What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CBS Commissioner Help (1 Viewer)

Elodin

Footballguy
So my league is on CBS this year and I have commish powers.

I've noticed that it seems you can make add/drops or trades with unequal amounts of players that will still process but just make the lineup "illegal". Our league has 22 roster spots with 2 DL, 1 ML spot. We have 16 starting spots.

How do I set it up to require that I can't just say add a WW player to my bench before the season starts to stash them? For example a team has 7 bench players but only should be allowed 6. It says his lineup is illegal but it doesn't matter yet because the season hasn't started yet.

The lineup positions are as followed .... 16 max starting spots... 6 bench... 2 injured players... 25 max total roster limit. Is there any way to fix the settings to require for example if my team is full I just can't pick a player off waivers without dropping anyone? Thanks.

Here is a settings screenshot... I want it to be able to roster 22 active players + 2 DL spots + 1 ML spot ... The DL/ML spots wouldn't count for or against the active roster. Thanks 

http://i63.tinypic.com/11io83t.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you need to change max roster to 22 IMO, the DLML is separate from this, likely creating your problem.  

you need to change max roster to 22 IMO, the DLML is separate from this, likely creating your problem.  
That's what I thought but if I change it to 22, it doesn't recognize DL spots or ML spots as separate from an actual roster. It will say my roster is illegal. 

So for instance, I know DL spots are open yet since players haven't hit it. But if I put the roster limits to 22, it is saying I am over the limit with 23 players because I have Yoan Moncada in a minor league spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
CBS is telling me to prevent abuse of this to set "positional" roster limits but what league cares if someone wants to roster 6 bench SSs or not, most leagues only care that you are only allowed to roster 6 bench players.

Right now with CBS settings, it essentially makes DL spots useless unless you want to increase the max roster and then have to police illegal lineups etc. 

Users who are viewing this thread