What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is this place still good, or no, not really? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
Used to love it here.  Was my #1 stop on the internet.  Now I'm sorta, kinda meh.  No I'm not threatening to leave (Otis, wait!), just commenting on the fact that I used to spend BOATLOADS of time here and no I kind of would rather check out Facebook, or Linkedin, or HGTV or something.

Is that because I have other responsibilities in life and just don't have the time?

Or did this place get crappy?

Or worse yet, boring?

TIA won't answer yours because don't care imo

hey bump that jeep thread you and icon do chat in that will make this place better brohan take that to the bank

If we still did good online poker and stuff maybe it would be better here.

Even icon doesn't give a crap about the JEEP thread.

The guitar thread sucks because I don't play guitar anymore.

The being single in NYC thread is no longer of interest.

The yoga pants thread was amaZIng for a while but even that has tailed off.

The political stuff was fun when Bernie had a chance, but that isn't interesting anymore.

Even the FFA villains are kind of boring.  Back in the day we had LarryBoy and Alias wearing his girldriend's shirt.  Now what do we have?  Eminence?  Timschochet?  

With the NFL draft coming up, I guess maybe for the first time in like a decade the most interesting stuff is in the Shark Pool.  No, seriously, and I know this sounds crazy, but I stocked up a bunch of early picks in my dynasty league and I'm looking forward to pwning Righetti in the draft this year.

I dunno.  I don't even have the energy to post stupid home improvement threads with $5k quotes for everything.  Because seriously, who cares?  Barely even me.

The FFA: Whatcha got

Maybe it's because I'm turning 40 this year.  Maybe I'm just tired.

Maybe it's because Mrs. O is pregnant with #3.  WOAH

Oh should I play in the WSOP ME this year?  Who's comin with me?? /jerrymcguire

Oh hey Zed, I'm out by you.  Up in Walnut Creek for a deposition.  It's beautiful up here.  Today I had down time.  The first down time in the sun I've had in months.  I sat out by the pool and soaked in some sun.  I haven't been that relaxed in ages.  I can see the allure of California living.  Freaking gorgeous out here, especially up here.

Although I should say, whenever she talks, she sounds INCREDIBLY dumb. Like, it must be an act kind of dumb.
Somehow I got on a mailing list for one of their seminars.  Some dolt registered my email address.  They even sent me tickets to this big even in Texas.  Every email was over the top on promises and sounded like a complete scam.  

Still hot, though.

Somehow I got on a mailing list for one of their seminars.  Some dolt registered my email address.  They even sent me tickets to this big even in Texas.  Every email was over the top on promises and sounded like a complete scam.  

Still hot, though.
Wait, they do seminars???  Oh WHAT???

Agree, still hot though. She's like the dumb hot chick from high school.  You sit around telling yourself she's just dumb, and so you wouldn't want her anyway.  But then you look at her and you realized you still kinda want her.

hey whatever happened with the tree retaining wall brohan that was sort of neat and we never got closure take that to the bank

What happened to all the amazing stuff going on here?  Now it's like WOW BLUEMAGIC STILL SUCKS.  Or Hack is still a hippie.  Or whatever.  Yadda yadda snooze.

Remember when single dudes used to post wild stories about their conquests, even post naked pics.  Those were the days.  Didn't need no welfare state.  Everybody pulled his weight.  Gohome said Tims cho chate. Those were the days.

Anyone wanna go HU for 1k?  2k? 5k?  I'm drunk in a hotel.  Just killed a bottle of wine.  But can't sleep.  Let's roll

If anyone wants home improvement chat, my landscaper is going to charge me $185 per tree to plant 35 Leylands across the back border of our yard.  I can't pay fast enough.  Mostly because that's back breaking awful work that I have zero interest in.  Partly because the old lady who lives behind us suxor.

OMG show me yours!

I think too many of us are busy making bank, bro.
Maybe that's it.  Or the children?

How many do you have these days GB?  You had your first recently I think.  Stop there?

Good news, I keep having children.  Mrs. O is like a clown car.  I've destroyed all that was good in my world.

Did I ever tell the story here about how the 7th day adventist tried to off herself in my bachelor pad?  Morbid but true

What happened to all the amazing stuff going on here?  Now it's like WOW BLUEMAGIC STILL SUCKS.  Or Hack is still a hippie.  Or whatever.  Yadda yadda snooze.

Remember when single dudes used to post wild stories about their conquests, even post naked pics.  Those were the days.  Didn't need no welfare state.  Everybody pulled his weight.  Gohome said Tims cho chate. Those were the days.
Like the time you posted that pic of that hoor in your bed.  Good times.

Do people still hang out at :e:?  I know I have the link somewhere but since that place is an offshoot of this place, since this place is like a morgue, I won't even venture to imagine how bad that place is.

Are truck and Zartan still around?  Those were good dudes.

Users who are viewing this thread