Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BassNBrew

2016 FBG MBSL 1 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

http://www79.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/39912#0

password is fbgmbsl1

Draft starts at 10 am edt.  4 hour clock is on.

You'll need to log in as the commish (link button will be in the upper right) and set up your franchise and franchise password.  

As a reminder, 18 franchises.  Two teams will be eliminated after week 1 and two teams after week 2.  19 draft rounds.  one flex position has been added, RB/WR/TE.

Maggot Brain leads us off.  Old Mil is replacing MIA Ruffrody's.  He's slotted in the 16 position as he has no MFL access at work.

One coming issue is that nittnaylion's PM box is full.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay now that we are back to drafting (and ahem waiting for Bass), interesting distribution for 1st round of our 18 teamer

9 Wide Receivers

5 Running Backs

3 Tight Ends, and

1 Quarterback (wonder if he would have chosen that position if he draft himself?)

Thoughts?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Captain Hook said:

Okay now that we are back to drafting (and ahem waiting for Bass), interesting distribution for 1st round of our 18 teamer

9 Wide Receivers

5 Running Backs

3 Tight Ends, and

1 Quarterback (wonder if he would have chosen that position if he draft himself?)

Thoughts?

 

Wow you guys hit the throttle after I made my first round pick.

I'm not surprised except for Rodgers which isn't a bad pick.  I think that was a replacement pick and hence a guy he wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

round one distribution by position

9 Wide Receivers

5 Running Backs

3 Tight Ends, and

1 Quarterback 

round two distribution

8 Wide receivers

5 Running Backs

3 Tight Ends

2 Quarterbacks

 

Edited by Captain Hook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2016 at 9:12 AM, BassNBrew said:

19 draft rounds.  one flex position has been added, RB/WR/TE.

FYI, this isn't the way it's currently set up in MFL ... right now it's showing just a 9-man starting lineup. As it's best-ball I believe the "lineup setup" should read 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, and 1-2 TE instead of just 2 / 3 / 1.

I don't trust myself one iota playing around with that website so I'll gladly punt the actual making of the change over to you. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

FYI, this isn't the way it's currently set up in MFL ... right now it's showing just a 9-man starting lineup. As it's best-ball I believe the "lineup setup" should read 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, and 1-2 TE instead of just 2 / 3 / 1.

I don't trust myself one iota playing around with that website so I'll gladly punt the actual making of the change over to you. ;)

Thanks.  should be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Wow you guys hit the throttle after I made my first round pick.

I'm not surprised except for Rodgers which isn't a bad pick.  I think that was a replacement pick and hence a guy he wanted.

With 18 teams and only 32 QBs, I thought best case unless I missed something as thinking taking another. Don't want to be left short at that position

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not liking my team so far...

1.12 Brandon Marshall - Was torn here between Miller, Elliot, and Reed.  Wanted Allen Robinson.  thought the TEs had the best chance of slipping.

2.7 Delanie Walker - Was targeting Hilton.  Freeman was enticing but I was concerning about getting caught by a TE run.  Bell was a consideration but the fact that 4 teams will get cut while he's on suspension scared me off.

3.12 Julius Thomas - Well numerous TEs went but not as many and not the ones I expected.  Hate drafting my flex this early, but I had Thomas projected to outscore everyone else on the board outside of CJA.   CJA was a considering but the bye didn't work.

4.7 Eli Mannning - Despise him.  I think I've only owned him two years and both years he threw a gazillion INTs.  When I don't draft him he puts up Brady like numbers.  Instantly regretted the pick and wondered if I could get a re-do.  Felt like I had to go QB here before the run starts.  We only expanded from 16 to 18 but it seems like 24 the way the player pool is getting mowed through.

Feels like I'm chasing last year's stats and drafting based on fear rather than selecting players who can win this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 29, 2016 at 9:12 AM, BassNBrew said:

 

Yes, I am a little surprised also that QB's aren't going a little quicker. At least 4 teams are only going to have 1 QB, and some of the options at the end aren't very appealing (Vikings ?)

Edited by Norseman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norseman said:

Yes, I am a little surprised also that QB's aren't going a little quicker. At least 4 teams are only going to have 1 QB, and some of the options at the end aren't very appealing (Vikings ?)

That's why I added the flex.  Should devalue the QB position (although not to the point of not needing one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1.17 - Greg Olsen (TE3)
2.03 - Mike Evans (WR10)
3.17 - Gary Barnidge (TE12)
4.03 - Latavius Murray (RB15)

Given the 2PPR for TEs it felt like highway robbery when I was able to land Reed in the 2nd and Barnidge in the 6th in SSL3. Didn't figure I'd be able to pull that stunt off again and I was certainly right about that, and like Bass I'm not loving that I had to drop 2 of my top 3 picks there. Of course, now that I've got two I encourage everyone else to hurry up and grab yours before they're gone. :D

I love Evans this year but the rest of my roster doesn't excite me much. And I'll be surprised if any name I'd feel comfortable with as my WR2 is still on the board by the time it gets back around to me 98 picks from now or whatever it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

1.17 - Greg Olsen (TE3)
2.03 - Mike Evans (WR10)
3.17 - Gary Barnidge (TE12)
4.03 - Latavius Murray (RB15)

Given the 2PPR for TEs it felt like highway robbery when I was able to land Reed in the 2nd and Barnidge in the 6th in SSL3. Didn't figure I'd be able to pull that stunt off again and I was certainly right about that, and like Bass I'm not loving that I had to drop 2 of my top 3 picks there. Of course, now that I've got two I encourage everyone else to hurry up and grab yours before they're gone. :D

I love Evans this year but the rest of my roster doesn't excite me much. And I'll be surprised if any name I'd feel comfortable with as my WR2 is still on the board by the time it gets back around to me 98 picks from now or whatever it is.

factually at 17 your even picks are .02 not three

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GUYS is there any way we can speed this up?

Especially with the way this draft is set up anyone else in the league could post your picks for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

is this were we chime in trying to influence the draft

Does that work?

i should give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just your average everyday back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back QB selections there in the 6th round. :oldunsure:

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nittanylion said:

Jay Cutler? I feel both nauseous and dirty...

Did I say "back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back"?

Sorry, I meant "back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back." :lmao: 

And I'm up in a mere ... 15 picks. Looks like I better hope ol' man Rivers doesn't get injured! :topcat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 31, 2016 at 11:40 AM, BassNBrew said:

Not liking my team so far...

1.12 Brandon Marshall - Was torn here between Miller, Elliot, and Reed.  Wanted Allen Robinson.  thought the TEs had the best chance of slipping.

2.7 Delanie Walker - Was targeting Hilton.  Freeman was enticing but I was concerning about getting caught by a TE run.  Bell was a consideration but the fact that 4 teams will get cut while he's on suspension scared me off.

3.12 Julius Thomas - Well numerous TEs went but not as many and not the ones I expected.  Hate drafting my flex this early, but I had Thomas projected to outscore everyone else on the board outside of CJA.   CJA was a considering but the bye didn't work.

4.7 Eli Mannning - Despise him.  I think I've only owned him two years and both years he threw a gazillion INTs.  When I don't draft him he puts up Brady like numbers.  Instantly regretted the pick and wondered if I could get a re-do.  Felt like I had to go QB here before the run starts.  We only expanded from 16 to 18 but it seems like 24 the way the player pool is getting mowed through.

Feels like I'm chasing last year's stats and drafting based on fear rather than selecting players who can win this.  

5.12 Tyler Lockett - Well the QB run didn't materialize like I expected.  Huge mistake as I would rather have had Cousins/Benjamin or Matthews over Manning/Lockett.  Almost took Cousins last round.

6.7 Derrick Carr - Took a look at the roster and their are teams without a QB or TE for that matter.  The run is going to happen soon.  If I want a QB2 I better get one here.  Passed on Foster who looked like a big value here.

7.12 Arain Foster - BOOM goes the dynamite.  Bradford, Osweiler, Jenkins, Clay, Prescott, MacDonald.  Everyone is scrambling for every last semi-viable QB and TE.  Liking this team a little better now.  Downside is that foster will likely be injured by week 5 and I'll be screwed.

8.8 Matt Jones - Another starting RB and one of the last on the board.  Guys are drafting players who went un-drafted in the SSLs in round 7 and 8.

Still don't like many of these players and could very well be eliminated early.  If I can get to the bye weeks I should be able to hang around for awhile.  In hindsight I drafted Newton in the second round and then Derrick Anderson in the last round and hope for the best during bye week.  Maybe Michael Floyd at WR instead of Brentsin Bursin gets me through a no QB week.  I sure someone employed this strategy and I'm interested in seeing their team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No replacement pick for stinkin ref?

I only ask since others got replacement picks so seems wrong for him not to (although personally I think the skipped picks should just be made up at the end of the draft)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got Ref covered.

 

I know I said there would be no clock this weekend, but I set it at 24 hours.  We've been averaging two rounds a day.  Need to stay on that pace to finish by kickoff next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Got Ref covered.

 

I know I said there would be no clock this weekend, but I set it at 24 hours.  We've been averaging two rounds a day.  Need to stay on that pace to finish by kickoff next week.

We really need to get some people pre-drafting - even if you are not up for a while if you put in a small list you will often get a player - better than going for hours needlessly - Especially now with a 24 hour clock - some of us have heavy commitments next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:43 AM, Captain Hook said:

We really need to get some people pre-drafting - even if you are not up for a while if you put in a small list you will often get a player - better than going for hours needlessly - Especially now with a 24 hour clock - some of us have heavy commitments next week.

OM pre-drafted at the turn but Mr. Irrelevant must not have realized it because he made the pick before but didn't stick around to make the pick after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Go DC Yourself said:

OM pre-drafted at the turn but Mr. Irrelevant must not have realized it because he made the pick before but didn't stick around to make the pick after.

well that was all cleared up ... now we wait for ref again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By my calculations we will need 3 picks an hour to finish. Tomorrow starting at 9 am the clock will be 2 hours. I reevaluate for Wednesday 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

By my calculations we will need 3 picks an hour to finish. Tomorrow starting at 9 am the clock will be 2 hours. I reevaluate for Wednesday 

1) PREDRAFT

2) PREDRAFT

3) HAVE SOMEONE CALL OR TEXT YOU WHEN UP - ANYONE CAN PLACE A PICK

4) PREDRAFT

 

Another PLEASE since I have to drive to Vegas on Wednesday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OldMilwaukee said:

Sorry for the TO,  local 24 team draft last night took forever.:rant:

No MFL at work, if someone could grab me two kickers it would be appreciated! 

 

Got you covered...Lambo and Myers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lutz pick on the news. Does he last year. First I have ever heard of him myself and I try to follow Pk 

agree with bus and I love it. Love the do I or don't I that goes on.

i did of course going early on qb2 and grabbing 2 Pk and d 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Figured Lutz is worth some risk as my K2.  I really panicked and pooped the bed with my Tamme pick.  Knew I'd be running Wilson solo at QB and wanted to double up the other slim positions, but didn't expect the TE well to dry up just as fast.  I left a lot of points pass me by and Tamme probably would have lasted another round or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

feel there will be quite a bit of turnover this year with PK.....guys start missing extra points and PK street walkers will find jobs sooner than later.....I'm not overly concerned about PK2 as I think you can roll the dice on some of the guys currently w/o jobs and up with a PK2 after a few weeks....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OldMilwaukee said:

Sorry can't get to it now......if someone would make a couple of picks (flyers) for me that would be appreciated. 

OK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OldMilwaukee said:

Sorry can't get to it now......if someone would make a couple of picks (flyers) for me that would be appreciated. 

Beefed up your RBs with Zenner and Perkins

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

feel there will be quite a bit of turnover this year with PK.....guys start missing extra points and PK street walkers will find jobs sooner than later.....I'm not overly concerned about PK2 as I think you can roll the dice on some of the guys currently w/o jobs and up with a PK2 after a few weeks....

Agreed and why I got 2 solid guys who will have job baring injury. There is 5 or 6 guys who scare me big time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BusMan said:

18 teams makes this very interesting.

Definitely. I just found myself getting mad that someone just picked Jeremy Kerley. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shadowfax said:

Definitely. I just found myself getting mad that someone just picked Jeremy Kerley. lol

And as soon as I pulled the trigger on Kerley I realized that I also have Gabbert and Torrey on my roster. Meaning I now own almost the entirety of the 49ers' pass offense. :bag:

At least the Week 8 bye shouldn't be a problem since I'll probably get bounced before then.

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well there are sleepers and then there's crapping darts out your butt.  

Somehow I think I got a kicker kicking this weekend in the last round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.