What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Survivor S32 - Brains Brawn Beauty Part Deux (1 Viewer)

Dumb premise unfortunately back for an encore (although the premise, while dumb, did yield a good season in Cagayan, if you could ignore the winner).

Also, I don't know how great this will be given that they held it back to make room for the Second Chance season (it was filmed earlier). Still, in as always.

The casting of Survivor interests me. You have a show with scantily clad woman but they never give you too many great looking woman. Usually a couple of models then 2-3 attractive woman at most. You'd think they'd give you more.

But the longevity and success of the show speaks for itself. I often think one more hot chick would be good.

Dumb premise unfortunately back for an encore (although the premise, while dumb, did yield a good season in Cagayan, if you could ignore the winner).

Also, I don't know how great this will be given that they held it back to make room for the Second Chance season (it was filmed earlier). Still, in as always.
I don't mind the premise. Reason being, this is usually how people divide themselves up on teams anyways. Might as well start that way and see who gets the upper hand.

I don't see any way a "beauty" would ever win one of these. Brains, beauty, and brawn are all god-gifted to a large extent, so I don't think it's necessarily any more impressive to win a genetic intelligence lottery than it is to win a genetic nice ### lottery. But brains and brawn are the only two that will carry any respect.

I don't see any way a "beauty" would ever win one of these. Brains, beauty, and brawn are all god-gifted to a large extent, so I don't think it's necessarily any more impressive to win a genetic intelligence lottery than it is to win a genetic nice ### lottery. But brains and brawn are the only two that will carry any respect.
Its possible. Some people fit more than one category. You could be in the beauty, but still be intelligent. Overall, I see your point, but by the time the end of the game rolls around, people know the other contestants and generally wont care what tribe the started in.

My only concern is that any awesome things they learned in Second Chance (like the new idol-hidden-in-the-challenge) may not be appearing in this one, but with all fresh faces I'm ok with that. Hoping the next season in the fall takes full advantage of how awesome Second Chance was.
This is what I think happened. I think the season that aired was so good they pushed it to the fall so that it could influence play in the coming seasons. This season is not likely to have that, and from the clips they showed at the last reunion, well I'll put it in the spoiler just in case someone intentionally skipped it and doesn't want to know:

Looks like we could have multiple people medically evac'd, portending a physically demanding season.

Walking Boot said:
Corporation said:
Walking Boot said:

My only concern is that any awesome things they learned in Second Chance (like the new idol-hidden-in-the-challenge) may not be appearing in this one, but with all fresh faces I'm ok with that. Hoping the next season in the fall takes full advantage of how awesome Second Chance was.
This is what I think happened. I think the season that aired was so good they pushed it to the fall so that it could influence play in the coming seasons. This season is not likely to have that, and from the clips they showed at the last reunion, well I'll put it in the spoiler just in case someone intentionally skipped it and doesn't want to know:
Looks like we could have multiple people medically evac'd, portending a physically demanding season.
I think the only reason Second Chance aired first was the live vote during the spring season of last year. They announced the winners and started their game immediately. Then they had to air that one next, wouldn't make sense to announce the cast so publicly then shelve it for a year. That's the only logistical way to make a live-vote season happen, really.

This was Probst's precise explanation. However, it seemed to me that they could have timed the live vote differently. I think there's a comment on the quality of this coming season buried in the approach they did take.

I enjoyed the last Brains, Beauty, Brawn season, so I don't have an issue with the format. I also think that those who are saying the filming/playing order was a comment on the quality of the upcoming season are likely overthinking it. Maybe in comparison to the fall season, but just because that one was really, really good. But I think the plan was always to show that one in that order based on the things that have been said (live vote reveal, etc), not because they wanted to show the "better" season in the fall and made a choice after editing was complete.

I enjoyed the last Brains, Beauty, Brawn season, so I don't have an issue with the format. I also think that those who are saying the filming/playing order was a comment on the quality of the upcoming season are likely overthinking it. Maybe in comparison to the fall season, but just because that one was really, really good. But I think the plan was always to show that one in that order based on the things that have been said (live vote reveal, etc), not because they wanted to show the "better" season in the fall and made a choice after editing was complete.
Especially because they announced the air order before Second Chance even started, so they wouldn't have known which was "better'.
I think they knew they had a on dog on their hands with this one and had a high degree of confidence that SC would be better. But I'm watching anyway; doesn't really matter.

Especially because they announced the air order before Second Chance even started, so they wouldn't have known which was "better'.
I think they knew they had a on dog on their hands with this one and had a high degree of confidence that SC would be better. But I'm watching anyway; doesn't really matter.
:no: There is a perfectly viable explanation, I don't know why we need baseless speculation.

The body building chick has some hate in her heart in a pretty short amount of time. 

I don't mind the vote, either are expendable IMO. 

The poker chick.... :excited:

From the ones that got screen time, I thought the quantitative analyst, the poker player, and Blondie looked the best.  The sorority girl was pretty cute.  Was pretty sure Blondie was going home, especially after the sob story from Darnell.

Did you notice that Debbie's occupation kept changing every time they showed her?  Went from Chemist to Air Force to Waitress.  She is full on crazy.  But she's probably more likely to stick around than the girl who had the panic attack.  The FBI guy is in good shape for 71 but it looks like they have him pegged for an early exit.  Tai is probably not long for the game.

I thought Scot Pollard acquitted himself well.  I'm pulling for the analyst and him after one episode.

Is it known that there's one misplaced person on each tribe?  Seems pretty obvious to me that will eventually come into play as a twist.

Asian guy on beauty is actually a brain.

Blonde girl on brawn is actually a beauty.

Old ripped guy on brain is actually a brawn.

Is it known that there's one misplaced person on each tribe?  Seems pretty obvious to me that will eventually come into play as a twist.

The only one that stood out to me was Tai on the beauty team.  The old guy was an FBI agent so he isn't lacking in the brains department.  Blondie is a stretch as brawn but she mentioned she was into extreme sports.  They didn't do any of those 3 any favors by doing that as all of them are near the bottoms of their tribes.  Not sure they will make it long enough to have a twist.

I pegged the first two but couldn't figure out who was actually a brawn.  What you said makes sense.

From the ones that got screen time, I thought the quantitative analyst, the poker player, and Blondie looked the best.  The sorority girl was pretty cute.  Was pretty sure Blondie was going home, especially after the sob story from Darnell.

Did you notice that Debbie's occupation kept changing every time they showed her?  Went from Chemist to Air Force to Waitress.  She is full on crazy.  But she's probably more likely to stick around than the girl who had the panic attack.  The FBI guy is in good shape for 71 but it looks like they have him pegged for an early exit.  Tai is probably not long for the game.

I thought Scot Pollard acquitted himself well.  I'm pulling for the analyst and him after one episode.
I saw a tweet from Probst that said she has had so many jobs that they decided to change it every time they showed her. 

Yikes... the bug in the ear thing...  :X
I'm surprised that sort of stuff doesn't happen more often out there.

Those are some world class #### on the poker player.  

I'm an early fan of Scot and think they're severely underestimating the FBI dude.  

I expected something bigger, so when they actually showed the little thing coming out, I thought it was just the first baby that had hatched and the mom was still in there. 

It was funny hearing the dorky brain guys talking about the fbi agent as a physical liability. He looks like he could smoke any of them in a physical challenge. 

And I couldn't tell for sure, but did blondie call herself a mental giant at TC? Or did she say she was no mental giant? 

It was funny hearing the dorky brain guys talking about the fbi agent as a physical liability. He looks like he could smoke any of them in a physical challenge. 

And I couldn't tell for sure, but did blondie call herself a mental giant at TC? Or did she say she was no mental giant? 
Pretty sure she called herself a mental giant. :lol:

I'm surprised that sort of stuff doesn't happen more often out there.

Those are some world class #### on the poker player.  

I'm an early fan of Scot and think they're severely underestimating the FBI dude.  
We couldn't believe Medics weren't called in :confused: You'd think the second blood started coming out of her ear they would have called in the medics..

The only one that stood out to me was Tai on the beauty team.  The old guy was an FBI agent so he isn't lacking in the brains department.  Blondie is a stretch as brawn but she mentioned she was into extreme sports.  They didn't do any of those 3 any favors by doing that as all of them are near the bottoms of their tribes.  Not sure they will make it long enough to have a twist.
I'm predicting it will be spun as a social type experiment...do these 3 get pegged as an outsider within their group and ganged up on because they are "different" without the rest of the group even realizing why they are doing it to them?  Almost like a lesson in bullying in our culture.

it was close to happening already with Blondie by the brawns ("she's not a hard worker, get rid of her" type comments)

it was close to happening already with Asian by the beauties ("he so smart and calculated...looking for idol, in his element, observant and not reactive, I don't trust him" type comments)

didnt notice anything particular with old buff FBI by the brains. Just some comments about being old and not valuable. 

offdee said:
I'm predicting it will be spun as a social type experiment...do these 3 get pegged as an outsider within their group and ganged up on because they are "different" without the rest of the group even realizing why they are doing it to them?  Almost like a lesson in bullying in our culture.

it was close to happening already with Blondie by the brawns ("she's not a hard worker, get rid of her" type comments)

it was close to happening already with Asian by the beauties ("he so smart and calculated...looking for idol, in his element, observant and not reactive, I don't trust him" type comments)

didnt notice anything particular with old buff FBI by the brains. Just some comments about being old and not valuable. 
I disagree with this one. They seemed to really like him until he looked for the idol. People always frown upon others looking for idols. 

I disagree with this one. They seemed to really like him until he looked for the idol. People always frown upon others looking for idols. 
Totally agree.  The distrust didn't happen until he decided to sneak around.  They don't trust him because they don't know if he has an idol or not.  It has nothing to do with him not being a beauty.

I did get a kick out of him ripping trees out of the ground after he was so adamant about respecting all living things.

Totally agree.  The distrust didn't happen until he decided to sneak around.  They don't trust him because they don't know if he has an idol or not.  It has nothing to do with him not being a beauty.

I did get a kick out of him ripping trees out of the ground after he was so adamant about respecting all living things.
Well, he did mention that the trees were dead. That's why he thought they looked out of place. 

Nice hanging fruit on the poker chick and the sorority sister.  

I also think they're underestimating the FBI agent.  

Ned said:
Pretty sure she called herself a mental giant. :lol:
She also said she was a master manipulator.  :loco:

But then again, she is still there when she should have been the one to leave.  

Users who are viewing this thread