What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (3 Viewers)

I remember 20 years ago, I was a week away from my high school graduation and 3 days from my 18th birthday. I never ever could have predicted how messed up things would have become by 2020. This is like worst case scenario sci-fi movie life right now. 

And the possibility that like many other  cases a conviction isn’t guaranteed at all.
Exactly Sho-spot on!! The prosecution waited until they had the initial autopsy results, they had statements, they had video and they made sure that what they could charge would stick. 

How many times have you seen the DA overreach and present a jury with charges they cannot convict? I am not sure of the laws for lesser included in Minnesota, but this office did it right and collected the facts and charged this guy with what they believe can be proven. He is looking at 25 years in prison, which is about 24 years and 364 days too long for a cop in prison. He is DOA on arrival unless he is in seg for life. 

Am I the only one watching this and thinking its too bad Rage Against the Machine had to bump their reunion tour back to next year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly Sho-spot on!! The prosecution waited until they had the initial autopsy results, they had statements, they had video and they made sure that what they could charge would stick. 

How many times have you seen the DA overreach and present a jury with charges they cannot convict? I am not sure of the laws for lesser included in Minnesota, but this office did it right and collected the facts and charged this guy with what they believe can be proven. He is looking at 25 years in prison, which is about 24 years and 364 days too long for a cop in prison. He is DOA on arrival unless he is in seg for life. 
If convicted, he'll be sent home with ankle jewelry because of covid. 

Has the Minneapolis Police Union made any public statements defending these cops? Is there any sign the union put up any legitimate resistance to the firing of every officer involved? I am curious about this. There was the false statement that the police initially made. Where did that come from? These bigger issues are so interesting. 
Struggling to link on phone (two posts already eaten), but here’s the head of the national Fraternal Order of Police condemning Chauvin’s actions.

From “Protesters in New Orleans, Louisiana law enforcement leaders condemn Minneapolis police killing”, Nola.com 5/29/020

Patrick Yoes, the national president of the Fraternal Order of Police and a former longtime St. Charles Parish sheriff’s deputy, also appeared to condemn the police treatment of Floyd — saying his “tragic death this week shocked and horrified our nation” — in a statement that broke with the union leadership’s pattern of giving its full-throated support to officers involved in controversial on-duty killings.

“Based on the bystander’s video of this incident, we witnessed a man in distress pleading for help,” said Yoes,, adding that “we must ensure that justice is served, whatever the consequences.”

Business and home owners should be allowed to sue CNN for damages at this point. I remember they did the same thing in Ferguson. It’s just incredible the damage this network has done to this country.
Chris Cuomo joined the looting?  Video posted anywhere?

Come on Curly you are better than this!!  A murder conviction doesn't buy a furlough for Covid
We'll see. Nothing would surprise me. The coroner's report imo is setting up a defense of he had preexisting conditions. The way it was written imo makes me think it's the police who hired him. I don't know. Too many times we've been surprised. I wouldn't be. I hope I'm wrong.

We'll see. Nothing would surprise me. The coroner's report imo is setting up a defense of he had preexisting conditions. The way it was written imo makes me think it's the police who hired him. I don't know. Too many times we've been surprised. I wouldn't be. I hope I'm wrong.
Just stop. 

Time to do your job. Clear the streets. 
I hear you, but it's such a dangerous situation. The country is a little weak right now. An isolated issue in Minneapolis can be dealt with. A trigger incident could cause much bigger  protests in other cities. They need to negotiate with the crowd. Not that sure what kind of promises they have left to offer? 

I didnt see that post. 

I almost posted something earlier in response to a different post about 10 bad cops 100 good cops that do nothing and so you have 110 bad cops. Was going to say no, then you have a union. 

Unions arent exactly known for weeding out bad apples. 
I mean the union is made up of its members. Its not some anonymous things that exists outside of the cops.

Thanks

Any guess why the hell he feels the need to fire upon a news crew? WTF?
Did you see the tweet with the video?...

"It’s almost like, I don’t know, Americans been told several times a week for 3.5 years that reporters are the enemies of the people."

What is going on tonight has nothing to do with the death of Floyd--just an embarrassment to his loss of life. 

What I did find amusing in all this nonsense--is the fat, white, middle aged guy coming out of the liquor store with the case of liquor and he climbs into his car and Fox pans in tight into his license plate. Just had to find a laugh in all this 

Unclear what this means, but apparently it was broadcast on a police scanner. 

Jonathan Allen @jonallendc

“Three officers down” at 17th and Pennsylvania Avenue NW, according to DC Fire and EMS band. No word yet on what precisely that means. That’s the closest public corner to the NW edge of the White House.

I'm a born & raised Minnesotan. There's really two Minnesota's - Metro area and out-state with the former dominating politics since I can remember (and let's be honest, way before that).

The state, Hennepin county, and MSP city governments are all controlled/dominated by one political party (okay, there's a three vote difference for the other party in the Senate).

At what point do is it reasonable to expect those involved to engage in some soul searching and decide they might need to entertain some different ideas?

At 11:24 Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey tweeted asking for people to clear out and let firefighter fight blazes.

I wonder why nobody listened.

Users who are viewing this thread