What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Project or Die: Jose Berrios (1 Viewer)

Looks pretty nervous, as to be expected in a first start. Can't really locate the fastball very well. Most curveballs are pretty flat. Changeup looks pretty nasty though. He threw a nice pitch on that 2-run double to Lindor, who just pooched it out to left center. If  MIN had a real CF, it probably would've been an out, I'd guess. 

he threw this one pitch that looked pretty nasty.  don't really know what it was.  started out of the zone and then did a WOOP back into the zone for a called strike 3.  it was wild.  bumping my ERA projection down to 3.82 now that i've seen his stuff.

he threw this one pitch that looked pretty nasty.  don't really know what it was.  started out of the zone and then did a WOOP back into the zone for a called strike 3.  it was wild.  bumping my ERA projection down to 3.82 now that i've seen his stuff.
Probably talking about his curveball. He dropped a couple of those in there in the 3rd. It alternated between great and terrible.

His 2-seamer has so much break, he just couldn't throw it for strikes tonight.  Rough night, but it could've been a lot worse, giving up a hit to the first batter of every inning I believe.

My home league nemesis paid $9 for this guy and I laughed at him.  I hope he's horrific this year.  Sorry! 

Looked like really good stuff, the command just wasn't there, something he's been struggling with at AAA this year.  It's a new problem, and hopefully not a permanent one.

Looked like really good stuff, the command just wasn't there, something he's been struggling with at AAA this year.  It's a new problem, and hopefully not a permanent one.
That 2-seamer just has so much damn movement. It reminded me of MLB The Show, after you just spend a ####load of training points on 2-seam movement, then have some trouble throwing it for a strike. 

But yeah, the stuff looked great. 2-seamer and change-up can both be filthy. Not sure what to think of the curveball. He got some swings and misses on it when he kept it down, but it's so flat that it's a real meatball when he leaves it up. It seemed to work best backdooring it for a strike (though he did miss pretty badly on a good number of them).

The kid's got some pretty wicked stuff. He got squeezed on a lot of calls, and the Tucker HR was a great pitch (change-up at the knees).  He did groove on to Springer. The back to back frontdoor curveballs was a nice touch. First one was a beauty, called for a ball, catcher lost his ####, got tossed. Once the hubbub died down, and the new catcher got his warmups, Berrios threw the same damn pitch to complete the strikeout of Altuve. 

There's going to be plenty of ups and downs, but I like this kid a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread