Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
In The Zone

Another killing at the hands of the Police

Just now, dkp993 said:

Pure bravery right there.  Holy ####.  That dude is my new hero.  

Ya think!? Wow.

4 minutes ago, Green Balloons said:

Reported and should be IP banned IMO. 

:goodposting:

• Laughing 4

1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

He definitely knew what he was doing.  Guy that was disarmed seemed clueless.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

That guy was a good guy, and a stone cold stud. Said because he used his skills to ensure no one got hurt. As the saying goes, real strength is gentleness, gentleness is real strength. Not suggesting that was gentle, but there aren’t bullets in a corpse and he recovered the weapon.

2 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Couldn't agree more.  Brilliant work by him.

• Like 5

Rob

Fred Hampton, Dr. King, and Brother Malcolm were murdered precisely so they wouldn’t be around to help organize when this exact moment in American history came to pass. We will honor their legacies by organizing anyways, in solidarity.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

"All Lives Matter" he screams, before shooting an arrow at a protester.

Makes sense. 🤨

1 hour ago, Widbil83 said:

The Minnesota Governor really called Antifa “white supremacists?” 

Theyve convinced themselves the Antifa protesters are really right wing infiltrators. :tinfoilhat:

• Like 1

National guard deployed to Cleveland.  I never thought I'd be happy my son was deployed to the Middle East and not dealing with this nonsense.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Green Balloons said:

Reported and should be IP banned IMO. 

You’re calling for a ban because the poster  said he hopes people defend their property? Do you own property?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Widbil83 said:

You’re calling for a ban because the poster  said he hopes people defend their property? Do you own property?

No, the ban suggestion was because he called the good natured looters and rioters names. 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

From the MInneapolis Department of Public Safety:

The Department of Public Safety is asking all local communities to NOT be in the streets tonight, for any reason.

PLEASE SHARE this information on social and other means you have. We know concerned community members want to help. The Department of Public Safety is asking all local communities to NOT be in the streets tonight, for any reason.

• The situation has shifted. The coordinated response tonight will be different.
  • The coordinated National Guard, State Patrol, and Law enforcement presence will triple in size – and it continues to grow.
  • This response is to address a sophisticated network of urban warfare. We expect the individuals involved to use deadly force – both with fires and other weapons.
  • A primary tactic they have used is to locate civilians and use them as both shields from law enforcement and distractions to effective response.
  • YOU MUST STAY IN PLACE.
  • Do not patrol, do not be out walking, do not drive your car unless is it an emergency situation.
  • We cannot have innocent people caught up in the sweep of those inflicting violence and danger on our communities.
  • These people are sophisticated and coordinated and we need to allow our law enforcement to focus response and resources on the legitimate threats attacking our communities.
  • Just because you don’t see the coordinated response – such as National Guard soldiers, know that they are out in the community. DO NOT ASSUME THAT YOU ARE NOT BEING SEEN BY THEM. Our response teams have airborne surveillance. If you are out patrolling the street, our response teams cannot know if you are there to do damage or to protect and will divert resources to find out.
  • If you are out, you are making the response operation more difficult. You are taking resources and attention away from effectively responding to threats.
  • Protecting and keeping watch from safe, non-mobile locations is fine.

2 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

No, the ban suggestion was because he called the good natured looters and rioters names. 

No, it's because he advocated killing people.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

Just had an epiphany about what these riots are about... and suffice it to say the right better think they can pawn this off on Antifa, because the alternative is that people are fed up and will show up to vote.

Most popular chant after "No Justice No Peace" was "#### Donald Trump"

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Just now, mcintyre1 said:

Small detail

1 minute ago, mcintyre1 said:

Just now, JbizzleMan said:

Small detail

If that’s the case, I did not read that in the post that was quoted. 

2 minutes ago, hagmania said:

Most popular chant after "No Justice No Peace" was "#### Donald Trump"

This is no more about George Floyd, than WWI was about Franz Ferdinand.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, Cjw_55106 said:

If that’s the case, I did not read that in the post that was quoted. 

“2 Pittsburgh police vehicles burned, cameraman attacked. They need to start using deadly force on these morons.”

It was the post before. 

Graffiti everywhere. Protesters got up on the roof of Farmer's Market 3rd & Fairfax and tagged the clock tower. So stupid.

• Like 2

Local news calling the "protesters" using this opportunity to vandalize businesses already struggling because of the pandemic "cowards" .  Well said, 100% agree.  

Curfew time in the Twin Cities. Several hundred do not appear to be planning to leave. 

Same old same old Antifa Anarchists ruining the planned Floyd protest in Seattle.  Nice work extreme left.  

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

Just had an epiphany about what these riots are about... and suffice it to say the right better think they can pawn this off on Antifa, because the alternative is that people are fed up and will show up to vote.

I don’t think it’s pawning off.

It’s entirely possible Antifa found a reason to do their thing and they’re just terrible people.

I don’t know why Burning buildings is default “the right.”

• Like 2

Just now, jm192 said:

It’s entirely possible Antifa found a reason to do their thing and they’re just terrible people.

Point is, it's a convenient viewpoint that this is all about a few bad apple extremists on one "side." This is much deeper. It's about decades of inequality coming home to roost.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jm192 said:

It's not. Ham is the king of conspiracy, the Dodds of the left. He just makes crap up and its irresponsible. 

Peacefull protest for equality injustice has been taken over by the opportunistic far left in the majority of the cases. Fact. 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Local news calling the "protesters" using this opportunity to vandalize businesses already struggling because of the pandemic "cowards" .  Well said, 100% agree.  

I've been on a 6 month hiatus from the PSF, but wanted to see what people are saying in here.  

Can't speak for any other cities, but Seattle has an organized group of agitators/anarchists (organized anarchists seems like an odd idea) that take every opportunity to hijack peaceful protests and turn them violent.   It happens annually every May Day here on a smaller scale.   We have also had a hyperagressive police force since the WTO riots in 1999.   The violence, vandalism and looting that's happening in Seattle right now is a direct result of agitators and their intentional efforts.   It's sad to watch.   

I've always been outspoken about gun control and my doubts about the effectiveness of concealed carry, but the guy that put the gun in that antifa dude's face and took his weapon--I have to respect what he did.

Be safe, FBG's.

Edited by -fish-
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Just now, GROOT said:

Was this cop racist or just a bad cop?

Can’t it be both? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GROOT said:

Was this cop racist or just a bad cop?

Seems like both may be true in this particular case.

20 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

We just need to refer to the looters, rioters and mobs as good sports. Don’t want to get on the wrong side of their supporters in this thread with itchy report fingers.

• Laughing 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

Point is, it's a convenient viewpoint that this is all about a few bad apple extremists on one "side." This is much deeper. It's about decades of inequality coming home to roost.

Sure.  The identitiy/affiliation of those guys is just 1 layer.  It’s not meant to say “A few bad eggs on one side...”

10 minutes ago, Nipsey said:

Graffiti everywhere. Protesters got up on the roof of Farmer's Market 3rd & Fairfax and tagged the clock tower. So stupid.

Seems like we have every flavor of stupid imaginable and I gotta say, this ain't great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Seems like both may be true in this particular case.

He was a bad cop, but i don't see anything on the other front.

1 minute ago, GROOT said:

He was a bad cop, but i don't see anything on the other front.

His former boss did an interview saying he had multiple issues as a security guard for her bar that were race-related.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, -fish- said:

I've been on a 6 month hiatus from the PSF, but wanted to see what people are saying in here.  

Can't speak for any other cities, but Seattle has an organized group of agitators/anarchist (organized anarchists seems like an odd idea) that take every opportunity to hijack peaceful protests and turn them violent.   It happens annually every May Day here on a smaller scale.   We have also had a hyperagressive police force since the WTO riots in 1999.   The violence, vandalism and looting that's happening in Seattle right now is a direct result of agitators and their intentional efforts.   It's sad to watch.   

I've always been outspoken about gun control and my doubts about the effectiveness of concealed carry, but the guy that put the gun in that antifa dude's face and took his weapon--I have to respect what he did.

Be safe, FBG's.

At least it's raining at a pretty good clip, if I was trying to find a bright side.  

Just now, tonydead said:

At least it's raining at a pretty good clip, if I was trying to find a bright side.  

Like Seattlites care about rain.  I saw more umbrellas being used to deflect pepper spray during these riots then I see during a heavy rain.   I was actually amazed they owned umbrellas.

• Like 1

I have heard that some of the people doing this are white supremacists. I have also heard that some are extreme leftists (antifa). I have no idea. In truth it doesn’t matter to me. Why it matters to some of you I have no idea. Is it that important to keep a ####### scorecard? 

Antifa are scum, the lowest of the low. White supremacists are also scum and just as low. The hell with them all. If any of these people are out destroying buildings, looting, #### em. I wouldn’t mind seeing deadly force used against them; to that extent I agree with @irish eyes

But the problem is there are also some protestors out there who are legitimately angry and they are also doing violence, because they have let their emotions get the best of them. These folks also need to be stopped, but gently. I mostly feel bad for them. 

Time to deputize normal citizens that are out of work because of the Covid and arrest any protester that throws anything or strikes a match. 

Just now, -fish- said:

Like Seattlites care about rain.  I saw more umbrellas being used to deflect pepper spray during these riots then I see during a heavy rain.   I was actually amazed they owned umbrellas.

I was referring to the car fires. 

Just now, timschochet said:

I have heard that some of the people doing this are white supremacists. I have also heard that some are extreme leftists (antifa). I have no idea. In truth it doesn’t matter to me. Why it matters to some of you I have no idea. Is it that important to keep a ####### scorecard? 

Antifa are scum, the lowest of the low. White supremacists are also scum and just as low. The hell with them all. If any of these people are out destroying buildings, looting, #### em. I wouldn’t mind seeing deadly force used against them; to that extent I agree with @irish eyes

But the problem is there are also some protestors out there who are legitimately angry and they are also doing violence, because they have let their emotions get the best of them. These folks also need to be stopped, but gently. I mostly feel bad for them. 

It matters when there are agitators that are trying to stoke the fires of violence in a peaceful protest.  It matters if suddenly pallets of bricks or dumpsters of pallets show up right next to large demonstrations. 

Pull your head out, Tim.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, -fish- said:

It matters when there are agitators that are trying to stoke the fires of violence in a peaceful protest.  It matters if suddenly pallets of bricks or dumpsters of pallets show up right next to large demonstrations. 

Pull your head out, Tim.

I agree with you. I just don’t care if they’re left or right. 

5 minutes ago, -fish- said:

His former boss did an interview saying he had multiple issues as a security guard for her bar that were race-related.  

I don’t put a lot of stock in comments after the fact. He worked there for 17 years. 

1 minute ago, tonydead said:

I was referring to the car fires. 

Yeah, but rain isn't going to stop buildings from burning.   I know this is happening all over, but I am particularly aware of the dynamic in Seattle.   As a city, it's capable of peaceful and meaningful protest.  What's happening is the direct result of agitators, and it reflects badly on the people who are honestly upset and trying to be heard.

• Love 1