What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 injury thread (1 Viewer)

Seems like a consolidated pregame injury  status thread might be warranted, rather than one for each player like before and like we have now, with the NFL's move away from using Probable. Those threads are taking up pretty much the entire first page and I imagine teams will be playing games with the Questionable tag all year. Not a complaint, though. Just throwing it out there.

Seems like a consolidated pregame injury  status thread might be warranted, rather than one for each player like before and like we have now, with the NFL's move away from using Probable. Those threads are taking up pretty much the entire first page and I imagine teams will be playing games with the Questionable tag all year. Not a complaint, though. Just throwing it out there.
Good point.

With 14 pinned player threads on Page 1, do you think the mods could maybe clean up some of the clutter by merging some of the threads? Like maybe have one Sunday thread for all of the Monday players? (and then create separate threads for those players on Monday) Or maybe have one thread for all of the players who were already declared "Out" a long time ago? (i.e. Gronk and Jamaal Charles) Pretty sure those threads aren't going to attract any new information on Sunday morning.

Just trying to help make the Shark Pool a more efficient and informative place. It's very frustrating to have to click on Page 2 to get to the first new thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
With 14 pinned player threads on Page 1, do you think the mods could maybe clean up some of the clutter by merging some of the threads? Like maybe have one Sunday thread for all of the Monday players? (and then create separate threads for those players on Monday) Or maybe have one thread for all of the players who were already declared "Out" a long time ago? (i.e. Gronk and Jamaal Charles) Pretty sure those threads aren't going to attract any new information on Sunday morning.

Just trying to help make the Shark Pool a more efficient and informative place. It's very frustrating to have to click on Page 2 to get to the first new thread.
Or pin one thread with links to all Sunday threads inside.

Keenan Allen down with non contact injury to knee after coming out of a break. He shook his head when the trainer came out. He is crying while being carted off. Not good.

yeah..Allen is f%$$ and doesn't look good.  If I had to guess, out for the year...unless he gets super lucky

sound like the early word is the team thinks Allen tore his ACL. that was the obvious conclusion to jump to given the non-contact nature, crying, cart, etc...

ugh

So disheartening that it happened the the first game of the year 
I don't know the stats but it sure seems like non-contact injuries happen far more often at the beginning of the season. Maybe players are just trying to put a little "extra" on it for the first time of the year and their bodies haven't adjusted.

Julio hurt twisted ankle pretty bad but he's walking on sideline 

Julio back on the field. He is playing but a replay showed him hopping after the play. Clearly it hurts.

Peterson asked to come off after one play anad now Assiata is in during clock killing mode.  Not sure if he injured anything and if he did probably minor.

But in case anyone was expecting him to add on to his beastly 31 yard total I'd guess he's done for the day.

Users who are viewing this thread