What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being. (7 Viewers)

The only way to prove you guys wrong is for Hillary to be elected our next President. When that happens hopefully some of you will admit you were mistaken all along. I'll be magnanimous in my response.
actually, that wouldn't prove them wrong

it could just mean she overcame the very real voter feelings they were talking about

a lot of people might think "not another bush or clinton" until the other choice is Trump/Cruz

then suddenly any bush or any clinton seems like a good idea, hell give me chelsea

The only way to prove you guys wrong is for Hillary to be elected our next President. When that happens hopefully some of you will admit you were mistaken all along. I'll be magnanimous in my response.
How will a Hillary victory "prove" people don't care about Clinton in the White House, especially when her opponent will likely be Cruz or Trump??

I'd probably vote for an actual russian bear in the whitehouse before Cruz or Trump, another Clinton no sweat

i still don't want to see another Clinton or Bush in the whitehouse

This seems to be a silly debate. Hillary Clinton likely would not be a former Senator or Secretary of State if she had not been the First Lady (I'm not discounting the fact that she was certainly intelligent and connected enough to have been a politician herself out of Yale Law School, but the only public office that we know she won she won in part by virtue of her last name).

So if she's elected President, it seems kind of hard to argue that being a Clinton really hurt her on net. Which isn't to say that there aren't people out there who have a negative opinion of her that is influenced by her being a Clinton. Or even that there wasn't a feeling in 2008, when we were coming off our second Bush, that the answer in THAT election was not to start a corresponding Democratic legacy.

I am shocked that there has been another debate scheduled - this time in New Hampshire on February 4.

Amazing how things change when Hillary is losing...

Vince Foster isn't the skeleton in Hillary's closet that her campaign has to worry about. The FBI Indictment is one. The other is just the general desire among many Americans to have anyone but a Bush or Clinton in the White House.
:lmao:

How long are conservatives going to repeat this nonsense?

For the umpteenth time, conservatives certainly don't want another Bush in the White House. But Democrats have no problem with another Clinton in the White House, and neither does the general public.
You serious Clark?
Very much so. Here's a clue for you: in the last two Republican conventions, George W. Bush was nowhere to be seen. In the last two Democratic conventions, Bill Clinton was a major presence. Why do you think that is?
He was looking for some trim :48hrs:

I am shocked that there has been another debate scheduled - this time in New Hampshire on February 4.

Interesting

But no one knows if the candidates will show up.

The Democratic National Committee has previously said that it would exclude any candidate or network that participates in an additional, unsanctioned debate from the future sanctioned debates

Interesting

But no one knows if the candidates will show up.

The Democratic National Committee has previously said that it would exclude any candidate or network that participates in an additional, unsanctioned debate from the future sanctioned debates
Sounds like a win-win for Bernie to attend then. The DNC turning around and trying to exclude a major candidate from the debates will look bad for Hillary.

Bernie made a huge impact on me last night. In all seriousness, been thinking about it all day. Really touched a nerve in this jaded old soul.
It was the most impressed I've ever been listening to a politician speak. And that's coming from someone who has voted Republican many more times than not. I actually caught myself leaning in towards the TV, chin rested on closed hand like "The Thinker" at one point thinking who the hell am I. He definitely closed me last night.

NBC Nightly News Verified account ‏@NBCNightlyNews
JUST IN: White House: Pres. Obama will meet privately with Bernie Sanders in the Oval Office on Wednesday.
:whistle: :popcorn:
Saw that, thinking it is probably related to Bernie coming out against his nominee for the FDA spot.
That makes the most sense. Probably also wants to chat with Bernie about the nomination - despite Bernie's stance to the contrary, if he gets the nomination, he will need some support from the Democratic establishment. Bernie has to figure out how to play nicely in the sandbox, without compromising his positions.

Bernie made a huge impact on me last night. In all seriousness, been thinking about it all day. Really touched a nerve in this jaded old soul.
It was the most impressed I've ever been listening to a politician speak. And that's coming from someone who has voted Republican many more times than not. I actually caught myself leaning in towards the TV, chin rested on closed hand like "The Thinker" at one point thinking who the hell am I. He definitely closed me last night.
He's as close to the real deal as you'll get in national politics.

I've said all along that Bernie is a total long shot and he still is. As much as I dislike Hillary, what really rankled me was the subversion of the primary process in her presumptive nomination by the Democratic Party. Not only was it profoundly unfair, it also was going to put forward a terrible candidate who hadn't been tested in the crucible of a hard fought primary.

At least now if/when she wins, she'll have been tested and will have had to hone her message and build a more effective campaign machine. That will make her far more prepared for her Republican opponent and she'll have Bernie to thank for it

Vince Foster isn't the skeleton in Hillary's closet that her campaign has to worry about. The FBI Indictment is one. The other is just the general desire among many Americans to have anyone but a Bush or Clinton in the White House.

For the umpteenth time, conservatives certainly don't want another Bush in the White House. But Democrats have no problem with another Clinton in the White House, and neither does the general public.
I know this is anecdotal, but I know of a number of people, myself included, who don't think another Bush or Clinton would be a good thing. That said, I'd take either over Trump/Cruz and probably 3/4 of the rest of the GOP nominees.

I know this is anecdotal, but I know of a number of people, myself included, who don't think another Bush or Clinton would be a good thing. That said, I'd take either over Trump/Cruz and probably 3/4 of the rest of the GOP nominees.
I will vote for anyone before I pull the lever for a Bush or a Clinton. I had enough wars, Wall Street bubbles, corruption, and disrespect for the office.

Are the black lives matter protesters who are trying to interrupt Bernie right now completely devoid of functioning mental faculties or are they being paid by a pro-Hillary entity? There's quite literally no other option.

What's the gender gap look like these days? Had Bernie been turning women away from Hillary?

Most of the women I know think that much of the ditrust and dislike of Hillary is sexism, whether conscious or unconscious.

My wife asked me why the naked ambition of Hillary bothers me more than that of Obama, and I really didn't have a good answer other than his other characteristics are better than Hillary and I think my views align more with his than with Hillary.

Bernie's reddit community passed $1M raised today, from nearly 38,000 contributions.

The guy who started the sub-Reddit in 2013, Aidan King, just recently left to join the Sanders campaign in Burlington. Pretty cool to go from "grape-picker" to a member of a presidential campaign.

What's the gender gap look like these days? Had Bernie been turning women away from Hillary?

Most of the women I know think that much of the ditrust and dislike of Hillary is sexism, whether conscious or unconscious.

My wife asked me why the naked ambition of Hillary bothers me more than that of Obama, and I really didn't have a good answer other than his other characteristics are better than Hillary and I think my views align more with his than with Hillary.
The gender gap is not really the issue - its more of a generational gap. Millennial women support Bernie, older women support Clinton.

timschochet said:
I'm not trying to be right or wrong about Hillary. If she could do anything close to the economic boom Big Daddy Bill had in the 90s it would be great. I just don't think she will be in the race come November using my knowledge of security clearances/violations. And if that's the case, it's a huge disservice to her party and very selfish.

Bernie's reddit community passed $1M raised today, from nearly 38,000 contributions.

The guy who started the sub-Reddit in 2013, Aidan King, just recently left to join the Sanders campaign in Burlington. Pretty cool to go from "grape-picker" to a member of a presidential campaign.
I earnestly believe Bernie's campaign would not have come this far if it weren't for reddit. I read every one of his AMAs beginning with his first in December of 2013 (https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1t174t/i_am_senator_bernie_sanders_ivt_ama/).This has been a marvel of social media engineering. Bernie forced himself into reddit for the name recognition, and now their sub has raised a million for his campaign (not to mention those who contributed because of the sub but didn't use the link). Incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to picture Bernie Sanders (or Hillary Clinton for that matter) complaining about a specific TV journalist, and then refusing to show up for a debate. I can't do it. These are serious people.

I'm trying to picture Bernie Sanders (or Hillary Clinton for that matter) complaining about a specific TV journalist, and then refusing to show up for a debate. I can't do it. These are serious people.
Isn't Debbie Whatshername-Schuuuuuultz paid by Hillary to handle these matters.

Schuuuuuultz is meant to be a Clay Davis reference :fizzBomb:

And unlike Trump, Bernie would have a legitimate gripe.

Higgs said:
Bernie is genuine.

Hillary had the producers of the bachelor working for her last night. Incredible of how staged her questions were.

As I recall Pres. Obama instructed his whole administration to stay off Fox, banned them from the WH press pool, and even tried to have them fined by the FCC. And then there was this.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you talking about?

Have the Democrats ever had a debate with Fox News moderators?

Sinn Fein said:

DNC really trying to avoid any bias here

It's pretty simple. Bernie seems like a decent human being.

What are you talking about?Have the Democrats ever had a debate with Fox News moderators?
Why would they? Fox isn't a legitimate news organization.
Right...because CNN, MSNBC and the networks really are legitimate news organizations?

Iowa Sec. of StateVerified account‏@IowaSOS

50,000+ votes in #IowaYouthStrawPoll.: @BernieSanders wins DEMS side with 53%. @HillaryClinton 30% @MartinOMalley - 10% #caucus101 #iacaucus
This was a straw poll vote, which followed the Iowa Youth Caucus results last fall, which had Bernie 53%, O'Malley 24%, and Clinton at 14%

So, Clinton is gaining strength in Iowa, but she is taking support from O'Malley....

Quinnipiac also released it latest Iowa poll

Clinton: 45

Sanders: 49

moe - 4%

This is going to come down to turnout, and location of that turnout.

I thought it was interesting that Sanders opted to campaign in Minnesota yesterday, speaking to 6000+ in Duluth, and 14,000+ in St. Paul. It speaks to his confidence in Iowa and New Hampshire, and also to his preparing for a long nomination fight...

The Bernie org here must have sent out their Bernie Signal last night....woke up today and there are yard signs everywhere (including the neighborhood where my son's school is).

AMHERST, N.H. (AP) — Hillary Clinton's campaign is pushing Bernie Sanders to participate in a newly proposed Democratic debate — one not sanctioned by the Democratic National Committee — to be held just days before the New Hampshire primary.

But Sanders, who has surged ahead of Clinton in New Hampshire polls, has no plans to do so, his campaign said.

"The DNC has said this would be an unsanctioned debate so we would not want to jeopardize our ability to participate in future debates," Sanders' campaign manager Jeff Weaver said.
:lmao: :lmao:

Sanders is simply out campaigning Clinton at every turn. He forced Clinton to blink first on this debate - and now this is all about the DNC. When the DNC sanctions this debate, then Bernie simply shows this is just another example of the Clintons pulling all the strings - further entrenching her as the established candidate in a corrupt political system.

Honestly, the lack of judgment shown by Clinton in this campaign is pretty indicative of the lack of judgement she would have shown had she become president.

Users who are viewing this thread