What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being. (8 Viewers)

Because much of the Democratic party is just the anti-Republican party. 

And Bernie has plenty of sack. There's no need for that.
That may be true, but it is still a political party with a process that he never cared about or participated in and suddenly he thinks he can take it over? Makes no sense. 

Like I said, I am really glad he ran as a stalking horse, but I knew he never had a chance. 

I get that some of you will never vote for Hillary Clinton. I disagree with your perception of her, but I know that your perception is genuine.  

But those of you in here who say that you would have voted for Bernie, but since he's gone now you'll have to vote for Trump- you guys I don't get. Both of them see free trade as a problem for America. But what else do they have in common? Bernie is extremely concerned with climate change, with wage inequality, with racism, with campaign finance reform. Donald Trump thinks climate change is a hoax, supports the police in every racial dispute, is opposed to minimum wage hikes, and has a proposal on the table to slash corporate tax rates. Bernie is a humanist who has opposed authoritarianism his entire life. Trump personifies authoritarianism. Bernie wants a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants. Donald Trump wants to deport all illegals and build a wall. 

I mean these guys couldn't be more opposite. You're going to have to explain this. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you honestly think your single vote is going to change the outcome of the election?

When people "hold their nose and vote", all it does is validate their ####tiness.  Why would you expect the candidates to change when you keep voting for them, not matter what they say and do?
I understand, but the alternative is Donald Trump.  Birther, Truther, anti-vax.  The trifecta of idiocy.  To say nothing of the lies and bigotry.  The man is not stable.  We can take our stand 4 years from now.  

I get that some of you will never vote for Hillary Clinton. I disagree with your perception of her, but I know that your perception is real. 

But those of you in here who say that you would have voted for Bernie, but since he's gone now you'll have to vote for Trump- you guys I don't get. Both of them see free trade as a problem for America. But what else do they have in common? Bernie is extremely concerned with climate change, with wage inequality, with racism, with campaign finance reform. Donald Trump thinks climate change is a hoax, supports the police in every racial dispute, is opposed to minimum wage hikes, and has a proposal on the table to slash corporate tax rates. Bernie is a humanist who has opposed authoritarianism his entire life. Trump personifies authoritarianism. Bernie wants a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants. Donald Trump wants to deport all illegals and build a wall. 

I mean these guys couldn't be more opposite. You're going to have to explain this. 
Stop being obtuse.  The very obvious similarity is that both are fed up with the establishment and the status quo.  They may have very different ways of changing things, but both would bring about actual change.

I get that some of you will never vote for Hillary Clinton. I disagree with your perception of her, but I know that your perception is genuine.  

You make a very sensible ostensible argument Tim.

It's not a policy decision.

A good percentage of Sanders supporters are new to politics or were largely apolitical before this race. These people want change and the main issue on the docket is a multifacetted problem stemming from the same issue. Corporations and theyre effect on politics and theyre effect on peoples lives in general. The money being spent to influence candidates, corporations avoiding US taxes by moving oversees and the widening gap between the haves and the have nots. Bernie and Trump are very similar on those issues. Bernie and ahillary couldnt be any farther apart on them. 

Anyone who could support Trump after supporting Sanders weren't supporting Sanders for his views. They were supporting him because he was anti-establishment and the lesser of the 2 evils between him and Trump.

I understand the thinking, but you absolutely have to listen to what Trump is saying. Trump voice: "He is so scary. And the country is going to be soo much worse if they elect him. He is soo untrained, and doesn't know how to do the job. Soo much losing will occur, and we'll make soo many enemies with countries"

It's a scary thought, and yet...I can't help thinking Trump is less scary than Cruz or Rubio after hearing them both tout God over and over in their speeches. Sorry guys, it's a secular office, God doesn't care.

IMO wall street is the establishment for both parties.   I vote best for the people of the usa.  I guess I am wrong only if the masses are dumb.   History shows they usually are.

Why rep dont like cruz is kill the irs thing, that kills loopholes and accounting jobs.   Otherwise why not love a holy roller on the right?

I suck at qouting on my phone, but make sure you let it be known when and where you're running Hag, you have at least 1 vote in Nashville. 

What progress is that?  Higher health insurance premiums?  The upper 1% further distancing itself for most of the country.  Black unemployment gap increasing?  Wall Street buying up real estate?  Big Pharma making record profits?

Obama's biggest achievement "gay marriage" was something he didn't really believe in until it became popular and the "conservative" SC was the real reason for this.
Quite possibly the most ignorant post I've read from you in 15 years.  If you don't recognize the great progress Obama has made, you haven't been paying attention.

A good percentage of Sanders supporters are new to politics or were largely apolitical before this race. These people want change and the main issue on the docket is a multifacetted problem stemming from the same issue. Corporations and theyre effect on politics and theyre effect on peoples lives in general. The money being spent to influence candidates, corporations avoiding US taxes by moving oversees and the widening gap between the haves and the have nots. Bernie and Trump are very similar on those issues. Bernie and ahillary couldnt be any farther apart on them. 
Except Trump is a Corporation (his "brand" makes up like half of his personal wealth) and is on the farthest end of the spectrum of "haves" of all the candidates. Trump may be saying similar things as Bernie on these issues but the reality is he will likely end up being closer to the polar opposite of Bernie than Hillary.

The Sanders supports never did and never would rub Clinton supporters nose in it at a time like this.  Very telling these nights.  Is it some kind of deep down self-loathing that needs to be vented as hubris?  Tim has always been gracious but the rest not so much. Sad.
LOL - you can't be serious. I've followed both threads fairly closely and there has been WAY more vitriol from the Sanders camp toward the Hillary camp the entire primary. 

Except Trump is a Corporation (his "brand" makes up like half of his personal wealth) and is on the farthest end of the spectrum of "haves" of all the candidates. Trump may be saying similar things as Bernie on these issues but the reality is he will likely end up being closer to the polar opposite of Bernie than Hillary.
I disagree.

If he can come from behind in Illinois then salvageable. Still bad though, he really needed a surprise in Ohio as well.
Ohio destroyed him proportionally... couldn't afford a blowout like that

Shocked he got so blitzed in Florida, thought he was strong on the immigration issue and had the old jew vote but also got trounced. 

I wish Bernie was 5 years younger.  Would really think he'd have some steam next go round.  But at this rate he'll be in his late 70's and doesn't exactly paint a picture of youth as it is

I don't want to hear any kvetching from BLM the next few years. When given an opportunity to actually vote for a candidate who will fight for everyone, blacks have overwhelmingly voted for the candidate who has been a big part of screwing them over. Good work, idiots. Keep protesting instead of voting to make an actual difference. Vote for the same awful candidates/policies then complain and wonder why we have the same awful candidates/policies. Best of luck with that.
Oh bull####.  Sore loser much?  

Looking at a few of the results and it doesn't help that Hillary kills with women's vote and alot more women vote then men. They didn't get their woman last time and they refuse to lose again. 

Looking at a few of the results and it doesn't help that Hillary kills with women's vote and alot more women vote then men. They didn't get their woman last time and they refuse to lose again. 
My niece works for HRC and loves her got a masters where Otis got his bs GW.  She is 30, the 26 year olds I work with dont like hrc.  It is a woman first time pres thing or love bill thing imo.  Just nothing on the issues with hrc.

I promised myself I wouldn't cast my vote out of fear.  I'm breaking that promise if that candidate is Trump.  Trey is right. That just can't happen. I'll need a 2 hour shower afterwards, but Hillary will get my vote.  The grapes are sour, but it is what it is.  

I think Bernie accomplished something, though.  A lot of young people were inspired and hopefully there are some Hagmania's out there ready to pick up the baton. A couple more terms of the status quo and American will be ready for the next Bernie Sanders.  
I think things need to get worse.  People just are not bad off enough apparently.  I'm the most liberal guy in the house and I'm gonna probably vote Trump just to speed up our demise.  Only then will people wake up imo.

• Fyi I voted for every pres in office since 1988.  They all just were so disappointing.

Our vitriol has been towards Hillary.
No that may be true for YOU. But tommyGunZ, squistion, and myself have all been the targets of some pretty nasty comments from Sanders folks, which we have not reciprocated. 

Just tonight I was attacked and called a fake in here simply for wishing Bernie Sanders fans good luck. 

Users who are viewing this thread