What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2025 NBA Champion Philadelphia 76ers Thread*** - Still Processing (2 Viewers)

Deamon said:
Wonder if we can make a push for Hayward... he should be the top target.

Maybe even Wade or Blake who could provide some leadership? 

I'd like to see Millsap or Gaillinari sign here.

Westbrook of course would be insane and put as an instant contender.
THIS!

Ya the likelihood is still small.  But if in two years he really wants out, and we are sitting as a young contender 2/3 seed in the east with a ton of cap money and needing a stud, I could see it being attractive for both of us if he is still playing at this level.  Unlikely to happen but you never know.  Have a feeling if he does leave in 2 years it will be to the team that has the best shot for him to beat KD for that title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was on a flight next to Jered Jeffries earlier today. He's been the Nuggets director of player development the last few years. Was hearing his side of a conversation he was having with someone while we were waiting to take off and picked up some interesting tidbits. Apparently the Bulls were trying hard to trade Butler to the Nuggets but they wouldn't consider giving up Jamal Murray. I could tell he didn't agree, basically saying that if everything goes right with Murray he's Damion Lillard and Butler is better than that. He said the Nuggets could have traded for Klay Thompson a few years ago for Faried and a late 1st but obviously walked away.

He was also really ripping on Phil Jackson. Said he was straight up alseep at some workouts they were at. Said the FO is a mess and no one knows what Jackson is doing. 

Was on a flight next to Jered Jeffries earlier today. He's been the Nuggets director of player development the last few years. Was hearing his side of a conversation he was having with someone while we were waiting to take off and picked up some interesting tidbits. Apparently the Bulls were trying hard to trade Butler to the Nuggets but they wouldn't consider giving up Jamal Murray. I could tell he didn't agree, basically saying that if everything goes right with Murray he's Damion Lillard and Butler is better than that. He said the Nuggets could have traded for Klay Thompson a few years ago for Faried and a late 1st but obviously walked away.

He was also really ripping on Phil Jackson. Said he was straight up alseep at some workouts they were at. Said the FO is a mess and no one knows what Jackson is doing. 
Great

What does this have to do with the Philadelphia 76ers?

Great

Hey it at least got me pumped seeing more posts in this thread.  We just had the draft and have had like 1 philly post since then.  Wish this was as big as the Eagles thread!

Pretty happy with the draft.  We get blasted for making all these oversees picks, but when we have that many 2nd rounders, we almost have to.  Anyone know what we gave to get back into the first round?  Really like that Latvian big man.... some had him as high as 20, some as low as 40.  Either way, I love these stash guys for what we're doing now.  It's too bad we couldn't have traded more of them to move up and get more talent but I guess there wasn't a market there.  (or BC just doesn't know how to do the Hinkie). 

Overall all the picks seemed to be guys that weren't reaches and who were ranked/projected earlier or right at around where we took them.  Obvoiusly Fultz is the main piece and the only real one worth talking about.  Can't wait to see the FEDS next year.

Great

I love it.  Keep using this thread for inside info of all sorts, regardless of how it relates.

Also, I guess Butler is better than that but a five-years younger Lillard with 8 years of team control is better than Butler with 2.

Hey it at least got me pumped seeing more posts in this thread.  We just had the draft and have had like 1 philly post since then.  Wish this was as big as the Eagles thread!

Pretty happy with the draft.  We get blasted for making all these oversees picks, but when we have that many 2nd rounders, we almost have to.  Anyone know what we gave to get back into the first round?  Really like that Latvian big man.... some had him as high as 20, some as low as 40.  Either way, I love these stash guys for what we're doing now.  It's too bad we couldn't have traded more of them to move up and get more talent but I guess there wasn't a market there.  (or BC just doesn't know how to do the Hinkie). 

Overall all the picks seemed to be guys that weren't reaches and who were ranked/projected earlier or right at around where we took them.  Obvoiusly Fultz is the main piece and the only real one worth talking about.  Can't wait to see the FEDS next year.
It was the protected OKC first in 2020 plus a 2nd-rounder in 2020.

Nate Duncan is pretty high on Jonah Bolden also.  Unclear whether he wants to stay in Europe.

Sixers also signed Melo Trimble.

Pasecniks' feel for the game is a work in progress at this stage. He's registered just 8 assists in his 559 minutes in Spain the past two seasons, or one every 70 minutes of action. He can be somewhat of a black hole at times, looking to fire away every time he gets a catch, and struggling to move the ball fluidly within the flow of the offense when he does try to get others involved. These are things you'd like to see your stretch big man be able to do from the perimeter, and is something he'll have to improve on in time.

Pasecniks will wow you at times with his ability to cover ground fluidly at his size, getting low to the ground and sliding seamlessly staying in front of guards, but he really doesn't know how to use this consistently at this stage. He is somewhat of a blank canvas still on the defensive end, with many of his flaws being fundamental, experience and technique related, as opposed to a lack of ability. He's upped his shot-blocking numbers to a respectable 2 per-40 this season, which is something to continue to monitor as the season moves on.

Despite the flaws Pasecniks shows, it's important to remember that he's still only 20 years old (turning 21 next week), very much a late bloomer, and is just now starting to get his first taste of consistent rotational minutes at the professional level. Almost every team in the NBA is looking for a 7-footer who can catch lobs, make 3-pointers, cover ground fluidly defensively, and protect the rim. Players in his mold are so rare that someone is bound to take a chance and see how he looks with a few more years of development as he enters his mid-20s and completes his physical maturation.

Bolden has a good physical profile for a modern day power forward, standing 6'10 with a reported 7'3 wingspan. He has somewhat of an unconventional build, with semi-wide hips, thin legs, and an upper body that has improved over the years but can still stand to be toned. He is nonetheless a fluid athlete who is quick off his feet and can play above the rim in space, sometimes impressively, especially when combined with his long arms.

A large part of Bolden's intrigue as a prospect, in addition to his length and fluidity, revolves around his shooting potential. Bolden has made noticeable strides as a perimeter shooter in his year in Serbia, hitting an impressive 40% of his 4.2 3-point attempts per game, but just 61% of his free throw attempts. He has very good mechanics when stepping into his shots in rhythm, catching and releasing in one fluid motion on the hop, while showing deep range and the ability to make shots off the bounce as well, sometimes after using sharp step-backs off isolation plays.

He showed the ability to operate as the ball-handler in pick and roll situations, and likes to go one on one as well, being especially effective pushing the ball off the defensive glass, and even mixing in some change of speeds to his game, which is impressive to see at his size. Bolden can blow by slow-footed big men defenders in a straight line at this level with relative ease, showing nice body control on his drives, but will need to get stronger and tougher to be able to consistently finish what he creates against higher level big men. He tends to get knocked off balance fairly frequently due to his weak build and noticeable aversion to contact, only shooting 64/127 inside the paint according to Synergy Sports Technology, a very poor number in the Adriatic and Serbian Leagues, which boast very little in terms of rim protection.

His length gives him some impressive angles to finish with at times, but he'll have to do a better job of drawing contact in traffic and getting to the free throw line, a place he only found himself 2.6 times per game. Bolden tends to avoid going in the paint almost at all costs at times, preferring to settle for difficult turnaround jumpers even when being defended by significantly smaller players in the post. To his credit, he did grab an impressive 3.8 offensive rebounds per-40 minutes, a testament to his length, instincts and athleticism.

Bolden's playmaking this season has been somewhat of a mixed bag. On one hand, he'll wow you on occasion seeing plays before they happen and threading the needle impressively with bounce passes in drive and dish situations. On the other hand, his decision making can be very questionable at times, as he tends to run into brick walls, throw bullet passes into the third row, and generally turn it over more frequently than you might hope.

Defensively is where Bolden will likely make or break his NBA chances. He has the size, length and mobility to be a significant factor on this end of the floor, particularly with his ability to switch on screens, move his feet and stay in front of guards. He has choppy footwork on the perimeter and is generally very light on his feet for a 6'10 player, giving him plenty of potential as a defender. He got in the passing lanes at a great clip this season, at 2 steals per-40, and also did a nice job as a rim-protector, at 1.4 blocks per-40. -

Long Ball Larry said:
Also, I guess Butler is better than that but a five-years younger Lillard with 8 years of team control is better than Butler with 2.
i am not too bright.  i must have been high when I wrote this.  Lillard is 1 year younger, though he is under team control for 2 more years than Butler.  No idea WTF I was thinking about.

Id really like to see them bring in some veteran shooters with playoff experience to not only space the floor but give them the veteran leadership they need.

Protected forever 1-20?  Seems like a good deal to get pick 25 in the current year (also a stacked draft), for any pick outside the top 20 in any future year.
Look, it's very simple...

Two years (exactly two years only) after Oklahoma City conveys a 1st round pick to Utah, Oklahoma City will convey its 1st round pick to Orlando (via Philadelphia) protected for selections 1-20 in 2020 or 1-20 in 2021 or 1-20 in 2022; in any year, if this pick is not conveyed because it falls within its protected range, then Oklahoma City will instead convey its 2022 2nd round pick and 2023 2nd round pick to Orlando (i.e., the 1st round pick will not roll over to the following year due to protection) [Oklahoma City-Philadelphia, 11/1/2016; Orlando-Philadelphia, 6/22/2017]

:loco:

so it will become two seconds if it doesn't convey in the first year that it can, based on whether the okc pick has conveyed to Utah. (I think)

Two years (exactly two years only) after Oklahoma City conveys a 1st round pick to Utah, Oklahoma City will convey its 1st round pick to Orlando (via Philadelphia) protected for selections 1-20 in 2020 or 1-20 in 2021 or 1-20 in 2022; in any year, if this pick is not conveyed because it falls within its protected range, then Oklahoma City will instead convey its 2022 2nd round pick and 2023 2nd round pick to Orlando (i.e., the 1st round pick will not roll over to the following year due to protection) [Oklahoma City-Philadelphia, 11/1/2016; Orlando-Philadelphia, 6/22/2017]

so it will become two seconds if it doesn't convey in the first year that it can, based on whether the okc pick has conveyed to Utah. (I think)
jesus.

Wtf

Really thought Saric had a better chance at ROY than that.  Brogdon SMOKED him in voting.  64-13 in first place votes.  Embiid got 23 first place votes but finished 3rd overall.

Not sure how this could've gone any better.  A core of JoJo, Simmons, and Fultz should blossom into a title contender, even in the Warriors domination era.  Not to mention in all likely hood only one of the Lakers/Kings picks were given up and there is still a very very small minuscule chance both could end up being No. 1 overall twice.  Hinkie is to thank for this but give credit to popped-collar GM for working out such a great deal.

Embiid, Simmons, RoCo, Fultz is a great core with the Homie coming off the bench.  Just need to get a shooting guard or another forward.  Which superstars are becoming FA soon again?
have been talking about Reddick for about a month.  he seems like a great fit and make sense for both

Deamon said:
Really thought Saric had a better chance at ROY than that.  Brogdon SMOKED him in voting.  64-13 in first place votes.  Embiid got 23 first place votes but finished 3rd overall.
All-Star voting is about preference, not actual tangible numbers.  The thing that hurt Embiid was only 31 games played but Saric played just as many games if not more than Brogdon and posted better number in PPG and Rebounds.  That, and I think media is still salty over the blatant tanking by the Sixers.  We know who the better player(s) are, no disrespect to Brogdon who is a class act and also a very good player.

Love the signing.  Yes it's good it's only 1 year but I honestly hope we can extend him.  Would love to see him as a sixth man sharpshooter in 2 years during our hopeful playoff run.

I love JJ even more now.

The Sixers met Redick’s criteria as well. A young team on the rise. A roster that complemented his skills. A head coach he greatly respected. “I really believe this is a team that over the next three or four years will become the best team in the East,” Redick said. “I hope I’m sort of part of that rise just beyond this year because I think we can be a playoff team and I think in the next two or three years we can contend for conference championships and hopefully at some point NBA championships.”

Redick envisions this contract as only the beginning of a lengthy tenure in Philadelphia. “My hope is that this is a long-term thing and that I’m here three or four years and can finish my career as a Sixer,” Redick said.

I know. But I don't do podcasts and there's no national radio worth listening to on Sirius
yeah i would go insane. 10-15 minutes is more then enough for me to begin to lose my mind. i can't remember which channel/show, and maybe all of them are doing this now, but they are leaning on regular callers. problem is most of them are the worst. i would say roughly 1 out of every 25 calls actually has a good/original point. i have no idea how you do it

What exactly do you mean you don't "do podcasts"?  Why not?
I think I have AdHd. I can't listen to the same same thing for more than 10 mins or so. I'm all over the dial and back and forth between Sirius and fm and CDs.  I've tried podcasts before and they're interesting to a point then I quickly get bored. I couldn't listen to one for the hour I'm in the car each way.

Users who are viewing this thread