What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

We start two TEs, Ebron finished as the #6 TE with Luck last year. I planned on using that pick on Fant or TJ but I prefer Ebron over both this year and in the future for different reasons.

Tex
thats fair

TE usually take awhile to develop (see Ebron) but having Luck is a game changer too. So that combined with age and I see your point. Fant and Hock will likely be decent but their near term success is prolly limited

BigTex said:
We start two TEs, Ebron finished as the #6 TE with Luck last year. I planned on using that pick on Fant or TJ but I prefer Ebron over both this year and in the future for different reasons.

Tex
I honestly think ebron over hock and fant long term is crazy talk.   Both five years younger. Dynasty te premo makes it worse imo

the colts threw to ebron so much last year out of desperation.  That shouldn’t be the case this season.  Likely td regression after 13 last year as well

I honestly think ebron over hock and fant long term is crazy talk.   Both five years younger. Dynasty te premo makes it worse imo

the colts threw to ebron so much last year out of desperation.  That shouldn’t be the case this season.  Likely td regression after 13 last year as well
what was the desperation that has been addressed this year?  Funchess? Campbell?  

Fant is still having the droppies and we don’t know who his QB will be in the future.

TJ is in Detroit who hasn’t produced a top TE since when?

Tex

what was the desperation that has been addressed this year?  Funchess? Campbell?  
And a healthy Doyle.   Colts wr/te Corp was riddled with injuries last year

do you think ebron will match his 110 targets and 13 tds next year?

i would easily take the under on both those numbers

Fant is still having the droppies and we don’t know who his QB will be in the future.

TJ is in Detroit who hasn’t produced a top TE since when?

Tex
We don’t know who Ebrons qb will be in the future.  He has a team option for 2020

when was the last time Detroit had a te that was as good of a football player as hock?  I don’t know.  Certainly before ebrons time

And a healthy Doyle.   Colts wr/te Corp was riddled with injuries last year

do you think ebron will match his 110 targets and 13 tds next year?

i would easily take the under on both those numbers
I think the number that should be more concerning for Ebron owners is snap to TD percentage. Has to be lowest in NFL. The question is why did he play so few snaps or why didn’t defenses know when he was on the field he was going to catch a pass. Do the defenses change this year on  him.

the “talent” brought in brings minimal threat to his numbers.

I think the number that should be more concerning for Ebron owners is snap to TD percentage. Has to be lowest in NFL. The question is why did he play so few snaps or why didn’t defenses know when he was on the field he was going to catch a pass. Do the defenses change this year on  him.

the “talent” brought in brings minimal threat to his numbers.
This is why I sold

I also dont think he will have 110 targets and 13 tds. those numbers, especially TDs, arent sustainable

oddly enough, I sold him because I also have hockenson (engrams te1)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why I sold

I also dont think he will have 110 targets and 13 tds. those numbers, especially TDs, arent sustainable

oddly enough, I sold him because I also have hockenson (engrams te1)
I am not sure selling is the right move.  

I want to know why the Colts thought Ebron should only be on the field for limited snaps, basically when he would catch a pass.

They could certainly have him on the field more, I don't know what the reason was for this, but he was incredibly productive for the snaps he played.

I would be weary, just don't think I would sell on this.

I am not sure selling is the right move.  

I want to know why the Colts thought Ebron should only be on the field for limited snaps, basically when he would catch a pass.

They could certainly have him on the field more, I don't know what the reason was for this, but he was incredibly productive for the snaps he played.

I would be weary, just don't think I would sell on this.
I understand, I just saw a great opportunity and a lot of uncertainty with Ebron's future in IND and targets

he is a better all around football player - blocking and Im pretty sure his hands are better.....Will be a better fantasy asset? If he ever has a season like Ebrons last year with Indy....then the lions have something
The trick there is that Ebron was playing with Luck.  No TE has ever thrived with Matt Stafford and this season will be closer statistically to 2018 than Stafford's glory years.

The trick there is that Ebron was playing with Luck.  No TE has ever thrived with Matt Stafford and this season will be closer statistically to 2018 than Stafford's glory years.
Stafford had multiple fractures in his back last year and played through it.  He had his fewest yards in the last 9 years by 500, and 700 fewer than 2017, with fewer passing touchdowns.  It seems reasonable to blame that on a combination of the tate trade and him not having the zip on his fastball.  A full year with the same starters, an upgraded running game and a healthy back could be a recipe for a bounce back season. 

I'm not buying shares of any lions either though.  Just not a team I'm interested in rooting for for fantasy even though i have always loved Stafford's toughness.  

12 team devy dynasty league PPR

Team A received: Tarik Cohen, Calvin Ridley, 2020 1st round devy

Team B received: Antonio Brown, TY Hilton

Team A got smoked here in my eyes. Brown and maybe even Hilton too, are individually worth what team A got, let alone together.

Brown>>Hilton>1st>>Ridley>>Cohen

Sure, but prior to 2018 Luck has never had a TE with more than 8 TDs. 

Ebrons 2018 receiving stats are very comparable to what he had IN Detroit, except for TDs. 

So if you think Ebron repeats his TDs from last year, then sure I can see it, but Indys wr group was decimated by injuries and they literally had no one as a redzone threat. They addressed that heavily this offseason so I think Ebrons TDs come down to more around the range of 8, which is still good but probably not top 5

Sure, but prior to 2018 Luck has never had a TE with more than 8 TDs. 

Ebrons 2018 receiving stats are very comparable to what he had IN Detroit, except for TDs. 

So if you think Ebron repeats his TDs from last year, then sure I can see it, but Indys wr group was decimated by injuries and they literally had no one as a redzone threat. They addressed that heavily this offseason so I think Ebrons TDs come down to more around the range of 8, which is still good but probably not top 5
700-8 might be a top-5 TE. It would have been last year. 

Ebron is in that so overrated, he's underrated category. Everybody knows he's going to regress from last year's numbers, but I think its an overreach to assume he's going to go back to being a 500-5 guy. 

I think people are also making way to big of a deal about the snap share when before Doyle got hurt. That feels barely relevant to me. Ebron's performance(while banged up himself) last year, is very likely enough to make Doyle a backup. Also don't see Campbell(yet) or Funchess making big steps into the pecking order. I'd still bet on Ebron being 2nd in targets 2019 at least.

travdogg said:
Team A got smoked here in my eyes. Brown and maybe even Hilton too, are individually worth what team A got, let alone together.

Brown>>Hilton>1st>>Ridley>>Cohen
I'm all for selling 31 & 30 year old WRs.  Look how quickly Demaryius and Dez lost their value.  I'd take Ridley pretty easily over Hilton.  So is Brown worth a 1st/Cohen.  I guess it depends if the team has a chance at a title this year.   

tdmills said:

It's funny because in the dynasty value thread, I was asking about AB by himself and people were saying he should be worth DK Metcalf, another DK Metcalf and a future 1st.  I'd take DK over Cohen and Ridley both personally.  It's basically a free Hilton to me, especially considering its a devy pick. 

travdogg said:
700-8 might be a top-5 TE. It would have been last year. 

Ebron is in that so overrated, he's underrated category. Everybody knows he's going to regress from last year's numbers, but I think its an overreach to assume he's going to go back to being a 500-5 guy. 

I think people are also making way to big of a deal about the snap share when before Doyle got hurt. That feels barely relevant to me. Ebron's performance(while banged up himself) last year, is very likely enough to make Doyle a backup. Also don't see Campbell(yet) or Funchess making big steps into the pecking order. I'd still bet on Ebron being 2nd in targets 2019 at least.
I don’t think there’s any scenario where a healthy Doyle is a strict backup.  He’s a far superior blocker and will play a significant amount of stats as a result. In addition to the tds ebron was also near the league lead in drops.  I think the quality of his play last season is being overstated 

Did people miss how few snaps Ebron played once Doyle got healthy last season? That would terrify me. I'd buy him at a reasonable price if I needed a non-elite TE to flex, but I don't consider 1.04 to be reasonable, even in this class. Especially if I already had those TE's. 

Did people miss how few snaps Ebron played once Doyle got healthy last season? That would terrify me. I'd buy him at a reasonable price if I needed a non-elite TE to flex, but I don't consider 1.04 to be reasonable, even in this class. Especially if I already had those TE's. 
I’m in Dynasty, Doyle will be gone after this year. I’m not the least bit concerned about Ebron’s Value, short or long term. I have two spots available at that position. I got one of the vets I wanted then i’ll get one of the rooks later but I’m happy with the trade.

Tex

Got rid of some dead weight...

Gave Rosen

Got Daniel Jones

Jones can't be much worse than Rosen long term
Meh, I'd rather have Rosen, and maybe by a decent amount. I think Jones was an awful pick, the 2nd worst in the draft after Abram, he went 2 full rounds earlier than he should have. 

Rosen was in a harder situation than any QB in the league, and as hard as any rookie in years. Rosen was a much better prospect, and 1 year isn't enough to erase that for me. Miami seems like they at least have a plan, which is more than I can say for the Giants, despite the Giants having a better supporting cast in 2019. I also expect Rosen to see the field sooner.

Ultimately, this deal is probably irrelevant, but I feel Jones can certainly be much worse than Rosen long term. 

Team A gives Ebron

Team B gives Will Fuller

PPR league. Team B is stacked @ WR & only had Herndon & Gesicki at TE.
Man, that is a toss up. Sign of a very fair deal. I guess I'd lean ever so slightly toward Fuller. 

Team A: Marlon Mack Team B: Kenny Golladay 
Everyone seems to think Mack is replaceable, but Indy not only passed up in the 2019 draft but also with FA; they could have had Bell. IMO this is a huge vote of confidence for Mack. 

Detroit is going to run the ball more, and Hockenson may develop into a large redzone target. I view Golladay as a sell high right now.

I'll take Mack

Everyone seems to think Mack is replaceable, but Indy not only passed up in the 2019 draft but also with FA; they could have had Bell. IMO this is a huge vote of confidence for Mack. 

Detroit is going to run the ball more, and Hockenson may develop into a large redzone target. I view Golladay as a sell high right now.

I'll take Mack
Doesn't mean they will do it again in 2020 when the RB class is supposedly stacked, especially if he doesn't live up to expectations.  Either way I think both guys (Mack and Golladay) are pretty even and each carry some risk, I'd take my chances with Golladay though.  

First Goedert deal I've seen.  FFPC league - not involved. 

Goedert 

for

Irv Smith Jr, 2020 1st (probably a playoff team)

Personally I don't want to buy Goedert.  His price won't match his production.  I love the player, but his high price isn't worth what he's likely to do this year.  He's a long term play, and it makes more sense for rebuild teams to buy him, but then again it doesn't because of the high price it could end up a crippling move.

Jones easily for me. But I’m super down on Rosen and wouldn’t have him on my roster if he was free.
I can understand that position on Rosen even though I dont agree with it, but I feel that same way about Jones personally.  If he goes undrafted in my league, I dont think I would cut anyone at the bottom of my roster (David Moore, Jake Kumerow) for him.

Meh, I'd rather have Rosen, and maybe by a decent amount. I think Jones was an awful pick, the 2nd worst in the draft after Abram, he went 2 full rounds earlier than he should have. 

Rosen was in a harder situation than any QB in the league, and as hard as any rookie in years. Rosen was a much better prospect, and 1 year isn't enough to erase that for me. Miami seems like they at least have a plan, which is more than I can say for the Giants, despite the Giants having a better supporting cast in 2019. I also expect Rosen to see the field sooner.

Ultimately, this deal is probably irrelevant, but I feel Jones can certainly be much worse than Rosen long term. 
I appreciate the opinion and wish I could say I agree. 

I think chances are very high that Miami drafts a qb in 2020 so i dont see Rosen being much more than a Nick Foles type that might get his shot one day. Nobody got time for that

PPR

Boyd, Hooper, 4th, 2020 4th and 5th

1.5, Wentz, Ian Thomas, 2020 2nd and 3rd. 

First Four Draft Picks (Jacobs, Henderson, Murray, Harry) 

Users who are viewing this thread