What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Power of the FFA- vote for my friend's Light design (1 Viewer)

El Floppo

Footballguy
Hi All,

My former school-mate, co-worker and current friend is a brilliant industrial designer and architect- his Axis 2 light fixture has been nominated for a Best of Year award in Interior Design magazine... a big deal.

There is no registration needed- just click and vote.

Only one vote per IP. Thanks a ton in advance- really hoping he wins this thing.

That's the last vision I remembered before waking up naked in the woods with a sore butthole.  Nobody believes me, but I swear I was abducted by aliens and anal probed.

He is an Industrial Designer & Architect? Seems like you would just do one or the other.  Does he start designing a room, and then get sidetracked for a week designing a fixture?  He must be designing for some really high end clients if they are paying for that kind of work.  

My BiL is ID, he does package design.  Not too exciting.  I have another buddy who designs custom yachts, and like your friend he will do everything from hull design, to custom whiskey glasses inside.  

He is an Industrial Designer & Architect? Seems like you would just do one or the other.  Does he start designing a room, and then get sidetracked for a week designing a fixture?  He must be designing for some really high end clients if they are paying for that kind of work.  

My BiL is ID, he does package design.  Not too exciting.  I have another buddy who designs custom yachts, and like your friend he will do everything from hull design, to custom whiskey glasses inside.  
he's an architect who got into ID from an architectural perspective- all stuff used in our field, so not stuff like package design. I think he does odds and ends architecturally, but the ID is his main gig- he's not doing soup-to-nuts designs inclusive of architecture (although I think he does the occasional exhibit design)... furniture, light-fixtures, etc, that get bought either individually or made into limited runs for hotels or production companies. guy was always a dreamer type- filling up sketchbooks with all kinds of amazing stuff while we plodded away during our shared job together doing boring rich people's boring homes. 

btw- we have a couple of people we work with for yachts (even though there hasn't been one in the office since I've been here), but always looking for good people... please feel free to PM your buddy's info if you're amenable.

thanks all... 

I'm pretty sure you'll all be getting your free weekly copy of American Boy Doll catalog soon. 39,299 for icon.

Users who are viewing this thread