, honestly, yes - if you murder a drug dealer for what’s in his pockets you’re remarkably stupid even compared to someone who murders a drug dealer for twelve pounds of weed and thousands of dollars. 

I’m mostly kidding. It is a weird situation. Also, honestly, yes - if you murder a drug dealer for what’s in his pockets you’re remarkably stupid even compared to someone who murders a drug dealer for twelve pounds of weed and thousands of dollars. 

Allegedly joshua Brown fired first hitting one of the men that were there to buy drugs. 

I almost always try and back the side of police ....

but

if there are a couple of people prowling around my house, at 2:45 am, flashlight, no announcements on who they are, I can't see their vehicles ..... I'm assuming the worst, grabbing my gun to be ready ..... if they shoot me in my home for that ?

that's not me .... that's all on THEM

Seems like one of the most significant NRA/2nd amendment cases in awhile. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope in these cases we start going up the chain of command and holding others responsible.  Otherwise this will continue.

Hold the department responsible for not training these officers properly and encouraging an environment where this may have been(likely) the norm.  

Look at the laws that basically send a message to these departments that they can and should shoot first.  

Until they hold the people enabling this accountable this will happen over and over and over.

We give police body armor for a reason.  We give them radios and backup for a reason.  that reason is so that they can be tactical, so that they can be safe and not feel instantly in danger, so that they can have the split seconds necessary to make sound decisions.

This was not a sound decision.  A woman is dead, unnecessarily and unjustifiably.  A gun not in the hand is not worth two in the chest. (Reworking a saying, not saying that is precisely what she got.)

We give police body armor for a reason.  We give them radios and backup for a reason.  that reason is so that they can be tactical, so that they can be safe and not feel instantly in danger, so that they can have the split seconds necessary to make sound decisions.

This was not a sound decision.  A woman is dead, unnecessarily and unjustifiably.  A gun not in the hand is not worth two in the chest. (Reworking a saying, not saying that is precisely what she got.)
And I just can't get over the fact is was a 311 call and not even a 911 call.  I mean WTF is that cop even thinking?????

And I just can't get over the fact is was a 311 call and not even a 911 call.  I mean WTF is that cop even thinking?????
I think its important to reinforce the notion that this is much larger than "one cop" - and I don't mean that in a sense that there a a bunch of bad cops running around.

Police around the country are poorly trained to deal with these situations, and too many have been taught (learned) over the years that its better to shoot first.  

This particular office made a bad decision.  But, imo, this reflects poorly on the department, as much, or more than the officer in question.

FORT WORTH — The former Fort Worth police officer who fatally shot a woman through her bedroom window this weekend was charged with murder on Monday and booked into jail without the possibility for bond, according to Tarrant County jail records.

EYLive said:
Yep. Removed your blatant racism. This guy didn't shoot her because she was black. He shot her because he was a completely incompetent cop who didn't even come close to following correct procedure. He will spend the rest of his life in prison and rightfully so but he did not look thru the window and think 'oh black person, I'm gonna murder her'. 

Yep. Removed your blatant racism. This guy didn't shoot her because she was black. He shot her because he was a completely incompetent cop who didn't even come close to following correct procedure. He will spend the rest of his life in prison and rightfully so but he did not look thru the window and think 'oh black person, I'm gonna murder her'. 
Who am I racist against? I'm dying to know. 

And how do you know your bolded statement is true? If that's a black neighborhood, that could be 100% what he was thinking.

Who am I racist against? I'm dying to know. 

And how do you know your bolded statement is true? If that's a black neighborhood, that could be 100% what he was thinking.
Obviously the white cop. At the risk of getting a timeout, you just made the dumbest statement in the history of the internet and it as well is yet another racist comment. Now you know.

Obviously the white cop. At the risk of getting a timeout, you just made the dumbest statement in the history of the internet and it as well is yet another racist comment. Now you know.
HEY EVERYONE!!! I'm racist against whites!!!   :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

You should thank your lucky stars you live in a world where innocent black people aren't gunned down by white cops in a regular basis. What a great life.

Awful. The kid was dumb for running, but he didn't deserve that. When are we going to get better training for police, as well as getting rid of the bad eggs?
The kid was running because he was wanted for a murder from the day before that. They thought he was armed, with the gun that they thought he killed somebody with(well technically the bullets didnt kill him, he shot at a moving car which caused the car to crash, allegedly). 

We will never know 100% for sure if he was guilty, but I don't think anybody really questions that. Even the statement from his atty pretty much says he was.

Even though he was armed the day before doesn't mean he's going to be armed the next day and you can't just go around shooting somebody because they used to be armed 24 hours earlier
This happened two years ago. 

Last edited by a moderator:
A guy in my golf league who is a Detroit Police officer was a good friend of police officer killed.

DETROIT – It’s a sad day for the Detroit Police Department as they mourn the loss of one of their own.

An 18-year veteran of the force died following a shootout with a gunman Wednesday night in the 20000 block of Wyoming Avenue. The shooting broke out about 7 p.m. Wednesday night. The neighborhood was locked down until about 4:30 a.m. Thursday.

Officers were responding to a home invasion report Wednesday night when someone at the home opened fire on them.

Two officers were shot. One was shot in the leg and is still in the hospital. The other was fatally shot in his neck.

The suspect was shot when officers returned fire. He is in custody at the hospital.

About 275 police officers showed up to Sinai-Grace Hospital, hoping the officer would survive this.

“I’ve never seen that many police cars blocking the street. I mean, and they were just coming down the street, Kentucky, coming down from Indiana, Wyoming, and they were blocking the streets. Then this officer told me and my neighbor, ‘Get in the house and shut your door,’" said a woman who lives in the area.

Here’s what happened

Two Detroit police officers were shot while responding to a home for a home invasion report. Four officers were there and two of them were shot by someone armed with a high-powered rifle. Detroit Police Chief James Craig said the officers had cleared the upper level of the home and were met by the gunman as they came downstairs.

“As the officers arrived, occupants of this home began running out. The suspect, who was armed with a high-powered rifle, began to open fire on the officers,” said Craig.

The first officer took a bullet in the leg. The chief said that officer has been on the job for three years. He is recovering at the hospital. The other officer, the 18-year veteran, was hit in his neck.

“Because it was a high-powered rifle, the rounds reversed up through the rear of his skull where the bullet was lodged,” said Craig. Doctors at Sinai-Grace did what they could, but the officer did not survive. The suspect had a lengthy past criminal record.

Users who are viewing this thread