What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (10 Viewers)

I was really expecting the PSF regulars in here to be upset and calling out the rampant lack of social distancing.
While I was watching all these protest videos I was trying to figure out who’s wearing a face mask to hide their identity and who is doing it for Covid. If this wasn’t such a depressing and scary situation that could be a fun game.  

If anyone else is living along the Atlantic or Gulf coasts, hurricane season officially kicks off in about 35 minutes, and we've already had a pair of named tropical storms. Batten down the hatches, we're only 5/12 of the way through 2020.
Based on how this year is going, a category 5 directly on Miami doesn't seem out of the question.

While I was watching all these protest videos I was trying to figure out who’s wearing a face mask to hide their identity and who is doing it for Covid. If this wasn’t such a depressing and scary situation that could be a fun game.  
Yep.

We should have made Bernie the nominee. I'm only half kidding, but, lots of signs saying the "revolution" starts now. 
We’re a Powderkeg and have been for a while.   ThIs same pent-up anger is what got Trump elected and is bubbling under the surface on the right as well. Scary ####### times even if we weren’t dealing with massive unemployment and a pandemic scare and everything that’s gone along with that.   
Gotta say I’ve been dying to get out of my house the last few weeks and have been enjoying the times I have. But today I was pretty happy to stay home and avoid the world.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on how this year is going, a category 5 directly on Miami doesn't seem out of the question.
More concerning, at least in my case, is if we get either a repeat of Irma or Dorian, because at one point the former was supposed to buzzsaw up the Atlantic Coast of the state, and the latter was on its way to obliterating the Treasure Coast, where I live, before it turned north after destroying West End.

Has it worked? Watching local stuff in Boston. Guess this is the first bad night in BOS. But seems like that is the best next step. 
Seemingly, yes. No notable fires or conflict so far tonight. They've also arrested a lot more tonight than last night. 150 in one spot alone who all went peacefully.

We’re a Powderkeg and have been for a while.   ThIs same pent-up anger is what got Trump elected and is bubbling under the surface on the right as well. Scary ####### times even if we weren’t dealing with massive unemployment and a pandemic scare and everything that’s gone along with that.   
Gotta say I’ve been dying to get out of my house the last few weeks and have been enjoying the times I have. But today I was pretty happy to stay home and avoid the world.  
Drive to a rural area where restaurants are open. People are friendly too. No drama. 

It appears the freeway truck driver was a MAGA guy. Hopefully that wasn't the reason he was driving there and it was just a mistake.

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1267294881690476550?s=20
From all I've seen so far tonight, I think he's just a jackass who didn't want to divert off the interstate and decided to force his way through. I've seen a video from further back that shows he was supposed to follow traffic off of the highway just before the curve, but traffic was backed up and he just went right around it and started laying on his horn as he continued into the protesters.

From all I've seen so far tonight, I think he's just a jackass who didn't want to divert off the interstate and decided to force his way through. I've seen a video from further back that shows he was supposed to follow traffic off of the highway just before the curve, but traffic was backed up and he just went right around it and started laying on his horn as he continued into the protesters.
Yeah, I've only see one short clip, so I wasn't sure how it all unfolded.

MN press conference says they've collected white supremacist posters from around the area, won't name the groups. Another reporter asked if they can confirm that "antifa" is present -- guy said that he had "heard reports" of that, but could not confirm it.

They just showed the inside of a looted CVS in Santa Monica. Like a tornado hit it. ATM and self-checkouts destroyed. Makeup, sunscreen, toothpaste, booze all gone or strewn everywhere. The raisins were left untouched though. Even looters hate those things.

I think some looters fall into this category but I have my doubts that young kids are worried about burning St. John's church in Washington DC and similar types of acts.  We've all been young and done stupid stuff and that's just not the way their mind would work.  Grabbing the latest pair of Nike's, sure.  Even kids who want to be destructive aren't going to choose that target.  If it comes out later they were just random kids, I'll gladly come back and admit I was wrong.
No you’re right. I was referring mostly to the looters. 

I probably shouldn't jinx it, but tonight was finally very different for MN. No reported fires or rioting at all, really. The peaceful protesters that didn't get arrested for breaking curfew so far have ended their march at the site of George Floyd's death. There's maybe 100-150 people quietly standing around the vigil site at that location. Police not moving in for now (they did clear that area around 3am last night for those that remained).

This is the best video of the truck incident that I've seen so far -- I was wrong earlier about him skipping an exit right before the curve, you can see in this video near the beginning that he passes at high speed to the left of a few cars lined up blocking the road while running his horn. He really doesn't throw on the breaks until it is clear that the crowd can't move in time. I think he probably had every intention of continuing on, but it seems clear to me that his intention was not to kill anyone, as he could have killed many if he wanted to.

I am staying down town San Diego, watching protesters march down the street screaming knocking stuff over.  Massive police presence in vehicles with sirens roaring.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread