What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

12 team PPR

A gets: Cooks, Yeldon, Karlos Williams

B gets: 1.01, K.Benjamin, J-Stew
Cooks vs Benjamin - maybe cooks? 

1.1 vs yeldon and Williams - maybe yeldon and Williams? 

Personally this feels like stewart for free but I can see both sides

I would not give Gurley for Elliott and Cooks.

Can't blame you for that.  a lot depends on Elliott's landing spot.  If he falls into a good situation he could be as good in FF as Gurley.

I definitely prefer Gurley, don't get me wrong, but there is no reason that both Elliott and Gurley can't be super studs over the next 5 years.  Of course Gurley is safer since he's already shown the ability to be a star.

12 Team 1PPR, Superflex, Devy League (Q/Q/W/W/R/R/TE/Flex)

Team A: Donte Moncrief

Team B: Nick Chubb, Brian Quick

I was the side getting Chubb. I had a loaded team at QB/WR but little at running back (Dez/AJG/Allen/Cobb/Marshall/Diggs/Djax/Moncrief) so I targeted some backs. Gurley/LeVeon were off limits, DJ owner wanted Moncrief/1st+ (Not bad, but our draft is rookie/devy combined), Fournette owner literally wanted Randall Cobb/Keenan Allen/Moncrief/1st for just Fournette, and the Chubb owner said he would add to Chubb to get Moncrief so that seemed like the much better value.

12 Team 1PPR, Superflex, Devy League (Q/Q/W/W/R/R/TE/Flex)

Team A: Donte Moncrief

Team B: Nick Chubb, Brian Quick

I was the side getting Chubb. I had a loaded team at QB/WR but little at running back (Dez/AJG/Allen/Cobb/Marshall/Diggs/Djax/Moncrief) so I targeted some backs. Gurley/LeVeon were off limits, DJ owner wanted Moncrief/1st+ (Not bad, but our draft is rookie/devy combined), Fournette owner literally wanted Randall Cobb/Keenan Allen/Moncrief/1st for just Fournette, and the Chubb owner said he would add to Chubb to get Moncrief so that seemed like the much better value.
Chubb side, and good chance this ends up a landslide victory for the Chubb side.  

2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2FLEX .5ppr 10 team league - not involved

Team A traded:  Latavius Murray

Team B traded:  Brock Osweiler

bostonfred said:
Cooks vs Benjamin - maybe cooks? 

1.1 vs yeldon and Williams - maybe yeldon and Williams? 

Personally this feels like stewart for free but I can see both sides
I was the Cooks side.  I viewed it as Cooks > 1.1 (or closer to even but still Cooks), Yeldon = K. Benjamin and K.Williams > J.Stew

Stewart was almost a throw in for me.  He'll be 29 this year, does nothing in the passing game and has been healthy only for a season or two.  I had the option of giving Dorsett instead of Stewart and kept Dorsett.  

His value is all over the place, many think he is the next big thing. Others see the next Jeremy Hill, Doug Martin or Trent Richardson

12 team TE-Premium PPR, QB, 1-2 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-2 TE, IDPs

Team A gets:

Sammy Watkins, Brandon Coleman, 3.06, 4.01, 4.06, 5.01, 5.06, 2017 TBD 4th (likely early), 2017 TBD 5th (likely early)

Team B gets:

2017 1st (mid-late likely), 2017 2nd (mid-late likely), Marcus Peters, Pierre Garcon, Seth Roberts

Last edited by a moderator:
My second dynasty trade!

jordan reed plus a 4 for Jeremy hill.

Ppr but no te bonus.

I REALLY needed rb help and am hoping hill bounces back.  Did I give up reed too easy?

I personally think it's fine. Last year Hill was first rounder now all of a sudden 5th rounder. Reed was 7th rounder then 12th rounder now back to 5th rounder and the concussion issues are still there.

FFPC 12 team TE Premium

Traded - Travis Kelce, 2017 4th (late)

for

Received - 1.06, 2017 1st (likely top 5), 2017 3rd

buck naked said:
FFPC 12 team TE Premium

Traded - Travis Kelce, 2017 4th (late)

for

Received - 1.06, 2017 1st (likely top 5), 2017 3rd
I'd trade Kelce for two 1sts in a heartbeat.  That's a lot more than I could get for him earlier in the offseason...

12 team .75ppr qrrwwwtf 6 pt TDs

gave odell 

got A Rodgers, josh Gordon, 2016 2.03, 2017 1st 

gave brees

got 2016 2.11

12 team .75ppr qrrwwwtf 

gave odell 

got A Rodgers, josh Gordon, 2016 2.03, 2017 1st 
This looks like the kind of deal where the team getting Odell was a very good team with a good amount of extra resources, then went out and solidified himself as the favorite. 

How did you reached that conclusion? Couldn't the team trading OBJ be in are build stage or hold limited good players. They basically traded one elite player (OBJ) for another elite player (ARod) and picked up a moon shot and a couple of high draft picks. Both narrative fit the trade IMO...

How did you reached that conclusion? Couldn't the team trading OBJ be in are build stage or hold limited good players. They basically traded one elite player (OBJ) for another elite player (ARod) and picked up a moon shot and a couple of high draft picks. Both narrative fit the trade IMO...
I finished 2nd as a top team moving forward the new odell owner is more in rebuild mode, is confident in cousins moving forward and put arod on the block. I believe his 2017 1st gives me a shot at Chubb fournette etc and decided to also gamble on Gordon and give him arguably the #1 dynasty asset

It simply looked like the kind of deal that good team with extra assets would make to become a top team. 

I would not expect a rebuilding team to trade OBJ away when probably the most valuable piece coming back is a 33 year old QB in a 1 QB league, but I could see a middle of the road team trade away OBJ to try and improve their starting lineup plugging in Rodgers with Gordon, and maybe use those other pieces for another player (not the kind of deal I would personally make, but see people do it all the time). 

I would also not expect a top team to trade away OBJ for that package (which is what seems to have happened). 

Savage, you also said you think you might get a top pick with his 2017 1st, but you likely just made his team a lot better, so keep that in mind.

It simply looked like the kind of deal that good team with extra assets would make to become a top team. 

I would not expect a rebuilding team to trade OBJ away when probably the most valuable piece coming back is a 33 year old QB in a 1 QB league, but I could see a middle of the road team trade away OBJ to try and improve their starting lineup plugging in Rodgers with Gordon, and maybe use those other pieces for another player (not the kind of deal I would personally make, but see people do it all the time). 

I would also not expect a top team to trade away OBJ for that package (which is what seems to have happened). 

Savage, you also said you think you might get a top pick with his 2017 1st, but you likely just made his team a lot better, so keep that in mind.
I think it's equally likely I just torpedoed the guy's depth and he's worse as a result. Could be many years before the true winner of this trade is known

I think it's equally likely I just torpedoed the guy's depth and he's worse as a result. Could be many years before the true winner of this trade is known
Well, I would project OBJ to score quite a bit more than Gordon.  Probably 100 more points. and that is if Gordon plays all year.   Will Rodgers outscore Cousins (or whoever he uses at QB) by 100?  Maybe, but I say that is much less likely than OBJ scoring a lot more than Gordon. 

As for your team (which is the most important part of a deal) dealing away OBJ for Rodgers/Gordon does not make your team better.  I guess if you had the worst QB out there and nothing on waivers it would make sense, but I don't know your roster limits. 

You are definitely betting on Gordon, and you are betting BIG on Gordon.

And not sure why you think you torpedoed his depth.  He just picked up OBJ and didn't trade away any RB/WR/TEs who did anything for him last year.  Say COusins scores in the same ballpark as Rodgers, his team is a lot better THIS year due to this trade.  Future?  Who knows, but this particular trade IMO make his 2017 1st a worse pick for it's new owner.

I am not calling it some bad trade or anything, just not the kind of trade I would make if I had a top end team.  I would not want to deal away arguably the #1 dynasty WR in a PPR single QB league for a 33 year old QB, a WR who hasnt played in two years due to a bunch of suspensions, and a future pick. 

Ghostguy's analysis seems pretty sound here.  It's not an outrageously imbalanced deal, but the team getting Gordon is essentially forced to count on him producing close to OBJ levels to not be taking a step back.

I'm a big believer in stocking up on 2017 1sts, but I don't have that much confidence in Gordon...to me he's still a high upside gamble rather than a locked-in WR1. 

If Gordon blows up this year and posts Soulfly numbers, this deal looks a lot better for the team that dealt away Beckham.

Ghostguy's analysis seems pretty sound here.  It's not an outrageously imbalanced deal, but the team getting Gordon is essentially forced to count on him producing close to OBJ levels to not be taking a step back.

I'm a big believer in stocking up on 2017 1sts, but I don't have that much confidence in Gordon...to me he's still a high upside gamble rather than a locked-in WR1. 

If Gordon blows up this year and posts Soulfly numbers, this deal looks a lot better for the team that dealt away Beckham.
I did also get Aaron Rodgers and two good picks in the trade, 6 pt TD league. I don't like wasting roster spots streaming qbs. You guys are correct in that a lot of the risk is now on me with Gordon. I think the Browns start to do it right with hue Jackson, take a qb, and Gordon becomes very valuable 

I did also get Aaron Rodgers and two good picks in the trade, 6 pt TD league. I don't like wasting roster spots streaming qbs. You guys are correct in that a lot of the risk is now on me with Gordon. I think the Browns start to do it right with hue Jackson, take a qb, and Gordon becomes very valuable 
IMO the 6 pt TD is important information that was left off. I think that makes it more balanced and basically a coin toss as to the winner. 

ouch think that is an overpay for matthews

I'm not even a Matthews believer, but who exactly do you think is going to be available at 1.8 in this class to make this an overpay? The 2.1 isn't worth much and the 3.12 is a throw in. Seems like a big drop off after the 1.4, then another one after 1.6. 

Users who are viewing this thread