What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where does Myles Jack go in full IDP rookie drafts ? (1 Viewer)

I intend trying to get him early....have 3 2nd round picks so will probably use one for him if available. 

I am in a 16tm league so figure he will go mid-late 1st if previous draft history is any indication in that league.

The league rules will matter. I did a mock for a 16 team league where 11 O and D guys start each and 1st round selected before NFL draft and slid him into pick 16. But my other dynasty league that drafts in early May and slightly different rules, I see him going about 11th

Agreed.  I have 1.09 in a 12 teamer startup and if comes down to the 3rd tier of RB's or the grab bag at WR, I'm taking Jack.

Really, that early?  There still some decent RBs and WRs who should be in that range.
There's a couple guys in each of my IDPs that love LBs. Every draft they take a couple LBs despite the fact they are loaded already. One guy in particular flips LBs like they're houses. I'm expecting to see Jack go around 1.09 - 1.12. 

In one league I have the 2.02 and I'm hoping Jack falls, but I'm fairly sure the guy at 1.12 won't let Jack get past him.

Well, I'm in a 10 teamer start 2 LBs each week.  With that number of teams, there really is never any issue getting a "good enough" LB right off waivers.  That said, Kuechly went like #9 the year he came out and you can't get him for anything less than a top 3 rookie pick now.

I've got Lee, Levy, Burfict, and Preston Brown (who's droppable).  I've got the 9, 11, 12, 14 and 21.  I was thinking I'd for sure take him at 21 if he's there, but thought that 14 would be too early in this type league. 

Yes league settings make a big difference. I'm in three 12 team IDPs. One league is start 2 with a flex and the other two start 3 with a flex. 

In a 10 team league you are correct I would expect Jack to go in the 2nd.

In all three of my IDP money leagues(at least 12 teams, with at least 3 LBs starting w/a flex) it's a veritable lock he will be a first rounder.  Perhaps a late first, but he won't get past 12 picks in any of those.

I guess my question is, assuming he goes somewhere to start -

will he be a three down LB from day 1?

assuming yes, will he be viewed as a top 15 dynasty LB from day 1?

Some owner will always reliably make a mistake and take an IDP in the late first. This year will be no exception.

I will happily be that "some owner" in that league, with its scoring system.  That "reliable mistake" will keep me in the playoffs and

championship hunt, tyvm.

Look at the scoring of the league. If defensive players score close to offensive players then take Jack in late 1st. If the league only gives a few for fumbles, int, and sacks draft him later.

Look at the scoring of the league. If defensive players score close to offensive players then take Jack in late 1st. If the league only gives a few for fumbles, int, and sacks draft him later.
This.  My league the IDP and IOP are very even. Every year 2-3 of the top IDPs go from the mid first on. 16 teams though. Other IDP leagues the top guys don't go until the 3rd. 

Users who are viewing this thread