What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If it hit a Titleist 165 with my 7 iron, how far... (1 Viewer)

Hoh

Eater of cereal
Can I hit an avocado pit with the same club? I think it stalls out after 50 yards.

Can I hit an avocado pit with the same club? I think it stalls out after 50 yards.
Probably depends on how smooth/rough the surface of the pit is and where you hit it, but you're not going to compress it which is what makes a golf ball spring off the face and it doesn't have dimples which give it lift and reduce drag. My guess is you can hit an avocado pit farther than 50 yards with a 7-iron.

Both a full swing and a half swing resulted in an exploding pit. The furthest chunk went 33 yards. I'm disappointed. :-(

How far do you think you can hit a golf ball by tossing it up and swinging a tennis racket?

I have tried and was very surprised on the distance...

How far do you think you can hit a golf ball by tossing it up and swinging a tennis racket?

Well strung professional's racket? Farther than anyone can hit it with a golf club would be my guess.

Well strung professional's racket? Farther than anyone can hit it with a golf club would be my guess.
Sure, backspin in the most likely result of an untrained hit with a racket, but you're not going to get nearly the rotation as you would off a flush hit on a golf club. And its the backspin/lift that allows for great distance. Plus, a person is going to generate more club head speed than racket speed at impact because the shaft of a golf club is so much longer.

Back in high school, the baseball players thought they could hit a golf ball with a baseball bat further than I could with a golf club.

Not even close, my golf ball was still rising as it flew over the centerfield wall and their ball had already peaked. All about speed.

Users who are viewing this thread