What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Look at this fat wildebeest on the cover of People (1 Viewer)

McGarnicle

Footballguy
This is getting out of hand

I agree that bullying and fat shaming are wrong and abhorrent, but the pendulum has swung way too far in the other direction. 98% of men wouldn't bang this hog after two cases of Old Milwaukee, and obviously obesity is unhealthy and not something to be celebrated. Even worse are her tats. Don't do an image search if you've just eaten dinner. Blech.

Agreed. She's not even just overweight, she's flat out obese and her health has to be negatively impacted. Plus, if she's that big now when she's young, imagine what she'll look like in 10 years.

AS IF People magazine gives two ####s about fat people. They just want to sell magazines. This week it's a plus sized supermodel (and "super" is beyond generous, btw). But next week it's right back to Taylor Swift or whatever other pretty face is going to move the needle.

Was ready to come in here and say "She can't be that bad if she's on the cover of People".

I stand corrected.

Before I married my wife, I told her that I would divorce her if she ever got fat. What can I say? I'm a hopeless romantic.

16 years later, she weighs less than she did on our wedding day. :thumbup:

The hippo on the People cover is heading towards years of unsavory health issues. Promoting this type of lifestyle so people don't get their feelings hurt is despicable.

I guess my problem is that being fat is unhealthy overall. Not that anyone should be made fun of for being fat but I dont think it should be promoted. Health problems are a lot more likely when you are obese which this woman is.

I guess my problem is that being fat is unhealthy overall. Not that anyone should be made fun of for being fat but I dont think it should be promoted. Health problems are a lot more likely when you are obese which this woman is.
But I think that goes without saying. She, I'm sure, knows the health risks with being that big. I think everyone who's overweight does. And I don't think People is necessarily saying otherwise, it's just their subjective opinion as to what/who's attractive. It's not some sort of gospel.

Further, there are a lot of fatties in this thread.

But I think that goes without saying. She, I'm sure, knows the health risks with being that big. I think everyone who's overweight does. And I don't think People is necessarily saying otherwise, it's just their subjective opinion as to what/who's attractive. It's not some sort of gospel.

Further, there are a lot of fatties in this thread.
Well.....People's got a pretty significant readership, and the word "model" is not at all ambiguous. If you care at all about this issue, say, as a single guy, or a parent with a daughter, this is a pretty big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread