What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Celebrate 9/11 with this Twin Tower sale (1 Viewer)

Would you mind changing the title? I find celebrating a tragedy offensive.

I have no idea how

1. Someone thought that was a good idea.
2. They actually went through creating the commercial without anyone wondering.. Hmm, maybe this is in bad taste.
3. That it took uploading the video before they realized it was a mistake.

:whoosh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea how

2. They actually went through creating the commercial without anyone wondering.. Hmm, maybe this is in bad taste.
3. That a a T.V. Station aired it before realizing it was in bad taste.

:thumbup: Pure stupidity on so many levels.

I have no idea how

3. That it took uploading the video before they realized it was a mistake.

Surprised thet weren't dressed like airplanes to be honest

With any luck, hopefully they go out of business within a month. I heard kapernick was supposed be spokesperson on next commercial

The whole idea of a "Twin Towers Sale" was cringe-worthy to begin with, but the finale of the towers of mattresses going down with her fake shrieks of terror and "we'll never forget" was  :shock:

Car Dealer Pegs Sale To Pearl Harbor Day

Reuters

Published: December 8, 1984

• FACEBOOK
  • TWITTER
  • GOOGLE+
  • EMAIL
  • PRINT
  • REPRINTS
  •  

CHICAGO, Dec. 7,— A car dealer today advertised a ''Pearl Harbor Day sale'' with a newspaper advertisement showing pictures of the Japanese attack 43 years ago. The advertisement urged customers to buy ''American cars built in America by Americans.'' 

The message from Bob and Ed Schoenthaler's General Motors dealership in West Chicago, Ill., appeared in a tabloid published in the suburb. 

Over a montage of photographs of United States battleships smoldering after the Dec. 7, 1941, attack on the naval base in Hawaii, the advertisement said, ''In rememberance of Pearl Harbor we are having a gigantic sale on American cars.'' 

When asked about the advertisement, Bob Schoenthaler, conceded it was controversial but said, ''We're just all-American boys trying to sell all-American cars.'' 

One General Motors official, who requested anonymity, called the advertisement ''chintzy.''

No ####ing way anyone thought this would be acceptable.  Only explanation is that they knew it would go viral, thinking any publicity is good publicity.

No ####ing way anyone thought this would be acceptable.  Only explanation is that they knew it would go viral, thinking any publicity is good publicity.
I don't know. Someone who is that fat clearly has such terrible decision making that she very well could have thought it was clever. 

I could see this commercial being effective in certain places in America.

Texas is not one of those places. 

I'm stunned
The owner is taking it very seriously. I think he realizes the potential damage this can cause him. I imagine he is a small business man with a thin margin and simply can't afford say a 15% loss in revenue. He stated he would not release a statement until this week as he did not want to take away from the rememberences that were taking place this weekend.

An note that I oddly haven't seen mentioned anywhere, the manager in question has the same last name as the owner. No idea if it is a wife, daughter, or simply a typo by the local news outlets.

The owner is taking it very seriously. I think he realizes the potential damage this can cause him. I imagine he is a small business man with a thin margin and simply can't afford say a 15% loss in revenue. He stated he would not release a statement until this week as he did not want to take away from the rememberences that were taking place this weekend.

An note that I oddly haven't seen mentioned anywhere, the manager in question has the same last name as the owner. No idea if it is a wife, daughter, or simply a typo by the local news outlets.
daughter

Every now and then I start to miss San Antonio, and then something like this, or the John Jay players tackling the HS football ref happens and reminds me that I don't miss it all that much. 

You stay classy, San Antonio :thumbup:  

Every now and then I start to miss San Antonio, and then something like this, or the John Jay players tackling the HS football ref happens and reminds me that I don't miss it all that much. 

You stay classy, San Antonio :thumbup:  
Yes. Because two people definitely define a city of 1.5 million. :rolleyes:

Miracle Mattress will reopen "as soon as possible" with new employees and training after sparking national outrage with its advertisement for a 9/11-themed "Twin Tower Sale" during the 15th anniversary of the attacks, the San Antonio company said Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread