Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2019 IN-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

7 minutes ago, Rockchild said:

Yeah, sometimes you have to overpay to get these studs. 

no one is trading a stud away unless they are getting the better end. And in some cases its win/win; who cares about those picks if you are set to contend the next 3 years

1 hour ago, Rockchild said:

Christian McCaffrey 

For 

Darius Guice, AJ Brown, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd 

The rare trade I don't think I could pull either side of.  If I had McCaffrey I couldn't get rid of him for exactly zero proven points in the lineup, but I also couldn't give up that goldmine of potential for him either.  Maybe that's because I don't have any teams I'm desperate at RB on though, because this feels like the kind of trade I should prefer the stud in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rockchild said:

Yeah, sometimes you have to overpay to get these studs. 

Is this really an overpay???

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Is this really an overpay???

I didn't think it was a big overpay and was more than happy to make the deal. I can see how it might be viewed as an overpay though. 

17 minutes ago, Ben & Jerry's said:

12 team ppr IDP

Gave: Derrius Guice + Antonio Brown

Received: Nick Chubb

Chubb for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rockchild said:

I didn't think it was a big overpay and was more than happy to make the deal. I can see how it might be viewed as an overpay though. 

Not an overpay at all 

7 hours ago, Rockchild said:

Christian McCaffrey 

For 

Darius Guice, AJ Brown, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd 

This is really cheap for CMC. It’s like ~1.3, ~1.8,  2020 1/2 for a top 2-3 dynasty asset? As a CMC owner I would need about twice as much as this.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ben & Jerry's said:

12 team ppr IDP

Gave: Derrius Guice + Antonio Brown

Received: Nick Chubb

Like going to the strip club- seems pricey for just Chubb. If hunt weren’t lurking I can get behind it more. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

12 team superflex, IDP salary league

I gave up 1.10 for 2020 1st, likely a top 5 pick.

16 minutes ago, tex said:

12 team superflex, IDP salary league

I gave up 1.10 for 2020 1st, likely a top 5 pick.

this is funny 

1 hour ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

this is funny 

Why funny?

5 minutes ago, tex said:

Why funny?

because the type of person who trades an expected high 2020 1st for a low 2019 first is the type of owner who picks high every year

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

because the type of person who trades an expected high 2020 1st for a low 2019 first is the type of owner who picks high every year

In his case, this isn't true, but at present he is in a rebuild, so.....we shall see. The main reason I made the deal is because there is no player I felt was worth the salary at that pick, even on taxi squad. And like many of us, I think the 2020 draft will be a gold mine. :)

1 minute ago, tex said:

In his case, this isn't true, but at present he is in a rebuild, so.....we shall see. The main reason I made the deal is because there is no player I felt was worth the salary at that pick, even on taxi squad. And like many of us, I think the 2020 draft will be a gold mine. :)

I would trade 1.10 for the following years 1st from a non playoff team every year. maybe not 2020 but we will see

1 minute ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

I would trade 1.10 for the following years 1st from a non playoff team every year. maybe not 2020 but we will see

I agree most of the time.

37 minutes ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

Or can't pick high because he already traded his pick.

On 6/14/2019 at 10:49 PM, FreeBaGeL said:

Not sure where DTC gets its startup ADP data from.  Mizelle and FFPC both have Landry/Davis/ARob/Lockett/Boyd with ADP in the WR24-WR36 range.

On finish last year Davis/Godwin/Williams were all WR3's who pull similar value.  ARob was a WR4.  Lockett/Landry were both WR2's overall and WR3's in ppg (Woods does fall to early WR2 in ppg).

Anyway, WR1 at WR3 value was somewhat hyperbole (though it's arguable as seen above).  I think it's a bit crazy to see the reactions such as a random 1st and mid 2nd is "pricy" for a relatively young borderline WR1/WR2 and how the 12th WR in a weak class may outscore him this year alone (to be fair anyone "may" outscore anyone, but JJAW outscoring Woods isn't likely and if anyone wants to take even odds on that I'll wager just about any amount of coin).

Barring the euphemisms Woods just isn't a sexy enough name to pull in fair value for his recent production and situation going forward.  He's a talented guy who is the lead target in one of the best offenses in football that will probably be even more pass heavy this year.  He's a bad sell right now imo.

Woods is a good, solid player. He’s been in the league for six years and last year was the first time he’s made any noise. The most TD’s he’s ever scored was six, and that was last year. He’s got two other guys to compete with for catches, and defenses have a whole year of this offense to study now.

I think the entire LA offense takes a step back this year. I think Kupp is the top dog (once he recovers fully), and Woods will be a back end WR 2 for the next few years (He was WR 16 last year in my league so that’s not that much different).

Solid guy. Good receiver. Just not someone  I’m giving up a 2020 1st along with a good shot at a good WR at 2.06 this year.

5 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

Like going to the strip club- seems pricey for just Chubb. If hunt weren’t lurking I can get behind it more. 

Wow. Was that @Soulfly3? Way too much for Chubb. 

On 6/13/2019 at 3:32 PM, ChuckLiddell said:

12 team PPR

A - Melvin Gordon 

for

B - Aaron Jones, Devonta Freeman, Malcolm Brown

B has Gurley and Jamaal Williams, so this solidifies up his backfield

Bumping this one because it didnt get one single comment and I am interested to hear some thoughts on it f anyone has any.  I traded away Gordon in this deal.  Surprisingly little remorse, but I am an Aaron Jones believer.

11 minutes ago, ChuckLiddell said:

Bumping this one because it didnt get one single comment and I am interested to hear some thoughts on it f anyone has any.  I traded away Gordon in this deal.  Surprisingly little remorse, but I am an Aaron Jones believer.

I like Jones a lot and Freeman could be big this year and may he undervalued. I've never owned Gordon but I have been matched up against his box scores. Lots of people are worried about his health. I am hesitant to move for him so I think I like the Jones side. I don't love Freeman enough to make me pull the trigger though. Seems close.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sebowski said:

Wow. Was that @Soulfly3? Way too much for Chubb. 

pffff you think id have to TRADE for chubb? 

i own him wherever I play

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChuckLiddell said:

Honestly, I'd prefer Gordon by a good margin. He's an every week stud, and he's still in his prime. He's arguably still getting better, as he's improved every season.

I also think the idea if locking up the Rams and Packers backfields is flawed, because Henderson is likely the handcuff(at least) for Gurley, and its possible(probable even) Dexter Williams beats out Jamaal Williams. 

I'm also not a big Freeman guy, and wonder if his body is breaking down. 

Sorry to be a downer.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Honestly, I'd prefer Gordon by a good margin. He's an every week stud, and he's still in his prime. He's arguably still getting better, as he's improved every season.

I also think the idea if locking up the Rams and Packers backfields is flawed, because Henderson is likely the handcuff(at least) for Gurley, and its possible(probable even) Dexter Williams beats out Jamaal Williams. 

I'm also not a big Freeman guy, and wonder if his body is breaking down. 

Sorry to be a downer.

All good, I appreciate the feedback!  I am not a Henderson believer myself - at least not as a feature back.  I think he fits more as a COP back.  I really feel that Brown is the handcuff to Gurley.  I realize that is not the groupthink, but looking at both of their athletic profiles and measurables, I think Brown would get at least half the carries if Gurley went down and be the more valuable back.  If Gurley stays healthy, I think Henderson would be the more valuable of the 2.  Basically, I think Henderson's role remains close to the same regardless.  I also love me some Aaron Jones!  I think the coaching staff and a couple of annoying injuries were all that held him back from being an every week RB1.  

7 hours ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

7 hours ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

Then turned that 2020 1st, Damien Williams, and 2019 3.10 into Deshaun Watson and Justin Houston. This is a 12 team super flex IDP and defensive big plays are highly rewarded. Houston is now a DE. :)

14 team PPR

Gave: Kenyan Drake, Preston Williams

Got: Devin Singletary

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

14 team PPR

Id take Drake & preston

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

14 team PPR

Interesting. I'd have Drake miles ahead of Singletary in value so this is a bit odd to me (adding a piece on top, even if just a flier), but I realise I might be lower than most on him. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Id take Drake & preston

13 minutes ago, RushHour said:

Interesting. I'd have Drake miles ahead of Singletary in value so this is a bit odd to me (adding a piece on top, even if just a flier), but I realise I might be lower than most on him. 

I think ADP probably backs you guys up right now. I've been trying to deal or package Drake for ages in this league and nobody likes him. Now that alone isn't a good reason to sell a guy "cheaper", but I hate owning guys I can't flip. I think I'll be able to package Singletary more easily in the types of consolidatipn deals I was attempting with Drake, and for me that's the decider. I'll get back whatever value I lost here when I'm able to make a deal with a rebuild that Drake wasn't allowing me to make. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

14 team PPR

I take both easily over Singletary alone.  But everyone knew that already.  

19 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

I take both easily over Singletary alone.  But everyone knew that already.  

You would take Preston Williams over a 3rd round RB? Interesting. 

12 team PPR

Team A got: Mack, D. Freeman, Fuller, McLaurin

Team B got: Diggs, Cohen, Dexter Williams

Team C got: David Montgomery, Watkins, Rivers(non-superflex)

Team D got: Todd Gurley, Malcom Brown, Josh Rosen

57 minutes ago, tdmills said:

12 team PPR

I’ll take the Gurley side. He’s being written off too quickly, and I free up a roster spot by instantly cutting Rosen.

19 hours ago, ChuckLiddell said:

It’s risky. Gordon is a proven commodity, and seems a good bet to continue that production until the wheels fall off, which may be a couple years. Freeman and jones both seem like guys who will start this year but could easily be replaced. 

If jones gets most of the work in GB and keeps the job going forward he could be solid, but is only 1.5 years younger than Gordon. Freeman is a good back but seems destined to split time or miss time. He’s only a year older than Gordon though and Coleman is gone, so perhaps he’s under the radar. 

Interesting deal really. Hoping for a freeman rebound or jones taking a step, but wonder if you made an overly complicated deal for brown, who you seem to want as a handcuff. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You would take Preston Williams over a 3rd round RB? Interesting. 

He would but he has insane man love for preston...

12 team TE premium a few trades from the rookie draft last weekend

Team A sends 1.09

Team B sends Lindsey

Deal 2

Team C Sends 1.12

Team B sends Royce Freeman

Deal 3

Team B sends 3.12, '20 3rd

Team D Sends 3.02 (took D Knox)

Deal 4

Team E sends Lev Bell

Team F sends 1.07, 2.12, '20 1st

21 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

Team A sends 1.09

Team B sends Lindsey

Deal 2

Team C Sends 1.12

Deal 3

Deal 4

Team E sends Lev Bell

A lot for Freeman IMO

26 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

Team A sends 1.09

Team B sends Lindsey

Deal 2

Team C Sends 1.12

Deal 3

Deal 4

Team E sends Lev Bell

Freeman

Knox

picks by a little

7 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

A lot for Freeman IMO

Possibly yes, but no one is trading Freeman for a 2nd. I imagine it as if Freeman were released by his owner and was available this draft. I'd bet hed go before 1.12

10 hours ago, tdmills said:

12 team PPR

I'll take the Diggs side in the 1st deal. The Rookies are whatever, but Diggs>Mack+Fuller, and Cohen=Freeman to me. 

Great deal for the Gurley side. I would have wanted a ton more for Gurley. Like 2 better players than Watkins/Rivers, or multiple 1st rounders.

1 hour ago, Pwingles said:

Team A sends 1.09

Team B sends Lindsey

Deal 2

Team C Sends 1.12

Deal 3

Deal 4

Team E sends Lev Bell

I think team B lost all 3 deals. Needlessly breaking up the Broncos backfield for guys unlikely to be as productive, and trading 2 picks(even late ones) for a very meh TE. 

I'd probably prefer Bell, especially if that 1.7 was an earned pick, meaning the addition of Bell, likely makes next year's 1st even lower. 

• Like 1

Typo, was looking at the wrong line of text when i was re typing them from the league activity section onto here.

Deal 3 was actually the same pick trade but the selection was Irv Smith (whoops)

Posted (edited)
On 6/16/2019 at 11:55 AM, ChuckLiddell said:

In terms of 2019 points, I can see a scenario where Freeman and Gordon put up very comparable totals.  By that measure you come out ahead by almost a whole Aaron Jones.

In terms of future value, I can see a scenario where Jones is the most valuable player of the three in spring of 2020.

Edited by tangfoot

On 6/16/2019 at 11:55 AM, ChuckLiddell said:

Mevlin....

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:55 AM, ChuckLiddell said:

I too am a big Aaron Jones guy, so I'll take your side.  If Freeman can stay healthy, he should rival(if not potentially surpass) Melvin's output this season.  

On 6/17/2019 at 8:46 AM, Pwingles said:

Team A sends 1.09

Team B sends Lindsey

Deal 2

Team C Sends 1.12

Deal 3

Deal 4

Team E sends Lev Bell

I think i like lindsay better than 1.9 and Freeman better than 1.12 but i like two firsts better than the pair, if that makes any sense at all. 

The chance at a good starting running back is worth a late first in a weak rb draft, even though both guys have risk.  There aren't any sure things in the late first this year - i think a guy like mecole hardman or Paris Campbell has upside to be about as good

But I don't like either guy so much that I'd give two firsts for the pair. Because now I'm getting one of 3 things - a good rb and his backup, two mediocre rbs that eat into each other's touches too much, or two guys that both get screwed when Denver takes a back early in an upcoming draft.  I feel like there are better players available for two firsts, even 2019 1.9 and 1.12. 

If i could trade either pick on the clock for a 2020 first - even if i have to bundle something with it - it's a huge win for the guy getting the picks. I'd gladly take an early 2020 first over the pair and i think two 2019 firsts could get me into that range. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2019 at 8:59 AM, travdogg said:

I'd probably prefer Bell, especially if that 1.7 was an earned pick, meaning the addition of Bell, likely makes next year's 1st even lower. 

Im the team that traded for Bell, it was actually the 1.11, 2.12 and my 2020 1st. That being said the 7 was my draft slot.

Needed a lot of help on this team as a middling roster.

QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLX, FLX, FLX, FLX

QB: R. Wilson, M. Trubisky 

RB: C. Mccaffrey, L. Bell, A. Jones, D. Guice, D. Lewis, R. Jones, P. Barber 

WR: A. Cooper, M. Williams, C. Kirk, E. Sanders, N. Agholor, D. Jax, L. Treadwell, J. Ross, J. Doctson, C. Hogan, P. Dorsett

TE: H. Henry, E. Engram, A. Hooper, R. Gronkowski 

Edited by Run It Up

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:41 PM, Aunt Jemima said:

FFPC

Team A gives Michael Thomas, later 2020 2nd

Team B gives Guice, Hunter Henry, Sammy Watkins

bumping my own from last week, any opinions?

11 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima said:

bumping my own from last week, any opinions?

Thomas side by a mile. He's an elite stud, and he's still getting better. Classic case of quality>quantity 

• Like 3