What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

Pretty loaded roster in a 12 team league that's been to the finals 4 times in the past 6 years where I've lost Luck, Robinson, basically Jameis, and Olsen for most of the year.  I'm still a virtual lock for the playoffs and needed reinforcements for another run with these guys.

I traded Andy Dalton, Paxton Lynch, Thomas Rawls, CJ Fiedorowicz, and my 1st and 2nd rounders in 2018 (18 rostered devy players dilute the field)

I got Drew Brees, Jordan  Howard, and Desean Jackson

Main pieces of roster are now:

Brees, WInston, Cutler

Howard, Ingram, Martin, Murray, Powell, Forte

Landry, Dez, Demaryius, Crabtree, Jackson, Kearse

Olsen, Rudolph, ASJ

kutta said:
12 team PPR - start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex (RB, WR, TE), 1K, 1D.

Gave Demaryius Thomas

Got mid/late 2018 Round 1 draft pick

There's probably no way I'm going to win it this year (4-5 and I've lost DJ, and have both Adams and Jordy with no Rodgers). Thought I'd get a little younger and punt on DT.
I'd like to think Thomas is worth more, but probably not. 

PPR

Diggs + 2018 2nd

For

Hyde + Engram
I think Hyde and engram, but fair.

12 team PPR, dynasty, TE yardage bonus

Jimmy Graham

for

Alex Collins, Tyler Eifert, 2018 2nd (mid to late)
Not a bad return for Jimmy.

Pretty loaded roster in a 12 team league that's been to the finals 4 times in the past 6 years where I've lost Luck, Robinson, basically Jameis, and Olsen for most of the year.  I'm still a virtual lock for the playoffs and needed reinforcements for another run with these guys.

I traded Andy Dalton, Paxton Lynch, Thomas Rawls, CJ Fiedorowicz, and my 1st and 2nd rounders in 2018 (18 rostered devy players dilute the field)

Brees, WInston, Cutler

Olsen, Rudolph, ASJ
Yeah terrible for the side giving Howard.  It would heavily favor that side even if the draft weren't devy weakened.

kutta said:
12 team PPR - start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex (RB, WR, TE), 1K, 1D.

Gave Demaryius Thomas

Got mid/late 2018 Round 1 draft pick

There's probably no way I'm going to win it this year (4-5 and I've lost DJ, and have both Adams and Jordy with no Rodgers). Thought I'd get a little younger and punt on DT.
Fair for both sides. I would take DT if contending 

Why do people do stuff like this. So bad.
Because you can't get anything for certain players. I took over a team last year and started to rebuild. I tried to sell Tate for any 2017 1st from a contender and got nothing, fast forward to this year and I started 3- 0 and then injuries hit and I decided to keep going with the rebuild, I still can't get a single contender to pay a 2018 1st for Tate. These are late 1sts too.

Because you can't get anything for certain players. I took over a team last year and started to rebuild. I tried to sell Tate for any 2017 1st from a contender and got nothing, fast forward to this year and I started 3- 0 and then injuries hit and I decided to keep going with the rebuild, I still can't get a single contender to pay a 2018 1st for Tate. These are late 1sts too.
Tate is a pretty popular buy for contenders looking towards the playoffs now, so your luck might change. I've seen multiple people in my leagues talk about buying him in their other leagues, but idk. Sometimes its not worth it to throw a guy away just because you can't get good value...every rebuild doesn't need to be strip-mined down to nothing to get the 1.01...that type of rebuild can work, for sure. That's my preferred method--a quick 1-year rebuild/retool where I trade everything for draft picks and injured studs, aim for the 1.01, draft stud rookies if I like them and flip the rest of the picks back into competitive pieces to go with my studs returning from injury, etc. Then you have the similar, but more patient technique of stripping a team down to nothing but picks and prospects, and actually using all the draft picks, and watching your team grow into its next window of opportunity to compete. 

But you don't have to do it that way. If leaguemates aren't valuing guys like Golden Tate, Marvin Jones, Crabtree, hell even players like Ginn and Gore etc. it may be time to take advantage of that inefficiency in the market, flip that rebuild around, and go win now. That means there are probably lots of other non-sexy producers out there you could get cheaper than you'd expect as well. 

Idk. I just hate giving away good pieces for nothing just because I'm rebuilding and there isn't currently a good market. A better shot at the 1.01 isn't always worth that. Chad Williams and M. Sanu might as well be garbage, basically. Unless Golden Tate is the only thing standing between your roster and the obvious 1.01, its probably not worth it to throw him away. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Another trade for my rebuilding team. Went they just before the game today

I gave: Rawls and Kelley

I got: Tyrell Williams

other guy has a chance at playoffs but didn't have anything at RB besides McKinnon so 1 of those guys will be a starter for him. Neither held any future value for me so hopefully tyrell gets to leave this summer for greener pastures

rizzonius said:
10 team Dynasty, 0.5 point PPR, start 1/2/3/1

I give Allen Robinson

I get Evan Engram

I have Travis Kelce on my roster.  Overall my team is weaker in WR than other positions (Hilton, Thielen, Pryor, Woods, T. Benjamin are next best WRs).
Engram by a ton. I consider him the #1 TE in dynasty, a healthy, fast and younger Jordan Reed and he can produce WR1 type numbers at the TE position. Plus he is healthy and that's where the "by a ton" comes in. I'd go Engram over AROB if both healthy because of the advantage that Engram can give teams at the TE spot, but trading an injured player for a healthy adds to the Engram side and turns this from a win for the Engram side to a big win.

Minor deal in FFPC:

Gave: Booker, projected late third round pick

Got: Second round pick that could be anywhere but I'd guess middling to an early second, late would by last guess.

On paper a one round bump, but I think reality will be in 1.5 to almost 2 round bump and difference been a late third and potential early second can be huge.

I like Booker and think his value will continue to grow as the season goes on. Team that got him has CJ Anderson so makes sense for them. My team does not need Booker right now as much as I need his roster space and he'd have do a lot for me to keep when off-season cuts are due so just cashing him out now. In my opinion the advantage of holding him would be to see if I'm right and his value grows but trade deadline next week and I could use the roster room.

Bought Larry Fitz in 2 dynasty leagues before the game

Gave up early 18 2nd/mid 18 3rd rounder for Fitz

-------------

Gave up Alex Collins, Nelson Agholor for Fitz

i know he won't get 20 every week, but should be a solid contributor 

Brees, WInston, Cutler

Olsen, Rudolph, ASJ
I own Howard in a few on my dynasty leagues and wouldn't trade all that crap for him, especially in a devy league.

10 team, start 1b, rb, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, IDPs...

Team A (lost both Rodgers and Watson, still fighting for playoffs) trades Watson and a 2019 2nd

Team B (totally out of the playoffs this year, rebuilding) trades Brees, a 2019 1st and a 2018 2nd (his own, likely early)

12 Team PPR:

Gave: Gio, 2018 4 (mid to late)

Got: 2018 2 (mid to late), Barber

Love the talent, hate the usage. Decided to just move on. 

12 Team PPR:

Gave: Gio, 2018 4 (mid to late)

Got: 2018 2 (mid to late), Barber

Love the talent, hate the usage. Decided to just move on. 
Agree on the bolded and think you made out well.

Did the Mixon owner buy him? I think he should have good value to the Mixon owner since it's likely Hill bolts and will be just these two left.  I know they draft RB's a lot but I feel like they got other issue to address so I feel good about it being Mixon/Gio for next season or two.  So I'd pay that for him if I had Mixon, otherwise no.

Agree on the bolded and think you made out well.

Did the Mixon owner buy him? I think he should have good value to the Mixon owner since it's likely Hill bolts and will be just these two left.  I know they draft RB's a lot but I feel like they got other issue to address so I feel good about it being Mixon/Gio for next season or two.  So I'd pay that for him if I had Mixon, otherwise no.
Mixon owner wasn't interested. Sold to a team with really weak RBs. Collins, Gillislee, Yeldon, Richard, McGuire.

12 team PPR

Made three trades within the past week with the same owner.  He has decided to tank, and i'm in 1st place and outscoring the 2nd place team by over 100 points on the season.  I normally wouldn't make win now trades, but the satisfaction of potentially winning back-to-back years after I took 4 years off from dynasty leagues was too much to resist.

Trade one:

Gave: 

Cooper Kupp

2018 1st (obviously will be a late 1st)

Got:

Carlos Hyde

Trade two:

Gave:

Josh Gordon, 3rd round FA pick

Got:

1st round FA pick (will be a high pick since he is tanking)

Trade three....BIG ONE:

Gave:

Derrick Henry

Alshon Jeffery

2018 3rd

Got:

AJ Green

Theo Riddick

Current roster (helps to explain the win now moves):

Aaron Rodgers

Andy Dalton

Patrick Mahomes

Ryan Fizpatrick

Melvin Gordon

Carlos Hyde

Demarco Murray

Duke Johnson

Bilal Powell

Theo Riddick

DeAngelo Henderson

(Oh yeah these WR's are stupid)

Julio Jones

Mike Evans

AJ Green

Kelvin Benjamin

Chris Hogan

Kenny Golladay

Taywon Taylor

Travis Kelce

Austin Hooper

12 team PPR Dynasty-

Team A- Top team in league- Gave Luck, Paul Richardson, Michael Thomas (Saints), Kittle, Jonnu Smith. 2018 rookie picks currently picks 3 and 10.  Both look pretty close to staying at or close to those spots.  

Team B- Currently second place in the league- Gave Alex Smith, Antonio Brown and Cameron Brate. 

12 team PPR Dynasty-

Team A- Top team in league- Gave Luck, Paul Richardson, Michael Thomas (Saints), Kittle, Jonnu Smith. 2018 rookie picks currently picks 3 and 10.  Both look pretty close to staying at or close to those spots.  

Team B- Currently second place in the league- Gave Alex Smith, Antonio Brown and Cameron Brate. 
Overpay by the two first rounders.

12 Team PPR, start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex, Superflex

Team A (9th in total points scored but leading his division thanks to having nearly 200 less points against than the next closest team) gets: Melvin Gordon and Michael Crabtree

Team B (rebuilding) gets: Ezekiel Elliott and Jordan Matthews

Team A gets: Drew Brees

Team C (rebuilding) gets: Julio Jones

I totally understand the first trade for someone that wants to take advantage of their luck and try to win this year, even if it's a slight downgrade for the future. I couldn't believe the second trade when I saw it... his only QBs were Big Ben and Trubisky, but that still is a huge price to pay for a QB that's at the tail end of his career.

12 Team PPR. start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 D; Devy league - 12 draft-eligible devys picked each year

Team A (contender, team currently 5th but very good roster - team just lost Zeke due to suspension) got:

Lamar Miller, RB HOU JJ Nelson, WR, ARI and Jared Cook, TE, Oak

Team B (last place but has some building blocks and some promising devys on roster) got:

Kalen Ballage, RB Devy ASU, Laquon Treadwell, WR, MIN, George Kittle, TE, SF and 2019 Round 2 pick

I would take Green but I like that for a rebuild 
I don't like it at all...

A late 1st is a dice roll; Mahomes is unproven and Smith has given no reason to be replaced.  Adams is reliant on Rodgers and that's even a question mark going forward.  Its not hard to find QB projects or emerging WRs.  I think you could get more for Green.

Made a couple of deals to make the final push for the championship. I'm Team A and will be tied for the lead in my conference after this week. Team B is a bottom five team.

Team A gave up Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB Def; Year 2018 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team A

Team B gave up Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def; Year 2018 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team B

Team A gave up Garoppolo, Jimmy SFO QB;Ajayi, Jay PHI RB;Benjamin, Kelvin BUF WR; Year 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team A

Team C gave up Kelley, Rob WAS RB;Cooks, Brandin NEP WR

I was never a believer in Ajayi to Benjamin so the upgrade to Cooks was a no brainer although I hate moving my 1st. In the first deal, I love the Bal D schedule the rest of the season.

DropKick said:
I don't like it at all...

A late 1st is a dice roll; Mahomes is unproven and Smith has given no reason to be replaced.  Adams is reliant on Rodgers and that's even a question mark going forward.  Its not hard to find QB projects or emerging WRs.  I think you could get more for Green.
When are people going to give Adams the credit he deserves? He's 14 points behind AJG on the season with 2 less targets and hasn't had Arog throwing him the ball for a month. AJG is a hall of fame level talent, but his window of production is closing. Adams is the WR1 now in GB. That's a solid deal for a rebuilding team, imo. 

12 team TE premium ppr, QB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLX, FLX, K, DL, DB, LB, DFLX

Sent G. Everett, T, Flowers, J. Elliot, 2018 late 2nd

Received K. Mack, G. Zuerlein, 2018 early 3rd

This went down in my 10 man dynasty superflex QQRRWWFFT w full IDP

A) Lynch and Oakland backups, Julio Jones, Justin Houston, 2 and a 3

for 

B) Kareem Hunt, Doug Baldwin, Cooper Kupp, Kyle Van Noy and a 7

Users who are viewing this thread