What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (2 Viewers)

Sorry if this was already brought up, too many new pages every hour so I usually just skim the most recent posts :P

But with Randle out, is there any 'revenge game' factor vs Seattle this week? Hell if Andre Johnson put up 2 tds vs Houston, anything is possible.
There is no such thing as revenge games. Physical specimens going at 100% on both sides of the ball can't suddenly will themselves into a magical performance. Sure sometimes they will have a good game against a former team but that just has to do with them being able to perform.
I don't agree. I don't think it's the players ability but I do think it's reasonable for coaches to take this into account when they put together the game plan.

"Hey it's Andre going up against his old team. Let's see where we can get him involved more in this game".
Why would Michelle be motivated for a "revenge"??? The Seahawks drafted him in 2013. He sat behind one of the best RBs in the league for two years. They felt he was not in their future plans so traded him to a team that he would have a shot at. What would he be angry at:

1. Drafting him rather high when his draft stock seemed to have dropped

2. Not starting him over one of the best RBs in the game

3. Trading him to the team with the worst group of RBs to start the season, or in other words, the team he'd have the best shot at stealing the starting job away rather than sitting another year behind Lynch

I guess I don't understand why CM would be angry
Not arguing but the theory is - you didn't believe in me or give me a shot, so I'm going to show you I'm better tha pan you thought I was.

Not surwhat's so hard to understand about that. It's not anger. I think revenge is the wrong word.

Start c Mike with confidence. All of the #### talking I have done about him and my opponent is playing him against me this week.

Td guaranteed.

:ptts:

Im out. Just traded him to the DMC owner for Tevin Coleman. I have Freeman

Best of luck to those who believe.

flc735 said:
GreenNGold said:
Deamon said:
Sorry if this was already brought up, too many new pages every hour so I usually just skim the most recent posts :P

But with Randle out, is there any 'revenge game' factor vs Seattle this week? Hell if Andre Johnson put up 2 tds vs Houston, anything is possible.
There is no such thing as revenge games. Physical specimens going at 100% on both sides of the ball can't suddenly will themselves into a magical performance. Sure sometimes they will have a good game against a former team but that just has to do with them being able to perform.
I don't agree. I don't think it's the players ability but I do think it's reasonable for coaches to take this into account when they put together the game plan.

"Hey it's Andre going up against his old team. Let's see where we can get him involved more in this game".
Exactly this. Whether revenge games are a thing or not (I have played a lot and know that some games you just get even more excited/amped up for and can increase your performance), fans believe in them. And even if they aren't a thing, coaches may believe in them too, and give him extra opportunities. Not really saying he will play "BETTER" then normal because it's the hawks, but the coaches might think he will and want to give him a shot. Or may want to prove they won the trade vs seattle by having him sting his former team. Or QB's may like the player and want to throw to him more vs his former team because it would mean a lot to him.

There's lots of factors, and even though revenge games don't always pan out, in general I'd say there is a boost (maybe tiny) in production and/or usage when going against a former team. Remember Steve Smith vs Carolina? He even admitted it was a revenge game and wanted to perform very well vs his former team.

jurb26 said:
kOOk said:
jurb26 said:
kOOk said:
jurb26 said:
KingPrawn said:
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article41776050.html

Randle went AWOL on Wednesday. Status with team to be discussed on Thursday
So he left for a personal issue that hasn't been disclosed yet and this is the Dal media spin?Have we not learned how unreliable they are by now?
You're right, it had nothing to do with being demoted. And his history is impeccable.

Maybe he was having baby?
It helps if you actual read things...From the article;

"Per a source, Randle did not leave the facility because he was upset about being surpassed on the depth chart by running back Darren McFadden, a move owner Jerry Jones announced Tuesday."
Still, his decision to go AWOL and miss a treatment session has frustrated a Cowboys staff that has grown increasingly impatient with Randles litany of troubles.Randle was arrested twice in a four-month span from last October to February as he was investigated for shoplifting, marijuana possession and domestic violence.

He further drew the ire of the Cowboys in May when he disrespected 2014 NFL leading rusher DeMarco Murray by saying he left some meat on the bone during his team-record 1,845-yard season.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article41776050.html#storylink=cpy

Believe what you want to believe. He could just explain what was so "personal".
There is nothing of substance in that article other than he left for personal reasons.I'll wait until we actual get some facts to believe anything. I'm certainly not going to believe thus terrible peice of spin.
Did you not just say it helps, "if you actually read things"? Clearly, I did.

And then you went on to state that there is nothing of substance from the article. Nice backtrack. I simply illustrated my take on on it.

Just so we're clear, you accused me of not reading it. Then when I pointed out what I saw in it, you decide the article is a "terrible piece of spin".

You can spin any of this how you want, but again, thinking this malcontent didn't run away from being demoted is ignorant, at best.
The funniest part of the above is that gerbil27 selectively quotes the one part of the article he likes (or what he wants to see in it).

And then turns right around only to denounce it, telling me "it helps if you read things". Yet when I pointed to the part he doesn't want to acknowledge, he goes back to "a terrible piece of spin". :lmao: See what you want to see gerb29 but it usually doesn't work out so well like that.
I picked it because it was one of the few parts linked to well... an actual source.You're spin is almost as good as theirs.

But yeah, you read the article so you already know that, right?
All I know is that you claimed it to be Dallas media spin.

Then when questioned, you actually cited it to prove your point (bias). You yourself turned to it minutes after discounting it. Ironic to say the least.

Then you tried to say I didn't read it. Which was false.

And when I quoted parts of it, which you obviously did not like, it became a "terrible piece of spin" again.

In short, backtrack and flip-flopping galore. Nice work.
Hi jurb26, just curious about your latest take on the most recent news and how "unreliable" it is.

Forget religion or politics...CMIKE appears the be the one thing to truly divide FBG's.

I don't really care at this point...I have him in both of my money leagues and if nothing comes of it...I've been entertained beyond the cost of that spot to carry him this long.

jurb26 said:
kOOk said:
jurb26 said:
kOOk said:
jurb26 said:
KingPrawn said:
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article41776050.html

So he left for a personal issue that hasn't been disclosed yet and this is the Dal media spin?Have we not learned how unreliable they are by now?
You're right, it had nothing to do with being demoted. And his history is impeccable.

"Per a source, Randle did not leave the facility because he was upset about being surpassed on the depth chart by running back Darren McFadden, a move owner Jerry Jones announced Tuesday."
Still, his decision to go AWOL and miss a treatment session has frustrated a Cowboys staff that has grown increasingly impatient with Randles litany of troubles.Randle was arrested twice in a four-month span from last October to February as he was investigated for shoplifting, marijuana possession and domestic violence.

He further drew the ire of the Cowboys in May when he disrespected 2014 NFL leading rusher DeMarco Murray by saying he left some meat on the bone during his team-record 1,845-yard season.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article41776050.html#storylink=cpy

There is nothing of substance in that article other than he left for personal reasons.I'll wait until we actual get some facts to believe anything. I'm certainly not going to believe thus terrible peice of spin.

And then you went on to state that there is nothing of substance from the article. Nice backtrack. I simply illustrated my take on on it.

Just so we're clear, you accused me of not reading it. Then when I pointed out what I saw in it, you decide the article is a "terrible piece of spin".

You can spin any of this how you want, but again, thinking this malcontent didn't run away from being demoted is ignorant, at best.
The funniest part of the above is that gerbil27 selectively quotes the one part of the article he likes (or what he wants to see in it).

And then turns right around only to denounce it, telling me "it helps if you read things". Yet when I pointed to the part he doesn't want to acknowledge, he goes back to "a terrible piece of spin". :lmao: See what you want to see gerb29 but it usually doesn't work out so well like that.
I picked it because it was one of the few parts linked to well... an actual source.You're spin is almost as good as theirs.

Then when questioned, you actually cited it to prove your point (bias). You yourself turned to it minutes after discounting it. Ironic to say the least.

And when I quoted parts of it, which you obviously did not like, it became a "terrible piece of spin" again.

Hi jurb26, just curious about your latest take on the most recent news and how "unreliable" it is.
Hey moron, stop cluttering up the thread with your garbage. What the hell happened to you anyway, used to be a halfway decent poster and now you're just a ##### pickle.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem with this post and stop posting in this thread and less you have some reliable information or a halfway decent take on CMIKE.

jurb26 said:
kOOk said:
jurb26 said:
kOOk said:
jurb26 said:
KingPrawn said:

Hey moron, stop cluttering up the thread with your garbage. What the hell happened to you anyway, used to be a halfway decent poster and now you're just a ##### pickle.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem with this post and stop posting in this thread and less you have some reliable information or a halfway decent take on CMIKE.
I don't remember what he used to be, but kOOk is a huge troll. Not sure why he hasn't been banned yet. Just worthless. Obviously a sad little man.

What did I do wrong? I stated an opinion. Only to be attacked by someone who didn't want to see what I (and many others) saw.

Where was I wrong, exactly? Please, tell me.

Now the regulars want to ostracize me? Because of what exactly?

I don't get it. I didn't put words in your mouth. You guys write your comments, not me. Go ahead and read it all again. You tell me who was in the wrong. I'm listening.

What did I do wrong? I stated an opinion. Only to be attacked by someone who didn't want to see what I (and many others) saw.

I don't get it. I didn't put words in your mouth. You guys write your comments, not me. Go ahead and read it all again. You tell me who was in the wrong. I'm listening.
Exact same routine you pulled in the Arian Foster thread. Your aim is to troll and annoy everyone, then when you get called out for it, you backpedal and pull the 'woe is me' act. Choose one. Either stop trolling and contribute something around here or be a troll with conviction. This act is getting old.

Exact same routine you pulled in the Arian Foster thread. Your aim is to troll and annoy everyone, then when you get called out for it, you backpedal and pull the 'woe is me' act. Choose one. Either stop trolling and contribute something around here or be a troll with conviction. This act is getting old.
Just put him on ignore. Life is better that way.

Wrong. 100% wrong. I am absolutely contributing. You just can't handle an opposing side. Which, btw, is what makes this place great.

Both of you were the ones that engaged (because you didn't like my opinion. Plain and simple). It's all right there in "print" so be careful what you accuse me of.

Go look at the thread you just quoted and you tell me who was in the wrong. The beauty of this place is that you can't take it back.

So go on, try and show everyone who was right and who was wrong. I'll be waiting.

Wrong. 100% wrong. I am absolutely contributing. You just can't handle an opposing side. Which, btw, is what makes this place great.

Both of you were the ones that engaged (because you didn't like my opinion. Plain and simple). It's all right there in "print" so be careful what you accuse me of.

Go look at the thread you just quoted and you tell me who was in the wrong. The beauty of this place is that you can't take it back.

So go on, try and show everyone who was right and who was wrong. I'll be waiting.
In the Foster thread, you were telling everyone that he wouldn't be worth the fifth round pick where he was drafted. Which is fine. That was your opinion. But when asked who you thought would perform better from that point on, you disappeared. Typical troll behavior. You like criticizing other peoples' decisions, but are scared to put yourself out there and make your own. You totally disappeared from that thread until he blew out his Achilles. Then you chose to pop back in and gloat about a guy's possible career ending injury. You are a spineless troll. You proved it in that thread. You offer nothing here and if I were a mod, you'd be gone for good. And judging by how many people have you on ignore, it would be widely applauded.

Dunbar out for the year, Randle went off the reservation, and now it's just McFadden in front of him?

I've definitely been laughing at the hype, but ANY back that only has DMC standing in his way, with that offensive line, is worth a roster spot.

In the Foster thread, you were telling everyone that he wouldn't be worth the fifth round pick where he was drafted. Which is fine. That was your opinion. But when asked who you thought would perform better from that point on, you disappeared. Typical troll behavior. You like criticizing other peoples' decisions, but are scared to put yourself out there and make your own. You totally disappeared from that thread until he blew out his Achilles. Then you chose to pop back in and gloat about a guy's possible career ending injury. You are a spineless troll. You proved it in that thread. You offer nothing here and if I were a mod, you'd be gone for good. And judging by how many people have you on ignore, it would be widely applauded.
Buddy, go and look at how many times I posted in that span you are so consumed by. Do a search, it's all right there.

Please show my posts. I encourage you to prove yourself.

In the meantime you might want to be more careful with allegations you can't back up.

Buddy, go and look at how many times I posted in that span you are so consumed by. Do a search, it's all right there.

In the meantime you might want to be more careful with allegations you can't back up.
I'm not wasting another second on you. I don't need to prove anything. All the people who have you want ignore and call you a troll are proof enough. You can either listen to them, or just continue on your way until one of the mods finally figure out what you're all about. Have a nice season guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not wasting another second on you. I don't need to prove anything. All the people who have you want ignore and call you a troll or proof enough. You can either listen to them. Or just continue on your way until one of the mods finally figure out what you're all about. Have a nice season guy.
So you couldn't find a shred of evidence to stake your claim?

Prove your point, we're not on the clock here.

ANY back that only has DMC standing in his way, with that offensive line, is worth a roster spot.
This
He's obviously worth a roster spot, but I think it's likely that they bring in another RB if/when something happens to DMC (if not earlier depending on Randle). It's clear they still just don't trust him much.
Yep -- the issue causing all of the silliness here doesn't lie with Michael himself, but with the hugely unrealistic expectations attached to him by some people. Looking at things rationally, he's really about right where anyone should have expected him to be as a RB brought in as last minute depth for a 7th round pick. Couple of months to get the system down, then starting to get some work. I'm sure if he outperforms the competition his workload % will go up, and if he underperforms, it won't. Nothing out of the ordinary, provided you weren't expecting him to be Adrian Peterson right out of the box.

Dunbar out for the year, Randle went off the reservation, and now it's just McFadden in front of him?

I've definitely been laughing at the hype, but ANY back that only has DMC standing in his way, with that offensive line, is worth a roster spot.
totally agree.

:goodposting: but who do you side with in the kOOk/Junior debate?

If CMike plays with even half of the passion and fire being displayed in this very thread dedicated to him then he's a top 5 Running Back the rest of the way.

Exactly this. Whether revenge games are a thing or not (I have played a lot and know that some games you just get even more excited/amped up for and can increase your performance), fans believe in them. And even if they aren't a thing, coaches may believe in them too, and give him extra opportunities. Not really saying he will play "BETTER" then normal because it's the hawks, but the coaches might think he will and want to give him a shot. Or may want to prove they won the trade vs seattle by having him sting his former team. Or QB's may like the player and want to throw to him more vs his former team because it would mean a lot to him.

There's lots of factors, and even though revenge games don't always pan out, in general I'd say there is a boost (maybe tiny) in production and/or usage when going against a former team. Remember Steve Smith vs Carolina? He even admitted it was a revenge game and wanted to perform very well vs his former team.
Steve Smith is dwelling on revenge when he visits his mother on Mother's Day!

A few people got messages of a more private nature, but wanted to make a general post.

I know we don't have the moderators available to stop every insult and slight, and I wasn't about much for a stretch which didn't help. But there's no reason the blowups in here should have gotten as far as they did.

If you're going back and forth repeatedly with little to do with football, or find yourself typing an insult, just take a deep breath and stop. Use the Ignore list if you need to. The rest of the community here doesn't want to have to read it.

ANY back that only has DMC standing in his way, with that offensive line, is worth a roster spot.
This
He's obviously worth a roster spot, but I think it's likely that they bring in another RB if/when something happens to DMC (if not earlier depending on Randle). It's clear they still just don't trust him much.
How is that clear? His workload has increased each week. McFadden was crushing it last week.

Just picked this stiff back up just in case
Me too.....just when I thought I was out.....the Randle stuff pulled me back in.

Actually, I dropped him in my 16 team keeper league and nobody put in a claim for him. I figure that says it all really. At this point it's more likely he's just not good, than a guy who will do anything meaningful for the Cowboys or your fantasy team.

I'm going to be very interested in who they draft. This looks like a bit of a stop gap year. Although Chris Ivory and Stevan Ridley are both free agents.

ESPN's Todd Archer believes Darren McFadden will be close to an every-down player against the Seahawks.
- RW, citing Espn

This was officially ridiculous a long time ago, but the idea that the Cowboys could indeed feed McFadden the ball like 25 times and Michael again like ~5 is not ridiculous. I Just don't think McFadden can take the pounding and remain effective for more than a couple games. And vs Seattle?

ESPN's Todd Archer believes Darren McFadden will be close to an every-down player against the Seahawks.
- RW, citing EspnThis was officially ridiculous a long time ago, but the idea that the Cowboys could indeed feed McFadden the ball like 25 times and Michael again like ~5 is not ridiculous. I Just don't think McFadden can take the pounding and remain effective for more than a couple games. And vs Seattle?
Playing Sea is a good thing for McFadden because he's the pass catching RB. Sea may stop their run fairly well, but he will catch passes.

- RW, citing EspnThis was officially ridiculous a long time ago, but the idea that the Cowboys could indeed feed McFadden the ball like 25 times and Michael again like ~5 is not ridiculous. I Just don't think McFadden can take the pounding and remain effective for more than a couple games. And vs Seattle?
Playing Sea is a good thing for McFadden because he's the pass catching RB.Sea may stop their run fairly well, but he will catch passes.
Well true, but what I was suggesting is that they are a very physical team. If he gets 25-31 touches again he's going to take a pounding.

what's ridiculous is the notion that Todd Archer has access to the Cowboys' game plan. As if Garrett is going to tell Seattle what to prepare for.

DMC is going to get hurt. More, to my eyes, he didn't look that good. He had huge holes and was often a yard or two beyond the line getting touches. Every Cowboys back who touched the football looked great - hell, Randle averaged 12 yards on two carries.

DMC is going to get hurt. More, to my eyes, he didn't look that good. He had huge holes and was often a yard or two beyond the line getting touches. Every Cowboys back who touched the football looked great - hell, Randle averaged 12 yards on two carries.
If you want to predict an injury due to McFadden's history, that's fine. To pretend he didn't look great last week is BS.

Users who are viewing this thread